PDA

View Full Version : Last Night was Awesome

xdressed
10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
(just a quick note for anyone that doesn't know, I'm going to the London October MCM Expo as Mana from Moi Dix Mois and I've told my house mates that I lost a bet to my girlfriend. It's going to be the first time I've properly been out dressed up)

I had the best night last night. Because my girlfriend's costume for the expo came through that morning we decided we'd both try out our costumes. I got all dressed up, dress, tights, blouse and heels, then my girlfriend and 2 of my house mates did all my hair and make up for me. Of course they laughed when I first walked out in a dress, but that's ok most would lol, it's so very different to how I normally appear to them. It was also surprising how quickly we just started acting like normal, I was dressed up for a good 5 hours and spent most of that time hanging with them

EDIT: Oh and of course they took photo's of me lol, here they are. I even posted these on facebook

cindy777
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
You look awesome, love your dress. So happy for that you and your gf that you both had a great time. :)

It is great walking around in high heels.

xdressed
10-12-2012, 06:43 PM
You look awesome, love your dress. So happy for that you and your gf that you both had a great time. :)

It is great walking around in high heels.

I need a little bit more practice in heels before I go to the London Expo (2 weeks away today lol) but it is so much fun over all. Can't wait till the actual day, when my hair's all done and the make up is even better.

Beverley Sims
10-12-2012, 06:53 PM
It is easy isn't it. When your housemates start interacting normally with you.
I would try the dress on again and say that you want to build up confidence.
As long as you don't queer them out you should be ok to take it a step further later on.
When dressed do not refer to yourself but interact as normally as you can.

xdressed
10-12-2012, 07:13 PM
It is easy isn't it. When your housemates start interacting normally with you.
I would try the dress on again and say that you want to build up confidence.
As long as you don't queer them out you should be ok to take it a step further later on.
When dressed do not refer to yourself but interact as normally as you can.

I don't know I might have the chance to when I buy the hair spray and the make up we were missing when we did this. I don't want to seem overly keen at the moment, I've known them for just over a year now and don't want to rush coming out to them.

Brianna612
10-12-2012, 07:59 PM
What a wonderful feeling of freedom GO GIRL!

Paulette
10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
It is always fun to get dressed and just be yourself, the event allowing you to get in a little extra time is fantastic.

sinderella
10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Always awesome Rihannon, its great to let the girl out isn't it? I'm happy for you sweetie, and practice in your heels as often as you can. They do become second nature in a short bit. Though it doesn't hurt to "not look so comfortable" in them at times when hanging with your mates ;)

bridget thronton
10-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Enjoy it - your friends are likely to be nice to you

xdressed
10-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Always awesome Rihannon, its great to let the girl out isn't it? I'm happy for you sweetie, and practice in your heels as often as you can. They do become second nature in a short bit. Though it doesn't hurt to "not look so comfortable" in them at times when hanging with your mates ;)

Yeah I think I exaggerated how difficult I actually found it walking in heels, but regardless I think I'll be fine when the expo comes around. Hoping to meet a couple of other crossdressers there that I've met either on dA or on here.

Tracii G
10-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Outstanding dress X I love it!!
Had to be a great night for you.

JenniferUK
10-13-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm scared........you look superb. Enjoy the expo.

J

xdressed
10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
When one of my closest friends saw the photos on facebook he called his parents in and told them I had come as a transvestite as a joke (if only he knew lol) and I bumped into them today just by chance (quite surprising as it's the first time I've been in the area for 6 weeks). Before I even had the time to suggest to them that I had lost a bet to my girlfriend about who should go in a dress to the comic con (a plausible lie but a lie nonetheless) they seemed quite accepting of the idea, which I wouldn't automatically expect. Also my girlfriends brother commented on one of the photos saying I look 'awesome' in the whole set. Always nice to be accepted even though I haven't actually come out. It makes me feel like I should just come out completely anyway, but I know that I'd have to time it much better than that and come out gradually not all at once on facebook.

Beverley Sims
10-14-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't know I might have the chance to when I buy the hair spray and the make up we were missing when we did this. I don't want to seem overly keen at the moment, I've known them for just over a year now and don't want to rush coming out to them.

Rihannon,
You definitely have the right idea. Let them make suggestions and even if you disagree, just say, "Good idea, I will try it."
This spurs their enthusiasm on and they do forget you are a boy in a dress.
It does get strange at this point in casual conversation when they relate intimate things that happen on dates with their BF's.
Then you know you are succeeding in your quest. :)