PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the heat

Daisy41
10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm really excited about spending an entire day next week en femme for the first time. I've been practicing full dress just to make sure I don't do something wrong the day-off and have a horrible day because I keep focusing on that one thing I tried that's not working out.

Anyways, one thing that's really been bugging me is heat. Guys obviously generate a lot more heat than girls do. I have to keep a fan on me when I put on make up else I sweat like I'm running a 5k! Between the wig, tights, padding, etc., I feel like it's a work up just to be a women. I don't want to end up sweating my make up off or constantly having beads down my face. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping cool when fully dressed?

Marcia Blue
10-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Daisy,
The fan will help when getting ready. I try to dress as light as possible. While I do have a lot of layers, I try to minimize the layers if I can. When I wear a loose bulky sweater, I do not wear a corset or cincher.
Sometimes nerves, cause perspiration. I know my nerves do cause me to "leak". The more often I get out the less I seem to "leak".
Glamor Boutique also sells an anti-persperant setting powder. I used it when I first started going out.

Karren H
10-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Guys obviously generate a lot more heat than girls? I'd like to see a scientific article on that!

Angela Campbell
10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't know about scientific articles but I have never met a woman who did not have cold feet.....and the insatiable urge to put them on you...

Karren H
10-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't know about scientific articles but I have never met a woman who did not have cold feet.....and the insatiable urge to put them on you...

not any of the burning hot chicks I've been with! lol

sterling12
10-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Most women do their makeup before dressing. Not likely to spill stuff on your outer clothes, and it's cooler. So, that's the first thing to try. And you might install a portable fan somewhere in your vicinity.

Living in Florida, we do get a little bit of heat and humidity for about 12 months out of the year, so here's a little nifty trick that some Gurls have used, and it seems to work quite well. Go to Walmart and buy a low-priced anti-perspirant. One that lists aluminum-zirconium as the first ingredient. Do not use Deodorant for this purpose, it doesn't work. Swipe a couple of smears of The Anti-perspirant over your forehead, just above your brows, and all the way across. Let it dry, and that should really diminish the amount of sweat that's running down your face. You can also try this on your hands. Used by a lot of golfers, if you get sweaty palms, it can be a lifesaver.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Cynthia Anne
10-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Gee I thought you regulated sweating by seeing how many beers you can down before last call!!!!!!!!!!

Megan Briana
10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Most women do their makeup before dressing. Not likely to spill stuff on your outer clothes, and it's cooler. So, that's the first thing to try. And you might install a portable fan somewhere in your vicinity.

Living in Florida, we do get a little bit of heat and humidity for about 12 months out of the year, so here's a little nifty trick that some Gurls have used, and it seems to work quite well. Go to Walmart and buy a low-priced anti-perspirant. One that lists aluminum-zirconium as the first ingredient. Do not use Deodorant for this purpose, it doesn't work. Swipe a couple of smears of The Anti-perspirant over your forehead, just above your brows, and all the way across. Let it dry, and that should really diminish the amount of sweat that's running down your face. You can also try this on your hands. Used by a lot of golfers, if you get sweaty palms, it can be a lifesaver.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Living in Florida, I know too well about excessive sweating. I am going to try this suggestion. I have been worrying about how to keep the make up looking nice and fresh in this climate. From both sides of me, thank you for this suggestion.

Megan Briana

Tera
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Hell I'm gonna use that Florida trick just for my golf game. Maybe it'll even improve my handicap :P

Megan70
10-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping cool when fully dressed?

my 2cents....don't do it. Not the right venue to take such a huge experiment or risk to be read or pointed out. Do this race in drab and practice solo private training runs dressed , tryouts first dear, just like working with makeup.

Megan ( the other one)

mirandacdgirl
10-13-2012, 11:35 PM
being hot natured is genetic.. I rarely sweat.. but my 5 year old daughter sweats all the time.. even when its nice out side. I keep a fan on her.

sonna
10-13-2012, 11:41 PM
you can try stuffing your bra with ice packs.............

JaytoJillian
10-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Most women do their makeup before dressing. Not likely to spill stuff on your outer clothes, and it's cooler. So, that's the first thing to try.

yep, that's why I get made up nekkid

Vickie_CDTV
10-14-2012, 03:35 AM
I have the exact same problem (I am always hot.) Here's a few suggestions:

1.) Buy a folding hand fan (like you see women with in oriental paintings etc.) and keep it in your purse. If you get stuck in the heat (it can happen even in the winter, when the heat is on full blast in some places like conference halls etc.), you can fan yourself and keep yourself a bit cooler. As silly as it may sound, it has really helped make dressing in a warm environment a lot more bearable. You can find them on eBay for less than $10. They are also a cute accessory (at least I think so.)

2.) You can try an antiperspirant like Certain-Dri (uses aluminum chloride) dabbed on your forehead and under the wig to keep perspiration from coming down your forehead (make sure you don't get the antiperspirant in your eyes!) It makes a fantastic styptic if you cut yourself shaving too!

Daisy41
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I will try the anti perspirant trick during one of my practice runs. I've bee practicing my dressing up specifically to solve problems I come across before trying them in public. I will get a fan to carry with me as well just as back up. Thanks ladies!

Beverley Sims
10-15-2012, 11:12 AM
I don't have the problem but those that do use anti perspirant that reduces the seepage? for want of a better descriptor. :)

kimdl93
10-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't know about the metabolism differences, but I would suggest some cooler outfits - we don't always have to wear stockings or padding.

linda allen
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm really excited about spending an entire day next week en femme for the first time. I've been practicing full dress just to make sure I don't do something wrong the day-off and have a horrible day because I keep focusing on that one thing I tried that's not working out.

Anyways, one thing that's really been bugging me is heat. Guys obviously generate a lot more heat than girls do. I have to keep a fan on me when I put on make up else I sweat like I'm running a 5k! Between the wig, tights, padding, etc., I feel like it's a work up just to be a women. I don't want to end up sweating my make up off or constantly having beads down my face. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping cool when fully dressed?

Buy an airconditioner. If you already have one set it colder. That won't work outdoors, but it will work in your home while you're getting ready and in your car on the way to wherever you are going.

I've heard of people putting their boobs in the refrigerator before putting them on but that just doesn't seem right to me. :eek:

JenniferUK
10-15-2012, 12:51 PM
What about water filled balloons as boobs. Just put them in the freezer first lol

J

sometimes_miss
10-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Set the A/C to about 50. That should do it.