PDA

View Full Version : Emily's afternoon - Part 2

Emily Ann Brown
11-24-2005, 02:57 PM
I decided to post this in two parts because the second part may bring different reactions than the first half.

Before I put Emily back in the box I had a date with Debbie at a local park. She is a sister in a bedroom community of my city. I almost never got to meet Debbie.

She contacted me on Yahoo IM one evening about a week ago. She did not identify herself as a sister...just as someone who had seen my profile and wanted to chat. She immediately sensed that I wasn't interested in talking and blurted out "I'm not a troll !". Uncharacteristically I replied "Ten minutes to prove it !!" (normally I use the "IGNORE" feature and move on) Twenty minutes later I realized how long I had been on with her. It was another hour before I realized she dressed too.

So here I am meeting someone I have known only a week. We met in a very public parking lot and after quick hellos decided to ride with her to the park about a block away. She is even gentler and sweeter than she is online. We get to the park and decide to walk one of the sidewalks up over a footbridge and up to a sculpture garden where there are benches. Lots of foot traffic in the park. Men and women walking dogs and jogging, and lots of couples out killing time.

We have to wait to get over the bridge....a magazine is doing a photo shoot there. Debbie is worried about me being uncomfortable (she has come from work and is in drab). I told her after lunch this is child's play. We finally make it to the benches. We sit down and start our 15 minute chat, which ended up being one hour. All the couples that pass our bench wave and say HI. We finally decided to walk some more and keep the chat going. Debbie and I both had the same thought at the same moment....we took each others hands and went off on our charade. Every couple we passed smiled, and we could hardly contain the laughter inside. This is really passing !!!

We finally decided we both had to get back to our lives so she dropped me off at my vehicle, and with a hug we parted company.

I am so glad I gave Debbie a chance.

Emily Ann

Emily Ann Brown
11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Forgot the photos !

TGMarla
11-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Wow! Dinner and a date in the park. All in all, I'd say it was a very positive day. Good job.

Adrianne
11-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Wow Emily what a great day you had.

andreaboots
11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Good for you my dear friend Emily!!! You look absolutely great and I love the style! Now baby, ya gotta get those knee high boot thing going on! (tee-hee)

:rose: :thumbsup:

Phoebe Reece
11-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Emily, you've definitely started to push the envelope. You must be a stage actor at heart. Love that skirt.....

Sharon
11-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Very cool, Emily. And you look terrific also. :)