PDA

View Full Version : My wife's family

Ashley D.
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
This is something I feel I need to get off my chest and maybe some of y'all can offer some help.
Time to my transition is growing short. Not like over night but I'm changing lots of thing like my eveyday dress (women's jeans all the time growing out my hair and on like that) most my family knows I'm TG not that I'm going to transition but I don't think it will be a shock or big dill to most. But I'm ready to lose anyone that I have to.
Now my wife's family is what Inworry about her Mom(aunt that raised her) knows I CD but nothing more don't think she will have any probloms with it.
But the rest of her family I don't think they will understand and though my wife says she read I don't know that she is I hate that she my have to give up people for me. That she and I will be rejected by any one but I know it will hapen.

STACY B
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Now ya see the light ? That;s what ya gotta take it to consideration ,, That all people are not going to like it or want any part of it cuz it's different an people hate different or change ,, Don't matter that something is wrong with you ,,Just don't do it that's all ,, Just stay the same ,,Cuz you know it's a CHOICE ! Right ,, We all woke up one morning an said DAM I am going to dress up like a girl an see if I like it ,,, Yea don't matter about your inter feeling's just there's an what they want an need you to be ,,It's always better to move if ya can an just stay away . Makes life lots mo betta . Same crap with me ,,, I just try an keep away from them so I don't hurt there feelings with my big mouth . Just another hill to climb ,,What don't kill ya makes ya stronger . You gotta tear it all down an rebuild it from the grown up ,,,Just hope yur helper is still with ya at the end . Cuz this ain't no pic nic ,,, Lotta climbing left to do ,,We at the bottom !

Ashley D.
10-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Now ya see the light ? That;s what ya gotta take it to consideration ,, That all people are not going to like it or want any part of it cuz it's different an people hate different or change ,, Don't matter that something is wrong with you ,,Just don't do it that's all ,, Just stay the same ,,Cuz you know it's a CHOICE ! Right ,, We all woke up one morning an said DAM I am going to dress up like a girl an see if I like it ,,, Yea don't matter about your inter feeling's just there's an what they want an need you to be ,,It's always better to move if ya can an just stay away . Makes life lots mo betta . Same crap with me ,,, I just try an keep away from them so I don't hurt there feelings with my big mouth . Just another hill to climb ,,What don't kill ya makes ya stronger . You gotta tear it all down an rebuild it from the grown up ,,,Just hope yur helper is still with ya at the end . Cuz this ain't no pic nic ,,, Lotta climbing left to do ,,We at the bottom !

Yea like I said I'm ready to lose people. I have before it's just Kim she is the only one I can't handle losing.
Can she handle friend and family shutting her out? I don't know if she understands how painful it can be. I just have to pry she she is really redy for all this.

Bree-asaurus
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
The best you can do is be open and honest with your wife... and do what you gotta do. Your wife might be prepared for any potential fallout, or not... there's no way to tell until it's all over.

Just make sure that the two of you are on the same page before you do anything major.

Good luck!

ReneeT
10-11-2012, 10:27 PM
I hate to be negative, but you should at least prepare yourself to lose the inlaws. My wifes parents, with whom i have had a good relationship with for 25 years, dropped me like a rock. They have not communicated with me in any fashion since my wife told them about me (i wanted to be there with her when she told them but she did not want me to. I did send a very heart-felt letter). It has hurt me deeply, but i am starting to get over it. I hoe things go better for you

Kaitlyn Michele
10-11-2012, 10:52 PM
My family is from the coal regions of Pennsylvania....I was very surprised how they all supported me..

your best bet is to work on what you can control ...and stay totally honest and loving with your wife...

Try your best to not add worry to whatis already a scary situation.,,

If you thrive in your transition, some people may surprise you in a good way...

So yes, be ready for a lot of loss, but if you transition well, it can put you in the best possible place...if you assume they will all hate you, they will....if you take the high road,
they still might cause issues, but you will be able to at least know you are putting your best feet forward.

Ashley D.
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate to be negative, but you should at least prepare yourself to lose the inlaws. My wifes parents, with whom i have had a good relationship with for 25 years, dropped me like a rock. They have not communicated with me in any fashion since my wife told them about me (i wanted to be there with her when she told them but she did not want me to. I did send a very heart-felt letter). It has hurt me deeply, but i am starting to get over it. I hoe things go better for you

I'm really not worried about losing my inlaws I don't really get along with them now.
I just worry they will cut her out of there lifes. I know that will hurt her and I don't know if she's ready for that.