PDA

View Full Version : Hats

Sandraellen
10-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Does anybody wear a hat when they go out dressed ? You don't see many GGs wear hats.

bridget thronton
10-05-2012, 12:48 AM
I want to wear hats - but never find find one I really enjoy wearing

dragdoll
10-05-2012, 01:04 AM
I used to see these hat/wig combos in stores a few years back. They were those cadet style hats that were popular with girls at the time, with the hair sewn into the inner band, different colored hats, different shades of hair. I regret not buying one since I haven't seen them since. They would have been cool for a lazy/casual style.

noeleena
10-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi,

Yes i do as in my avatar im wearing my head scarve or one of many i have , some i wear similer to a turbin , that one im wearing i take the tails twirll them around then cross them over around my head then a lose knot at the back turbin style,

The hats = bonnits are for our Edwardian days together, similer as worn in the 1900 to 1914,

& sometimes that will be soon ill wear my sun hats. & that includes every where in the Village or just down the streets & shoping, & for myself i dont have any bad hair days, ever,

...noeleena...

KatieTaylor
10-05-2012, 04:36 AM
I love wearing hats when i'm dressed, my problem is finding those that suit/fit me. My head is quite large and with a wig too i need a big hat.
This is a photo of me in a hat i wore to a fancy dress party last year.
Katie Taylor x

Cheryl T
10-05-2012, 04:43 AM
I have one that I wore on vacation last year. Sorry, no picture available.
It's wide brim for sun and also rain protection.

Other than that, while I love hats, I don't have any. I was in a shop a while back (all styles of hats only) and tried on lots, but just couldn't find Me....

DAVIDA
10-05-2012, 04:43 AM
I never liked wearing hats in either mode.
Jean wears one all the time. Some people call her the hat lady.:heehee:

BLUE ORCHID
10-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi Sandra, Although I don't wear a hat when dressed I guess because I don't have any yet.

There's nothing sexier than a beautiful lady with a big hat on.

Tina B.
10-05-2012, 08:00 AM
I have a nice collection of hats in both genders, but then I've always loved wearing hats. I don't go out, but it doesn't stop me from wearing a nice outfit, and a hat when it fit's the mood.
Tina B.

Beverley Sims
10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
I sometimes wear a large brimmed beach hat with sunnies, big beach towel and a tankini.

Sallee
10-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I were a baseball hat all the time in drab and occasionally a sun hat when dressed. Hats do look good on some

Tracii G
10-05-2012, 10:26 AM
With my wigs it would have to be a huge hat size.lol

Stephenie S
10-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Well yes. I love hats. I have several.

S

Mandyrcd
10-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Once in a while I ll wear a hat when I dont wear a wig.

Jorja
10-05-2012, 12:50 PM
With my wigs it would have to be a huge hat size.lol

Are you saying you have a big head or puffy ears?

I have several hats that I wear. Everything from retro pillbox hat (think Jackie Kennedy) to large brimmed beach hat. Have fun with it. That is what life is all about.

cyndigurl45
10-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes I have one I know, I know

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EC6c45nDa5Q/TybsOeZYJVI/AAAAAAAAAcw/6JtBeeYSDtQ/s400/CYmall.jpg.jpg

I have to smile

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Gn8BtS8gesU/TybsQS0ePJI/AAAAAAAAAcs/6DEfde2PWcU/s400/CYsmile.jpg.jpg

:-) LOL

ColleenA
10-05-2012, 06:31 PM
There's nothing sexier than a beautiful lady with a big hat on.

Makes me think of Audrey Hepburn in "My Fair Lady" or Kate Winslet at the start of "Titanic." But those are period pieces that would be so hard to pull off today.

Kaz
10-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Hats are an oddity aren't they!?

Simple answer is no not really, but then I couldn't resist this one...

Persephone
10-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi Sandra!

When I was a little girl I loved hats! Family and friends would bring me hats from trips they made, etc. and I had a nice little collection. But by the time I was a teen I decided they made me look silly and just plain didn't work for me. So I stopped wearing them for many, many years. Still liked to see 'em, just would never wear one.

Now that I'm older I've rediscovered them and I've come to the conclusion that they work for me once again. So there are occassions when I wear them again. I especially love the veiled hats of the 1950's as restro wear but I don't have many of those and very seldom do get a chance to wear that style.

But if we're going to be out in the Southern California summer sun I often wear this hat that I bought in Santa Barbara.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/TheBeigeHat.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

ColleenA
10-05-2012, 07:04 PM
OK, Persephone. Prove me wrong. :)

Persephone
10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
OK, Persephone. Prove me wrong. :)

Thank you, Colleen! I do like the way that hat looks on me.

But please do try one for yourself. Just like my experience, you may be pleasantly surprised by the result!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Vickie_CDTV
10-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Those those who wear wigs and hats, do you find it ends up crushing the wig and ruining the style after a while? I'd love to be able to wear dressy hats (especially a pillbox style with a veil) but haven't been able to find one that fits my head, especially with the wig on, and I am worried about ruining the wig style.

RitaJanelle1964
10-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I usually keep my head shaved most of the time, and just for fun now and then, I'll go out dressed wearing a black fedora and no wig, just to see if I get a reaction. I've also gone out a time or two with no wig or hat at all. Most people probably think I'm a cancer patient, but the double-takes I get are priceless...

AllieSF
10-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I want to try wearing hats out when I go out into the city. However, the few times I have tried one on with my wig it always seems like it wants to slide off. What am I doing wrong, or is that natural and it will stay there unless it is windy?

I Am Paula
10-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Good thread. I've never owned a hat, and frequently wanted to, but when I try one on it's just not me. Are some people just hat friendly, and others not? I admire a beautiful woman really pulling of a look with a great chapeau, and I laughed my *ss of at the godawful lids at Kate Middletons wedding (what were they thinking?). I'll keep looking, as I have a new navy blue cashmere coat for this winter, which will go with skinny jeans, and suede ankle boots... so maybe some suggestions girls?-Celeste

Persephone
10-07-2012, 02:43 AM
The problem with hats, at least in the U.S., is that they are rare. So wearing one in public will subject you to greater scrutiny. No problem if you are comfortable with the attention, but seriously not comfortable if you aren't.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tina B.
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Funny, rare I don't think so, around easter every year, I have bought many a hat, and I get them usually at K-MART, Target also has had some pretty hats.
Around Derby time I start thinking of hats, you see so many pretty ones there, so last year I goggled Derby hats, found a great site, but they had great big Fancy hats at great big fancy prices, so all I could do was wish for one, my wishes never seem to get filled, dare wish fairy. You will also notice many a starlet will use hats to hide behind. You can find hats that are appropriate for many styles and places. If all else fails, join a black Baptist Church, all the ladies wear them there. Or Catholic church where women cover their heads, I'll bet some of them wear hats.
Tina B.

tara t
10-07-2012, 07:01 PM
i have a few but do not wear them out .

AllieSF
10-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Tina,

Not sure if you have been in a Catholic church recently, but that obligation for women to cover their head while in church has been gone many, many years ago. Some more traditional women may still wear them, but most do not.