PDA

View Full Version : I found a defect on my face... Real women have puffy cheeks and I don't.

KittyMuffin
11-24-2005, 11:44 PM
I noticed something while seeing this week's TV guide that has a picture of a man and woman on the front. The woman's cheeks are sort of "puffed" by the mouth, while the man's face is pretty much flat with no lines. I looked at countless other magazines/internet pics/etc and I noticed a trend. How can I make my cheeks look like that? If I ever emerge as a woman and still have a manly face that wouldn't be good. I'm glad I noticed this. This isn't something a simple makeup job can fix. I will now ahve to extensively search-and-compary my body with photos of women's bodies for other defects that may have gone unnoticed. Any ideas on how to address this one?

TGMarla
11-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Gee, maybe you can get collagen treatments for your cheeks! Wow, then maybe you'd look just like Rene Zellweger!

TGMarla
11-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I think it was chestnuts, Betty. Oh, my mistake. I googled it, and rumors have it that he used Kleenex, cotton balls, etc., but no nuts.

Jerri
11-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Well I have puff to my cheeks but wish I had alittle more puff to my other cheeks :p

MarinaTwelve200
11-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Personally, I think U are a bit paranoid.:D Its understandable though.

Being an artist, I know that there is a huge "overlap" between male and female physical charactristics.---save for breasts, etc., of course.

Non artist types have a difficult time "seeing" many things unless they are specifically pointed out, and /or may focus on an indvidual aspect and blow its significance out of proportion.

My recomendation is to buy a good ART book, or two, on drawing the human face and figure. You dont HAVE to be an artist or even have an intrest in drawing, but these books point out aspects of anatomy and facial structure in a logical , quantified way---also stressing what IS and what is not important. Some also show the TYPICAL male/female differences---but remember, there IS a big overlap--especially when you look at REAL people on the street. Models in ads and magazines are chosen specifically for their ATYPICAL unusual looks, that conform to the artistic ideals more than ordinary persons.

An art booK will have diagrams, proportions etc. that are usually generic or typical, especially if it shows a variety of drawings or portraits.---In adition to the "current IDEALS" that often change from era to era. the IDEAL woman of 1900 looks very differnt from that of today or the 15th century. Base your Ideals on the real life women you see around you and NOT an ideal that even most GG's cannot acheive.

Sharon
11-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Sometimes just a smile and a touch of blush will ceate the cheeks you're looking for.

Sam-antha
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Never mind, mine are hollow too and I also have sags twixt the mout and nose and chin. No one notices enough to care. Use the time reading for something else like getting out dressed as you can. That was shocking grammer.

Love