PDA

View Full Version : Went back to work = less dress time

cathie pantyhose
10-06-2012, 01:00 PM
In August, I decided to go back to work. Not out of necessity but because of boredom and professional challenges. I found something very quick based on my professional network and experience but I miss dressing every day. I'll wear pantyhose or thigh highs and panties under my clothes but I miss being able to wear dresses, bras, wigs, makeup, heels and skirts all day too. A few times I'm able to work from home and it's wonderful to dress again. There are days I have to drive up to Ft Collins, Co for meetings and that's an hour drive from Boulder. Those days I always wear my hose and panties and change in to a skirt and heels and drive home dressed from the waist down. Even been honked at by a couple of truckers :) . I'm looking forward to winter and those drives when it's darker earlier and I won't be so shy to dress fully in hair, dresses, bra and all. I'm sure there are other who have had this same frustration but I guess I wanted it off my mind. Going back to work definitely has its advantages but at the same time there are some notable down sides when you cross dress.

MsRenee
10-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I agree but with the dressing up you do have to make sacrifices in order to survive. And to enjoy both sides of dressing.
Renee

Lainie
10-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Yes, Cathie, wearing a dress to work would get in the way. We want work to be about work, not about personal style choices, especially if there are clients involved. I've worn women's pants sometimes, but they're not as much fun.

Best of luck in finding balance among all the things you want to do!

Beverley Sims
10-06-2012, 01:16 PM
The balance for me is, go to work in drab, earn money to buy more clothes.