PDA

View Full Version : St George Marathon

StephanieJ
10-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I'll be running my 15th St George Marathon in the morning. (I know I'm crazy addicted...) Had an interesting experience though when I went to pick up my number. I was checking out some compression socks at the expo and the sales associate asked me to lift my pant leg to measure my calf. I forgot that I was wearing white lace leggings under my pants and when he saw them he froze. He looked like he wanted to turn and run, but remained professional and found my size. They had black and white, but I told him I wanted pink. Well that was the last straw. He pushed the black pair into my hand and said, "just get black."

Needless to say, I didn't buy from them... Maybe the next sales associate will be more accommodating.

StephanieJ
10-05-2012, 07:30 PM
PS Wish me luck on the race....

AllieSF
10-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Good luck and I think that the pink would go much better with the white lace. Have fun, don't break a leg and win one for the Gipper.

Persephone
10-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Enjoy yourself!

After the race enjoy some great frozen yogurt at Menchies, 691 East Saint George Boulevard, or if you're really hungry head for another of my favorites, The Black Bear Diner at 1245 South Main Street.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
10-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow. That's kind of rude.

And, if you're in the mood for the best breakfast anytime, check out the Bear Paw cafe on 75 or so Main Street. Best waffles anywhere!

Good luck!

Kathi

toriwilliams
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
wow, congrats and enjoy your run and :)

Michelle_CD
10-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I have a lot of friends running that race. I am sure they wouldn't care if you were running in pink compression sleeves. They might say something if I were though.

gabe
10-06-2012, 12:08 AM
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, you will be showing your support by running in pink. Good Luck!

Persephone
10-06-2012, 12:56 AM
And, if you're in the mood for the best breakfast anytime, check out the Bear Paw cafe on 75 or so Main Street. Best waffles anywhere!

Kathi

I've never been to The Bear Paw! Will have to try it next time!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tina B.
10-06-2012, 08:05 AM
If you haven't left yet, good luck, sorry you didn't get those pink hose you wanted!
Tina B.

kristinacd55
10-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Good luck Stephanie....and give a full report tonight!! (seriously addicted runner here as well lol)

Misty_VA
10-06-2012, 04:42 PM
good luck, i'm running the Marine Corp Marathon later this month.

UNDERDRESSER
10-06-2012, 08:52 PM
I'll be running my 15th St George Marathon in the morning. (I know I'm crazy addicted...) Had an interesting experience though when I went to pick up my number. I was checking out some compression socks at the expo and the sales associate asked me to lift my pant leg to measure my calf. I forgot that I was wearing white lace leggings under my pants and when he saw them he froze. He looked like he wanted to turn and run, but remained professional and found my size. They had black and white, but I told him I wanted pink. Well that was the last straw. He pushed the black pair into my hand and said, "just get black."

Needless to say, I didn't buy from them... Maybe the next sales associate will be more accommodating.You were just teasing the poor boy, weren't you?

BLUE ORCHID
10-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Stephanie, I would buy a ticket just to see the look on his face!!