PDA

View Full Version : High heels score at second hand store

JamieQ
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I went to the mall after class today to look at open toe strapped high heels and high heel boots. I found alot on sale in the various stores in the malls but almost all only went up to size 10. I need at least a 10 1/2 to 11. The chain shoes stores, the same. I said heck I have time so I will swing by the Goodwill. I found exactly what I wanted and they fit perfect! If they had been worn it must have only been once! The clerk bagged them and said, "that will be $3.18". I think Goodwill and those places can be great, but you have to spend alot of time in there and really look the stuff over. I cannot hardly wait to go to the mall probably Monday about 3:00PM dressed even if I just walk it one end to the other, probably with my tennis shoes though. Not quite ready/steady for high heels yet.:) Amanda

Confetti
10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Yaay treasure... I much rather go thrifting than buy shoes at payless. lysol in hand with rubbing alcohol.

Beverley Sims
10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes Goodwill turns up trumps sometimes.
It is the variety of stuff that gets me there on occasions.

HollyH
10-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Thrift stores are great places to find good shoes for cheap. They have a wide variety and a lot of different sizes.

JamieQ
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Wow, I just tried these out on a walk on the town square. They are a 3" open toe high heel. I thought it was going to take a long time to learn to walk in these but after few minutes and a few twists of the shoe sideways I got this. I was gone 1 1/2 hr so I know my feet will be sore, but worth it. I decided on the sq so I could see my reflection in the store front windows and I almost bumped into a guy because I was not paying attention. He said hi and I said hi and he immediately checked out my legs and shoes. (guy thing?) He probably read me on this one but so what! I got a few looks from a few women driving by in cars, but probably only because who would be walking the sq in high heels from 7-8:30 PM? So...take your time in these second hand stores. Some true treasures can pop up!:) Amanda