PDA

View Full Version : Would love to post more face pics but am a little worried

anastasiaprincess
10-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi Girls As you have probably noticed most of my pics i have posted don't include my face The reason for this is that i have very a good job and a lot of friends who don't know my little secret I am frightened of what would happen if people from work or my friends found out ! What do you think the chances of non cd's finding my pics on the web ? ( i have my face in my avatar but it is small and i don't think i'm recognizable in it )

Karren H
10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho

Kaz
This is a very interesting issue... my advice is if you are not sure... DON'T!

Having said that... I don't look anything like my real self when in Kaz mode, so I am more relaxed. You also have to think about why any non-CD would be on this site? The only way they would find out is to admit to being here... ???

xx

wadevikingfan
i really don't think your freinds look at this website...and you are very pretty and passable...why hide such a pretty face??

wendy

Jorja
10-05-2012, 06:57 PM
If your friends or work colleagues are not CD/TG/TS/IS, why would they be looking here for you? Again, as has been said, if you are not sure or comfortable, don't

Saffron
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Kaz has pretty much summed it up. Here is relative secure but once you upload a photo to the internet you can never tell where it will end.

Lori B
10-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho.......I agree with Karren,I consider this my safe haven..:brolleyes::heehee:

katie73
10-05-2012, 07:16 PM
i have a teenage son, at his age he has enough on his plate without being confronted by the sight of his dad all dressed up. while i know the chances of this happening are miniscule, while the chance is there then its not a risk im willing to take. who knows, i could end up like this guy! http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-google-image-search-made-me-world-famous-moron/

also, to be honest, i quite like how my body looks dressed up and dont really like pics where my ugly mug spoils the effect!

in short, if a pic is ever taken of me where i think a) im totally unrecognisable to my male self and b) my face enhances the pic rather than spoils it, then i'll post it right away. promise

STACY B
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Get that Camera out my FACE !!!!!!!!! 188889

becky77
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi Anastasia. I understand your concern but I had too seek this site out, you have to be interested in crossdressing to come here, it not likely someone you know will a) stumble upon this site b) be here long enough to find your picture and then c) recognise you in your makeup etc. I think you would have to be a fellow crossdresser to come that far.

That said I am from Essex and I will be looking for you now lol

Launa
10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm going to post pics of myself soon, I'm just holding back because my SO wouldn't want me too.
I'm at a stage in my life where I'm ready to own what I do.

Angela Campbell
10-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I don't worry about that. Any picture can be faked so easily now that you could take a pic of anyone and make it look like it is a man wearing a dress, or making love to a football. If someone I knew showed me a pic I would just laugh it off as some kind of joke. That said I do not have any pics posted anywhere but that is mostly because I just can't get the camera to make a decent picture of myself. I have to use either a mirror and it always looks like a funny angle or I use the 10 sec delay and it just looks so unnatural ....I will get someone else to take my pic tomorrow at my tri ess meeting.

PretzelGirl
10-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I had the same concerns when I first got on here Anastasia. If you start getting some level of comfort, I would recommend only posting them in the pictures forum. A person has to be a member and signed in to see anything there where this forum doesn't have that requirement. But like many say, why would they be here anyway whether they are signed in or not? But the picture forum makes for a more comfortable first step.

giuseppina
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I agree with you, Sue. This CD won't post any pictures on the public forum, and until I get my own camera, there won't be any pictures at all. I've consistently found that it's better to be safe than sorry with identifying information on the internet. It's mostly others' experiences, not mine, and I'm not willing to put myself in that position. That includes my avatar.

Cheryl T
10-06-2012, 05:40 AM
If people you work with saw your pics here I would ask them... "And why were YOU on a crossdresser site?"

Think about it...if you're here it's for a reason...what's theirs?

Michelle (Oz)
10-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho

I'm hoping you are right Karren having joined the show and tell brigade. In part my decision reflects a degree of comfort now with my photos. (Thankfully taking digital photos is cheap.)

MsJanessa
10-06-2012, 07:50 AM
The chances of you being recognized are slim but if you are recognized from posting here or on another CD/TG site, chances are you will be asked for a date rather than being outed. After all, what was the person who recognized you doing, surfing this site

Pexetta
10-06-2012, 04:53 PM
That said I am from Essex and I will be looking for you now lol

I'm expecting to bump into either one of you any day now :GD:

ChelseaErtel
10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm new to this and I thought the same thing that Jorja said,"why would they be looking here for you? Again, as has been said, if you are not sure or comfortable, don't". So, I posted my photos with my face. If a co-worker recognized me, then I bet I found a new girl friend.

But, do what YOU are most comfortable with. I figure if my wife finds out, then it was meant to be. If she looked, she'd see it anyway.

Chelsea

Diane Maple
10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
So, as noted... If someone sees you they are probably a friend. Btw, if you log out you can see some of the pages ar hidden and some not... So, if you are really worried, just post pictures to areas that only members can see. Then just mod your avitar to not be as clear. But, really if someone is looking on this site, they are probably a friend.

Confetti
10-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Hi there, this is a site for support but be wary of posting pictures if you're in both worlds, it might not be good to do.
All I know is it is easy to be exposed and then people look to blame some one when your out enough not to care by all means. Consider fem masks too they give you illusion. But do take pictures for your own improvement on make up and hair colouring it is better than a mirror because you can see what works and things that might need more attention.

Megan_Renee
10-07-2012, 03:50 AM
Here is my advice, for what it's worth. Take a picture of yourself, in a pose that you have placed online and en femme, but this picture is in guy mode. Use the services tineye.com and images.google.com to do an image search using that image. If pictures of your femme self pop up, remove those images. If none do, you're good to go!

I do this periodically to manage my online image for both male and female images, and I believe that it is good practice to see what the internet says about you, just as a general rule!

reb.femme
10-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm expecting to bump into either one of you any day now :GD:

I get into Essex as part of my work now and again, so I'll be looking for all of you! :heehee:

If you are not wholly comfortable posting pics, I suppose the best advise is as Kaz stated, 'DON'T'. As with most things, in your own time is best. :)

Reb

audreyinalbany
10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
well I also think that only members can access the picture and video gallery...

heatherdress
10-07-2012, 05:40 PM
This forum is a comfortable place to post comments and questions. But if anyone has any important reservations about posting their picture, they should not do so. Anything posted on the internet you have to assume can be compromised, discovered and shared. Even with restricted site access, for example, if someone else in your work place or neighborhood is an unknown site member, you could be discovered. Most likely a very slim chance, but possible. Members might also want to be careful about posting personal information (location, employment, current military service) which could further identify them if they have concerns. Why post anything that you are worried about?

Kerstin
10-07-2012, 05:51 PM
You don't need to post your face if you don't want to. Don't forget that anyone can see the forum avatars here without having to be a member, which is why I don't have my photo as my avatar. You just never know who might see it and make the connection. Slim chance maybe, but not one I'm prepared to take. At least, not at the moment.

Sallee
10-07-2012, 07:02 PM
If people are surfing over hear they are interested in CDing or they will get real bored real quick. If some one recognizes you you probably get a new friend out of it. I seriously doubt any one would see you. If they do they'll have to say why they surfed here in the first place. I post regularly on different sites and I am in the closet for the most part DADT situation I put photo's up and never ever has there been any one who as said anything I almost wish some one fromthe outside would see me and comment. BUt it just dosen't happen

Sallee
10-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I agree a PC pic or phone pic as a way bigger shoot at outing you

Raquel June
10-07-2012, 10:44 PM
If you're worried, just make sure your avatar pic is safe, and make sure you only post pics in Members Only sections. You can't actually be worried about someone registering on this forum and then seeing something in a Members Only sub-forum.

The only thing you really have to worry about is doing something extra dumb, like posting incriminating things that could show up on a Google search. You don't want someone to randomly Google your real name or the company you work for or your email address and have posts from CD.com pop up in the search results.

I really need to get a remote wipe app for Android. Yesterday I was at a bar and couldn't find my phone, and I knew I probably just left it in my car, but I was still thinking, "What the hell? I've got all my logins to all my personal stuff on my phone!" Nevermind the fact that my ex took some pretty skanky pictures of me and then sent them to my phone.

Actually, if somebody started looking through my phone, they'd probably find it so depressing they'd kill themselves. They'd be like, "OMG! I found some weirdo tranny's phone, and the only things in the call history are bill collectors and therapists! And drunk texts to ex-girlfriends!"

Ann Thomas
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Some very good comments have already been posted. I use a drawing for an avatar on here for that reason. On another site, I use a picture of myself with my hands cradling my face. This makes it so facial recognition software has a much more difficult time getting a match.

Ann

Courtneigh
10-07-2012, 10:55 PM
This should be safe...if you get recognised then you have a new friend...or rather share a "secret" ?

I want to be who I really am...pretending is catching up to me...qiuckly !!!

anastasiaprincess
10-12-2012, 06:42 PM
If you're worried, just make sure your avatar pic is safe, and make sure you only post pics in Members Only sections. You can't actually be worried about someone registering on this forum and then seeing something in a Members Only sub-forum.

The only thing you really have to worry about is doing something extra dumb, like posting incriminating things that could show up on a Google search. You don't want someone to randomly Google your real name or the company you work for or your email address and have posts from CD.com pop up in the search results.

I really need to get a remote wipe app for Android. Yesterday I was at a bar and couldn't find my phone, and I knew I probably just left it in my car, but I was still thinking, "What the hell? I've got all my logins to all my personal stuff on my phone!" Nevermind the fact that my ex took some pretty skanky pictures of me and then sent them to my phone.

Actually, if somebody started looking through my phone, they'd probably find it so depressing they'd kill themselves. They'd be like, "OMG! I found some weirdo tranny's phone, and the only things in the call history are bill collectors and therapists! And drunk texts to ex-girlfriends!"

great post and thank you it has helped me a lot !! :))))

tiffanythecd2001
01-05-2013, 11:24 PM
I never really worry about no more, if they don't like it they can turn the other way, we all have our fanisty or what we want too look like , both male and females, huggs Tiffany:doll:

Chickhe
01-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Even if someone was to figure you out, how do they actually know for sure unless you tell them? Even then, if they know, they don't know who else knows and who is watching your back. People will wonder why they are so interested in your life. You can also fight back with legal action if they harm your reputation or do something illegal. Its a small risk if you are smart about it. Nothing you post online is gauranteed to be real is it?

Tracy - new dresser
01-06-2013, 01:05 AM
i post face pics only on here, cause if my friends DO find em it also means theyre looking into CDing as well cause theyll be on this site lol. nothing to hide.

Keri L
01-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Even if someone was to figure you out, how do they actually know for sure unless you tell them? Even then, if they know, they don't know who else knows and who is watching your back. People will wonder why they are so interested in your life. You can also fight back with legal action if they harm your reputation or do something illegal. Its a small risk if you are smart about it. Nothing you post online is gauranteed to be real is it?

Truth is an absolute defense to any suit for libel or slander in the US. Therefore, if you tried to sue someone for harming your representation by outing you as a CDer, and the picture was actually you dressed en femme and posted on a CD website, chances sre your suit would be thrown out. Of course, the threat of a lawsuit, before any outing may deter some, but not anyone with knowledge of the law and a penchant for being a d-bag!

VanIsle
01-13-2013, 01:44 AM
I posted a face pic a while back, then removed it again. I guess it doesn't really matter, but my face ruins most of my photos anyway lol

larry
01-13-2013, 02:01 AM
I do not think I qualify to give Advice. I do however know that once it is on the internet it is there forever !!

Lacy PJs
01-13-2013, 02:50 AM
I'm in the same boat but would have to agree that people looking at pictures here probably came here for a similar reason.

Having said that... I once did a Google search of something like French maid costume and was surprised at how many photos there were of CDs wearing them. And none of those photos were posted here. So one could come across pictures that were in more of a public forum without trying all that hard.

So if in doubt, don't... that's why I won't either. And just to repeat what someone else said earlier... once it's loose on the Internet, it's here forever.

Lacy PJs

Beverley Sims
03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I am a bit reserved with my picture too.
Some of the girls in the photo section are so gorgeous that I am sure they defy recognition.
Now if I looked like one of them again.......

reb.femme
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
.....in short, if a pic is ever taken of me where i think a) im totally unrecognisable to my male self and b) my face enhances the pic rather than spoils it, then i'll post it right away. promise

I worried initially, but to be honest now, I'll live with the outing should it happen.

Damn and blast on both counts for me Katie.
Also, I like the signature quote.

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, and it owes me a living

Is it from the official DSS website? :devil:

Rebecca

sometimes_miss
03-03-2013, 07:47 AM
While I understand the whole concept of wanting to be loved and accepted by everyone, for who you really are, you have to decide exactly how realistic that is. A whole lot of the world is going to think you're weird, if not mentally ill. If you're really lucky, the people who are currently your employers, your co workers, and your friends and relatives will be wonderfully accepting of you as a crossdresser.

But I wouldn't count on it. Which is why I don't post pictures of my face on anything even remotely associated with crossdressing. I don't need any more negative drama in my life than I already have.

But you decide. It's your life. If you welcome drama, go for it all and plaster your pics with you as a girl all over the net. Then, there's no turning back, and you'll probably have forced yourself to wear your 'I'm a crossdresser and proud of it' nametag everywhere you go. Which is fine. If that's what you want.

Or, you can stay somewhat in the closet and only paste your pics on forums where it's required to be a member to see them. At least, you're giving yourself a chance to stay somewhat anonymous for a while, anyway.

Best of luck with your decision.

Danielle Gee
03-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi All:

I can't speak about photos posted in he body of a post, but I have discovered an interesting fact about the "profile" photos and "Avatars".

On Google my Avatar photo will show up in a image search of my CD name. The photo may appear closer to or farther away from page 1 depending on the number of "hits"

However my Profile photo doesn't seem to appear under any circumstances.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Danielle:eek:

Deedee Skyblue
03-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Danielle, this particular forum is public, which means that google can search it, and google's search tools can 'read' a post. Your name is part of the post, as is your avatar picture, so google can display those. The profile forum is private, which means that google is not able to search it, so your profile photo should not show up on google.

Deedee

PS After reading Danielle's post, I did a google search on me, and found out something interesting and potentially disturbing. I posted a story in a tv fiction site not long ago. I just ran a search on google, and find that another web site, one I had never heard of before, has also posted my story (without my permission...) and even attached an appropriate photo to it.

I don't think I mind this - I posted so people could read - but it is personal evidence, to me and from me, that anything posted in a public place on the internet is 'fair game'. So if you are unsure about posting photos here, do not!

Deedee

Danielle Gee
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Deedee: I wrote three stories that appeared on "Crystals Storysite" about 10 years ago. One of them also appeared on another site without my permission.

Erica Marie
03-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I feel very safe on CD.com, my theory is if a friend or coworker finds you here there was a reason they were looking. I assume it means they are one of us and are in the same boat.

Lacyfem
03-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Over the years I've posted and taken off so many photos with face as have your same concern. I do not want to be outed to my family and think the likelyhood of it happening is remote but don't want to take the chance. That said I do want other cdr's to know what I look like as it's more honest to have a conversation. My wife doesn't know about this side of my life but has caught me editing my photos on the computer twice now over the years. I just couldn't close the screen fast enough so had to sit and let her look with my mind racing as to what and how I would explain. In both cases she didn't recognise me all made up, once in lingerie and another in a dress which was hers. She just thought i was playing around on the computer on the internet. Which I was. I do have photos of me online now in dateacrossdressr.com and flickr which show my face but only allow them to be seen by those who choose to chat and become a friend so I'm careful and so you should be too.

Kalista Jameson
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I just typed in Kalista Jameson in google images and my images came up first thing with link data to crossdressers.com. I'm not worried, but yeah, once you upload, there's no going back. If someone were to show me those pics, I'd look with interest and comment on what a hot chick she is and ask if she's single.

Cheers,

Kalista

Luna Nyx
03-03-2013, 11:57 AM
I feel very safe on CD.com, my theory is if a friend or coworker finds you here there was a reason they were looking. I assume it means they are one of us and are in the same boat.

i feel the same way.

Ressie
03-03-2013, 12:26 PM
My screen name isn't unique. Google turns up tons of links that have nothing to do with me. Still, I have posted my pics on several sites, and I've worried that someone will copy a photo and publish it elsewhere on the internet. In that case, someone would still have to figure out that it's me.

Paula T
03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
After my last professional makeover my best friend who knows Paula very well said that even he wouldn't recognize me if I hadn't told him. And I don't think he was bs'ing me either.

Genny B
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Working in IT and knowing how well facial recognition software is developing, I'm sure it will not be long before big brother begins using it as well as others will follow. Love to CD, love my paycheck too...

MsJanessa
03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I've posted photos here and elsewhere on the web---no mask just heavy make up with wigs, clothes etc----I've never been recognized except by those who know Me as Janessa

Stevie
03-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I like to be private and feel posting pictures is the same as going out in public. Still figuring Stevie out. Maybe one day she will be brave and show.

monika
03-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I am in the closet but still post pics online.
There is always a chance of being discovered but I am not that worried about it.
I think it would be hard to recognise me even for someone who knows me, with the wigs and all that makeup I look
very different:)

oliviall
03-04-2013, 12:34 AM
I used to worry that if I shared photos they'd somehow end up in the front page of the newspaper. Then I remembered no one reads newspapers anymore. Also I'm out to most people I know anyway. Good thing is many people who know me need things from me or owe me money so they have to be nice to me. And I've always been a little out there anyway so maybe it wasn't a surprise. So maybe my experience isn't typical :)

Sallee
03-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Slime to none. What are they doing cruising a TG web site any way? I have been on this site for years and relatively open on the web, a FB page pictures on different sites and I have never been "found out" at least no one has brought it up. I kind of keep hoping it will happen so maybe I'll meet some new old friends I know there must be a friend from both sides out there.

Celeste
03-04-2013, 04:49 AM
I was kind of worried also at first and waited about a year before posting an avatar of myself.That was about 5 years ago and things are still fine.I think a good thing to do is to just evaluate both male and female pics side by side and give them your own good thorough going over.Look deeply to see if someone could make you or not.I did this and was able to come to the conclusion that I looked different enough not to worry about it anymore.

SallyS
03-04-2013, 05:10 AM
My male self looks very different to my female persona (Which I guess is the general idea?). Any side by side comparison and I think a lot of people might struggle to connect the two.

Worst case scenario, they might think it's your long lost twin sister:)

Amy Fakley
03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Once a picture leaves your computer, it is out of your control forever. It never dies, and it cannot be controlled. It exists then on thousands and thousands of hard-drives the world over Check the number of times one of your picture threads have been viewed. Your picture has been duplicated at least that many times, as browser cache files (not counting the 100 times you viewed it yourself -- guilty as charged, LOL --).

But here's the question: Do you trust everyone who has an account on this forum to that extent?

Are there possibly lurkers here who have ... other ... interests which might wind them up with court-appointed forensics experts seizing their computers? Might your picture wind up as evidence along side some seriously foul stuff?

Could your real-life circle of friends actually include other people on this board?
Could your picture be so nice that someone may appropriate it and try to pass it off as their own?

In every case, the possibility of these things is very ... extraordinarily ... low. But not impossible.
And they have all happened (though perhaps not on this specific board).

Lordy! I tried to post face pictures. It was a blast, but after the second day I just couldn't sleep at night, because all that crap. Call me a chronic worrier.
If you can live with the infinitesimal possibility that some crazy sh*t could go down, and you can live with the consequences of having to explain yourself in those situations ... rock on sista! I found that I just can't, though :-)

Lacyfem
03-12-2013, 10:44 AM
I might add for those that think someone whose not a crossdresser: "why would they be on a crossdressing sight?". I received a picture from my male male friends of a cd with no face showing but a really cute short dress and top on and the head of his penis just peaking out under the dress. This was sent by this guy friend to 20 of his friends, me being one of them and none knowing I'm a crossdresser. Chatting afterwards many of my friends thought it was very funny. My point is that anyone can go on to any crossdressing site out of curiosity and there we are in all our gurlly spendor. So I am careful but over the many years of being on sites and having my own I know I'm out there but we do have to be careful and try to use good judgement if it's your choice to remain closeted. I've always been torn by wanting others to see me all fem but still keeping it private from friends and family.

Plasibeau
03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
So here's the thing IMO. Don't post anything on the internet you are not prepared to let go of. While it's true that the chance of some one who is vanilla to our way of life is small, keep this in mind: The population of the United States is small when compared to India or China. Meaning the internet is a big place and it is feasible someone will stumble across your pictures. Or look at it this way, every time you get in your car there's a risk you'll be in an accident. Not likely, but possible. I was actually outed a while back, because pictures I posted on this forum. Made their way to over to Flikr without my knowledge. It was a before and after, so I was most certainly recognized. While it turned out to be okay and my friend was quite supportive is was still an issue I would have preferred to avoid. So just remember there's always a risk, what matters is how much risk you're willing to take.

kellycan27
03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Your pics are also posted in post offices all across the nation :heehee:

Tracii G
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I have seen my pic in a few places online but I look different enough I'm not worried about it.
I saw my pic on a web site out of the UK talking about why women are overweight and had pics of chubby/overweight women and girls.
I contacted them and asked for payment for using my name and pic with out consent.
The picture and name were removed within a few hours.

sometimes_miss
03-13-2013, 05:35 AM

Not necessarily. People aren't always as good as you want to think; there's lots of evil people out there, just looking to make other people's lives miserable. I work with someone like that; always looking for ways to screw with other people he works with, he enjoys ****ing up other people's lives, just because he can. Remember, some people just suck. Just because most of the people you know are nice, doesn't mean all of them are. Prisons exist for a very good reason.