PDA

View Full Version : I'm at the mall!

Leyna
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
First time out in a loooong time. Just hanging at the food court in my girl shorts, tee, & strappy sandals. A little makeup, but not too much. dangly earrings, but not gaudy -- trying hard not to look & feel like a drag queen. I am always astonished how little actual trips out look & feel like my worst case scenario. Lots of nods and smiles, and nothing worse than a few raised eyebrows. I enjoy being a girl. :)

Paula T
10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I was at the Mall Of America in Bloomington Mn last Tuesday. I was dressed to blend as I call it. Straight leg jeans and flats and a nice blouse. Once in a while I get a look but not very often. It really is fun to go out shopping or looking like you are shopping. I met up with another gurl and her friend and we had coffee and people watched for more than an hour. An outing like that really makes ones day.:) I actually did do some shopping after we were done with our meeting.:eek:

Beverley Sims
10-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I quite often get uneasy if I am getting too many smiles and acknowledgements.

Kate Simmons
10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Some of us need to do that initially to kind of feel like what we think a girl feels like but later on we may realize that what girls really feel like is being themselves. Somehow, guys tend to not think like that.:)

Leyna
10-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't think I follow, Kate. I've always hated that "just be yourself." Of course! Who else would I be. When I say that I "enjoy being a girl," it's b/c I get to express some part of myself that has been ignored or suppressed. I am myself when I'm my wife's husband. I am myself when I'm my kids' father. I am myself when I'm going crazy at a hockey game. I am myself in church. And I'm myself when dress up and hang out at the mall. People are too complex to be all of these different things at the same time. Different facets of personality tend to take turns in the forefront.

Oh, and I found a KILLER pair of boots. :)

Tracii G
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Its always good to be out with friends in a situation like that you can relax and have a good time.
I never worry too much about getting looked over and smiled at its just part of the territory.

Sallee
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
your right to many acknowledgements probably means you are drawing attention. Not that that is a bad thing.
If no one notice you are certainly being unnoticed.
I guess it comes down to which you would prefer. I would love to be so beautiful that everyone notice me. A tall stately gorgeous woman in gorgeous attire.
But honestly that isn't going to happen. But just a good time with minimal noticing is fine.
Enjoy your time dressed and out