PDA

View Full Version : Ever meet anyone on this forum and found out you know each other?

ChelseaErtel
10-14-2012, 08:05 AM
. .

Saffron
10-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I think the same the other day, it would be great!

Didn't happen for now.

Kate Simmons
10-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Not really in this life Hon but I have met many friends here that have become my local area neighbors as well as my TG sisters.:battingeyelashes::)

TxKimberly
10-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Nope, the closest I have come is finding one of them worked for one of my larger customers in Austin

LindaC
10-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Not here, but a number of years ago, I was in a Drag bar(drab) and ran into a co-worker, dressed to the "9's". She approched me, I didn't see her. Small world.

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I have never experienced that action, sorry to say.

UNDERDRESSER
10-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure it was on here, or another forum, but I saw a picture of a "Gurl" and I'm about 95% certain it is someone I work with.

Karren H
10-14-2012, 08:15 PM
I've met a couple here who went to the same college and we just missed each other.... I've meet a crossdresser online who I know locally and our kids go to the same school... and I've met online a couple crossdressers through a third party admirer who work for the company I work for... but at a different site...

ColleenCD
10-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Not yet, but I did meet a member on this site for lunch. Great experience. We live in two different areas but share a similar past.

Colleen

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
I did several years ago when we were in New Orleans together. It was weird but fun :)

AllieSF
10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I haven't met Karren personally, but I am one of those who graduated from the same University as she did, Toot! Toot!, except I am much younger than she is and she just edges me out on the good looks department by a fake eyelash. I also met and have gone out a few times another member here who went to the same all boys Catholic high school that I did. Unfortunately, she is younger than I am. Another good friend here with whom I go out frequently knows my neighbor's brother. Sometimes the world is just too damn small!

Stephenie S
10-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes I have. Four or five years ago. His wife and I were friends and co-workers. We still are and I have now become friends with him also.

Stephie

Jamie Ann
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes, I have. There are people that I know from other settings that have turned up here. I guess that says something for this forum -- it attracts a lot of crossdressers from a lot of different groups.

Cheryl T
10-15-2012, 07:42 AM
That would be so nice. To date I've not encountered anyone here that is local to me that I might be able to meet and get to know.

SheriM
10-15-2012, 08:58 AM
I realized one of the members here is from my home town, probably one year younger than I am.

Kathi Lake
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Believe it or not, yes (cue "It's a Small World" music). I found out a member of the forum here was actually in my Air Force Reserve unit years ago, and remembered me.

:)

Kathi

Beverley Sims
10-15-2012, 10:51 AM
No, I retained my cover when somebody advised me there was a lot of info about wig wearing on a site called crossdressers.com or something like that.
She worked in a wig salon and I was trying on wigs for myself. I thanked her anyway and said I must look that up.

Kelli Ca
10-15-2012, 10:55 AM
That would be really awsome then I would have a good friend to hang out with

Tabitha Storm
10-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I was on another site and I saw one of my coworkers had joined the site. That was a little bit freaky for me.

Sarah Doepner
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
I haven't had it happen yet. There are several people on the forum who I have subsequently met and find to be wonderful people and even good friends. If there is someone on this who knows me from "real life", has kept it to themselves but wants to visit, I'd be honored to have the contact.

Tracii G
10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
That would be pretty cool IMO.

Lady Slipper
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
I have always wondered about this, it kinda made me hesitant to join the forum, but now I think it would be interesting! I also wonder about the proverbial closeted dressers living next door to each other, peering out from the drawn shades trying to sneak out without the other neighbor seeing. Lols. :)

Kathi Lake
10-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I was on another site and I saw one of my coworkers had joined the site. That was a little bit freaky for me.Ummmm, why? You're a crossdresser, he's a crossdresser . . .

Kathi

PretzelGirl
10-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Almost. At my very first Tri-Ess meeting, a leader from another group came and threw in a video of their group. One of the members interviewed for the video was a co-worker.

Diane Smith
10-15-2012, 10:09 PM
There is a member of a local gender meet-up group who works for the Post Office. Although I don't know her in drab mode, when I started to talk about my neighborhood once, she immediately figured out the exact address and was able to describe my house, my car and my dog perfectly from her encyclopedic knowledge of our city streets. Kinda freaked me out.

- Diane

Beth Wilde
10-16-2012, 05:58 AM
On a different website, I was looking round for people near a military bases I was going to on temporary duty (just for drinks/chat/nights out). I opened one profile and found myself looking into the eyes of a guy who I was at work with 2 hours earlier!! Apparently an admirer looking for hot dates......... Luckily it was an old profile and he hadn't logged on in 6 months but it was hard to chat to him for a while after that!

xdressed
10-16-2012, 06:20 AM
No but I'll be meeting someone off of this site soon at the London MCM Expo and a couple of people from deviantart (one of whom it turns out lives a couple of towns over and has a few mutual friends with me)

kristinacd55
10-16-2012, 06:29 AM
so far.....only my tg friends who I've met in person or elsewhere. I'm sure that day is coming though!

linda allen
10-16-2012, 07:57 AM
There are a couple members I might like to meet in person but it seems like it would be really weird to meet someone in drab who you knew from this site as Jane or Sally or whatever.

At least for the time being, I think I'll keep my virtual world and my real world seperate.

RenneB
10-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I've gone shopping with a couple that I've met on this site, and have met a few that went to the same alma matter but that's about it.... Someday, though in time it just might happen.....

Renne.....

BillieJoEllen
10-16-2012, 01:03 PM
A few years ago I saw someone on a chat site I used to visit. We went to the same schools back in my hometown. I always suspected she might be TG. I was surprised to see her but did not reveal myself to her.

ChristineReid
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Nice look! Good to see a gal from England Cx

ChristineReid
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
No - but what a kick if I did! Cx

reb.femme
10-16-2012, 05:28 PM
No but I keep looking. Would be awesome to know someone on here but I often feel like we all live on different planets, let alone just different areas, countries or continents. :straightface:

Oh well, back to checking pics on profiles as they appear. Conversely, if you know me, no problem reference contact.

Rebecca

UNDERDRESSER
10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
No but I keep looking. Would be awesome to know someone on here but I often feel like we all live on different planets, let alone just different areas, countries or continents. :straightface:

Oh well, back to checking pics on profiles as they appear. Conversely, if you know me, no problem reference contact.

RebeccaDitto: As long anybody contacting me understands that I'm not interested in anything other than friendship, or possibly shopping trips.