PDA

View Full Version : Your Labels

Tiffany Tuesday
11-25-2005, 06:49 AM
Hiyaaaaa,

relax girl i don't mean serious lables like GG TG or B-Gee fan , pre-ops, post-ops or cycl-ops or even domme, sub or self rub :eek:... no i mean what are your 2 die 4 , must have, diva divine DRESSES!

My current top favs are:
Catwalk Collection Ltd
Loralie
Wheels and Dollbaby (clothes to snare a millionaire)
Tiffany (honest zilch to do with the name, but it's a bonus)

and some keep an eye on's
A & F (ruffled silk mini skirts)
Wild Diva (pleated satin ribbon heels)
Jovani
Morgan
Metamorfose (Japanese EGL)
Miss Sixty

.. oh and many others for partic dresses/heels/jeans whatever

I love femme style, so if you care to share, list your labels or fav dress... and let's gosp 'til we drop 'bout our top shop dream dresses!

hugz
Tiffany xxx
ps me and Cosmic at Transfandango 2004, she is in a Catwalk Collection and me a rave from the grave 80's, Loralie.
pps Cosmic hasn't a lumpy tush, that's my hand .. tee hee!:angel:

Nikki Dee
11-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi. Hun...my current fave labels are....the ones I can find in charity shops at low, low prices.!!!!
Love Nikki. xx

Tiffany Tuesday
11-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Tee hee Nikki,

no matter where you have to shop you can still be a star darling ... and in second hand shops especially, only if you know what's what with fashion labels can you be sure when you find treasure! I once found an original Zandra Rhodes in a second hand place ... £2 got me £200, who says labels don't matter?

The quality of dresses mean nothing to men, merely what they reveal, whereas to women dress style, taste and quality mean everything and the skill in finding, gathering and co-ordinating is much admired and sought after! Check out the movie "In her Shoes"!

big hugz
Tiffany x

Wendy me
11-25-2005, 12:42 PM
hi girlfreind labels not overly hung up on them i shop everywere and if it's cute , if it's like got to have it , or if it's omg just can't live with out it ,... it's so mine.......sometimes the right outfit just screams take me home ....

Julie York
11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Hello TT! Nice to see you around.

I don't care what the label says if it fits!

But I did get a really nice skirt from a place called Warehouse? I mean.....I didn't buy it there. That's what the label says. Oh and Top Shop. Not exactly designer I know, but nice all the same.

DonnaT
11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
My favorites say SALE

FionaAlexis
11-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi Tiffany,

Labels depend where you live I suppose? And your style and age?

I'm sure no-one but the other Aussies girls have heard of these but my favourite local labels for suits, dresses and skirts are:

Anthea Crawford
Carla Zampatti
also Country Road
some Dolina though it tends to be a bit Mother of Bride.

I can’t afford most new but I find ‘vintage stuff’ on eBay and pre-loved shops and mix and match with less expensive stuff from local chains like Kamikaze, Brown Sugar or Syndicate.

For shoes I like Top End and Zoe Wittner.

Fiona xx

Stormgirl
11-25-2005, 08:03 PM
My favorites say SALE

Same here

Amelie
11-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Some of my labels:

Dr. Martens
Tripp
Lip Service
Vision Street Wear

I don't know any others.

Nikki Dee
11-26-2005, 09:13 AM
I SO agree Tiffany...I have picked up some wonderful bargains at charity shops...really good labels that I wouldn't normally afford...o.k. there are a lot of the usual High St. names too...but items that would have cost £40/50 new can be got for say £3/4 ...and still look good as new generally.!
Love Nikki x

Tiffany Tuesday
11-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Hiya Wendy,
I adore your hair in that avatar .. you got great style honey! Dying to now see your piccies of your fav dresses.

Ju-leeeeeeeeeeeeeee York,
missed you Miss .. hey did you ever make it to Sparkle in Manchester .. coz you never did say hello .. pout!!! We managed over 1000 CD/TG peeps in the one place for the one weekend. Of course they asked me and Cosmic to do the serious cerebral stuff, yup the Miss English Rose pageant! HEY we did books (yup big brainy ones with no pictures) ... no not to read them, EEEK ... the contestants had to balance them on their heads and do debutante stuff!

Hey there darlings, Donna and Aubrey,
ain't that the truth ... SALE means buy twice as much than we were going to buy in the first place and feel twice as good ... it's only men who can't figure the feminine logic of it!

Fiona babe,
One of my favs Wheels & Dollbaby are an Oz Label too, did not realise there were others, are you Oz girls keeping the best for yourselves? Talking eBay, in a wierd and wonderful way, a remarkably high proprtion of the most gorge girlicious dresses are from Oz sellers. I so totally agree on the eBay vintage searching too, some adorabubble vintage styles to be found. There's a sheer joy in finding a quality vintage dress and a delight in re-inventing the style out on the town not to mention admiration from GG's. It seems many GG's feel totally constrained to try diff fashion styles, and in a peculiar way it is us who can lead them to fashion freedom to wear what they please.

Oooh Amelie,
Lip Service stuff is sooo sexy cute and DM's come in such delish pastel colors ... dunno how to wear them tho ... as i am a bit scared of the boy does girl does boy look in case it just looks BOY:( Tho i have managed a Victor/Victoria girlie tux with "granny" patent high heels, and whilst no one raved, at least no one laughed when i wore it out! You prob seen this site, but i think like you'd love it too http://courtesanscloset.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=109

Nikki Dee,
you tried eBay honey? Just like the Charity Shops there are gianormous bargains to be found.

btw here is Loralies winter prom selection, yummy but not as drop dead gorge selection as last spring/summer 2005
http://www.loralie.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=DR

hugz ... please tell me more of your fav styles labels and dresses, 'coz i am a total frockaholic!
Tiffany x

ps piccie is me at the Tate Modern, London, trying boy does girl does boy. Photo by Laura Handbag

New Sue
11-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Cheap / sale

Adrianne
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Cheap / sale

I agree with you on that one Sue.

tiffa
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
i was luky and walked into a charity shop in sw london and saw a dress in light blue with flowers over and rap round .got it .just a little big but who cares its a viginia westwood:)

BrendaChristine
11-27-2005, 09:03 PM
I don't look at labels much, but by coincidence only,alot of my shoes are Mootsie Tootsies and Nine West.

Tiffany Tuesday
12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
MUST HAVE 2 die 4 prom dress

Puh-lease, anyone seeing this Tiffany prom dress for sale anywhere, size 4 or 6 ... please please tell me, and you will have my undying gratitude!

DonnaT
12-02-2005, 07:45 AM
A Tiffany for Tiffany!

You might have to have it made Tiffany. Who in their right mind would want to sell a dress like that if they owned it :D

BrendaChristine
12-02-2005, 08:21 AM
I went into DSW for the first time yesterday!:jumping:

Tiffany Tuesday
12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Know what you mean Donna hon,

but i have seen a German trader person on eBAY selling a size a 10 and a size 16 one just now for c. £200 each. Tiffany's main suppliers want $495 for a new one, (add shipping and UK customs i'll be hitting $700) so the more i can save in getting one anywhere else, the more i'll have left for new heels, purse and hairdo to match it :)