PDA

View Full Version : Why do your crossdress?

harley47
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Please describe your enjoyment (be ladylike!) and what do you seek to accomplish?For me it has always been to try to compensate for being 'typecast' the wrong gender and trying to somehow worm my way onto the Pink Team? You?

NathalieX66
10-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Because I like being on the pink team as much as I like the blue team.
I don't think I can stay on one side forever...that's just me.

ArleneRaquel
10-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I crossdress because I believe that by living as a woman I am expressing the real me, I have had the urge to live as a woman since circa 1956, now that I live the life that has always been just under the surface I feel completely fulfilled. Btw I love being a female 24/7, as often as possible.

Cynthia Anne
10-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Just as Ms Arlene said! It's the true me!

Barbara Ella
10-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I am just beginning to realize why I began crossdressing a year ago. I now know, but can do very little beyond brief moments, and they are not enough.

Barbara

Beverley Sims
10-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I dress for recreation and rest.
I have always had an affinity for female company and this mixing with women was what got me going some years ago

Krista1985
10-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Because it relaxes me and excites me all at once. And the longer I go without doing it, the more I tend to need it. I find that if I dress often enough, I can get stuff done when I am not dressed. If I don't do it often enough, it builds to the point of distracting me during times when it's not convenient to be distracted. So I guess I dress for peace of mind, and because a piece of my mind needs for me to do it.

Loni
10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
i still need a job.

but i put a on a skirt as soon as i get home.

Meghan
10-13-2012, 01:25 AM
There isn't anything I am really seeking to accomplish when I dress.

However, fashion is an art. Makeup is an art. When fashion and makeup come together it can be an explosion of art.

This is how I choose to express myself in the most artful and creative means I have at my disposal. I try to remember that no one has ever put clothing on a body quite like I am doing when I dress. My wife gets to see the best creations yet some Frankenstein monsters never make it out of the closet.

I love the process and the unknown outcomes of different combinations of clothes, shoes and makeup. I just love seeing how it turns out.

That, I suppose, is what I am trying to accomplish.

Meghan

Brittany CD
10-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Just enjoy dressing. Nothing more

aly01
10-13-2012, 01:49 AM
It relaxes me and I can get in touch with my feminine side. Plus I like the way the clothes feel against my skin.

Lucy Lou
10-13-2012, 03:12 AM
I have always enjoyed dressing as I love the way the clothes feel and the way I look. It makes me comfortable and sensual.

noeleena
10-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Hi,

Hmmm, Wrong gender , Ladylike , pink team .& ,..... type cast, i like that....

Worming my way in thats a good one , compensating, & what did i do to compensate .

Nothing really.i did not need to. strange as that may sound. being born the way i was did it for me, never had to change , just get my gear on & live my life .

Of cause being accepted by the other team was the issue i had feared the most of not being accepted, well that was groundless as i soon found out, & the other team , well they accepted i was not really one of them ,though they know i can still give as good , so all up its really an accomplishment that has worked well for myself,

...noeleena...

Mollyanne
10-13-2012, 03:51 AM
I cross dress because it gives me the chance to become a "female in training". Actually I have A L W A Y S wanted to be a girl and this gives me that opportunity to fulfill that desire. Not only do I L I K E the clothes, make-up, jewelry, perfume, hair and all the other female necessities but also the friendship. If I could, I would stop the cross dressing aspect of my life and transition to becoming the woman who lives inside me.

Molly

k lynn
10-13-2012, 05:01 AM
I have always enjoyed dressing as I love the way the clothes feel and the way I look. It makes me comfortable and sensual.

This is me also I have tried stopping many times some how I become real bitchy and I do some dumb and stupid things I dress to keep my sanity

Angela Campbell
10-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Why do I dress? Well,....... to look like a girl.

Kate Simmons
10-13-2012, 05:17 AM
It just seems like the natural thing to do.:battingeyelashes::)

ChelseaErtel
10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
To be me. I don't think I'm two different people, just a feminine side and an masculine side. I'm comfortable in both. Dressing makes me feel complete. Also I love new clothes, new looks, new makeup and you can't do that as a man.

I do have confusion sometimes and guilt. My wife does not know and would not approve, so I'm a closet basket case but happy. I do have to be sure to take care of my wife, and treasure her. I think I'm better at that by dressing, so maybe it's a bonus.

I have to be careful not to let my desire to dress overshadow other aspects in my life.

Roberta Young
10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Because I have to! Hugs Roberta

DAVIDA
10-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Why? I have no idea.:daydreaming:

Dana3
10-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Because since a young age? I've always admired, envied and loved women, feminty and all things feminine. I truly like and enjoy women, and any and all things about women. I'm envious of them, how they form friendships and relationships. I love their clothes, the mannerisms, the choices and options they have that I as a man don't and can never have.

I love the thrill, the frillioness of women clothes ~ the sometimes fussiness of it all.

I love the options that women have that men don't have. The sponetantiy of being feminine ~ the "Just because I feel like it!" or the "Just becaue I like it!"`

I like the fabrics, the smells, the odors.

I like the lace!

I like feeling girly.

Jus to name a few!

BLUE ORCHID
10-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi Harley, It's who I am & It's what I do.

EllenJo
10-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I love the feeling of the materials, the vast array of clothing that women can choose from, and the total calm that comes over me when dressed. I don't know why I started but I know it is something that I must do.

Tina B.
10-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Because, I can't find a way to quit, that doesn't mess up my head.

xdressed
10-13-2012, 07:09 AM
I think I'll die if I don't. I love the look and feel of the clothes and the freedom I have to change myself that you don't get in male mode, and I just like being generally girly. I also like heavy drinking and heavy metal, I just like the duality of it I think

Kelley
10-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I believe that gender identity run along a spectrum from very feminin to masculin and our gender identity falls somewhere along that spectrum. If you are male society says you must live in the far male end of the male side. If you are female you can pretty much slide anywhere along that spectrum you like. My gender bias put me somewhere a little less masculin so I dress to allow myselfe to slide down the spectrum a little to appoint where I am comfortable with myselfe and my gender expression

zorianacd
10-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Women's clothing is fun. The looks are endless.

Jane G
10-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Because it has always felt natural. Because I love spending time in front of the mirror trying on new outfits and styles mixing and matching until I get something I really like. Then just sitting in the lounge like now chatting to you girls.:heehee:

RADER
10-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I like to be able to feel what it is like to be a girl. By wearing their clothes, I get to feel what
girls feel, at least what they are wearing. I do not go out of the closet, I am just not anyway
have a female frame, quite the opposite, But I can dress and feel the other me that wishes
could come out of the closet.
Rader

wilt575
10-13-2012, 07:43 PM
It just seems like the natural thing to do.:battingeyelashes::)

Could not agree more, when I was young. I grew up with two sisters and had three girl cousins living three doors down, also only few boys in neighborhood, so only had girl playmates most of the . We played dress-up and other girl things a lot with no shame or guilt as I got older. Parents traveled a lot for their job and sisters had me dress when not in school and gave me nighties from there frinds a long with other clothes. Always dress male at school though. Yet never thought of it as crossdressing or wrong. Just dress the way you like, be a pretend girl if and when you want. In fact never heard term crossdresser until middle school, then blew it off. In short feels natural an normal. Don't pretend anymore.

AlexApp
10-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I have always been curious what it would be like to live life as a woman and how it would be different than being a man. What would it be like to wear dresses, makeup, heels, have breasts and other lady parts? How would my childhood be different, if at all? What would going through puberty as a female be like, having to deal with breast growth, and the social challenges high school presents? What is like for a woman to fall in love with a man and then get married? Would it be different than what a man experiences? What does it feel like to be intimate as a woman, with a man, another woman or one’s self? And most importantly how do these experiences compare to their male equivalents? Dressing is my adept to answer as many of these questions that I can. However, I am completely comfortable being a man. I don’t necessarily whish that I was born female but I wish I knew what it would be like if I was. And since I am not sexually attracted to men and lack the physical equipment and will to answer some of those questions. I am left doing whatever I can do to answer them. I am also beginning to learn that feminine clothing feels really nice.

sissystephanie
10-13-2012, 09:43 PM
As I have said many times on this forum and elsewhere, I crossdress because I like to and because it is fun!! I am not compelled by any deep seated motivation, I just like to do it!!

Ame Anderson
10-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Ame has always been a part of me. My wife used to kid that she needed my "gay" side to go shopping with her. I have even helped her friends shop. The SA today thought I was gay. Her quote"Who needs a girlfriend when you have him" I recently admitted to myself and my wife I would enjoy dressing feminine not for a sexual release but for happiness in feminine things.

TeresaL
10-13-2012, 10:14 PM
I do so because I can't help it. It's like being left handed, having turrets, being born with asthma, or extra limbs and appendages. Unfortunately, this proclivity to cross dress, including other depths of transgenderism, is subjective and not seen by the casual passerby. Its invisible hold on those so endeared is nonetheless as effective in application as the signs accompanying other folks who have have visible differences.

Like many of those who post on this board, stopping does not work. Neither does running from it. If neither stopping or running work, then engaging and embracing remain. ...and that is what I've done somewhat recently, and therefore have made much greater peace than fighting a losing battle. So thus I cross-dress and am a transgender person.

harley47
10-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the many thoughtful replies. For me, I think it started -as a feeling that I ought to be wearing my older sister's pink nylon panties (she preferred her cotton lollypops) and was partly 'Venus envy'--she was the smarter, favored one- I was the 'screw up' in the family. As this began when I was about 4-5--it wasn't anything sexual (fetish) then. As I got older, the Fetish part became a major component and I found that 'when I stressed, I dressed'--think this is a common situation.
After being on meds for 6 years or so, there is no more 'mojo' left , alas, so the fetish part is gone for the most part. Guess it just feels 'natural' and I derive mental pleasure feeling (pretending?) that I am on the Pink Team. Ironic, I think more Crossdressers wear pantyhose than natural females. We keep Hanes pantyhose in business!

BelowZer0
10-14-2012, 02:46 AM
There are lots of reasons why I dress. I love the textures against my skin, I love they endless combinations, mostly I love the feminine figure.

Tara D. Rose
10-14-2012, 03:31 AM
I really don't know why, I used to think I knew why, but the more I learn, the more that I really don't know why I do this and need to do this. I no longer try to figure it out, I roll with the flow, and simply embrace it.

Foxglove
10-14-2012, 05:26 AM
The only reason I crossdress is that, given my size, it's so much easier to find women's clothes that fit me. If I could find men's jeans that fit me properly, I wouldn't be wearing skirts and dresses. If I could find undershirts that fit, I wouldn't wear a bra. If I could find jammies that fit, I wouldn't wear nighties. If they made men's shoes for me, I wouldn't wear my cute little suede boots. My reasons are purely functional.

But since I've gone that far, I also have to wear a wig and makeup and jewelry, etc., just so that I don't look silly. I mean, I wouldn't want other people to think badly of me, now would I?

Best wishes, Annabelle

Ellen47
10-14-2012, 06:28 AM
It makes me feel true to myself.

Misty52
10-14-2012, 07:52 AM
:)To be me. I don't think I'm two different people, just a feminine side and an masculine side. I'm comfortable in both. Dressing makes me feel complete. Also I love new clothes, new looks, new makeup and you can't do that as a man.:o

I agree with Chelsea. Just to be me. I like the female clothes, style, colors and all better than male clothes.

Jolene
10-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Because since a young age? I've always admired, envied and loved women, feminty and all things feminine. I truly like and enjoy women, and any and all things about women. I'm envious of them, how they form friendships and relationships. I love their clothes, the mannerisms, the choices and options they have that I as a man don't and can never have.

I love the thrill, the frillioness of women clothes ~ the sometimes fussiness of it all.

I love the options that women have that men don't have. The sponetantiy of being feminine ~ the "Just because I feel like it!" or the "Just becaue I like it!"`

I like the fabrics, the smells, the odors.

I like the lace!

I like feeling girly.

Jus to name a few!

I do it for Jolene and because it is fun. :)

reb.femme
10-14-2012, 03:57 PM
After my post yesterday reference not dressing for nearly a couple of months I have to answer, 'because I have to'.

I have aways enjoyed the tactile element of dressing as much as the original fetish beginnings, but after my chemical induced abstinence, it was a thunderous return. The last time I was shaking so uncontrollably, my immune system was very close to crashing, and that's a fact. :straightface:

Ultimately, I just love being femme; I can be boy whenever I please....or whenever the wife wants it too :heehee:.

Reb

Ally 2112
10-14-2012, 04:47 PM
It started as an urge i could not control anymore i just had to do it .After many years of guilt and purging im finaly at the point where i acceppt and love the inner girl and clothes ! Face it ladies womens clothes are waay better than mens !:)

ILuv2Dress
10-14-2012, 06:08 PM
I love the feel of wearing women's clothes. The feel of fine lingerie against my skin. Sheer stockings on my legs. A long pencil skirt that restricts my stride. And to top it all off I love high heels, the higher the better.

discreet_mga
10-14-2012, 06:18 PM
For me it is relatively new expression of a large part of my personality. Somehow it just felt really right to try. Now, when I have the chance to be Charlotte, it just feels as natural as slipping on regular guy clothes during the day.

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2012, 06:20 PM
For me it is relatively new expression of a large part of my personality. Somehow it just felt really right to try. Now, when I have the chance to be Charlotte, it just feels as natural as slipping on regular guy clothes during the day.

Excellent post darlin, thank you for doing so.

Michelle V
10-14-2012, 06:30 PM
My testosterone levels must be high today because all I can think of is: Because it is AWSOME!!!!

But really it is, there is nothing like it, there are times I like myself better than others when I dress, boy when you get it right, right make up, right clothes, right state of mind YOU can become the girl you always wanted to be and nothing can bring it down except for reality but for that few hours you are one with the world and there is nothing else like it. To be your true self...nothing like it.

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Other than the enjoyment that dressing gives me, its great to meet great people by being a CD, and the greater LGBT community.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-14-2012, 09:43 PM
For a few good reasons (to me). Its nice to have a varied wardrobe of very comfy clothes. Sometimes I like to be sexxy, and because I'm biologically a half n half :)

sweetgal
10-15-2012, 01:23 AM
At the end of the day it just makes me feel good. I guess that's all I care about.

Georgia Rose
10-15-2012, 05:27 AM
As I have said many times on this forum and elsewhere, I crossdress because I like to and because it is fun!! I am not compelled by any deep seated motivation, I just like to do it!!

Yes that's me too. Just like the clothes, the makeup and comfortable being a different looking person for a while

Jessica86
10-15-2012, 06:33 AM
I dress for a stress reliever just as much as satisfying my other side. I consider myself to CRAVE being dressed almost as much as I crave food or water. Without it, as time passes, I just feel the urge getting stronger and stronger until I finally give into it! There is nothing like changing from me, who has CONSTANT stress with three jobs, two kids, and trying to stay fit for those things. Jessica has no stress. No worries about anything. It's like heaven when I get the time to actually do it.

SamanthaJ
10-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Wow! Reading through all theses comments from you girls has really made me think about my own reasons. So many of you have touched upon feeling that match my own. I don’t think I could have answer “why” until very recently. It’s hard when your younger to get past the confusing mess of positive and negative emotions.

As a man I can express only some of the things that I see as part of my female self. I’m very creative and have always been able to incorporate my love of baking, shopping, fashion, home making, gossiping with the girls etc as part of my artistic nature. However sometimes it’s just not enough and the rest of my female side who I have come to call Sam just needs an outlet.

As so many of you have commented, We can’t not dress. The choosing of an outfit, the feel of the clothes against the skin, the pleasure when I look at myself in the mirror and it works. Girls can switch so easily between modes of dress. From hanging round the house to formal work ware to drop dead sexy. When I want to feel sexy I only have one way to go…

Sam is the sexy me. If it’s the little black dress or just as today some skinny fit jeans and a gypsy top (plus some sexy knee high boots!) it’s how it makes me feel inside.
That’s why I need it.

Thanks for posting this question Harley
And thanks for all the other fab posts girls, I loved reading them.

The more i read on here the more It feels really life affirming to be part of this community.

Sam
x

audreyinalbany
10-15-2012, 07:16 AM
As I've said on another thread, it's hard to find a well-dressed woman not attractive. Even a marginally attractive woman is hard to not look at when she is all done up. I guess that's part of my motivation in dressing, an attempt to transform the bland everyday me into something attractive.

dtride
10-20-2012, 03:15 AM
I love to wear pantyhose, mini skirts and high heels, it feels good and sexy, its personality. it just happens,

Jayne
10-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Simple answer.....
It makes me happy :)

More complex answer, it is a release from my male life of work, stress and responsibility.

Do I want to be a woman............ NO

Do I want to be able to pass as a woman when I dress.............Of course I do.

I love the feel of the clothes, the tightness of the underwear the smoothness of the hosiery, the pinch of the heels and now I love the transformation of using wigs and make up and painted toe nails.

I love to shed my hairy legs in winter when it is not a problem exposing shiny smooth legs to the world.

I hope this explains why I dress a little better.

adrienner99
10-20-2012, 08:40 AM
I really wish I knew. But when I am in a dress and high heels, I look in the mirror and think, "This is me. This is right. This is who I am."

Abby74
10-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Simple I like being treated like a lady.

beccaturner
10-21-2012, 08:44 AM
I crossdress, probably mostly because of jealousy. i can't help but think, look at the usually rough boring stuff men wear, compared to the beautiful fabrics, clothes and heels women wear. Why should women be the only ones to enjoy the best things in life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of the aspects of being a man, but i just prefer the clothes of a woman.

Samantha43
10-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Why do I crossdress? Hmmmmm.....I have no idea.

I do know that when I am crossdressed, I have a feeling of complete contentment. All of life's stresses fade away.

I also enjoy the process of transforming an ugly middle aged dude into someone pleasant to look at in the mirror.

Oh, I almost forgot to say how much I love the feeling of stockings......and heels.....and a bra......and makeup.....well, you get the picture!:battingeyelashes:

ChelseaErtel
10-21-2012, 09:01 AM
I makes me happy. I feel complete for some reason. When I finish dressing and look in the mirror and see a good transformation I feel relaxed, and fulfilled. I love looking for new outfits, hair, better ways to pass as a woman, working on my walk, arm and hand movements, shoes, makeup, all the wonderful colors....just seems to be so much to making a woman look nice, so many options.

It's not sexual, not even erotic for many years now. I look at women and evaluate how they are dressed and get ideas, oh and ah over well made up women and enjoy emulating them.

The shortest answer, at least for now is - it feels like me.

Danielle_cder
10-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Because it is awesome....

Beverley Sims
10-21-2012, 11:00 AM
When I started out seriously.
As a man I looked just ordinary.
Dressed as a woman I was an eyeful.
So it was satisfaction and being myself.

sami1952
10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
i crossdress mostly because i have always felt that i meant to be a woman and dressing up in woman's makes me feel more at lease. I love to wear woman's clothing and tend to make myself more passable everytime i dress up.

Tracii G
10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Its how I balance my life and deal with my duality.
I feel more complete when I dress.

jacques
11-23-2012, 07:44 PM
When I started it was because I was curious; then for the thrill; but now for relaxation
luv J

Celeste
11-23-2012, 08:58 PM
There are tons of reasons for me and they all come and go in their importance.My biggest one is expressionism...it skirts the boundary's of expressionism and that alone is thrilling to me.The fact that it remains taboo for most of society is another one and I see it as a challenge not to fear the unknown.It helps me to look deeply inside myself and search the inner "me" constantly.

But the best reason so far is that in being here and getting out over the past few years, I have met more of the most interesting,wonderful and meaningful people.People who are into this are really unique and I never fail to learn something new from each and every one of them.

Carroll
11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Why do I crossdress?...What the hell else am I going to do with all those clothes my wife bought me? :)

TGMarla
11-24-2012, 09:50 AM
What a loaded question! Why? I really don't know, other than the fact that I enjoy it so. When I'm dressed, I enjoy so many things that are denied to me as a man, and these things envelope me from head to toe. When I'm dressed, there is not one thing I'm wearing that is explicitly okay for a man to wear, from my wig right down to my high heels. Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, dresses, hosiery, lacy slip, a bra, boobies, long pretty hair....the entire gamut is exclusive to women, and a venture into no-man's land.

But I don't crossdress for the taboo factor, even though I acknowledge that it's there. I absolutely love wearing pretty dresses. And I enjoy the feminine element that comes with wearing such things. For a change from the norm, instead of being the rough and unpolished, gotta do the dirty work, farts and belches, drinks and cusses (okay, I'm exaggerating to make a point) everyday MAN, I get to instead enjoy the delicate, lady-like, smooth, silky, soft and demure part of my being. I love walking in high heels. I love giving my dress a twirl, and experiencing how my hemline flares out around me when I do it. I love lace, and soft colors. I love wearing delicate, pretty fabrics that love my skin right back. I love smelling my perfume, and how my hair cascades past my neck in delicate curls. I love the line of contrast between my lipstick and the rest of my face. I love how my eyes look when I'm wearing mascara.
All these things, and none of them are even remotely acceptable in a man. But a man I gotta be, so I crossdress. Then I get to enjoy all of it just like the ladies do.

Tina B.
11-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Because I don't like me when I don't. I get moody and depressed if I stay in drab to long.

Nikki_C
11-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Before I was a teen, I just think the girl clothes are so pretty and I love them.
As I get older, it is not just pretty cloth anymore. It was the beauty of the female form; the hourglass shape, breast, and and all the beautiful clothes accent the female form!

I think I just want to be a girl!

anastasiaprincess
11-24-2012, 08:58 PM
TBH i don't know lol Since the age of about 12 i have done it ! Borrowing my mothers clothes when she wasn't around etc etc I just feel so right when i'm in girls clothing something i cant explain

Courtneigh
12-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I too "bat" for the pink team !

To be Femme first and foremost...but..I feel closer to my real self...my inner-me...the girl inside.
I enjoy and love the feel and the look of the make-up, clothing, shoes etc...sitting, walking...you get it ?

It's about being "Courtneigh"...I am no- Bradd Pit...I am not the hunch back of Notredam either...I get enough attention from the ladies in general but because of manners and behaviour and personality too.
All that is good and well but that is only part of who I am...not the guy with the good manners or whatever...

I do it to be Me...to be Courtneigh...as I should have been born !!!

LilSissyStevie
12-06-2012, 02:58 PM
To quote Flip Wilson (as Geraldine), "The Devil makes me do it.":devil:

Joanne f
12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I do not believe that I cross dress I just wear the clothes that seem natural for me to wear but I am sure that someone will soon tell me that I am wrong in thinking that :heehee:

GabbiSophia
12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I cd because it makes me center. I am happy when dressed and it just is another day. The days of it being a rush have pretty much faded. I have yet to go public but I almost don't care what other people think I want to be happy for a change. The clothes bring another side of me out and let's it flourish. That's what it is for me a flourishing time. I feel Luke I can except myself then.

CynthiaD
12-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I wear female clothing to look and feel normal.

I think of myself as female all the time.

Why do I feel this way?

Who knows? ... Who cares?

jodie k
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
i am more comfortable in a skirt, panties and nightgown, so I dress like that everyday, and i don't know why, but I love to curtsey in from of a mirror, and you can't do that ifg you;re naked or wearing pants,

ArleneRaquel
12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Dressing enfemme, especially when in full makeup, including a wig, is an adventure, dressing male is a bore & a snore.

brenne
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
One reason - some of the clothes are comfortable.
Another is because I'm always so cautious, uncomfortable, and uptight when I try to be strictly "man's look".
Plus instead of wearing the Modern Family look or whatever, I'd just as soon look pretty and femme.

Plus I feel a lot prettier and sexier when I'm with my partner when he's accepting of "Brenne".

I might edit this post when I think of other reasons.

Ruby B
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I dress because I want to express my complete self, not just one side. The duality of my true self is masculine and feminine, and I cannot deny one over the other. I seek balance, and dressing allows me to channel my feminine energy. I have accepted that I need to outwardly be a girl sometimes. I just hope that our society catches up to us one day.

sheilagirl
12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
When I dress like a woman or whatever my ideal of a woman, physically is, I feel like it closer matches
how I feel and have always felt inside. Sensitive, Intuitive, Considerate and just down right, kind.
Most of these traits are associated with women. The softness of a woman's clothes, the brighter colors
and variety of styles blows away the boring sameness in men's clothing.
I've never felt comfortable in a suit and tie. Give me a light flowing skirt, lacey top and lots
of great things on underneath and I'm right where I want to be.

ArleneRaquel
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
sheilagirl,
A fantastic post darlin.

May(be)
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
So i don't have to spend money at the bar :heehee:... Good lord I'm shallow (and also just kidding).

Really, it's for sanity. I crossdress because i did it once and found out how great it feels. I continue because i have no impulse control and it makes me more aware of my body. Not just in a sexual way, but it makes me feel charged and alive. I'm aware that i am in a body and i am havinga human experience. I spend a lot of time in guy mode in my head thinking, but in girl mode, i spend much more time in my body feeling.

LaraPeterson
12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
This is a great time for me to answer this question because for the next two weeks I'm going to be "home alone" and will have ample opportunity to dress--on some days for the entire day. BTW, TeresaL, I AM left handed! Guess I'm doubly cursed, huh.

Anyway, I dress for a number of reasons, these are just a few: 1) I really do wish I was a woman; if circumstances were different I'd be working on it right now, 2) Some of my earliest memories are of dressing in mom's stuff, 3) When I don't dress for a period of time I feel miserable, 4) I love the feeling of lingerie, especially pantyhose and bras, 5) I hate tight-whiteys, 6) on the occasion when I do go out and pass at any level, I feel really fulfilled.

I hope someday we can quit asking these questions and just live our lives for who we are without all the stigma.

Angela Campbell
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Intuitive, Considerate and just down right, kind.
Most of these traits are associated with women. .

Men have these traits as well. I do.....oh wait a minute.....never mind....

mersades
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Because I like to wear a bra and girdle under a dress. And because I like to wear high heels and nylons, not pantyhose. And because I like to wear makeup and have long hair styled nicely. And yet, I don't want to be a woman or to be held or kissed by a man.

Jillian Faith
12-07-2012, 06:00 AM
Because it makes me feel pretty.....and happy!

Raychel
12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
I have for all my life felt like some sort of an outcast. Never really fitting in anywhere.
When I dress I feel like I fit, I just feel more comfortable. And with the great people here I feel like I fit it.

It just make me feel good about myself. Feel ore content, not trying to fit into the norm.
I just feel like me.

Ceri Anne
12-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I enjoy my masculinity, but also crave the ability to express my feminity. Many people over the course of my life as asked if I was gay. I'm not. But I have many female likes and actions. I feel complete when I can express both sides of me. I love womens cloths, fabrics, the cut of them on my body and all the styles they can wear. I enjoy the primping with getting my nails done, makeup and of course the shopping. While I would love to dress more, I don't see myself going 24/7. Don't need to loose my other self in the process.

EllieOPKS
12-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I crossdress, probably mostly because of jealousy. i can't help but think, look at the usually rough boring stuff men wear, compared to the beautiful fabrics, clothes and heels women wear. Why should women be the only ones to enjoy the best things in life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of the aspects of being a man, but i just prefer the clothes of a woman.

I feel exactly the same. And, strangely enough I feel like a kinder more patient person when I take on the female persona.

Sharon B.
12-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm with Krista1985, on this one plus it helps to relive stress for me.

Jill
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
This was one of the first questions I asked on an online forum when I admitted within myself that I was crossdresser. I couldn't figure out why I was compelled to do it because I wanted to quit so badly. What I have learned over the years is that there isn't a uniform answer why people do it and there's not a solid explanation for the phenomenon in general.

JenniferMBlack
12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I like how the clothes feel and look.

Joanne.England
12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Why oh why! Not really sure, lots of reasons. When I don't I get an urge to. The longer I do not dress the stronger the urge gets. When I do dress I feel different inside. I like the feel of the clothes and the sensation of a tight bra, loose panties and the loose skirt. I love the feel of heels and the altered centre of gravity! I also love the feeling I get inside, I can't really describe it very well - one of happiness, enjoyment, relaxing, calming, exciting and conentment. I just don't like the feeling of maybe getting caught.

alwayshave
12-07-2012, 04:32 PM
As my screen name states, "alwayshave." To know the real reason we would have to delve into the mind of the six year old boy who started dressing. Now a days, it just feels right. I love the fabrics and colors. I love femininity, not just in my preference of clothes, but all things feminine.

Jana
12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I do it because I can't help it. Simple as that.

Laura28
12-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I love it hard to say why, i love doing my make up i love the feel of the cloths, i love seeing me with breast. I have always felt this way.

susangirl
12-07-2012, 11:14 PM
It's very very simple, it's so much fun. To sit at a bar with your legs crossed with stockings and five inch heels is awesome. Also men like looking at tits. But the best thing is in the morning I am still a man. It's kinda like the best of both worlds.

ArleneRaquel
12-08-2012, 01:18 AM
I crossdresser because if I didn't I would go around naked, which would stop the worlds clocks, and the end of civilization as we know it !:devil:

FaithGrace
12-08-2012, 02:38 AM
I always knew, ever since I can remember, that I've always wanted to wear women's clothes and feel pretty, sexy, and girly. I remember going clothes shopping at maybe 4 years old with my mom and looking longingly at the frilly dresses and asking why I couldn't wear that. "Because those are for girls and you are a boy" my mom told me. Now that I am going through a divorce at 43 years old I feel that I can finally fulfill those longings and FULLY experience what is like to become the woman (in appearance) that I was meant to be. Like most of you, I know I should/could have done this a LOT sooner.

DanyaKay
12-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Agreed, it does make me comfortable. But I'm better at numbers/accounting when I'm dressed. I own my business and when I'm doing invoicing I just flat take more time to double check the numbers. I guess I am more relaxed or at ease.

Nichola
12-08-2012, 04:33 AM
For me it's just instinct & the back to basics of wishing I'd been born a girl. I'm ok with being a guy though, but without this I'm nothing. 'Why' I feel like this I'll never know, but may as well have some fun along the way:)