PDA

View Full Version : Fathers that love being a dad too much to magically be a woman, what would you loose?

Andrea J
10-06-2012, 09:35 AM
In previous posts in this forum some members have said if they could magically be a woman they wouldn't, because they loved being a dad too much to give it up. Now this seemed a bit strange to me as can't a mum do stereotypically dad things if she wants to? Assuming that the magical change would not result in loosing the children, (I think this was understood), then if a dad wanted to take the kids to football matches, rock climbing and talk about fast cars or whatever, then couldn’t he/she do the same as a mum?

Am I missing something? Do these people come from an area where gender role expectations are enforced much more strongly by society?

I would be interested to hear what you have to say on this topic.

Brianna612
10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
It is very simple for me. I don't want to be a woman. I love being a male and making love to a female as such. I also love wearing women's clothes. Thus I am a CDer. Has nothing to do with gender roles after all by being a CDer I am inherently bending the gender rules as put in place by others.

Tabitha Storm
10-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree with Brianna. I am a dad and have raised my daughter alone since she was 1, she is almost 18 now. I love being a Dad. I love to put on heels and dress to the 9's as well but I don't want to be a woman or a mom.

ReineD
10-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Now this seemed a bit strange to me as can't a mum do stereotypically dad things if she wants to?

Yes, she can. This is my situation with my sons because I am divorced. The issues, however, do not lie in the things that I want to and can do with my sons such as play catch, watch football games with them, or shoot the breeze over a beer. It is in their own attitudes about doing these things with a woman. THEY feel the difference between doing these things with a woman vs. a man.

Andrea J
10-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Brianna, Tabitha, thanks for your answers. So your saying you're happy being a man. Which is understandable. And it's not about the dad issue in particular. Unfortunately I read the original comments ages ago and I can't remember the exact wording, perhaps they meant the same.

Yes, she can. This is my situation with my sons because I am divorced. The issues, however, do not lie in the things that I want to and can do with my sons such as play catch, watch football games with them, or shoot the breeze over a beer. It is in their own attitudes about doing these things with a woman. THEY feel the difference between doing these things with a woman vs. a man.

Ahhh, I guess I can see that. But it does make me a bit indigent. I also guess children growing up may me be more sensitive to these things. Do you think it's innate or have they picked it up form their peers? Do you think that they are effected by a female personality? (I don't know your personality if course!) But I mean would they be okay with a butch lesbian?

Stephanie47
10-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm with Brianna and others on this. I do not want to be a woman. I have enjoyed my kids. If I were not a man, I certainly would want to be a woman rather than someone's pet dog. And, further, if I were to be a woman I would want to be the mother of my children. Then, my wife could be my husband, and, I would have to deal with a cross dresser.

AllieSF
10-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone can be a parent. Kids need good parents. A child raised only by a male or one raised only by a female can turn out perfect if the single parent does a good job. A child will only start noticing the lack of the other half of the typical family parenting pair when he or she starts interfacing more with kids who have both, from one of each (M+F) or two of each (M+M or F+F).

As for a MtF crossdresser saying that they would not give up their experience or the opportunity for that experience of being the Dad, Father figure, in a family versus giving it up to be a female, I think it is based on the truly different roles and experiences each parent can get from doing that for their children and can give to their children. I think that a man successfully performing the male role as a father, playing male sports, fixing things, male bonding and all the rest, can and does get a special feeling and satisfaction that is unique to those who have the opportunity to perform those duties, married or not, male or not.