PDA

View Full Version : Came out to GF, and...

Amy A
10-08-2012, 12:16 AM
She just said 'that's what makes you who you are, I've never thought of you as a bokey bloke anyway'. She asked a few questions which I did my best to answer, then we had a hug and enjoyed the rest of the day. I'm keeping everything the same, giving her time and letting her be the one to raise the subject rather than me, but I'm just so amazed at her reaction and relieved that I have finally been honest with her. :)

PS I took down my avatar in case she looks at the site, she should only see me when she's ready. That might be never, but that's fine with me.

Sheila
10-08-2012, 02:21 AM
congratulations on telling your gf .......... we have a GG only section of the site if she would like to join here, get 10 posts in and then apply to join that section of the site ........ lots and lots of experienced ladies to help answer any questions she may have :) plus we have cookies and chocolate there :D:D

Beverley Sims
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I wish you every success and I think you are handling it quite well.
One of the secrets is letting her raise the subject, dont get too carried away and take everything slowly.
Now if she sees your clothes around she should not have any reservations.

Jenniferathome
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Good for you both. Living without this secret is much better for both. But do not think that you can not open the door to conversation. She may be as reticent as you to bring it up. Moreover, she may not know where to start. It is fine to simply ask, "Do you have any questions about my crossdressing that you'd like to ask?" conversation is the key to understanding, not time alone.

Lady Slipper
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I was keeping my fingers crossed for you, I thought I would have to keep them crossed longer than this! I'm glad it went well for you both. Time and communication are the key.

Amy A
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
It's still sinking in, that I not only told her but that she reacted so well to it. I'm not counting my chickens and I realise there may be a point where she finds it more difficult but at the moment it's just great. I did say to her last thing before bed last night, 'Are you OK with everything'? To which she just said 'yup' with a smile. I told her to ask me anything she wanted whenever she wanted.

It's such a weight off though, I was feeling so guilty. She's such an amazing person, I'm feeling very lucky right now. :)

Jennifer, Beverley and Lady Slipper: thanks for replying to my threads, and for the advice here, it's much appreciated. :) And Lady Slipper, you should never keep your fingers crossed for too long as cramp can be very painful :D

Sheila: I've told her that if she needs to discuss it with anyone online I can point her in the right direction. She's quite a private person though and tends to deal with things in her own way. If I feel like she's having a hard time of it I'll steer her this way for support, but at the moment she seems perfectly happy (I'm not sure it's come as that big a shock to her in the end, she actually said 'I don't think you told me anything I didn't already now, it's just a bit more extreme than I thought'), and I don't want to keep bringing it up at the moment. Thanks so much for your reply though, it's great to know that there is such a welcoming group of people ready to help her if she needs it, even if I am slightly miffed that you lot get cookies and chocolate. I like those things too!! :D

BLUE ORCHID
10-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi Rachel, It sounds great to have an SO as a friend while you are dressed.

Alice B
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Now that's the way it should be done. Up front and with honesty. Very well done and it sounds as if she is accepting and willing to give you the freedom you need. Let us know how things advance.

Diversity
10-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi Rachel,
Good for you! It is a great relief when you open up to your GF. I know I felt a huge weight was taken off my shoulders when I told my wife. While she doesn't accept it, she does still love me and still wants to spend the rest of her life with me. We set boundaries which are mutally acceptable and I abide by them. Sure I'd like less restrictions, but nothing is more important to me than our relationship.
Removing of your avatar as a courtesy to your GF, is another sign of your caring to your GF. Such actions will only help you both become more accepting of one another. I wish you good luck in the future.
Di

Amy Milnet
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Be very careful of this I lost the love of my life by telling her the truth.