PDA

View Full Version : My First Thanksgiving

Julie
11-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Honestly I was dreading this day. It would be the first time in 54 years I would be spending Thanksgiving alone. But as I looked at the past Thanksgivings. I remembered it was a time for me to put on a performance. Here's Jim, a happy guy who loves being a guy. No wonder I was stressed during the holidays.

Today I cooked a little turkey and made some stove top stuffing. I wasn't totally dressed. I didn't have any makeup or a wig. But I felt comfortable during a time that I was always stressed. It was very peaceful. I was androgynous.

I didn't know why I was stressed until I started living w/o the expectations of others. I was stressed because I wanted to be me but being me meant Julie would come out. I can't separate that. And I could never let anyone know there was a Julie in my life.

Julie is the best part of me and I wanted to enjoy myself with my family. As Julie I could have to the max. As Jim I was so inhibited. This is my family and I wanted to enjoy the time I spent with them but Jim was always on guard. To them Jim was reserved or shy, maybe unsociable. How I wish I had the courage to be Julie then. And I'll bet if they knew what a great person Julie is they would have preferred her

Billijo49504
11-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Sound like you had a very peacful Thanksgiving Day, so did we! I couldn't dress til my dad left, but I was very happy with the way the day went. I cooked a great meal. My dad complamented me on the meal. And he would be by himself, if he didn't come here. And I enjoy his company. And so does my wife. As soon as he left, I had my jeans off and a jean skirt on and my boots. Got my dishes done, even though the wife said she would do them. Much to be thankful for. My health and many nice people on this forum. Happy Thanksgiving...BJ

Kathleen3359
11-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Well girls for the last three years i have spent thanksgiving alone. And it sucks
But i did cook this year and yes i went out as Kathleen into public for the first time.. So it was good day. I was tired of being all depressed and wishing i had someone to share it with.. But i know i have me and thats all that counts right now.. I made the best of it and i am happy i did.. Do what you have to do FOR YOU.. So keep your head up and be proud for who you are...

L/V Kathleen

RachelDenise
11-25-2005, 08:04 AM
Julie, I'm glad you had a quiet and peaceful Thanksgiving. You deserve it after what you've been through in the past. Hope the rest of the weekend is nice as well!

Tiffy
11-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Julie, I am glad that things were peaceful for you yesterday. Yesterday was the first thanksgiving in five years that my family did not break down in to a huge fight. It was the best turkey and turkey day in the past five that is for sure.

Kathleen, honey, I am so proud of you for going out too. I know you had a blast.

Kisses, april

TGMarla
11-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey, Julie. There's nothing like being truly comfortable in your own skin. I ought to try it sometime. :D Thanksgiving was terrific for me yesterday as well, as everyone in the whole family pitched in to make the feast, relieving my poor father-in-law (a prince among men) of the burden of doing everything himself while his wife hen-pecked him the whole time. No, instead, it was very peaceful and pleasant, with plenty for everyone.

And the @!!#%!@@! Cowboys LOST in dramatic fashion. Gotta love it!

Wendy me
11-25-2005, 09:22 AM
cool that's realy progress ....to see that you being you can bring peace and happyness way cool....

Sarahgurl371
11-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Julie, Glad to see you had a pleasant day. I cooked this year as well, Thought I would dress all day till company came, but my wife decided not to go to her families dinner. I ws glad to spend the time with her. But, something about the possiblitiy of spending just one holiday my way was so enthralling, can't help but be a little dissapointed.

gennee
11-27-2005, 05:51 PM
My first Thanksgiving as a CD was quiet one. I had my sister in law and nephews over. We ate, played games, watched football and basketball, and enjoyed each other. I wished I could have dressed but it didn't damper the day. It was a fine weekend to say the least.

Gennee:)

Sharon B.
11-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Julie,
I know what you have went through after my divorce about 13-years ago being my male self I was shy and unsocialable, still am, but whenever Sharon comes out she would like to go out and about but she is afraid of what the closest friends would have to say about her as they don't know she exists.
But she does come out, just like this evening she went out for a drive and she loves it. Just need to do something about her fingernails as the male in her likes to bite his nails.
It hasn't gotten any easier dealing with the holidays except whenever Sharon comes out, then she wants to get out and about and doesn't matter who sees her. she try's to look her best.
One of these days I am going to go on vacation as Sharon over the holidays and say the he_l with it. and enjoy myself somewhere.
Sharon B.:)

MandyTS
11-27-2005, 08:38 PM
I had an interesting tranksgiving... my uncle kept on asking me when I was getting married and my dad got mad when I talked to my uncle about Kallmann's syndrome (opening the door to other things later).

Oh well.
Mandy

BrendaChristine
11-27-2005, 08:53 PM
My first year on my own i was alone and I loved it. My family wsn't celebrating due to illness,and I not to acept any invitations and spent the entire time from Wed nite to Sunday nite as Brenda, one of the first times she appeared in all her glory. i made a full turkey dinner,which lasted about a month, and had lot's of wine, went for walks in the evening, even did a couple of drive through errands dressed. I also did some things I can't talk about here.;) I wore everything in my arsenal from jeans and flats to my best dress and heels to lounging in my jammies. I still enjoy alone time during the holidays.

MistyCD
11-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Damn Julie, you look real good for some one thats 54 !!! Is there any chance that you mistyped the age, you don't look a day over 34 girl !!!! LOL Misty