PDA

View Full Version : Bare essentials needed?

EddieMaiden
10-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Hello good people

I could write a whole long background story and analysis as to why, but I'll just cut it short and keep it simple:

If I'd like to try and look like a woman, what are the bare essentials needed? I really have no idea. I'm more or less a "regular" bloke and I can't really say that I have a need, want or longing to be a woman in any way. I'm not particularly effeminate either. I ride and customize my motorcycle and I work in corporate security.

In any case, I seem to have a curiosity to see if I could "pull off" being a woman (at home). And when I take up a challenge, I always want to do a good job, so I need your help here.

I figure I will need a wig - this one I think I can handle myself.
Also, I guess makeup is a good idea - here I'm totally lost. I know what lipstick and nailpolish is, but the rest is totally unknown territory to me...
Clothing - not a problem...I think...
Shoes - I would need something feminine, but not necessarily heels as I'm quite tall already as it is. Where do you get size 42 ballerinas anyway??

Anyting else?

EDIT: oh, yeah...I actually have a corset too from my goth days. I guess that will help if I lace it and clinch it in the right places...

noeleena
10-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi,

Wether you will or can i would go to a makeup shop & ask one of the women to show you how to do makeup.what would suit you, then ask what clothes would look nice on you as to hair or wigs get them to colour your make up allso to suit the overall look .

Im a woman & dont use makeup though as in my avatar shows masculine facial features, with no hair or wig, just what you see, & yes people look at me, im not bothered,

so to pull it off , Are you thinking of going out public , The other detail have you enough clothes for a compleat outfit,
To look the part. again ask the girls or women at the shops . as i said you may not,,,,, do ask for help itll save a lot of issues,
all the best.

...noeleena...

Tina B.
10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Sorry, but from this side of the pond, it's hard to give make up advice, you "Blokes" have such different names for so much of it, including sizes, I have no idea what size shoe is in a 42, over here, that would fit a giant, by our size charts.
But remember to find a foundation, as close to your natural color as you can, and then color goes on top, such as the eyes. rouges, as we call it, seems to have gone out of style over here, but I won't give it up, in my day the face just wasn't complete with out it. Here I said it was hard to give advice, and now Ive gone and done it.
The best pieace of advice I can give, go on line to make up companies and watch videos on their products, then practice as often as you can, and have fun with it.
Tina B.

Oh, I almost forgot Welcome to the group Eddie!

Beverley Sims
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
You are starting off by asking questions in the right way.
Welcome to the forum and read more up on makeup.
Shave your face closely and get a nic smooth base. Use a liquid foundation and then a dusting of powder.
Finish off with lipstick and see what you have.
Look bad? Wash it off and start again.
Some eye shadow applied with a brush or finger on the eyelids and a little mascara on the eyelashes. Not too much.
Got it on your eyelids as well and now you have black eyes?
Wash it all off and start again.
I have only used the basics of makeup here and do not apply too much as it will look pasty.
Clothes, a top and skirt is a good start.
Bra stuffed with socks, not too many, a smaller bust can look very effective.
Try flat shoes to start and then progress to taste.
Lingerie? Whatever your preferences are. No one else should see it.
Happy experimenting, take some of those socks out of your bra and wash your face again.
Cold cream and makeup remover should go well too. :)

Ressie
10-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I can't really say that I have a need, want or longing to be a woman in any way

Why then? It takes time and effort to pull it off.

Misty52
10-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I can't give advice on make up but I have looked at a lot of "Youtube" vid, which helped alot. Again ask the saleperson about clothes..they are happy to help you (dont have to tell them it for you).

Kristi5150
10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree with Misty...there is a lot you can learn from watching YouTube. Post a photo when you get dressed up.

Kassandra56
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
If your not sure you are going to continue I would recommend a make-over as the first step, you can find a suitable place through a google search. It might appear expensive for only a few hours but you will get to fully dress, choose a wig, try on silicone boobs and have makeup applied then give everything back at the end of the session. You will learn a lot and know whether this really is something that could become part of your life. Buying everything you need just to try could be a lot more expensive.

k

bobbimo
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Welcome Eddie, I think you will find the girls here very helpful in guiding you along your path.
There are several places in the UK that will give you a change-away/transformation
look at
http://www.transformation.co.uk/en/transvestite-shops,
It there is one near you then you can save a lot of time and cash experimenting.
You can get done up right by the right people, and you can see what colors shape and sizes will do you best.
Send pics as you progress, we are a curious lot.
Bobbi

Angela Campbell
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Practice, practice, practice.....I have been learning makeup for months and I can sometimes get it to look ok in just a couple of hours. Sometimes not. It is expensive and time consuming at best. For clothes I too recommend a top and skirt and some pantyhose for starters, Wal Mart sometimes has some cheap flats (shoes) up to size 12 (size 9 mens) Add in the wig and some cheap jewelry and you have a quick start.

Size 42 shoes? You should be a skin diver those would work better than my swim fins...LOL

Pexetta
10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Shoes - I would need something feminine, but not necessarily heels as I'm quite tall already as it is. Where do you get size 42 ballerinas anyway??

That's euro size 42 right? It's only size 8, so the answer to that is basically anywhere mainstream that sells women's shoes.

http://www.transformation.co.uk/en/transvestite-shops

Absolutely not wishing to put you down, bobbimo, but Transformation... let's say their day has come and gone

http://www.angelsforum.co.uk/phpforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22342&p=336952

DebbieL
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Hello good people
I could write a whole long background story and analysis as to why, but I'll just cut it short and keep it simple:

If I'd like to try and look like a woman, what are the bare essentials needed? I really have no idea. I'm more or less a "regular" bloke and I can't really say that I have a need, want or longing to be a woman in any way. I'm not particularly effeminate either. I ride and customize my motorcycle and I work in corporate security.

In any case, I seem to have a curiosity to see if I could "pull off" being a woman (at home). And when I take up a challenge, I always want to do a good job, so I need your help here.

I figure I will need a wig - this one I think I can handle myself.
Also, I guess makeup is a good idea - here I'm totally lost. I know what lipstick and nailpolish is, but the rest is totally unknown territory to me...
Clothing - not a problem...I think...

The real question is what is your goal? If you just want a cute get-up for Halloween, that's pretty easy. Your feet are small enough that you shouldn't have much trouble getting a fit. Heels are not essential, but for a more feminine shape, it's a good idea to go with at least a 2 inch heel. Flats will leave your legs looking too masculine.
To help pick out the initial garments, measure your waist, hips, chest, arms, and torso. This will help you determine your sizes. Sizes in the USA are very different from those in Europe. When you get to the store, you can use those measurements to help you confirm that clothes will fit. Once you have your first outfit (yoga pants and loose sweater, and bra, you will be more comfortable going to the fitting room and trying things on.

For a costume, you can pick very feminine clothes, a short skirt, satin blouse, and a pair of high heel shoes. Add some dark stockings or leggings and you have a costume that lets you look like a girl. You can get a wig at a beauty supply shop, or at a costume shop. A costume wig can run about $15 to $25, depending on style. Many women love it when they see a man in a maid's costume who looks credibly pretty. It indicates that you might let her be the boss, and let her take the lead, take control. It can be lots of fun and you might meet a woman who wants to take you home and do some housework, then give you your reward.

If on the other hand, you want to be able to pass in a public way, and you need to make sure that you are accepted as a woman, because you are in security, then you should get professional help. A really good wig custom styled to your face can cost about around $100 US, but will make a huge difference. A bad wig, one that doesn't match your eyebrows, for example, can be a quick give-away. You should go to the make-up counter at a good department store - MAC makes a line for MtFs - endorsed by Rue Paul. The key is that you need a foundation that will provide total coverage of your face. I have used professional theatrical make-up such as Max Factor Pan-Stick and even Grease paint which will let me go a full day, even before I started permanent facial hair removal. A good trick to get fuller looking lips is to use a darker red lipstick then apply a frost lip gloss over it. You can use the same red lipstick as blush, then put powder over it. The girl at the make-up counter can set you up with a full set of foundation, blush, eye shadows, eye liner, masquera, lipstick and lip gloss that will make you look good. If you wear a feminine sweater and women's athletic shoes with yoga pants, you will go in looking like a man, and walk out looking like a woman. You should even bring the wig with you, and put it on for the make-up girl. This will help her pick out your best colors. Don't be surprised if you draw a crowd. A really good make-up artist at these counters LOVES it when a man comes in for a make-over. If she can make you look good, then women know that she will make them look good. The advantage of a sweater is that you don't have to have obvious breasts if you have a loose bulky sweater.

You need to decide whether you plan to remove hair from your legs. If not, don't wear skirts. You might be able to get away with leggings and a sweater dress. You might also want to wear boots instead of pumps. Don't show the toes either. If you do plan to do hair removal consider having them waxed (about $100-$120) but do it a few days in advance, and have them recommend a lotion to eliminate chicken-bumps. Shaving works well only if you have very light thin roots and you really take your time. A depilitory is also effective and leaves fewer marks, but will tend to leave your legs red and can even cause hives. Do it a few days in advance and do a follow-up every 3-5 days depending on growth. Shaving will make the hair grow back thicker and darker, so if you have dark hair on your head, don't shave.

You should also take a good look at your legs from mid-thigh to ankle. If you have obvious masculine development, from body building - then avoid showing the taught muscles. Women who show their legs regularly do yoga, dance, aerobics, and other stretching exercises to make their muscles long and well stretched, which keeps knee-caps minimized. If you have big knobby knees, don't show them. A good feminine look that conceals everything is a long skirt that sets below the knee, and some boots that cover the calf and ankle. It looks feminine, does not draw attention. It's still necessary to remove leg hair, because leg will show when you sit or kneel.

If you have to pass and don't want to be noticed, then wear women's pants. They should be snug and stretched around the thighs and a bit loose around the calf and shin. Wearing a skirt, especially a shorter skirt will get you lots of attention, mostly from men and women who are attracted, but since you won't be responding positively to hints and passes, they will instinctively start looking for faults. Teen-age girls are usually the quickest to read you, and most vocal about it. Teen-age boys will also read you quickly and be loud about it.

You should plan on getting a good bra, measure around your chest, then go for a C Size. you can fill it with pantyhose, socks, or water balloons, but don't overstuff. The cup should be firm and provide full coverage. You probably don't want to go for cleavage, so wear a camisole that covers your chest completely, then wear a lower cut top over that. It will give you a feminine appearance without exposing the lack of cleavage. You can go for department store "silicone bra" fillers that will give you a fuller look, or you can go with breast forms similar to those used by women who have had mastectomies. These can range from simple triangular forms going for $50, to high end glue-on forms that you can wear for up to a month at a time selling for over $300 and can give you very natural looking breasts, complete with cleavage.

Don't forget to remove masculine looking jewelry including rings and watches. Also, avoid male accessories such as belts. Get your ears pierced (you can let them close easily enough). If you need to wear classes, then get a pair of feminine glasses, they usually have more filigree trim, and are smaller to expose the eyebrows. The good thing about glasses is that it reduces the focus on the eyes. Some women even wear blank glasses as a fashion statement, especially when they want to filter the guys who hit on them. Jerks are less likely to go after a woman who isn't afraid to look smart. Even if you don't need glasses, keep a pair of blanks - or reading glasses - just in case you find that you are getting too much attention. This will give them something to "shoot you down" without having to look for the flaws that expose your true gender.

Anyting else?
Voice, find a piano, play middle C, in the center of the piano. If possible, you should base your pitch around that note, then raise your pitch to show your are excited or happy, and lower it to show that your are serious or very relaxed. You should be able to do this without going falsetto. Being a bit more nasal will make you less sexy, but will also keep the sound out of your chest.

EDIT: oh, yeah...I actually have a corset too from my goth days. I guess that will help if I lace it and clinch it in the right places...

Yes, the corset will help, but don't depend on it too much. It's better to get something a bit loose and blouse it out, with the corset underneath, than to assume that the corset is going to give you a figure, than end up with the corset boning and draw attention to the foundation garments.

If possible, go shopping wearing yoga pants, sweater, and your boots and your new wig and make-up, then have a professional at the store make recommendations on the skirt and sweater set. Most of the girls who work in clothing stores are fashion hounds and think of themselves as fashion consultants. They will love being able to set you up with an outfit that leaves you looking totally great and totally feminine.

This would give you a start. To be fully passable as a woman will cost anywhere from $200 to $1,000. Adding to the wardrobe by going shopping in your femme clothes is a good way to expand the wardrobe.

Be careful though, you may start really enjoying it, and like the way people treat you when your en femme.

bobbimo
10-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks Pexetta,
That's a shame, I knew several girls that loved their makeovers, Is there anyone else in the UK that provides this service?
I noticed a lot of trannie sites listed on the blog and that should help Eddie out too.

EddieMaiden
10-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow, uhm...well, first off - thanks for the reply ladies. Special thanks to Debbie for some really helpful hints, suggestions and tips.

I'm not swimming in money, but I would be lying if I say I'm short on it. I figure I could spend about $200-300 on my little project. If it doesn't work out the way I want too, I can accept the financial loss, but be grateful for having had the experience.

Size 42 is actually euro-size, as someone mentioned. Ive been looking around, and Ive found some regular ladies shows in that size. Having a small heel like Debbie mentioned, might actually be a good idea, yeah. Like I said, I'm not really the most effeminate guy on earth, so anything that automatically helps body language is a good idea.

At the current moment, this is all just out of morbid curiousity. Will I get hooked on it? Who knows...I'm keeping an open mind to it all. So as far as "going out", dressed in public, well...that's a far cry and if it ever happens, it will be something for the future. Right now I dont really see it.

I guess buying a good wig is a good start. Makeup is still really a jungle. It seems that very few places sell complete makeup kits with brushes and all. I haven't found one yet anyway.

If I feel up for it, I'll be sure to post you some pics. I guess the end result will tell :)

EDIT: sweetness...I just found a place that sells a complete makeup box INCLUDING brushes and stuff...

EddieMaiden
10-20-2012, 03:49 AM
At the moment, Im in no lack of funds, but I'm still beginning to think that this might all be costing more than it's worth, especially since I'm unsure about the end results.

So I've taken your suggestions regarding a transformation studio into consideration, but I simply cannot find one in my general area. I've been googling and searching for 2 days now without finding anything.

Preferably, it would have to be located in Denmark, Oslo (Norway), somewhere in the north of Germany or maybe thereabouts. I've seen a few places in the UK and that might work, but I'd prefer if it were closer.

I've tried looking on the net for "lists" of available services in Europe, but to no avail...any help?