PDA

View Full Version : mom not liking... but better be accepting

KittyMuffin
11-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I am an only child and live with my mom and dad. Do you think my mom may feel threatened by my open femininity? Because for the longest time she was the only woman in the household. Of course, I would think she would feel better because she'd no longer have to feel outnumbered, but I read on various sites that female spouses often feel threatened when their husbands dress up and I was wondering if this could apply with mom/son relationships if the son wants to be a daughter. I mean, if I had been born a girl from the start it never would have been an issue so I honestly don't see where the problem is.

She tells me to not close myself off to possibilities of a nice relationship with a girlfriend someday. She says that I may find someone who is actually ok with the dressing up. I say it is wishful thinking on her part. I have successfully turned myself off to those feelings. I am not homosexual, but I have supressed all sexual feelings for women. I would rather be alone than to assume the role of a male and basically admit defeat. I will not surrender to this abomination that was given unto me with no fault on my part. I am trying to be strong about this. How can I convince my mother that I really need her support and that she should stop trying to "fix" me, because I get the impression that is what she is trying to do.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Tiffy
11-25-2005, 09:28 AM
You know your mom is right. You may find a lady who loves you for who you are. They are out there. Keep you chin up love.

Kisses, april

Shelly Preston
11-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi Kitty
I think you mom is beig practical
However much you may think your right. Your mom seems to have given it some thought and is obviously aware that there are women who can accept a bf/husband dressing.
There are enough couple on this site that will testify to that.
I know tou may see it as her trying to fix you.
I know you should never say never.
Life is unpredictable
If you can tell her truthfully you dont know what will happen as you get older
then she may ease off a little. I am sure she thinks she doing whats right.
The other things is are you being overly sensitive to any comments ?
Please take time to think things through
As for the mother / son issue most women want a daughter so they are usually more accepting

Take Care

KittyMuffin
11-25-2005, 04:59 PM
I totally feel as though I am a woman. Just born in the wrong body. I don't want any relationship. I would want to have GRS someday and I think that she is afraid of it for some reason. I don't know why she is so worried. I honestly don't think this is a problem. I have openly embraced and accepted my situation. Now she has to.

Maria D
11-25-2005, 06:32 PM
She might be trying to 'fix' you because she cares, and doesn't want to see you hurting. She might also be projecting her wishes for you onto you.

One thing I will add is that I'm transitioning now, and live with my fiancee, who not only accepts me, but actively helps me. She's bought most of my female clothes, taught me about fashion, and given me the confidence to finally embrace who I am. I can't say it will definitely happen for you, but it does happen. So you may as well be at least open to the possibility, since if you close off, it will be self fulfilling and it certainly won't happen.

Take care
Maria
xxx

Sierra
11-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi Kitty. Your mom is doing the best one can hope for I think.I done hrt and the results made me come out with my serious TS feminine idenity to people around me.In time they can see your real and the shock factor dulls and acceptance may come.Give your mom hope and credit for trying to understand and its only natural to wish you a happy life...because you, I, and many other TS ones choose a path that is not for pussies .

Kim E
11-26-2005, 11:34 AM
I think it sounds like your mom is just trying to protect you from making, what she feels might be a mistake. Be thankful that she cares about you enough to be concerned. At least you and your mom seem to have an line of communication going. She may think that this is just a phase your going through. Don't be too hard on her, continue discussing it and you may win her over. Sometimes, things really worth having like acceptance, take a long time to achieve.

Kim

MandyTS
11-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Many people feel that TS and having a female sexual orientation are related (like myself), i.e. you are a girl inside and like guys. For some TS people that is not the case, and the brain sex continum leans female but orientation is strickly male. I am not sure if hormones can orientation though, it just might have a relation with it.

Your mom may or not accept you. Remember you are transistioning some day not because you want to please someone else... but please yourself. That said you must be sure you are TS before going though the ultimate steps of transistioning. Many of the steps that you take in transistion are non reversable, including the growth of breast tissue, and things like FFS and voice surgery.

Good Luck with your parents

Mandy