PDA

View Full Version : Curiouser and curiouser

Lorileah
10-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I have sort of debated relating my weekend story. But I have to say things get more interesting with time and so far life has been one new experience after another. I mention the following in regard to another thread of social media and meeting people.

OK, out on the town all weekend again (yawn...I know you have heard it all before and thus it isn't really exciting anymore....). But Friday night was a new experience. There is a "sister" I meet every Friday. She has been around the community for a long time and she knows a lot more people than I do so frequently she is with someone. We always talk and have a drink before she goes off to dance the night away. So it was Friday night. The three of us sitting in an area that can hold 4-5 people. I don't usually take that space when alone but there were three of us. And when the other two left there wasn't a place for me to move so there I sat all self conscious in this big old place...alone...by myself.

A gentleman was sitting next to me is single chair and asked if he could set his drink on my table. Since he had ordered food, I slid over and asked him to share the space (let me try and explain, it is sort of like an open booth that faces the piano with a table in front). He slid over and introduced himself. After a few minutes, and several checks of his cell phone and texts, he explained he was waiting for a blind date. He had "met" his date on a site designed for hookups. Never had met the man in person and was, I think, having second thoughts because his date was seemingly lost. In the meantime, we chatted. When the date showed up I slid to the far end so they could sit next to each other.

You know how you can see a disaster coming but you cannot look away? UH-huh, that's what I saw. From the moment they sat next to each other, 'each other' wasn't what they had in mind. They were both texting and looking around the bar at other people. They were even commenting to each other about how they would like to meet other patrons. They both talked to me more than they talked to each other. The original guy was fixated on a man in the corner, who did seem to be looking at him as well.

"Would you go ask that guy if he would go out with me?" he asked me. What the heck, it wasn't MY life. So I started to slide over to get up and ask the guy in the corner if he wanted to date this guy who I had just met maybe an hour ago who was on a blind date with a guy who had no sense of direction and seemed to be more interested in texting someone else. You see the train wreck coming right? He stopped me and said he was just kidding. OK...

The 'date' decided to smoke (and here is a lesson...if you smoke bad things can happen). While he was outside, Mr Original guy (you all are keeping up here right?) looked at me and said "I think I will just leave. Is it OK if I just leave? I should just leave. I don't like him, I should leave." (OK leave already...sheesh). No, I really told him to leave. He stood up and looked at the guy in the corner.

"Will you go over there after I leave and give him my card and ask if he is interested?" (I know I know...stay out of it Lori..that train is about to derail and you have front row seats). He handed me his card and left. The date returned.

"He left me didn't he?" Um...yeah "This always happens to me" (Maybe give up cigarettes or find a guy who smokes too?) Awkward sitting there with a jilted date. He stormed out and once again I was sitting in a large booth...alone. But now I had a card with some guy's name and phone number whom I had no interest in. Oh yeah, the guy in the corner. I walked over. The guy smiled as I approached.

"Um that guy who was sitting over there was wanting to know if you would like to meet him and I have his card if you are interested and he would like you to call him (breathe) if you are interested and here is his card..."

"No" I stopped. "No, I don't want to meet him" Oh Ok then, sorry, I will just slink over here and sit where I was. "But I would like to ask YOU a question."

:eek: Holy...! I mean ...No "Holy" covers it. It wasn't Mr Original he was staring at; it was the TG. I looked back at him.

"Can I ask you a personal question?" This is what I get frequently now. That exact wording. Can I ask you a personal question. OK, go ahead. "Do you like being stared at?" Well that is new anyway. Yeah I do, I put a lot of time and effort in looking like a tramp so, yes I want to be noticed. I told him I wanted to be noticed. That satisfied him. I guess he wanted to make sure he could stare at me. Do you know how hard it is to sit there and KNOW someone is now staring at you? I had to leave.

I have to admit, I do learn something often now that I am out. Friday night I learned...don't sit next to two guys on a blind date. No matter how much you like the drama.

Now as an addendum to last weeks post about attending church, some here asked if I had photos. Luckily someone else did and sent me one. I think I look a little worn but here it is

Lady Catherine
10-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Sounds like a real adventure you had youself.

Annie D
10-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Great story! I wish I had something to add but you pretty much covered the type of drama that is created on Friday nights and in what I guess to be an alternate lifestyle establishment. I love the way you wrote it like you were telling me on the sly. Are you sure all the guy in the corner wanted to do was stare at you? Okay that could have become train wreck number two.

Brenda456
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
What a night! But at least you came out it with an interesting story

DianeDeBris
10-09-2012, 07:41 PM
At last! Finally, for once, something unusual happens to Lori. Who would have guessed? <g>
Hugs! Diane

Cynthia Anne
10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Lorie I have read a lot of storys that didn't turn out right but I think this one is one where you came out looking BEAUTIFUL!

Tracii G
10-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Wow that had to be a sticky situation for you.
Glad you got home OK.2 gay guys on a bad blind date and one gawker and to be stuck right in the middle Holy Crow!!!

AllieSF
10-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Geez, I thought I had that line copyrighted, "May I ask you a personal question?". I think you had a great experience. You were an uninvolved and involved third party on the outside looking in. I love that situation, it gets my adrenalin flowing, and makes for some interesting conversations and moments where I can see both sides of a developing play. I don't know why you had to leave either. Hell, you may have had a chance to meet someone new for another different conversation and experience, assuming he wasn't already the creepy type. Anyway, I think you did just fine. Thanks for sharing.

Badtranny
10-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Lori, get the hell out of Denver and come join us in the beautiful SF Bay. I would LOVE to have drinks with you. ;-)

Beverley Sims
10-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Melissa and Lorileah, can I come too?
I like coffee and I am able to not refer to CDism or any other T. ism.
I am sure between us we could write an edition for sex and the city or the L word and make them brighter than what they are. :) :)

EllenJo
10-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Isn't it great to be paying attention when life happens. Great story!!!!

jennyc4u
10-10-2012, 08:10 AM
the lesson here? getnyour ass out on to the dance floor and let them stare

Tina B.
10-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Great story, but I prefer watching a drama like that from a safe distance. To easy to become part of the drama.
Tina B.

Lorileah
10-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Lori, get the hell out of Denver and come join us in the beautiful SF Bay. I would LOVE to have drinks with you. ;-)

I would love to be in the SF area (maybe not SF itself...too expensive but great to visit). I just need to win the lottery first. SF would never be the same. :)