PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry. They (SA"s ) know!

SherriePall
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Yes, Halloween is fast approaching and many of us are using this time to get those items we're hesitant to buy the rest of the year without revealing our crossdressing selves.
However, I contend we should not worry. They (SA's) already know!

For instance, If ...
You buy up a half dozen pairs of pantyhose in your size and almost all in the same color.

You try on shoes and don't have to wear those little ped thingies because you already are wearing knee highs, thigh highs, or pantyhose.

You dress shop and carry a little bag containing forms, pads, shoes, make-up, and a wig so that you get a better idea how the dress will fit.

You try the lipstick on in the drug store to see how it looks.

Help me out. Add your "They already knows..."

ColleenCD
10-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Sherrie,

In work retail, SA's see the same pattern of customer types continually. Rookie SA's (hopefully) are still taught to treat all customers as exactly that, customers. Like poker, our nervousness and lame reasons are our tell. When my courage is up, I have the attitude of "I Don't Care" what they think. My fears are more inside my head than in reality, and to my surprise, they treat me like...a customer. But I agree, they know.

Colleen

Megan Briana
10-10-2012, 10:59 AM
When I am out shopping in drab, I don't have that "deer caught in headlights" look so much as "I cant find what I am looking for look". I have had only one SA actually ask me if I needed help and I amazed myself by saying, "Yes, actually. You can. I am looking for "X"." She immediately jumped in and started helping me find what I was looking for. We may not have found what I was looking for, but it was nice knowing she was helping ME find something for ME. I never did tell her the item was for me, she just knew.

Megan Briana

Lorileah
10-10-2012, 11:03 AM
and all this time I thought my "tell" was the clothes. Who knew.

They do know when you hold up the dress and look around, then quickly bring it to your chest to see where the hem will hit

BLUE ORCHID
10-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi Sherrie, If the SAs' don't know all they have to do is ask and I'll tell them.

They know when they complement you that your nails look better than theirs do.

MsRenee
10-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Lol Lorileah I remember doing that once Was like now you see it now you dont .
Renee

CONSUELO
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM
You are right, they do know and mostly they don't care as long as you act modestly and politely. i once wanted a small cup size on a fairly large bra and the saleslady was very helpful. We just chatted about all sorts of things as she searched her stock and it was a really pleasant experience. We found what I wanted and so she had a sale. On another occasion I bought a half dozen new knickers at an Marks and Spencers in the UK. When I came up to the cash register, the young girl assistant said "a little knicker shopping today then?" I just smiled and said "yes, indeed" Did she know? I have no idea. Did I care? Not at all. Sales people are often not treated well by customers and they have to put up with a lot of indifference and rudeness. If you are polite and are wiling to chat a little it helps their day go by better.

Karren H
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
So your saying that my "I'm buying this bra for my wife" isn't working? I'm shocked! lol

Kathi Lake
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
So your saying that my "I'm buying this bra for my wife" isn't working?Mmmmmm, not when you ask to try it on.

:)

Kathi

Nicole Erin
10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
The SA does not care. For an SA, the only thought is "how much longer til I get to leave/go on break or lunch?"
Even if they do think about a CD buying stuff, those thoughts last maybe a minute until they are again staring at the clock and not wanting to be there. They will forget all about you before you even make it back to your car.

Karren H
10-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Mmmmmm, not when you ask to try it on.

:)

Kathi

funny but I always chose my girlfriends by what size clothes they wore.....

susan54
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Most of the places I shop already know me, but occasionally I seek out clothes in male garb. Eventually I will ask to try them on, but I have occasionally been approached by an SA who asked if she could put the clothes I had selected in a fitting room. Or just had them say "You are welcome to try anything on". I am not at all feminine as a man, and I am completely relaxed when shopping (so not at all furtive), yet they can tell - even before you hold something up to test its length. Men obviously look at clothes differently when they are buying them for themselves. And no one makes an issue of it, you just get much nicer conversations about the clothes - and of course you get to try them on. You also get suggestions about how to wear purchases and what you might wear with it. But yes, they know. Relax, live with it.

Beverley Sims
10-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I was looking for a long line bra some years ago, in drab.
I thought it might be a little tight. Her reply."Go and try it on I will help you in a minute."
I nearly fell through the floor. I still have the bra, it doesn't fit anymore. Oh! well.

Marsha Marsh
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I finally learned this a few years ago and now I us it to my advantage. Instead of wondering if they have something in my size I just ask and the SA's are almost always willing to help. The again, I am almost 50 so part of it could be the fact that I do not care about what others think near as much as I did when I was 20.
Marsha

Brianna612
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
However, I contend we should not worry. They (SA's) already know!

NO! Don't say it's so!:eek:
I've been saving up since Valentine's Day to buy 5 dresses,7 skirts, 15 tops, panties, bras, and all the shoes I can find in size 14. All this time I thought I was fooling everyone.:heehee:

So from now on I can look forward to buying something every day instead of just four days out of the year? Alright lets go!:D

Tracii G
10-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Most SA's are very helpful and have no issues with you trying things on.

I Am Paula
10-10-2012, 04:58 PM
-Stand in front of the mirror holding a dress in front of you.
-Read the care instructions.
-Walk out of the dressing room barefoot, and grab one size larger/smaller.
-Ask the SA 'will these pants make my ass look any bigger?'

Annette Todd
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
--Ask the SA 'will these pants make my ass look any bigger?'

OMG! ROFLMAO!

I had a GG appraise my butt one day. She said yep no ass; a guy! Little did she know until a couple of months later I was washing clothes and wearing my sandals with red toenails.

I need to get more into the shopping thing!

Gillian Gigs
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Colleen CD said,"Like poker, our nervousness and lame reasons are our tell. When my courage is up, I have the attitude of "I Don't Care" what they think. My fears are more inside my head than in reality, and to my surprise, they treat me like...a customer. But I agree, they know." Funny but true, when someone comes across nervous, then it puts a SA on guard as to maybe someone is shop lifting, etc. So, who cares what they think, it is not like the SA knows all of your friends and will get on the phone the minute you leave the store telling them what you bought. If you are thinking that, check under your bed for microphones, and behind pictures for a camera. LOL

Tina B.
10-10-2012, 05:53 PM
They know when your wife walks up in the middle of the isle holding a skirt up to you and Say's I think this will fit! Funny thing was the only two that was bothered by it was my wife, when realized what she had done in her excitement, thinking she had found me a great skirt, and one little white haired lady that was looking at things right across the isle from us. we where on vacation a couple hundred miles from home, so I thought it was just funny.
Tina B.

suspender
10-10-2012, 07:07 PM
If they dont already know, they do when....you stroll into a shoe shop, then starting looking at the six inch highs in drab. Slip off the runners and socks and then reveal some well manicured and polished nails as you try them on. Priceless..