PDA

View Full Version : Halloween idea posed by my wife

Michelle Crossfire
10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
As everyone knows, Halloween is coming up. My wife proposed that we go out to a local charity event on the 26th. She would dress up in a tux or a suit, and go en drab (so to speak) and i would go in a formal gown, or sweater w/long skirt, makeup, jewelry, heels, etc. So far, the only problem is finding something like that in my size that is not spaghetti straps or strapless. Finding a tux or suit for her is somewhat difficult since she is only 5"1'. The thing about all of this is she is rather short, and i am 6"0' without heels and about 6"4 in heels.

What does everyone think about this idea?

Lorileah
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
go for it. She can get a young man's tux either through rental or often at thrift stores. Spaghetti straps are hard to work with but it can be done with a strapless bra or bandini bra But you could get a nice shawl to put over your shoulders

May(be)
10-11-2012, 03:12 PM
First suggestion, as I am also 6' tall sans heels, maybe just wear shorter heels than 4".
That's beside the point. No one will judge you that night, no matter how mismatched you might seem to others. Just go have fun with it! Get an extra long gown and a small man's tux for her. I think you'll regret not taking this opportunity. Yay Halloween and extra-yay for your awesome wife!

outhiking
10-11-2012, 03:19 PM
This is sure to be a night to remember. Maybe you could do a cocktail dress instead of the formal gown or even a bridal gown/costume.

Mikaela
10-11-2012, 03:29 PM
There are children's tux's too. Kids are ring bearers and what not. Just rent it.

I'm 6'1" and have dresses that are not spaghetti or strap less. Either way, wear a cardigan or wrap or something over the shoulders if you are concerned. I don't like wearing strapless because of the fake bewbz, but some adhesive or a strapless/convertible bra should work fine.

Beverley Sims
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
It will go well on the comic side of life.
But do dress up and have a good time.
Do not bother about passing either.

~Joanne~
10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a great plan! I just read a thread about "what if your wife crossdressed" and here I come to find one where the SO has suggested it. It sounds like a fun night and like Bev said, you don't have to worry about passing or not. Yeah it may take a little shopping fun to pull it all together but it might be worth it in the end :)

aly01
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Sounds like you will have a good time no matter what. Enjoy the shopping too to find a dress.

Jenniferathome
10-11-2012, 04:53 PM
"Opposites" is a common party theme and will draw the lest suspicion, IF the theme of the is party is "opposites." If just halloween, you have to expect that many party goers will suspect there is more to your dressing. And frankly, the more convincing you look, the more suspicious you will be. Ironic.

roy m
10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
What an opportunity! You just gotta go for it! At 6 ft tall you should be 6foot6!in heels. A few years ago I went to a themed birhday party for my neighbours daughter, ended -up wearing spandex trousers, a shiny top, and 6" heels. Theyall knew me as Roy next door, nobody made the connection with me being c-d! Had a real blast, said thanks to the missus for suggesting it!

ChelseaErtel
10-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Short wife, and you being tall is perfect for a Halloween party. You can go over the top and have a blast. Go for it, 4 or 5 inch heels be damned, it will look wonderful and fit right into the event.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Alice B
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't pass up a chance like that.

Stephanie47
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Go for it. My local Goodwill stores have a lot of evening gowns/prom dresses in the Halloween costume sections. I'm six foot even and would find it difficult to find a floor length gown. You should be able to find something that fits in the bust and gathers under the bust. If it were to hit a GG of regular height just above the ankles, it should hit you mid calf. Not all prom dresses are made to be floor length. Payless should be able to hook you up with shoes. For a five foot one wife, that's a little harder. However, you may want to try the children's section for boy's suit.

Jennifer529
10-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Do it,have fun and post the pics! :)

StephanieJ
10-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Do it,have fun and post the pics! :)

I agree completely!!! LOVE the idea. Just remember the most important thing is that you share your pics with us.

Leah Lynn
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
For our first Halloween together, my late wife went as a biker and I was the biker chick. Everyone loved it. Do it; you'll be glad you did.

DeeArel
10-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Go as Sonny and Cher. Then she need not be as formal and you have all kinds of clingy options.

linda allen
10-12-2012, 06:37 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I think my wife is ready to go out with me dressed for Halloween, but I have no idea where to go. The only thing I have seen so far is an outdoor party with bands and such for $50.00 per person but it's more for younger people and heavy drinking.

RADER
10-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun, One word of caution, make sure your carriage does not turn into a Pumpkin at midnight.
Rader

Lea
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM
My wife and I did something similar. Had a great time. I agree with the other comment on posting pictures for us.

Sharon B.
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Go for it and have a great time. Wish one of my female friends would suggest that.

Jessicamarie31
10-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I say go for it. I agree with Jennifer....Pictures lol. I will be doing the same thing this Halloween except I'm single. I found a wonderful dress that fits perfectly at Simplydresses.com. As for shoes payless or online depending on your shoe size. Have fun shopping and it shouldn't be too difficult to find a tux for your wife.

cdtraveler
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
for gowns try romans or TBDress. Both are on line so you'd have to be on top of your fem sizing but both offer wonderful formal wear for very resonable pricing. gealous of you for the opp presinted. have fun!

Michelle Crossfire
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the responses. Here is an update. my wife "put together" a tuxedo outfit, for around $34.00. Even got a top hat at a Halloween store. She looks pretty good actually. We had a choice of three dresses, with the most expensive one being around $43.00 including tax. i got to model them for the wife tonight for her input and she made a choice that she thinks matches her outfit. Since i already have heels and wigs, not much more to do but practice walking in heels.

JenniferR771
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Goodwill has lots of dresses, but shop early, the good ones go fast. If you shop several thrift shops you should be able to find heels in your size also. And don't worry about the bra--where is you sense of humor? Its perfectly OK if the straps show. Find a black bra if you can. Shove a water balloon in each side, about a quart on the east and west sides would be about right. And don't worry if the duct tape shows.
A really outrageous wig would be fun, too. Got any false eyelashes? Let your wife help you shop.
Have a fun time.

Oh shucks--we were typing at the same time.

But maybe you should practice on not walking well in heels. Perhaps wear combat boots or flip flops. Paint the toes nails if you do.

Chickhe
10-15-2012, 02:36 AM
If its her idea...you have to do it.

RachelDenise
10-15-2012, 04:15 AM
Sounds like you are well on to an exciting Halloween!

kimdl93
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
sounds like fun. Don't worry about your height. Just enjoy it!

suchacutie
10-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I think the height difference will improve the Halloween effect! In fact, accentuating the gender switch and the unusualness of that switch will make your night, I think!

Have great fun!

Michelle Crossfire
10-19-2012, 06:44 AM
well, in exactly one week from today, the party shall begin and we will hopefully have fun doing it. hopefully the weather will hold out.

MsRenee
10-21-2012, 01:20 PM
The idea is hot girl go for it Its such a blast when you have a partner to experience thse times Dont forget the pics.
Renee

Lacey New
10-22-2012, 07:30 AM
I am sooo jealous! I wish my wife would provide an opening like that for me. You've got to go for it - enjoy and maybe she will let it continue past Halloween!

Kerstin
10-22-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm so jealous of you American ladies and your Halloween parties! We don't have them here in England, and even though there's nothing technically stopping anyone from holding a Halloween party it's not something that adults really do. It's seen as more of a kid's thing.

Sometimes Steffi
10-22-2012, 11:55 AM
One year my wife and I did butler and French maid, at my request, way before my wife had any idea that I was a crossdresser. I don't think it should be hard to figure out who the maid was. It was a very memorable experience, even without makeup, wig and heels, which surely would have given me away to my wife.

Among other things, I got a dollar "tip" stuffed in my bra, had a discussion the female hooker where I got my fishnet pantihose, and won the costume prize. The big problem was that they couldn't decide if I had the best male costume or the best female one.

IngeInCO
10-22-2012, 12:01 PM
"Opposites" is a common party theme and will draw the lest suspicion, IF the theme of the is party is "opposites." If just halloween, you have to expect that many party goers will suspect there is more to your dressing. And frankly, the more convincing you look, the more suspicious you will be. Ironic.

And that's why I don't dress on Halloween! Just kiddin. I haven't had a costume for Halloween since about '92 anyway

Chickhe
10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Don't worry about it! I've done it, on my own and theme with my wife and other than a lot of curiosity everyone thinks its great fun. The only thing to check is your own attitude. You are wearing costumes...not being the opposite gender, although its a great time to try your best, people will joke and make comments. Its all meant to be good fun. If questions get a little too close to home just remember its a costume and laugh about it. I have found that the better I get at looking female, the more people enjoy my costumes...just don't try to fool anyone too much, but it can be fun to keep some people guessing too. Beleive me, no one will read much in to it unless you make it in to a big deal.