PDA

View Full Version : Things we know how to do

michellecd9999
10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
So I was thinking yesterday as I put on my bra and was hooking it behind me in 2 seconds, Gee, being a CD we learn how to do a lot of things that "regular" guys never do. Like:
- hooking a bra behind you (instead of hooking it in the front and spinning it around)
- applying makeup- correctly
- putting on pantyhose and stockings without tearing them
- Clipping the garters onto the stockings (especially the ones in back that you can't see or reach very easily!)
- walking in high heels, especially going down stairs

Any more you can think of?

outhiking
10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
- Sitting with my legs closed
- Bending over like a lady
- Typing with longer nails
- Polishing nails
- Walking gracefully (or at least trying to)

sandra-leigh
10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
The GGs I have had a chance to observe all hook-and-spin their bras (except for front closing ones.) I can fasten a bra in the back but I do not often do so now, as there is too much risk of twisting my shoulder at a bad angle.

====

You could add to your list unzipping back-zipped dresses. Which can be rather a struggle if the dangle on the zipper is short!

Megan Briana
10-03-2012, 05:24 PM
LOL I was just thinking that I have learned to do all these things! My ex wife would have been so proud! especially the bra one.... nothing killed the mood quicker than me fumbling with the hooks on the back only to be told, "Honey? It opens in the front".

Cindy M
10-03-2012, 06:04 PM
I hook and spin. My Wife has always done it, and it's how She taught me to put on a bra. How can you argue with that?

Kate Simmons
10-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah but unfortunately none of this kind of stuff will lead to a useful, viable occupation.:)

Roberta Marie
10-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Not being a "regular" guy, does this mean that they:
- out on their bras by hooking it in the front and spinning it around?
- apply their makeup incorrectly
- tear their pantyhose when they put them on
- don't clip their garters onto their stockings
- only walk up stairs in their high heels

;>)

So I was thinking yesterday as I put on my bra and was hooking it behind me in 2 seconds, Gee, being a CD we learn how to do a lot of things that "regular" guys never do. Like:
- hooking a bra behind you (instead of hooking it in the front and spinning it around)
- Clipping the garters onto the stockings (especially the ones in back that you can't see or reach very easily!)

Any more you can think of?

sandra-leigh
10-03-2012, 06:35 PM
"Housewife" is recognized by the Government of Canada as being an "occupation" :D

Dawn cd
10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
More learned skills:
being courteous to some boring guy
patting your hair into place
positioning clip-on earrings
walking confidently into the ladies room
not grabbing for the door, but letting a gentleman hold it for you

prettytoes
10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
-Shaving legs and armpits
-bending in a skirt, and sitting in a skirt so as to not offer everyone in the room a free peep-show
-putting on a sports bra without dislocating a shoulder
-walking in heels

Jilmac
10-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Entering or exiting a car while wearing a dress or skirt whithout flashing your unmentionables.

Angela Campbell
10-03-2012, 08:49 PM
After wearing bras from time to time since about 5 years old growing up, I was one of the few boys who when making out with a girl, could very quickly and easily unsnap their bra. Several girls commented on how good I was at this. They did not know I had more experience with bras then they did.

BLUE ORCHID
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi Michelle, I learned to use a sewing machine at an early age.

I learned to do the finger/thumb un snap on the back hooks early on.

Sarasometimes
10-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Smiling at perfect strangers
Starting small talk when in line
Good posture
Eating a bagel by breaking it up into little pieces so your lipstick doesn't smudge
Shopping for clothes when you don't even need any
Accessorizing!

Angela Campbell
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
My issue right now is the things I need to know how to do that I don't!!!! I tried painting my nails yesterday......worse than a half blind 3 year old...!

Beverley Sims
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah but unfortunately none of this kind of stuff will lead to a useful, viable occupation.:)

Including a lot of other SKILLS we have learned.
All my skills I have learned have just got me into trouble.
After been seen doing up a bra at the back. "You have done this before.
Haven't you. :)

kendra_gurl
10-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Mananging the tiny clasp on necklaces and other jewlery while wearing long nails

Buttons on blouses with long nails is also a milestone to accomplish

Pexetta
10-04-2012, 03:26 PM
The GGs I have had a chance to observe all hook-and-spin their bras (except for front closing ones.)

I agree - it was my knowledge of the hook-and-spin technique that raised GG eyebrows on one occasion when I was supposedly cross-dressing for laughs (but actually taking it a whole lot more seriously).

Lucy Lou
10-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I am the same with stockings, I have put them on so many times they are just second nature to me. And feel too right. I wish I could ware them every day. Lucy

sinderella
10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Heel cross over toe...heel cross over toe (walking like a lady) and actually putting the heel down first (while in high heels) rather than tippy toeing about.

Karren H
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
All my hockey player guy friends know how to use a garter belt.... and put on stockings and a girdle.. lol

Angela Campbell
10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Mananging the tiny clasp on necklaces and other jewlery while wearing long nails

doing ANYTHING with long nails!

Kaz
10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
The big eye-opener for me was a couple of years ago. I was staying away from home -I woke up realising that my car was parked in a public car park opposite the hotel and I needed to renew the meter or I would be fined in 5 mins...

I had gone to sleep with my make-up on (OK, what a s**t), but I just leapt out of bed, touched up my make-up, bra, stockings, heels, wig.. whatever was on the floor from the night before... down in the elevator, through the lobby, over the road, did the car thing... back towards the hotel, smiles from a couple of guys, back to my room... looked in the mirror... the best I have ever looked! Didn't think about a thing... scary! I even took a pic... I was so high!

It is everything that everyone has said... technical things, but also little mannerisms... BUT the biggest? Smiling at everyone and being positive and supporting and couching critical comments in positive and reinforcing language... That is hard and I am working on it!

I agree about painting nails... I am pants at that! Used to be loads better... maybe out of practice! :)

arbon
10-04-2012, 04:54 PM
hooking a bra behind you (instead of hooking it in the front and spinning it around)

My makeup is questionable but otherwise I do fail at all of the above.

I do a fair job with my nails though ! :)

CynthiaD
10-04-2012, 05:29 PM
For me:

Putting on a sports bra without having it roll up into a knot.

Taking off a sports bra when you're all sweaty.

Putting on pantyhose without ripping them when you haven't had the time to trim your toenails.

Painting your toenails without painting your whole toe.

Painting your fingernails without accidentally touching one of the wet ones.

Putting on lipstick without running off the edge of your lips.

Wearing a wig properly.

Hmm... The list seems to go on and on ...

Jocelyn Quivers
10-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Being able to successfuly navigate any section of any clothing store.

Being able to differentiate between Junior's, Misses, and Woman's Size's.

Being able to look at any outfit and within a few seconds being able to determine if it will fit yourself or you wife/SO.

Being a good and more than eager shopping partner for your wife/SO, giving true and honest feedback for how an outfit looks, participating in all day shopping marathon's where you can can actually wear them out!

Having no shame or embarrassment at all when being sent out/ordered to buy feminine hygene products, because you have all of the previous experiment from buying GG items for yourself. Also being able to stand right in the middle of said aisle without blinking an eye picking out said brand, without blinking an eye. While in male mode of course.:o

katie73
10-04-2012, 06:19 PM
be able to show genuine empathy when your girlfriend complains that she spent 4 hours shopping for a new outfit and couldnt find anything she liked

Persephone
10-04-2012, 08:08 PM

Tell me how, Kendra! After 15+ years of long nails I can pick up small change on a glass counter, pick up scraps of paper and broken glass off of the floor, and put in my contact lenses with no problem, but those tiny clasps still elude me! HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Beyond the clasp thing, I'm pretty used to everthing everyone has listed so far except for doing my own nails, I prefer professional manis and pedis. But there are some things I still haven't conquered. Keeping myself from attacking when I disagree with someone, especially about politics and theology, remains a huge effort for me.

Hugs,
Persephone.

May(be)
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
We know how to quickly deter unwanted sexual advances. Yes, there is such a thing.

michellecd9999
10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all the great contributions!

Oh yes, doing anything with long nails, especially when they are just the temporary stick on type. I loose a nail everytime I have to pull my hose or pantyhose up or down. Maybe it would be a bit easier with professionally attached nails or the real nails. Oh and you gurls are right about the jewely. Trying to claspe a necklace or bracelet, especially with nails.....
Oh and what about learning how to react to a compliment about your dress or shoes (never happens in guy world!)

Babeba
10-04-2012, 11:04 PM
be able to show genuine empathy when your girlfriend complains that she spent 4 hours shopping for a new outfit and couldnt find anything she liked

This is the first really good skill on this thread, other than Jocelyn's shopping ones!

Please don't take this too judge-y because I know not everyone cross dresses for the same reasons and not everyone actually feels female/transgendered - but I get the feeling that the role of femininity is very superficial here.

What about the skill of self acceptance, and learning how to love yourself?

What about the very important skin care regimes you do as a person worried about his or her skin? It's a much better option to moisturize.

I love it that my CDer can appreciate it when I put an extra effort in my appearance because he knows how much work goes into it!

What about how to fit more useful items with you with a handbag? I'm sure a few of you use bags in man mode as well! Isn't it easier to be prepared for more situations?

Edit! I missed Kaz' post about communicating with people! Love that one!

sandra-leigh
10-04-2012, 11:35 PM
What about how to fit more useful items with you with a handbag? I'm sure a few of you use bags in man mode as well! Isn't it easier to be prepared for more situations?

I had to cut down and start using much smaller purses: I was straining my shoulder too much from the weight of what I was carrying around. (Serious.)

AimeeCD
10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I love this one: putting on lip gloss or lipstick without needing a mirror!

kendra_gurl
10-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Tell me how, Kendra! After 15+ years of long nails I can pick up small change on a glass counter, pick up scraps of paper and broken glass off of the floor, and put in my contact lenses with no problem, but those tiny clasps still elude me! HOW DO YOU DO IT?

After watching my wife manage so many things with long nails for years I learned as I'm sure you have, one cannot use the ends of your fingers like most men do anymore. Thankfully my fingers are smaller than the average man and learning to use the side of my finger tips has helped a lot. Still you'd think jewlery makers would make an easier or larger clasp for their intended target market .

As for attacking those you disagree with. Don't let that bother you just apply for a job on the TV show the View you will feel right at home MEOOOOOOW :argue:

Persephone
10-05-2012, 07:40 PM
After watching my wife manage so many things with long nails for years I learned as I'm sure you have, one cannot use the ends of your fingers like most men do anymore. Thankfully my fingers are smaller than the average man and learning to use the side of my finger tips has helped a lot. Still you'd think jewlery makers would make an easier or larger clasp for their intended target market.

Some time ago I got a box of "Clever Clasp," a clever little add-in necklace link that converts a regular lobster claw clasp into a magnetic barrel clasp. But I couldn't find more of those so I bought some magnetic barrel clasps and some jewelry findings and made my own.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/NecklaceClasp.jpg

As for attacking those you disagree with. Don't let that bother you just apply for a job on the TV show the View you will feel right at home MEOOOOOOW :argue:

Ooooh! Meooooow indeed! I seriously don't like that show! Such an obvious skew of the panel. Always reminds me of the brainwashing show that Mildred Montag watches in Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451. I keep expecting Barbara Walters to turn toward the screen and say, "And what do you think, Mildred?"

Hugs,
Persephone.

sandra-leigh
10-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I keep expecting Barbara Walters to turn toward the screen and say, "And what do you think, Mildred?"

"I think that's just fine."

sometimes_miss
10-06-2012, 02:21 AM
I agree - it was my knowledge of the hook-and-spin technique that raised GG eyebrows on one occasion when I was supposedly cross-dressing for laughs (but actually taking it a whole lot more seriously).

I suppose she thought you'd never seen a woman get dressed before??

suchacutie
10-06-2012, 11:15 AM
general skills:

shaping eyebrows (mine would be 2" wide and all the way across otherwise!)

general skin care (have you noticed how bad the skin is on older guys?!!!)

But there are also interpersonal skills:

Understanding a GG as she talks about all the unique words locked into fashion (Empire waist, doleman sleeves, etc).

Knowing when a GG wants you to solve a problem or when she just wants to have you help her rant about it.

Knowing just how long it really will take a GG to get ready to leave the house (my wife has not been late since Tina has arrived!).

being able to do your SO's nails!

smiling inwardly as some guy says, "I'll never understand women!".

giving fashion advice in a store and having your SO happy to have it!

lending your things to your SO when she needs them.

not walking too fast when you are in male mode and she is wearing heels!

Hmmm, so why aren't CDers in total demand?????

Foxglove
10-06-2012, 02:52 PM
This is the first really good skill on this thread, other than Jocelyn's shopping ones!

Please don't take this too judge-y because I know not everyone cross dresses for the same reasons and not everyone actually feels female/transgendered - but I get the feeling that the role of femininity is very superficial here.

Hi, Babeba! This is common complaint among GG's when we "girls" are being a bit light-hearted. There's nothing wrong with a bit of levity sometimes. Sometimes we do get very serious about the whole show and ask some fairly deep questions.

To generalize, I remember back in the days when I was still on "the guilt and shame trip", I realized that I had crossed a line (which is what makes me "trans", right?). By getting into women's clothing I realized that I had entered a whole new magical realm that I wasn't supposed to know anything about. And it was magic. It was beautiful. And Lord, did I feel ashamed of myself.

Where do those hesitant beginnings take you? Well, you never know. But it's led me to ask a lot of questions over the years. One of them I've been asking quite often lately is this: all of these attributes that we assume are female, are they really female? And all of those attributes we assume to be male, are they really male? E.g., if someone shows empathy, is that their feminine side coming out, or is it perhaps because they're simply a good person? That is, how do we separate gender attributes from human attributes?

You see, we can be as deep or superficial as we like, depending on the moment and the mood. That said, like a lot of the girls, I take a bit of pride in some of the skills I've acquired. I filed the nails down today and did a fairly good job of it. They were getting a bit long.

Best wishes, Annabelle

RenneB
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I think I can add a few....

* Finally understanding how cheesed off a girl gets when she breaks a nail. I hate that too. Stops me in mid action and cus.

* The ability to tie a corset from behind, using the 'door knob' trick alone.

* The newly found ability to drive the speed limit.... only en fem mode as I really don't want to end up on some utube show...

* How to walk on grass in heels...

* Check the skirt upon getting out of the car. Always need to tug it down a little.

* Finally figuring out what those clear little straps on dresses are for..

* Ability to de-fem in under a minute when the SO comes home unannounced...happened twice.

* Ability to explain every little left over of Renne... red lips - must have used the wrong chap stick... eyes a little dark - must have smudged some dirt while working in the garage....

* I have finally figured out my size!!! It's a juniors large unless it's stretchy material then it's a juniors medium unless the length is too short, then it's a 14 but maybe a 16 but then again I can also fit into a 12 pants..... really, I think I have this figured out.... LOL...

Renne.....