PDA

View Full Version : what is it about CDing and Pantyhose?

Inna
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes, what is it that every single CD friend I run into, has either pantyhose or stockings and usually those fancy printed or textured ones, mind you I live in Florida, the land of alligators, palmetto bugs(and that is a nice way of calling them), and free sauna all day long no membership required!

ColleenA
10-12-2012, 01:20 PM
There are a few things about pantyhose, Inna, that CDs like.

First, in and of itself, pantyhose has a feel that you cannot get from any article of men's clothing. For that reason, it is sexy in a feminine way.

Second, certainly if a man doesn't shave his legs, but even if a CD does and wears a skirt or dress to keep her legs bare, the skin will generally not feel as smooth as a woman's skin naturally is. So pantyhose is a way to enhance the softness (and the pretty look) of her legs.

So, similar to the joke that after work women can't wait to get home and take off their bras while CDs can't wait to get home and put on their bras, pantyhose don't hold the utilitarian function for a CD that it does for a woman.

Hope this helps explain why even in a hot and humid environment, pantyhose offers a distinct appeal to someone who isn't "forced" to wear it.

AllieSF
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Nothing! The girls that I go out with and I only wear them when the outfit requires them, and almost never during the warmer months.

Desiree2bababe
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
For me, I love the feel and how they make my legs look! I wish they would come back into fashion for real women as I find them attractive on them as well but it seems that the nude bare leg look is here to stay.

Sara Jessica
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes, in Florida, and often in here in SoCal, nylons are a non-starter.

Nothing! The girls that I go out with and I only wear them when the outfit requires them, and almost never during the warmer months.

What Allie said.

(and now putting tongue firmly in cheek...)

Might the converse be true? What is it about TS women and no pantyhose??? ;)

Wait, tongue-in-cheek might not be indicated for that one. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw one of my TS friends in nylons. Perhaps...never???

Jeez, now I'm gonna have to change my avatar!

PretzelGirl
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I am going with Allie also. The pairs I have are probably 2-3 years old. I only wear them with the appropriate outfit. It is probably the difference between those that dress strictly for the clothes and are non-fetish and those that have more reasons (getting out, middle path, etc).

linda allen
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
A couple days ago, my wife and I were shopping and walked past the panty hose display. She said "I guess next you'll be wanting to wear panty hose." I said "Well, I need something to hide my hairy legs."

End of conversation. If I'm not leaving the house, I don't need panty hose. If I do, I'll need panty hose, tights, pants, or Nair. :heehee:

Kate Simmons
10-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I think it's an entry level "requirement" Inna. Those of us who have been doing this pretty much "forever" can take 'em or leave 'em for the most part.:battingeyelashes::)

StacyChambers
10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I love wearing pantyhose but when trying to pass it's better to abstain in most circumstances thanks to today's fashion trends.

2B Natasha
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM

AMEN sister. Don't get it at all unless the outfit would look better with them. And that's only when dressing up. Which Unfortunatly doesn't happen as much as I would like. It's hard to find occasions that call for that evening dress.

MsRenee
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
I guess its just up to each to see which way you prefer to wear or not. Always prefer to wear especially after shaving . Just like the way my painted toenails look thru them.
Renee

ArleneRaquel
10-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Growing up in the 1950's hose was the way to go & I went that way and fell in love wearing stockings, pantyhose was/is the next step for this old gal.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I think it's an entry level "requirement" Inna. Those of us who have been doing this pretty much "forever" can take 'em or leave 'em for the most part.:battingeyelashes::)

Exactly it's part of the CD initiation and learning experience. Part of which requires you spend half of your gross after tax income for the first 5-10 years out of the closet purchasing hundred's of pairs that will never see the light of day, or that do not fit properly. Just in case one pair get's a run it's always nice to have at least 10 additional pairs as a back up.

Then slowly transitioning to pants or going bare legged. Some of us however are still kind of stuck in this introductory phase. In my case I've been stuck for around 30 years, although I do have hope I will eventually grow out of it. :o

Of course some CD's have it easier and are only stuck in the corset, shoe, femskin, bra, panty or breast form phase!:devil:

GeminaRenee
10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
I've detailed my thoughts on this in another thread, but...

I agree with the entry level statement. At first, hose were very exciting to me. So was lipstick, and a nightie. I could get dressed with just those three things and be very, very satisfied. Today if I did that, I'd say "Now what?" and, "Brrr. I'm cold!"

For me it was also an outgrowth of a fetish for hose in general. I wanted to wear them. I wanted to be involved with women who were wearing them. When I was 19, those things were more or less forbidden to me. And in the years since, I've indulged all of those fantasies many times over. And as such, the thrill is no longer there in the same way.

Now, I just find them utilitarian, and as others have said - they're not necessarily useful all that often. My dressing has evolved far beyond wearing hose. Thank god - I'd be mighty bored if I was doing the same thing today that I was ten years ago.

Vanessa5
10-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I have always loved a sheer pair of pantyhose. They were my first foray into this and I still love them today. And yes I do have many extras just in case of run.

Jamie Ann
10-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, what is it that every single CD friend I run into, has either pantyhose or stockings and usually those fancy printed or textured ones, mind you I live in Florida, the land of alligators, palmetto bugs(and that is a nice way of calling them), and free sauna all day long no membership required!

Well, I live in Georgia, which is only slightly cooler than Florida. I must admit that I like pantyhose, even though they are helpful in keeping me warm only a few months per year. Unless a CD is in her teens or twenties, pantyhose make big improvements in appearance. You can seem to have “perfect legs” even though you don’t! As for fancy hosiery, printed or textured, I actually prefer Hanes Silk Reflections Style 717, which are sheer, sandal toe, and designed to give a bare legged look. They look very feminine … and isn’t that what it’s all about? :)

Lorileah
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
I wore pantyhose for the first time this year when I went to church two weeks ago. Being bare legged in church sort of bugged me. Last weekend it was cold so I wore a pair with patterns and tore them. If the event calls for stockings I might wear them but just to get the "look" of the pin up. Otherwise...bare legs. Hey if I am going to take the time to shave, I am going to show

KellyJameson
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Being CD,TG or TS may change the relationship to clothes but does not have to change the appreciation only the reasons they may be appreciated.

I like heavy knit stockings and the Northwest is perfect weather and where some may regret the end of summer I look foreward to the change because of the different clothes I can now wear comfortably.

NathalieX66
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
A couple of years ago, I remember watching an episode of CSI Miami where Horatio Caine, in his Captain Kirk/Hawaii Five-O Steve McGarrett voice, stumbles across a dead body and says "she's not from Miami...women from Miami don't wear pantyhose".

For me, I'm all about being the girl. Wherever fashion goes, I go. I don't get locked into the iconic female attire (heels, hose, garters, this/that) that I see some crossdressers do. You can put electrodes on my forehead and do an EKG or cat scan or MRI on my brain and find that I don't get excited by the mere sight of women's garments. I just want to be a girl, or a woman.

Bree-asaurus
10-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not a CD, but for a TS perspective... I wear pantyhose or tights if I'm wearing a skirt or dress and want to:

A) give more color to my WHITE legs
B) if it's cute and matches the outfit
C) not feel so exposed (not used to skirts and dresses... especially ones that flow...) What if there's a big gust of wind?!? AHHH!!!

But all those reasons fail usually because it's just too dang hot here.

... and I'm just now starting to wear girlier outfits than jeans and t-shirts.

BLUE ORCHID
10-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Inna, I love the feel of support and control top hose and the way they make my legs look.
You can have my pantyhose when you tear them off my cold dead body.

Beverley Sims
10-12-2012, 06:43 PM
In places like equatorial Florida my hairless legs fit in quite nicely thank you.
A little fake tan and away I go.

Meghan
10-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Pantyhose will always be my first love. They are currently out, fashion wise, but Pippa seems to be bringing them back. The fall preview issue of Elle (which is my favorite women's magazine) seemed to have lots of ads and features with women wearing some sort of hosiery, so maybe they are coming back!

Anyway, I loved the feeling they gave me when I was younger. Everything gets held in and confined, stretchy and silky at the same time.

Are they necessary? No, especially not in Florida. Are they fun? Absolutely!

Lately I have been gravitating towards tights. What a great way to add color and or detract from the legs when I am going for a look but still get the silky feel of pantyhose. Plus, I love the way they show the legs best parts. I could go on and on....

Meghan

Joannas_fiance
10-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Ok.. I am a GG and I Love my Joanna in nylons, hold-ups, tights, garters the whole nine yards!! They're sexy and not to mention Joanna is smokin in them.. I Love the way they feel also if it matters..

Hope

Meghan
10-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Ok.. I am a GG and I Love my Joanna in nylons, hold-ups, tights, garters the whole nine yards!! They're sexy and not to mention Joanna is smokin in them.. I Love the way they feel also if it matters..

Hope

Yay! It does matter!

Also it's great to hear how supportive of Joanna you are. I bet that post just made her night :)

Meghan

cool55breeze
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
agreed - love my nylons

cathie pantyhose
10-12-2012, 07:38 PM
For me, this all started out because of pantyhose. They just felt amazing and still do. This year is the first time I bought thigh highs but I still love that nylon feeling in my back side and stomach as well as my legs. I believe my legs look good with or without and I do not have hair on my legs so it feels even better. Matted hair under pantyhose looks terrible. Something about feet in nylons too. I have several peep toe and sandal high heels and wedges and I love how my toes look too especially when I paint my nails. I find the name pantyhose rather sexy as well and would love to hear someone saying it while "playing". I would also have to change my last name and I just can't do that either.

Eddie
10-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I love pantyhose! The shine, the look and the way they feel. Support hose are my favorite. I really like having my legs encased in tight nylons. I guess it's just my thing.

Brianna612
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Here in the midwest pantyhose/fashion tights are great in the winter. I have always loved wearing them. I don't know why but they keep me warm and feel great. Just wish they would come up with a pair that would keep you cool in the summer.

sinderella
10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm not a big fan of pantyhose (too restrictive), but thigh highs and a garter belt are good anytime. I'm fully shaved but I still feel my sexiest while in heels n hose. The garter creates a nice frame and accentuates the curves.

Thera Home
10-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Yes, what is it that every single CD friend I run into, has either pantyhose or stockings and usually those fancy printed or textured ones

You were a CDer at one time,can you remember when wearing womens clothing was a pure joy? I think the fact that since we can't wear them constantly and without ridicule we fantasize about them versus women who make just part of thier mundane wardrobe.

Thera

IngeInCO
10-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm definitely in the minority on this subject. I don't like to wear hose and that; nor do I fancy girls that do either. I prefer smooth and shaven bare legs.

Kate Simmons
10-12-2012, 08:47 PM
The fact that I'm kind of an action/adventuress is what prompted me to switch to bare legs or sometimes knee socks. You can't be out in the field sometimes without getting holes and runs in the damn things all over the place(ask Lyta Trevor). Never saw Honey West with a run in her hose but she mostly wore pants anyway. So therefore, so go I. ;):battingeyelashes::)

JenniferR771
10-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I wear them because they are women's under garments. Plus they make my legs look nice, and I like the tight encased-in-nylon feel.
One more thing--indecision--so far I have only shaved half my legs; outside of my calves only. My wife is highly opposed to the whole cd idea. She has not made too many negative comments this month, lucky.

Inna

Hope

Hey, thanks for your reply, it is simply awesome when any of us hear GGs speak up, it makes it for a more complete conversation and feeling of community!

And thanks the respondents, you have reminded me the days long gone but now not forgotten, and it wasn't pantyhose as I always thought of it as cumbersome and somewhat unattractive, but nice silky stockings do make a male skin that much more appealing!

Kelli Ca
I love stockings and I love garter and stocking even more, the feel the look, just seems really sexy to me, not to mention I don't shav yet

Eddie
10-12-2012, 09:11 PM

Hope

Wow!!! Do you have an older single sister? Hope, You are awesome! Thank you for posting.

TeriAnn
10-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I wear pantyhose or thigh high stockings. I wear them day night or Sunday hot or cold. My daughter and I went out shopping today and I had a pair of pantyhose under my jeans made my ballet flats fit better. So it can be hot or cold summer or winter I wear stockings of some type all the time.

Brittany CD
10-13-2012, 01:33 AM
A lot of crossdressers wear pantyhose so they don't have to shave their legs

ReineD
10-13-2012, 02:50 AM
I went to a wedding last weekend and wore a 3/4 sleeve, silk, wrap front dress (very pretty), with ankle strap 3" pumps. It was cool outside and I wore hose. Didn't feel out of place at all. I don't wear the shiny hose, I choose the barest, nudest hose color I can find. I like them because they make the outfit feel more finished ... and they also help to hide imperfections.

I don't wear hose in the summer, with cooler cotton summer dresses or skirts.

To answer Inna's question, I always thought a CDer's love of hose was either fetish (some members seem to live for hose .. maybe it has to do with the feeling of constraint), or just an enjoyment of being able to feel them against the skin after shaving ... which I gather is a novel feeling after having had hairy legs for years. I'm guessing it's a tactile reminder of wearing a feminine item of clothing, but I gather the longer a CDer has shaved, the more ordinary it becomes.

Inna, didn't you appreciate wearing hose when you first began shaving your legs?

Lucy Long Legs
10-13-2012, 03:16 AM
The clothes that we like to wear en femme have to be as far removed from male clothing as possible. You can have short shorts and bare legs as a man, but a skirt and nylons is exclusively female. So is a bra, heels and make-up. All other garments are unisex with small detailed differences. So whenever I dress these feminine components are compulsory.

sinderella
10-13-2012, 03:56 AM
The clothes that we like to wear en femme have to be as far removed from male clothing as possible. You can have short shorts and bare legs as a man, but a skirt and nylons is exclusively female. So is a bra, heels and make-up. All other garments are unisex with small detailed differences. So whenever I dress these feminine components are compulsory.
Very well said Lucy ;)

Vickie_CDTV
10-13-2012, 04:06 AM
It is very common among most TV/CD types to have had an attraction and fascination with sheer hosiery (whether stockings and/or pantyhose) when they were young. For some of us, it never goes away (any why should it have to?)

It is hard for women to understand why TVs like hosiery, but when one thinks about one reason is because they are not men who are attracted to women (some women find things attractive on men where I, as a hetero man, cannot understand the appeal, but I believe it is sincere.) Lots of hetero men like women in hosiery, does it not stand to reason that those men who wear hose do so for the same reasons? When you think about it, hosiery can be appealing to someone on so many levels...

* They feel nice and sensual
* They improve the appearance of the wearer's legs
* They can improve the appearance of one's legs and combined with the feel can make the wearer feel sexy
* They are distinctly feminine, there is no male counterpart
* If one likes the professional look, they look professional
* If one is kinky, they can be kinky
* If one prefers women who dress in an old fashioned traditional way, they can be old fashioned
* When one wants to look elegant, they make one look even more elegant

... and on and on.

Rogina B
10-13-2012, 06:12 AM
As Reine so nicely pointed out,legwear covers flaws.Legwear also creates a certain feeling while wearing it[compression,or sometimes restriction],as well as the difference in materials it can be made up of[nylon,spandex,lycra,etc]So,we have the appearance aspect,the feeling aspect and also the femininity[for some] aspect all rolled onto our legs..Girdles are tight,and they too have these same aspects,they are also popular in the CD world.Restriction by way of compression or the feeling from different materials is a HUGE part of the fetish scene and not limited to males.Anyway,did a male decide that his Hooter girls best wear shimmery hose because he liked wearing them too???lol

Maria 60
10-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I always wear pantyhose when dressed and I shave my legs twice a year, once last week because I won't be wearing shorts until I go on holidays in the winter, and by then the hair is back and then I shave when I get back from holidays and the hair will be back by summer. Last week my wife was going through her cloths and I was trying on some dresses, I only had panties on and I tried on the dresses with no pantyhose and I had shaved my legs last week so they looked good. I have to admit It was a great feeling when I walked and feeling the material against my bare legs. But the pantyhose do make my legs look better, they cover alot of defects.

marykrissmithcd
10-13-2012, 09:31 AM
I for one love wearing pantyhose. I grew up in the 50s and 60s when women always wore nylons. I have an advantage that I live in the Washington DC area so it is not unusual to see many professional women wearing them. For instance, I'm going to the Kennedy Center tonight for a concert. While some of the younger women will have bare legs, most of the women attending concerts will be wearing pantyhose; especially since it is getting colder outside.

Lacey England
10-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Absolutely - If I'm dressing, I want to be as "girly" as I can.

~Joanne~
10-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I have loved pantyhose for so long that I forget when it all started, actually I do lol It started as pure fetish for me. My 5th grade teacher. I liked seeing her toes in them peeking out of her heels. I am not a foot person by any means, I think feet in general are ugly but a pair of hose can change that. Not to mention how great they made legs look when the light hit them in a certain way.

Then came the I wonder how they feel thing. I knew how they looked on women but the never ending nagging question was "how did they feel". After getting a pair I found out and was in love with them. Things just progressed from there. Next it was heels, then came a skirt, along with the guilt, shame and everything else that comes with it.

Now, many, many years later, the fetish side of it has diminished to a very low level. I love seeing women in them and I think they really do add a touch of class to any outfit. I hate the excuses as to why they don't like them because after wearing them for countless years, I know they are not telling the truth or they just haven't spent any money on a real pair. The thing I hate the most is when they believe that their legs are nice enough not to wear hose. I have seen very few women that can honestly say this. Is it that they are just lazy? I guess it depends on the girl.

As for me, I still wear them with almost every outfit. I find they add the finishing touch I need to bring it all together. I buy most of my outfits with them in mind. They help with the tuck also which a lot of us find important. I have tried to wear heels without hose and they just feel rough compared to wearing them with hose and to be honest there are a lot more reasons to wear hose compared to the reason not to.

ThisIsBob
10-13-2012, 10:32 AM
While I like hose, living in Texas means I mainly wear them to hide leg hair because shaving my legs is absolute murder due to the number of ingrown hairs I get. If I could shave regularly hose would definitely be a less frequent part of my wardrobe.

Misty52
10-13-2012, 10:37 AM
My Ex-wife love to see me in Pantyhose and a dress cause she said that I look better than she does. And I love wearing them with my shaved legs.

Sara Jessica
10-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Now, many, many years later, the fetish side of it has diminished to a very low level. I love seeing women in them and I think they really do add a touch of class to any outfit. I hate the excuses as to why they don't like them because after wearing them for countless years, I know they are not telling the truth or they just haven't spent any money on a real pair. The thing I hate the most is when they believe that their legs are nice enough not to wear hose. I have seen very few women that can honestly say this. Is it that they are just lazy? I guess it depends on the girl.

D'ya think we can get off of the "rip-on-natal-females-because-they-might-choose-NOT-to-wear-pantyhose" thing?

Believe it or not, most women are smarter than you think. They do know how to pick the right size. And I don't know how much one needs to spend on a real pair but as much as I hate something like L'eggs, I'm sure that there are many women out there who are just fine with that product at the relatively low price point. Women are not lazy in this area either. They have style choices which do not amount to laziness the last time I checked.

And I feel sorry for you because where I live, most women's legs are wonderfully nice enough not to wear hose...and I can honestly say this along with them.

<end/rant>

Bree-asaurus
10-13-2012, 11:44 AM
D'ya think we can get off of the "rip-on-natal-females-because-they-might-choose-NOT-to-wear-pantyhose" thing?

Believe it or not, most women are smarter than you think. They do know how to pick the right size. And I don't know how much one needs to spend on a real pair but as much as I hate something like L'eggs, I'm sure that there are many women out there who are just fine with that product at the relatively low price point. Women are not lazy in this area either. They have style choices which do not amount to laziness the last time I checked.

And I feel sorry for you because where I live, most women's legs are wonderfully nice enough not to wear hose...and I can honestly say this along with them.

<end/rant>

Thank you. It's annoying when some of the CDs here think that because THEY like something and are super into it, that everyone else should too. Just because you like something doesn't mean you know something about it that others don't... or that your opinion is better than everyone else's.

It's funny that even in minority groups that are misunderstood buy the masses, we still have people that are unable to open their mind to the possibility that others are allowed to be different.

Meghan
10-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you. It's annoying when some of the CDs here think that because THEY like something and are super into it, that everyone else should too. Just because you like something doesn't mean you know something about it that others don't... or that your opinion is better than everyone else's.

It's funny that even in minority groups that are misunderstood buy the masses, we still have people that are unable to open their mind to the possibility that others are allowed to be different.

Excellent point, but I seeing this debate go both ways. I think pantyhose are a dividing point between generations too (people in their 20's may not have seen them worn much), but the debate could easily be extended to something like lip liner or open toe shoes.

Specifically, there are a lot of firm stances on the wonderfulness of hosiery without any consideration or thought that others may feel differently.

There are also positions against said leg wear that are obstinately entrenched (how could anyone wear them in a hot climate such as Florida)!

Personally, I enjoy them, but I can understand and appreciate how people don't like them too.

My guess is the people firmly on each side, who cannot fathom life any other way, have similar positions on almost everything!

Confirmation bias can be a very powerful thing because most people aren't aware it's even happening.

Human behavior is intensely fascinating!

Meghan

skirtsuit
10-13-2012, 05:23 PM

I dunno, the women I see in Philadelphia in skirtsuits and flip-flops (no hose, of course) don't look very smart to me.

I really like reading the responses from the women that don't mind saying that they wear hosiery sometimes because they enjoy it. I think the fun that women can have with their clothes is one big reason to CD. What's more fun that wearing a brightly colored or printed dress on a beautiful day?

As a hosiery-loving fetish CD, I'm not sure what else I can add except to say that for me, pantyhose is the alpha and omega of CDing. I do find the decline in their popularity lamentable but that's probably because I have a huge fetish and notice these things. However the decline is not really any of my business as I don't have any control of what women wear. If I did I wouldn't start with the hosiery....

Best,
SS

5150 Girl
10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I love the silkieness of pantyhose, and I have some scars I would like to diminish as much as possible. But mostly, I can't stand wo wear shoes without somthing else in there as well... Be it sox or hose, I need that buffer! ;)
I'm not so adicted that i wear everday under jeans and pants though.

flwildboy
10-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I've got even a better question. For a lot of us, it started with the pantyhose. But does anyone in here believe there could be some genetics? My father, his brother, my brother, all have had a secret thing for them whether thigh high, or full pantyhose. I have either noticed, heard through conversions and stories, or my brother introducing them to me through the sock game. But, we all have a thing for them. Any similar stories?

P.S. Jocylene: Post some pics!

Eryn
10-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I have a few pair, but I tend to follow the GG norm and not wear hose unless there is a really good reason to wear it. For me, the reason would be warmth or in the very unusual case (for me) of wearing a short hemline that shows off a lot of leg.

Now, in winter I love to wear sweaterdresses with tights. The tights make me feel a bit more "covered" than I would feel in hose

Where and when I was growing up pantyhose was a rite of passage for adolescent females. They went through many pairs a month because of the quality of cheap hose and their active lifestyles. I recall reading during that time that women devoted a major portion of their clothing budget to pantyhose.

Apparently the demand for pantyhose is now at about half what it was during the middle 90s, but sales of patterned hose has increased. Those GGs are onto something! :)

ILuv2Dress
10-15-2012, 09:40 AM
I wear pantyhose occasionally but prefer stockings. I love the feel of nylon on my legs and prefer stockings with a garter belt of corset because I love the feel every time I move the garters pull on the stockings.

Acastina
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Not so much pantyhose, but hose in general. Count me in the garters group. PH won't stay up without hips and a waist; I'm not heavy, just pretty straight-sided, tall and slim. PH wants to head for my knees soon, and constantly. Plus hotter than stockings, and a run (ladder) in one leg doesn't void the pair (although I do seem to have about 20 slightly mismatched legs to choose from these days...). With a really short skirt or dress, of course, PH are the only way to go.

I also find that hose helps a lot with my varicose veins and other signs of age. Not Godzilla-grade support hose, just regular stockings, offer a mild compression that noticeably helps with swelling and discomfort.

That said, I work at keeping my legs smooth and tanned for summertime. One of CDing's Catch 22s is that all that femme wear does conceal our male physiques and features better than shorts and a sleeveless top when it's 90+ outside, but it can be stifling hot.

Mikaela
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't see what the big deal is, personally. I wear them when it's cooler. I wear them if my legs need a little help for that outfit. I wear them for smoothing the front of things as needed. I like tights if I want to wear something shorter than normal, too.

Do I like the feeling? Yeah, but in the same way that I prefer sheets that are higher thread count, not in a 'need it on my body 24/7" way. I'm not going to wear them under jeans or anything unless it's cold (I have worn leggings under my jeans on the motorcycle, but not hosiery) or to manage boy bulge, nor will I wear them to bed.

My girlfriend loves me in stay ups, but I detest the ones with backseams or cuban heels. Ugh.

I might have worn stockings once since May. Just kept my legs smooth and moisturized.

kimdl93
10-15-2012, 03:54 PM

This pretty well sums it up. As a teen, pantyhose were incredibly attractive. Once I realized that I could go farther, they went from a fetish to a garment.

~Joanne~
10-15-2012, 07:30 PM

The problem is they are choosing not to wear them when the event calls for them. Wedding, funerals, formal events, the list goes on and on where proper attire should be worn. It's disrespectful as much as any one of us in drab not wearing a tie. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but I am certainly not "ripping" on females for wearing what they like when the situation doesn't call for proper attire.

I never claimed that women were not smart. Never said that at any point nor did I imply it. Not all women are lazy either. I asked if their need not to wear pantyhose was a sign of laziness and the answer could vary from girl to girl.

The 3 reasons most women claim to not wear pantyhose is, they are restrictive in the crotch, They sag in the knees, or gather at the ankles. These are all signs that they either bought the wrong size or bought a cheap pair.

Five dollars a pair for legg's is not cheap. When I say cheap, I am talking about the dollar store 99 cents pair that a lot of women run out to buy because the event called for a pair and they didn't have a pair in their drawer.

I am sad to say, My GF is one of these women and it's more common than you like to give it credit. It also goes beyond pantyhose. My GF hasn't found a bra that fits her properly since the day we met 12 years ago. Most women, NOT ALL, don't have the time to get sized or even to try them on.

When I look around at the females in my area, wearing pajama's and slippers in the stores as every day clothes, bundled up because they are freezing yet are wearing flip flops....the question of laziness does come to mind. I am not trying to put all women in that bundle nor am I trying to dictate what anyone should or should not wear.

<end/rant>

You are in cali, I am in MI, I guess thinking about it, I feel sorry for me too lol

suit
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
old joke what does panty hose and new york have in common ?
flat bush !
and why would a CD like panty hose ?
flat bush ...yea they are reletsessly smoothing .

Bree-asaurus
10-15-2012, 07:46 PM
The problem is they are choosing not to wear them when the event calls for them. Wedding, funerals, formal events, the list goes on and on where proper attire should be worn. It's disrespectful as much as any one of us in drab not wearing a tie. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but I am certainly not "ripping" on females for wearing what they like when the situation doesn't call for proper attire.

Last I checked, there was no "YOU MUST BE WEARING PANTYHOSE TO WEDDINGS" rule. Maybe it's a rule in YOUR mind... but we don't reside in a world defined by what YOU think is appropriate.

And things change over time. If you don't like change, whatever... be sour about it... but it isn't going to stop. Times have always changed and they always will. At my wedding, people will be informed to dress comfortably.

I never claimed that women were not smart. Never said that at any point nor did I imply it. Not all women are lazy either. I asked if their need not to wear pantyhose was a sign of laziness and the answer could vary from girl to girl.

The 3 reasons most women claim to not wear pantyhose is, they are restrictive in the crotch, They sag in the knees, or gather at the ankles. These are all signs that they either bought the wrong size or bought a cheap pair.

Five dollars a pair for legg's is not cheap. When I say cheap, I am talking about the dollar store 99 cents pair that a lot of women run out to buy because the event called for a pair and they didn't have a pair in their drawer.

I am sad to say, My GF is one of these women and it's more common than you like to give it credit. It also goes beyond pantyhose. My GF hasn't found a bra that fits her properly since the day we met 12 years ago. Most women, NOT ALL, don't have the time to get sized or even to try them on.

When I look around at the females in my area, wearing pajama's and slippers in the stores as every day clothes, bundled up because they are freezing yet are wearing flip flops....the question of laziness does come to mind. I am not trying to put all women in that bundle nor am I trying to dictate what anyone should or should not wear.

You are in cali, I am in MI, I guess thinking about it, I feel sorry for me too lol

Or maybe it's too hot, or they get runs too easily, or they just don't like pantyhose just like some women don't like dresses, or some men don't like tennis shoes or shorts or whatever. It's a personal opinion and you should respect that.

How about you just chill and focus on what YOU like and what YOU are comfortable with and let other people do the same?

Nicole Erin
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM

Hope

As we know, GG's do not like to be told they need to wear hosiery for their men. But let us do it a bit differently - Joanna needs to wear hose for her woman :D

Bree-asaurus
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
As we know, GG's do not like to be told they need to wear hosiery for their men. But let us do it a bit differently - Joanna needs to wear hose for her woman :D

Hey I'd do it for my man! But he's super sweet, not an ***hole about things :P

Marleena
10-15-2012, 08:30 PM
IDK if wearing pantyhose is worth arguing over BUT just don't fart in pantyhose because I hear they expand like a hot air balloon. You might sail away or get an unsightly bulge.:D

Bree-asaurus
10-15-2012, 08:35 PM
IDK if wearing pantyhose is worth arguing over BUT just don't fart in pantyhose because I hear they expand like a hot air balloon. You might sail away or get an unsightly bulge.:D

I wonder about that with people who have a latex fetish :P

Maybe they cut back on the fiber the day before dress up :devil:

~Joanne~
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Last I checked, there was no "YOU MUST BE WEARING PANTYHOSE TO WEDDINGS" rule. Maybe it's a rule in YOUR mind... but we don't reside in a world defined by what YOU think is appropriate.

It's not a rule, it's called dressing properly for the occasion. It's not about what I think is appropriate but what is expected at certain events. A grown person going to a wedding, funeral, or formal event should know what is proper and what is not proper attire.

Let's take the wedding as example since it's the one that you decided to highlight. If the invitation says "casual wedding" then by all means come as you are but if it doesn't, then proper attire should be expected. You don't show up wearing hot pants and flip flops just because you chose to wear it.

By your own statement though, it should be ok.

And things change over time. If you don't like change, whatever... be sour about it... but it isn't going to stop. Times have always changed and they always will. At my wedding, people will be informed to dress comfortably.

I am not sour at all. Ok, maybe I am but it's because pantyhose haters keep coming into pantyhose threads and bashing those that actually do like them. Because we still like them and having our own opinions about them, or when they should be worn, we get bashed.

The OP asked what is it with CD's and pantyhose, I gave my reasons and added a bit dismay about the lack of proper dress which I guess i should have kept to myself.

At my wedding, people will be informed to dress comfortably.

KEYWORD: INFORMED

Or maybe it's too hot, or they get runs too easily, or they just don't like pantyhose just like some women don't like dresses, or some men don't like tennis shoes or shorts or whatever. It's a personal opinion and you should respect that.

I do respect that everyone has the right to wear whatever they see fit in their every day lives. I also do respect that proper attire should be worn to proper attire events unless duly noted otherwise.

This goes beyond pantyhose. There are a lot of things that people wear on both sides that shouldn't be worn at certain times but this thread is about pantyhose so it was the topic I decided to discuss.

How about you just chill and focus on what YOU like and what YOU are comfortable with and let other people do the same?

I am chilled. Your the one posting hatred because I want to discuss pantyhose in a pantyhose thread. I am sorry that my opinion differs from yours and I am not allowed to voice my opinion about proper attire vs casual attire while not the topic at hand, I added it to my response which was more about why I love pantyhose which was the topic.

I will not post to this thread again, if you would like to get the last word by all means feel free. I am sorry that I offended you, any GG's that think I may be attacking them which was not the intent, or any of the other girls here on the site.

ArleneRaquel
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I started wearing hose at age eight, I love the feel so much that I could never stop.

Bree-asaurus
10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
It's not a rule, it's called dressing properly for the occasion. It's not about what I think is appropriate but what is expected at certain events. A grown person going to a wedding, funeral, or formal event should know what is proper and what is not proper attire.

Let's take the wedding as example since it's the one that you decided to highlight. If the invitation says "casual wedding" then by all means come as you are but if it doesn't, then proper attire should be expected. You don't show up wearing hot pants and flip flops just because you chose to wear it.

By your own statement though, it should be ok.

Yes... because not wearing pantyhose means ANYTHING goes [/sarcasm]. This isn't the 1950's. Your silly argument doesn't work.

I am not sour at all. Ok, maybe I am but it's because pantyhose haters keep coming into pantyhose threads and bashing those that actually do like them. Because we still like them and having our own opinions about them, or when they should be worn, we get bashed.

The OP asked what is it with CD's and pantyhose, I gave my reasons and added a bit dismay about the lack of proper dress which I guess i should have kept to myself.

You are entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is. But it's just plain silly to expect everyone else to have the same opinion you do.

I do respect that everyone has the right to wear whatever they see fit in their every day lives. I also do respect that proper attire should be worn to proper attire events unless duly noted otherwise.

This goes beyond pantyhose. There are a lot of things that people wear on both sides that shouldn't be worn at certain times but this thread is about pantyhose so it was the topic I decided to discuss.

Obviously not. You have this antiquated idea of what people should wear, which doesn't conform to current trends.

I am chilled. Your the one posting hatred because I want to discuss pantyhose in a pantyhose thread. I am sorry that my opinion differs from yours and I am not allowed to voice my opinion about proper attire vs casual attire while not the topic at hand, I added it to my response which was more about why I love pantyhose which was the topic.

I will not post to this thread again, if you would like to get the last word by all means feel free. I am sorry that I offended you, any GG's that think I may be attacking them which was not the intent, or any of the other girls here on the site.

No hatred here. Just posting my opinion as you are posting yours. And to say you won't post in this forum because one person doesn't agree with you is just as silly as your views that everyone should conform to your views.

Stay. Post your opinion proudly. Just realize that other people are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours.

And I'm far from a pantyhose hater. I have several pairs myself. But I wear them depending on the outfit and the weather. I just disagree that there are times where pantyhose is a requirement. I also think ties shouldn't be a requirement for men.

ReineD
10-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Miss Joanne and Bree, I think the issue between you two is an age difference. Bree, the women your age just don't wear panty hose much and it's acceptable, in fact it may even look odd for a 20 or 30-something woman to wear them under most circumstances. But many women Miss Joanne's age (I'm assuming you're at least in your 60s if not older), do feel kinda naked at a wedding, if they're dressed up without hose. Also, older women like the hose to hide the leg imperfections that invariably occur as we age.

Two different generations.

Miss Joanne, I agree with you that a woman your age might look odd without hose and if your comments are limited to women in your age group, then I understand. But, if you see a younger woman not wearing them, please try to not impose your tastes on them since most everyone their age will actually believe that panty hose are too fussy.

I compare this to how my father must have felt when he saw me bring home a long-haired, unshaven boyfriend during the 1970s. He hated the look, but I thought my boyfriend was gorgeous! :D

Bree-asaurus
10-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Miss Joanne and Bree, I think the issue between you two is an age difference. Bree, the women your age just don't wear panty hose much and it's acceptable, in fact it may even look odd for a 20 or 30-something woman to wear them under most circumstances. But many women Miss Joanne's age (I'm assuming you're at least in your 60s if not older), do feel kinda naked at a wedding, if they're dressed up without hose. Also, older women like the hose to hide the leg imperfections that invariably occur as we age.

Two different generations.

Miss Joanne, I agree with you that a woman your age might look odd without hose and if your comments are limited to women in your age group, then I understand. But, if you see a younger woman not wearing them, please try to not impose your tastes on them since most everyone their age will actually believe that panty hose are too fussy.

I compare this to how my father must have felt when he saw me bring home a long-haired, unshaven boyfriend during the 1970s. He hated the look, but I thought my boyfriend was gorgeous! :D

No I totally think it's cool if that's her thing. And I'm all for people doing what they want to do. I just think people get out of line when they project their own opinions on the way things should be done on others.

For example, I'm not religious. I don't believe or not believe in god I don't know. But I totally respect other people's beliefs. I don't say other people shouldn't believe in god just because I don't. I still say grace before dinner with my dad because he believes in god, even though he knows I don't.

MaryAnn40c
10-15-2012, 11:38 PM
well living in the North we have cooler weather sooo nylons are needed to keep warm and look good.

Bree-asaurus
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM
well living in the North we have cooler weather sooo nylons are needed to keep warm and look good.

Yeah, in cooler weather I would totally be wearing tights or leggings with skirts and dresses. If not under jeans just to keep warm!

But here in Texas I rarely get to know cold. I do have nordic blood running through my veins though... if my toes aren't freezing I'm not comfortable!

Jill
10-16-2012, 06:22 AM
...but it seems that the nude bare leg look is here to stay.

I could not disagree more. Mostly that I don't think anything is here to stay, we all know how constant change is. I think it depends on fashion trends in different parts of the country. If you live in Florida, I'm sure pantyhose is miserable to wear. When I go out to bars and clubs I often see ladies who are wearing some kind of leg wear. Tights, nylons, leggings. I think it's very sexy and finishes off an outfit quite nicely.

I also disagree that pantyhose is just an entry level item. I consider myself to be a little outside of "entry level." Pantyhose is my first love as well, I'll never forget the first time I tried them on, I was in love. My legs are pale, I don't tan very well. It hides my hair stubble and makes my legs look smooth and silky. I love how they look and I love how they feel. There's nothing quite like them in the male clothing world and they just make me feel really feminine.

Darla
10-16-2012, 07:15 AM
My 2 cents - the death of legwear has been greatly exaggerated.

Here in the colder climes, as well as a central business hub, New Yorkers are busy getting their tights, nylons, leggings and stockings on. Most days during the summer business attire calls for hose, and fall is here so short casual skirts are now paired with all sorts of legwear. Some people feel this time is leaf peeping, it's more like leg peeping. I see all sorts of patterned tights and hose - feel like the legging craze the past two years have brought new acceptance to younger women for wearing hose. Really, if you're going with heels and a skirt and its a little cold, why suffer bear legs?

Maybe it's reading those People magazine runway spreads all set in Cali. If I lived there I'd go bare too. Just depends on the climate and occasion!

Sara Jessica
10-16-2012, 07:48 AM

This is where the disconnect is Joanne, when one attempts to define what is proper. Times do change and nylons are no longer seen as the final touch in making one's presentation "proper". I just hate the idea that if I CHOOSE not to wear hosiery then somehow I'm not being "proper".

For the record, I'm not a hater. Like Reine said, this is kind of a generational thing and I guess I'm right in between. Yes, I get the allure of pantyhose or nylons to our community. I came of age in the preppy 80's when the girls went out of their way to dress up just to go to school. But at the same time, I'm young enough to rock the bare leg look if the outfit calls for it. I'm far from a hosiery hater. I probably wear sheers about half the time I wear a dress or skirt, maybe even a bit more. But at the same time, I never begrudge women for CHOOSING not to wear hosiery. I truly think you were over-generalizing things which is why I reacted with my little rant.

Maybe it's reading those People magazine runway spreads all set in Cali. If I lived there I'd go bare too. Just depends on the climate and occasion!

Climate, outfit, occasion, etc...this all goes into the stylistic choices we make.

Carol P
11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi, I started wearing tights ( pantyhose) when I was a very young child.They felt and looked fantastic.They still do( many decades later).No other item of clothing looks, or feel like tights (pantyhose),they cover you in a nylon second skin.

AmyGaleRT
11-05-2012, 01:49 AM
I do love my pantyhose and tights, they feel good against my legs, freshly shaved or no. I might tend to fall more in favor of wearing them than not, but I don't consider them completely mandatory. (Tights under a dress can be a good thing in cooler weather. I did black floral tights with my LBD, cardigan, and boots for the pictures I took last week; I liked the results.)

My fiancee, however, won't touch 'em. For wear with dressier shoes, I've ordered her some lace-frilled anklet socks, which, for all I know, might look cute on me, too! :)

- Amy