PDA

View Full Version : pantyhose at wedding

SheriM
10-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Good news for pantyhose lovers. Went to a wedding this weekend and close to half of the women wore pantyhose which included some of the younger set as well as the mature women. Most were either suntan or off black. I was happy to see pantyhose making a comeback. Temps were in the high 60's - sunny skies.

Kate Simmons
10-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Both you and all the companies that make PH it would seem Hon. ;):)

Beverley Sims
10-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Panty hose is still more popular than stockings.
How many wore pants as against dresses?

FrancineBrice
10-08-2012, 08:18 AM
That is good news for pantyhose lovers. It is the time of the year when the temperatures seem to drop and the chilled wind picks up a bit and we all would like to wear something to keep us a bit warmer below our waist. As for myself I still prefer my thigh highs with or without garter straps to hold them up. Although I do enjoy the feeling of walking around and feeling the garter straps stretch and pull as I move around.

EllenJo
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
First, Don't you just love weddings where so many lovely GG's dress to the nines. Always gives me great fashion ideas. Second, Yes the weather is cooling and the pantyhose and tights are coming out again. I do agree with you Francine about how great the garter straps feel moving when I do.

Just a great time to CD.

Love
Ellen Jo

BLUE ORCHID
10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi Sheri, That's what I like about weddings all the great looking ladies in great looking dresses and heels.

They can have my pantyhose when they tear them off my cold dead body.

Sara Jessica
10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I can't think of anything more appalling, suntan that is.

pippinfort
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
mmmmmm... tasty! Wish i was there wearing mine!

Cristi
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm betting that this time of year, pantyhose sales probably jump quite a bit (at least here in the NorthEast).

Cooler than Summer, but not cold enough to give up skirts/dresses all together. Then, in another month, pantyhose will transition into opaque tights.

Re, Wedding: I'm going to one in a few weeks and am looking forward to seeing all the women in formal wear. I'm sure I'll end up being green with envy at all the women in pretty dresses/heels/hose while I'm stuck in a suit and tie. :( I'm probably have to underdress a bit just to cope.

It is good to know I'm not alone. This is the time of year I start wearing PH almost every day for a bit of extra warmth.

Tina B.
10-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Pantyhose are safe girls, even if women give them up, someone will make them for us, we are a pretty good size market. Buy women wearing them helps keep the cost down, after all the more they sale, the cheaper it is to make them.
Tina B.

Alicew
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
The amount of moaning women do about tights/stockings makes you wonder if our community is single handedly keeping the market afloat =)

SherriePall
10-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I hope that this is a new trend among the younger women. I'm getting tired of buying pantyhose just to keep the demand up so that I can buy more. This gets expensive and I don't buy expensive pantyhose. At least the ladies in Dress Barn smile when I come in. Last week I wandered around a while and an SA said to me, without my saying anything, "The pantyhose are over there..." Seems they moved them since I was last in.

STACY B
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Back in the day ,,,When WE were younger ,,Just Remember Looking at all the Girls an Ladys with the wonderful hose on an thinking Dam if Only I could ??? Now ya can ,,But will you ? I do ,,,LOL,,,,, Weddings were my favorite ,,, An church ,,,,

BillieJoEllen
10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
This past June I went to an older couple's wedding. It was a very warm day. The bride wore a slightly below the knee white dress. No PH though. Her legs were very pale. Did not look nice at all. The one thing I did notice though was that all the women there did wear skirts or dresses. I've been to too many weddings where some of the women come in blue jeans or pants. I was glad to see some class at that wedding.

MsRenee
10-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Dont understand why the ladies these days with such pale legs do not don a pair of hose to make their legs look alot sexier. I got my girl back into wearing them when the weather turns cooler and can no longer suntan by the pool. It just completes the outfit with a sexy pair of legs.
Renee

STACY B
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Dont understand why the ladies these days with such pale legs do not don a pair of hose to make their legs look alot sexier. I got my girl back into wearing them when the weather turns cooler and can no longer suntan by the pool. It just completes the outfit with a sexy pair of legs.
Renee

Maybe it's cuz they don't get the right size ? They always complain about um ? They feel good an look good ,,An they can't saat

~Joanne~
10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I am just happy that some women understand what a formal event is and dress to the nine's because a lot don't. If women don't like wearing pantyhose that's fine, but what about some stockings of thigh highs? the #1 complaint is the crotch area being to restrictive or the legs sagging. Buy better pantyhose in the right size and that would solve a lot of problems. Formals events don't happen every day, it wouldn't kill them to look nice for them.

The thing about weddings that really bothers me the most is when did flip flops become formal wear?