PDA

View Full Version : A funny moment on a sad day.

Tina B.
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
My wife got a call yesterday, her last living uncle, is on his last days it looks like. He had lived with her family her whole life, and they are very close.
I've lost weight over the last couple of years, and found myself not owning a suit or even a sports coat, where live I just hadn't needed one. So I told her I was going out to get one today.
This morning as as she was starting off to work, she told me to get what ever I wanted, that looked good, and felt good on me, and don't worry about what it cost.
I don't know what made me do it, but I answered, No I wouldn't do that, I'd get a mans suit instead. She hit me lightly, and we shared a good laugh, first she had had since she got that call.
Tina B.

BethCD
10-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Tina, It's nice that you can joke around with her like that.

makin' it real
10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
What a sweet moment. Your story warmed my heart. Thanks for sharing.

~Rachel

angpai30
10-10-2012, 09:51 AM
a cheerful moment for your wife... Keep them coming sweetie!!

Angela

linda allen
10-10-2012, 11:02 AM
It's often said that dying is part of life and I guess it's true, we will all die someday. Your wife's uncle had a good life and that's something to celebrate. So is the ability of you and your wife to kid around with each other even in times of sadness.

It's a good story, thanks for posting it.

EllieOPKS
10-10-2012, 11:07 AM
My thoughts are with you and your wife. Close family is a treasure.

MsRenee
10-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Laughter is the best medicine . Give her a hug from me.
Renee

audreyinalbany
10-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Interestingly, mySO has become a little more lighthearted about my crossdressing lately. We've always been in DADT mode. The other day she worked and I had the day off. When she got home she asked , "Did you dress today?" "Nope, " I told her honestly. "Why not?" she asked. I couldn't come up with a good response to that.

Barbara Ella
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
The saddest moments can have the rough edges taken off with well placed humor. Sorry for the loss.

Barbara

Laura_Stephens
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
My wife got a call yesterday, her last living uncle, is on his last days it looks like. He had lived with her family her whole life, and they are very close.
I've lost weight over the last couple of years, and found myself not owning a suit or even a sports coat, where live I just hadn't needed one. So I told her I was going out to get one today.
This morning as as she was starting off to work, she told me to get what ever I wanted, that looked good, and felt good on me, and don't worry about what it cost.
I don't know what made me do it, but I answered, No I wouldn't do that, I'd get a mans suit instead. She hit me lightly, and we shared a good laugh, first she had had since she got that call.
Tina B.

Tina, you are a good person!

Tina B.
10-10-2012, 05:21 PM
After 41 years of ,marriage, and having helped each other throught the loss of a lot of family, it happens at our age, we do what we can to lighten it for the other.
But it never gets easier.
Thanks for the kind thoughts, and I'll be sure to pass them all on to her.
Tina B.

Brianna612
10-10-2012, 06:24 PM
The week my SO's mother passed away was a extremely rough week. My SO's mother ran the family's little store. She was dearly loved by the neighborhood because of her generosity. The only thing she hated when anyone did anything for her to the point that she wouldn't even open presents that people gave her. Over 500 people showed up at a candlelight visual organized by the neighborhood, Local papers and TV station were interviewing us, people were driving thru the parking lot all night long. Through all this the best moment was when we found a whole room full of unopened presents. We gathered all the grand kids and passed out the presents. By the time the last present was opened we were all laughing. She gave the gift of laughter in an otherwise difficult time.

Humor gets us through the toughest times.

Cynthia Anne
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
It's great how a little humor can brighten a not so bright moment! Best wishes to you both! Hugs!

bridget thronton
10-11-2012, 01:48 AM
My condolences and prayers for your family (good you are able to support each other)

Tina B.
10-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Brianna, so sad to hear we are not the only ones going through this, this week, give my condolences to your SO, it sounds like her mother was a very wonderful and giving person, it's always such a shame when one of the good people go. It's nice that all of those presents that she was embarrassed about being given, found a very good use. Among my family we always end a funeral back at the house telling stories about the one we lost, and spend the evening laughing about all the good times they brought us. He helps hide and cure the pain. We mourn the death, and celebrate the life!
Tina B.