PDA

View Full Version : Should i do this

Lacamas
11-24-2005, 10:48 PM
On nov 7th i was laid off from my old wastoid of a place of employement.

I have been living as gloria since that week. I even came out to the temp agency i was working thru at the time. No problems there so far.

I filed for unemployement and get a wopping $150.00 a week after the goverment steals there part.

I have gone to a done all my job searches and 2 interviews so far as gloria, both of them did not have any probs with me. I even have another interview on the 29th.

On the 22nd i got a letter from the unemployment dept saying that i needed to go to a manditory unemployment class on the 28th.

The letter was addressed to Mr or Mrs but it did have my male name in the letter.

What i am wondering should i go to that class as Gloria or the male self.
Its only 2 hrs, but i reaally dont want to go outside as my male self.

I have done the interviews as gloria and plan on contining to do it as so.
And plan on living as gloria.

But the thing i am worried about is all my documents are as the male self.
I havent done anything yet about a name change.
I just hate to deal with the govermental employee types on things like this.

Phoebe Reece
11-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Gloria, you might want to get an official state ID card that has your legal male name and address on it, but your femme photo. In Georgia (where I live) it is a very simple and quick process. See the thread at: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706
With that kind of ID, it would make it much simpler to go as Gloria to anything requiring official identification.

Lacamas
11-24-2005, 11:23 PM
That is a great idea. I just looked at the Washington state DOL site and they do have the ID's for $20.00.

Now i just hope they are going to be open this friday. My unemployment thingie is at 9am and DOL opens at 8am. Kinda a tight squeeze when they are 30min driving time from each other.

Got any other suggestions?

Jesse69
11-24-2005, 11:57 PM
That's really crazy working and interviewing in drag. I've never seen that ever happen. What type of jobs were these that they would accept a crossdressor? And wouldn't you have to use the male washroom in drag?

TGMarla
11-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Are you planning on transitioning? Have you the necessary professional councelling under your belt, or is this just a whim? It's impossible to give you any real advice based only on what you've said here. Sorry.

Lacamas
11-25-2005, 12:23 AM
"That's really crazy working and interviewing in drag"

Sorry i am not a drag racer.

I am planing on going full time.

I have talked with the local NWGA about the counselors.

The jobs i am interviewing for. Database admin and a database entry job.
Bathrooms i will deal with that at the time.

I have had severe headaches and have had a mild stroke over worrying myself about being transgenered.

For the last month i have had not 20 someodd days i have not had 1 headache whatsoever. It is wonderfull.

TGMarla
11-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Well, I've never heard that transgenderism caused headaches, but stress sure does. Perhaps it's stress-relieving to you to be en femme. If you have given this all the appropriate thought, and you feel that it's really time for you to make the leap, then I think you've really already made up your mind.

Julie York
11-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Other than tattooing 'Psycho' on my forehead.....I can't think of a better way to NOT get a job than turning up to a job interview dressed as a woman.

I look forward to hearing about the complex business of declaring you are only looking for work where you can present yourself as a woman. And the fascinating reactions of the prospective employers. And all the legal mumbo jumbo that goes with it.

Should make fascinating reading.

(And anyway, it wasn't a REAL tattoo! )

KathrynW
11-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Should make fascinating reading.
I agree...;)

susandrea
11-25-2005, 12:21 PM
"That's really crazy working and interviewing in drag"

Sorry i am not a drag racer.

I am planing on going full time.

I have talked with the local NWGA about the counselors.

The jobs i am interviewing for. Database admin and a database entry job.
Bathrooms i will deal with that at the time.

I have had severe headaches and have had a mild stroke over worrying myself about being transgenered.

For the last month i have had not 20 someodd days i have not had 1 headache whatsoever. It is wonderfull.

You've got to be positive. It does happen sometimes, but it'll be up to you.

Here are a couple links that may help (and keeping looking for more for inspiration!):

http://karenew.transg.org/officeday.htm

http://www.tgender.net/taw/cd.html

http://www.tgender.net/~mah/firstday.html

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.crossdressing/browse_thread/thread/3db20e4db36b0924/6be5e8b4e88ff64e%236be5e8b4e88ff64e?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=2&num=3

http://www.gpac.org/issues/news.html?cmd=view&archive=news&msgnum=0339

You are very brave to want to be yourself at all times. Cheers for you and I wish you the very best of luck. Try not to lose hope and give up!

Susan :thumbsup: :)

KathrynW
11-25-2005, 01:32 PM
You are very brave to want to be yourself at all times.

yes...very brave...or very...insane....:eek:

Wendy me
11-25-2005, 01:56 PM
everyday it gets more intresting around here........keep us posted how abought some pics...?????

Sharon
11-25-2005, 01:59 PM
We really do need to get a fiction forum set up here. :)

KathrynW
11-25-2005, 02:44 PM
We really do need to get a fiction forum set up here. :)
uh huh...that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking...but I didn't wanna say it...;)

HaleyPink2000
11-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Lacamas dear:

I want to wish you the best in your life ahead. Myself I'd love to dress 24/7.
But would not transition except for maybe my breast. I really don't want to give up my male parts as they have done me a great service for years. LOL.
My only consideration would be my work. But in a couple years I will retire and it won't matter anymore. Then I can dress 24/7........

Won't care who knows after that.

like I said Hun, my best wishes to you. Keep me informed on how your doing.

Haley:)

Ashley in Virginia
11-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Other than tattooing 'Psycho' on my forehead.....I can't think of a better way to NOT get a job than turning up to a job interview dressed as a woman....

I can think of a few....

Going pantsless and telling them you need to swing in the breeze for medical reasons.

Going dressed up as peter pan, "flying" into the office and saying you got kicked out of neverneverland.

Pretending to have tourettes syndrome during the course of the interview.

The first question you ask of the interviewer is "When do I get paid?, I need to get a crack fix ASAP."