PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Show

Jane G
10-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Hi girls, just had to tell you about a wonderful, simple thing that happened last night.

My wife and I were sitting watching TV, when the doorbell rang. My wife answered it and came back into the lounge carrying a Next bag. She had been into town a few days earlier and seen another woman wearing a lovely skirt and had to have one. As there were none, in her size, in store, she had ordered it mail order.

Knowing she would like too, I suggested that she put it on and show it off. My wife then disappeared upstairs to change. Some minutes later she reappeared in her new skirt. A lovely fawn coloured, chequered pattern, cut just above the knee. When she had done a few twirls and swishes, she turned to me and said proudly. It's official I'm a 14 again, so I no longer fit some of my old, dresses, the're laid out on the bed perhaps you would like some of them.

Well I gave her a big hug and headed straight up stairs. I choose two dresses and a lovely pencil skirt, with huge buttons down the side. We then spent the rest of the evening just trying on clothes a doing girly stuff. Sometimes a knock at the door can really brighten up your day.:daydreaming:

kartneyann
10-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Sounds fun, my SO and I had a show the other night when I showed her all the clothes ive been hidding for over 5 years. She was happy because we wear the same size and she liked most of them. Anyway while going through them she was trying them on and wanting to see me in certain ones, made a fun night.

Beverley Sims
10-07-2012, 04:53 AM
I have regular fashion show when my wardrobe needs purging.
Usually change of size and style.
Some old retro stuff finds it's way back into the wardrobe.
Not much purging goes on, just another plastic bag full of memories for the attic.

Tina B.
10-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Last winter I started pulling old bags of clothes out of the attic, spent days trying things on to see what I could wear, after losing some weight, The wife and I both did, then we sold what ever we figured was out of date, or so small neither of us would ever get into again, and made a couple hundred dollars, and made a lot of room under the bed and in the back of closets and the attic. The ladies at the sale where amazed at how large the collection was, and all most of it womans clothing with just a hint of male clothes thrown in, they must have thought my wife was a very stylish fashionesta, at one time, so many different styles, and so many different sizes.
And most of it looked so different from what she wears now.
Even the ones that have known her for a long time have never seen her in a dress or a skirt, yet there where many on sale that day. Passed off some of it as being daughter in laws, and hand me downs that she didn't even like. It was a fun couple of weeks pulling it all out and remembering the good old days, when it fit, and I looked good in it. I also increased by wardrobe in pants and tops that she can't wear but I still can.

Tina B.

mywifesdaisy
10-07-2012, 10:10 AM
i wish that i had a wardrobe big enough to do a show lol sounds extremely fun maybe someday

~Joanne~
10-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a fabulous night in :) I don't have a lot myself but it seems as if my collection is growing by leaps and bounds right now:) I'm not expecting a ring at the door bell anytime soon ;)

Mistybtm
10-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow so awesome to have A wife like yours I am green with envy.

Stephanie47
10-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a wardrobe that is large enough for a fashion show; 84 dresses. I wish my wife would be my audience, but, it isn't gong to happen. Sigh!

i wish that i had a wardrobe big enough to do a show lol sounds extremely fun maybe someday

Confetti
10-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Yaay how nice, more inspiration I share your stories with my dear married friends who have limited support how it could be if they had SO who were accepting. Sounds like a blast the best time being in !

BLUE ORCHID
10-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Jane that's just so awesome you are one of the lucky ones for sure.

Jane G
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Wow so awesome to have A wife like yours I am green with envy.

She is rather wonderfull.:daydreaming:

It took 30 years for her to except Jane though. It's only since the kids have had there own lives that we have had time to sort out our own. Isn't life strange.:heehee: