PDA

View Full Version : Runaway Bride 10k

StephanieJ
10-11-2012, 09:52 PM
A local bridal shop is sponsoring a 10k and "Dress Dash" where the first prize is a wedding dress. I so badly want to enter!!! I even have the perfect bridesmaid dress picked out to run in. Only problem is that if you read the fine print it says, "*Runners and teams are female only."

https://secure.getmeregistered.com/get_information.php?event_id=7017

I'm a totally closeted CD, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but do you think I could buck the system and request admission by saying that I'm trans?

VickieBonne
10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
knee jerk answer... don't do it. You probably have an advantage over the gg's. Its my belief that you would not be allowed to compete as a woman in the olympics or any organized events. Some ladies may be truly racing for their dream dress they'd never be able to afford. I don't believe this is the place to make your stand.

Ddannie
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Stephanie,
Cute promo idea by the shop but I agree with Vicki. I would run away from this :)
Danielle

StephanieJ
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Excellent advice as always. I will heed your council

Maybe I should just start a local chapter of the Hash House Harriers instead.... If you haven't heard of them, they are a "drinking club with a running problem." They sponsor an annual event called the Red Dress Run where every participant (including the men) must wear a red dress. Google it if you haven't heard of it. Looks kind of fun. Most participants look quite hokey, but there are always a few that come off looking so good, that I suspect they had prior experience. LOL.

Unfortunately, I would have to do some shopping first since my best red dress went the way of the world in a purge about three years ago. :(

UNDERDRESSER
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Excellent advice as always. I will heed your council

Maybe I should just start a local chapter of the Hash House Harriers instead.... If you haven't heard of them, they are a "drinking club with a running problem." They sponsor an annual event called the Red Dress Run where every participant (including the men) must wear a red dress. Google it if you haven't heard of it. Looks kind of fun. Most participants look quite hokey, but there are always a few that come off looking so good, that I suspect they had prior experience. LOL.

Unfortunately, I would have to do some shopping first since my best red dress went the way of the world in a purge about three years ago. :(Another good reason to become a hasher!

Beverley Sims
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
There will be other opportunities for you.
I would leave this one to the other girls.
Let one of them live their dream for a change. :)

Cheryl T
10-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Save your pennies and buy your own...let the girls have their race and make real use of the prize.

monalisa
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
You should go and support the race and get dressed up as a cheerleader but stay on the sidelines.

Carole
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
As I read the 'rules' it says " Rules: All female runners, all participants must "dress up" in a wedding related costume. Come as a bride, a cake, wear a tutu and veil - whatever your want". I see nothing there that says you have to be female, notice the 'all participants' bit............