PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Girls Night A detailed account

Kerigirl2009
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Well it finally happened, I was invited to enjoy an evening of wine and dine with the girls. To say the least I was rather nervous seeing as I only know one woman who will be there. She assured me that everyone would be fine with me being there and NOT TO WORRY!!!
The worrying could not be helped, as I was a nervous wreck to say the least.

The night was to start about 6:30 meaning dinner (homemade speghetti) and french bread, I said I would bring the salad, so I stopped at Olive Garden. I love those salads.

So I started to get ready after picking up the salad, (in my vehicle, which I hate) I was feeling confident and then I realized after I changed that I forgot to buy the wine, Now I am thinking, NO WAY can I stop at a liquor store, so I texted my friend and she laughed because she forgot hers too. But she said their was plenty and not to worry about it (PHEW)

Just about ready to start my truck when My wife texted me (not a good text either) basically it said "Really, Why wold you leave pictures out like that and who was I showing them too?" Now I just started to panic, as my wife does not like Keri at all.

I began sweating tremendously, which was not good for my makeup LOL
She sort of let me off the hook and I was on my way

When I arrived of course the butterflies started flying and I began to sweat again.Ughhhh
I grabbed the salad and my purse and walked up to the door. I was greeted and made my way in, nervous as hell.
The three women made me feel right at home. within about ten minutes of arriving I felt like I was apart of the group, they included me in all the conversation and I just felt welcomed completely

The wine was out and we where having a good time socializing when two more women showed up I was right there and they introduced me to them, I was greeted with smiles and the food was ready, We at together and sipped wine and enjoyed eachothers company, They did ask me how I liked to be refered too. I told them to just call me Keri and they did.
Why did it feel so right spending time with them, and I think the simple answer is, I was accepted as just one of the girls. I dont think I have ever felt this comfortable with any group of people before and I can mingle with anyone.

The night was still early after dinner so we went and sat on the front porch and just chatted about anything and everything, and of course they did enquire about me,but in a very positive way.

About that time, a car pilled up and it was one of the boyfriends of the women I was visiting, I immediately asked if he was going to be ok with me being there and they where like oh yeah he is just fine. And he was a very nice person he didnt mingle with me too much but didnt ignore me either.
About then they mentioned the hot tub, unfortunatly I did not bring a suit so that was out of the question, but maybe next time.
The evening ended about 11pm and I was on cloud nine, not because of the wine I might add, but because for the first time in my life I knew what it was like to just be one of the girls.

I cant wait until next time. Hopefully soon
So thank you to Theresa (and friends) for giving me my first night of what it feels like to be truly accepted

Veronnie2
10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
See keri, that was not so bad...All the nervousness for nothing...Good beginning, now enjoy your femme side even more....veronnica

Kerigirl2009
10-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I had to add some so I didnt lose my post this time LOL

arbon
10-05-2012, 04:12 PM
The evening ended about 11pm and I was on cloud nine, not because of the wine I might add, but because for the first time in my life I knew what it was like to just be one of the girls

That is really great and I'm happy for you! Thank you for sharing about it here :)

Persephone
10-05-2012, 06:26 PM
So, so cool, Keri!

It sounds like such a wonderful evening! So glad for you!

Hope you can improve situation with wife.

Hugs,
Persephone.

abigailf
10-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow! It sounds like it turned out to be a wonderful time. It's nice to hear stories of acceptance like that. Thanks.

ArleneRaquel
10-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Acceptance is a wonder thing. I'm so happy that you had a good time. The first of many I hope. :)

docrobbysherry
10-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Sounds great, Keri! But, I'm confused! How did u get invited to an all girls party and your wife didn't? And, u didn't even know most of the women? Did your SO? I think something's missing in your post or your SO may have had right to be upset.

Kerigirl2009
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
The woman who invited me is a lady I met recently and my wife does not know her. The friends that I dont know are friends of the woman I recently met, so they are her friends, and she was introducing me to them with a diiner and wine evening get to gether.

As far as my wife being upset, she is upset that I would even want to have a girls night, she does not like my femme side and wishes she would crawl under a rock and die.
So coming with me is out of the question as she has no desire to ever see her husband as Keri. While I am trying to embrace and enjoy who I am she is embarrassed

moniquemn
10-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi Keri, well done girl! Hope you continue to embrace your feminine side. Monique