PDA

View Full Version : NOW WHAT DOWN AND ? blue

Cindy J Angel
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi all have been out for over a mouth was at beach and wenting to go out trying to meet outher cd,rs but no luck just cant do this a lone need frends. Was so down that i put all my stuff up(have not through it out getting to cost to much) and even got my hair cut was veary long and looked good now it is all comeing back agen. as i know it would. but i settl dont have anty frends rollercosteing is a bitch. at first a did good but i know it is comeimg and soon i will be going out by my self wenter is seach a good time to derss love the wenter look. would love to hear from anty body. love cindy

Foxglove
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi, Cindy! I understand the need for friends. This forum is great, but it's nice to meet people in person. I met a girl recently who lives fairly close by, and it was really good. Here in Ireland we have our own little forum that is a help in meeting people. Maybe you need to explore the scene in your area and see what you can find.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Cynthia Anne
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Cindy! I can relate to how you feel! That's one reason that I spend a lot of time here! I at least fill I'm amoung friends Good luck! Hugs!

BLUE ORCHID
10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi Cindy , With out all the friends here I would sure be lonely.

Joanne f
10-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes you are right in that winter is a good time to dress into something different , more layers to chose from to keep warm but also more cost so it is a good thing that you did not throw you stuff out, maybe you will soon find a friend to go out with soon as they have a habit of turning up when you least expect it .

Beverley Sims
10-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Cindy,
Never throw your stuff away when you feel a little blue.
Things always brighten up and as situations change you will meet others with like interests.
When you do you will be presented with new challenges, friends and another way of leading your life.

Tina B.
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately, being a CD can be a lonely life, but don't they have any support groups around your area, even in my small town we do have a support group for those that need it?
Tina B.

Melissa Rose
10-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Cindy, I'm sorry you feel so alone. I think all of us have been there at one time or another, and it is a terrible feeling.

Finding and making friends takes time, effort and energy and is sometimes met with failure or disappointment. It would be wonderful if they just fell into your life, but in my experience it rarely works out that way. One good step forward is finding transgender groups in your area and becoming active in one; however, you may have to go to a nearby larger city. Try a Google search using the city name and transgender or related terms. For example, I did a quick search using "charlotte transgender" and another one using "charlotte crossdress" and found several promising looking groups. Meet up groups are also a good way to find others.

Most transgendered individuals especially cross dressers are a very closeted, non-identifiable group so you are rarely going to run into someone at Starbucks, at work or church, or most public places. You have to be and go where you can readily meet and get to know other transgendered people. As in any group, there will be ones you connect with on a friendship level and others that you do not. It can be hard especially if you are shy and can result in occasional disappointment, but that is reality. As the saying goes, you have to be a friend to have a friend.

Alicew
10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I too was under the impression i was all alone in the world with no one like me well atleast locally but just from joining up here i found out theres quite alot of local support if i want it,not ready for that step just yet still coming to terms with what it is i am and do to let others in just yet.
But its there for you when you want it all you have to do is ask, even in the middle of nowhere like where im from.

Ceri Anne
10-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Cindy, Milissa's reply was spot on. I have also met other CD's going out to Gay clubs that do drag shows. Drag Queens are not nessairly the same as CDs, but it attracts open minded people. I am straight, but have met a number of CD's and others to be friends with.

Paulette
10-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Melissa hit the nail on the head, as someone who lived in and round Sacramento for many years it wasn't until I found the River City GEMS that I was able to find friends with the same interests. BTW Melissa is one of my friends today because she too is involved in the GEMS thought this association we have many of the same friends. While I am unable to attend a lot of the functions the GEMS have when I can I am able to meet people who might have the same interest as me and then we can get together for dinner, shopping, or a show. Another girl here Rachel is also a friend who I met through the GEMS. So find a group and expand your friends and that will expand your opportunities to get out in the mainstream.

Sharon B.
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Cindy, know how you feel I get depress at times also and get to that point why I don't want to dress I just pack everything in storage boxes knowing the urge will come back two-fold.

Andrea Renea
10-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Cindy I'm from the same area as you (Hickory). I don't go out CD'ed other than to run errands in the early morning or late at night. Never had an issue, but My wife is a little uncomfortable even with doing that. She supports me and knows I'm the same person she loves dressed either way. She's scared someone will recognize me from work, etc...

neighbors have probably seen me, but have never said anything. They treat me the same way they always have. Friendly

Hang in there you'll find friends to meet with. I'll bet there's a group in the Charlotte area.