PDA

View Full Version : Dressing and Dining Habits

Eryn
10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Mimi and I attended a very enjoyable dinner with a group of CDers a few evenings ago. At this and other dining events I notice that most of the entrée choices were in the chicken and seafood categories by both the CD and GG diners. Not many steaks being consumed at our table!

So here is the question that everyone is invited to answer:

Does dressing affect your choice of entrée? Do these tastes carry over to times when you dine in drab, or do you revert to "manlier" fare at those times?

AllieSF
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Dressing has no effect on what I eat. My swallowing disorder does. So, when dressed I need to be careful what I eat, because it can become embarrassing when something gets stuck at a nice restaurant, and it has, several times! That being said, wearing waist cinchers can necessitate eating lighter meals and eating less. I enjoy eating lighter meals, it is less filling and I normally feel fine after eating versus the sometimes too full feeling when dressed in guy mode. That is important because I still have someplace else to go for fun after dinner.

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Since dressing full time I now eat more poultry, not much more fish, maybe less, I don't believe that there is a connection. I fixed pot roast for my BF & I the other day, I had chicken, broasted, today.

Tracii G
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I like a nice steak no matter how I present.

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2012, 11:51 PM
I like a nice steak no matter how I present.

Me too, but I've cut down on the frequency. White meat is now my main eating habit.

Tara D. Rose
10-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Not really for me, for I love and prefer chicken and fish over steak anyway. Though as it has been established here many times of the differences of desires from when in man mode to girl mode of how so many desires and ways of thinking change from one persona to the other. i can talk of all of the differences , just for myself only, and so many things change in me, but so strange though, that my taste in food remains the same. it was always chicken, and perch, or any kind of fish, and chicken to be cooked in every way that it can be prepared. Then of course I like a little steak sometimes. It's the same with me in either mode. And wit hthat being said, I will save all of you the boredom of all of the rest of the differences between my boy and girl self. Very strange indeed though I never thought of it till just now.

OKPink
10-14-2012, 11:54 PM
I am a vegitarian.... My 95 pound wife ALWAYS wears a dress AND orders a Rib Eye...
What is funny, is the waitron ALWAYS puts the veggy dish in front of her, and serves me the steak.....

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I am a vegitarian.... My 95 pound wife ALWAYS wears a dress AND orders a Rib Eye...
What is funny, is the waitron ALWAYS puts the veggy dish in front of her, and serves me the steak.....

The waitress must be into stereotypes.

Lorileah
10-15-2012, 12:02 AM
I have noticed that I am a sloppy eater recently, does that count? I have dropped stuff on my...well..maybe because it projects more?

I do order things that I don't have to dab or wipe my lips as often (like fried Chicken...or spaghetti). I rarely eat red meats anyway except on special occasions.

Leslie Langford
10-15-2012, 12:15 AM
While my tastes in food and my eating desires are no different whether I am in male or female mode, when out as "Leslie" and dining in a restaurant, I tend to go with lighter fare of the type that a GG would also typically order.

Part of that is due to it being an extension of my efforts to blend in, and part of it is to maintain a lady-like appearance when eating while also not ruining my make up in the process. It's pretty hard to eat barbequed pork or beef ribs, slurp down spaghetti and meatballs, or chow down on a Burger King Big Whopper without it being a pretty messy and inelegant exercise ;).

Cynthia Anne
10-15-2012, 12:33 AM
I never had a problem with what I eat! I can eat anything without gaining a Pound!

Diane Smith
10-15-2012, 02:51 AM
My tastes don't really change, but for the last couple of years I've almost always been wearing a corset when I dress, and that definitely affects how much I can eat without discomfort. Salads, and other foods that produce gas, are also right out of the question. The worst part is that it doesn't start to hurt until an hour or two after I have eaten -- I need to remember to restrain myself at the table even though my appetite remains hearty!

- Diane

HollyH
10-15-2012, 03:20 AM
My tastes don't change, but I will be more picky of the types of food I get when dressed. I tend to be a messy eater normally, and so I try to avoid foods that will be sloppy. My first time out with friends, we went to lunch at an oriental grill, and got something with a lot of noodles. Bad idea, I got really self conscious and felt like I was giving myself away.

Kelley
10-15-2012, 05:05 AM
This is a great question. I thought about this while at Outback's eating by myselfe en femme. I thought; I feel like a lady but I am eating like a man. I wondered if it would give me away but then I remembered that the hairy arms an male voice has already done that so bon appetit.

linda allen
10-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Mimi and I attended a very enjoyable dinner with a group of CDers a few evenings ago. At this and other dining events I notice that most of the entrée choices were in the chicken and seafood categories by both the CD and GG diners. Not many steaks being consumed at our table!

Does dressing affect your choice of entrée? Do these tastes carry over to times when you dine in drab, or do you revert to "manlier" fare at those times?

Since I don't (yet) go out dressed (as a female), I can't really say, but I will say this - When my wife and I eat out - she is the one ordering steak while I am more apt to order seafood or chicken.

At home, of course, we generally eat the same thing.

Kate Simmons
10-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Funny that when we are en femme, we are prone to consensus like most women are in groups. We tend to eat healthier as well. When we are guys we project the independent image and tend to "dig in" full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes. Go figure.:heehee::)

Ressie
10-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I thought this would be about not shoveling food into the mouth like men do, keeping only wrists on the table and basic etiquette. But it's still an interesting question.

suchacutie
10-15-2012, 10:01 AM
For me it is the "neat" issue. Tina just does not eat chicken wings, for example, nor anything else that would be "sloppy" finger food. She also doesn't drink beer much, now that I think about it. So for Tina the limitation is only a tidy factor, and also keeping the volume of the food down to make sure she is never uncomfortable!

Did I mention that Tina is rather high maintenance??? :)

IngeInCO
10-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I eat like a horse...and have even eaten horse lol!
I don't like messy food whether in drab or femme. Salad is before dinner not a meal

Beverley Sims
10-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I have similar habits when en femme.
I will order an entree that does not need two hands and elbows to tackle.
Just a small fork and small portions so as not to consume too much lipstick and remain petite?
I do not go for giggly girly feel or talk though.

Sarah Doepner
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm another one of those who tends to be unable to keep food off my face and clothing if it has a high splash coefficient. When I've been out dressed en femme, I've tried to not have so much in my mouth at once that I can't answer questions or embarrass others at the table. I also try to reduce my visits to the ladies room, so it's always good to not have to wash and reapply makeup after eating. So it's small bites of what I normally eat; chicken, fish, veggies, red meat, even soups and pasta if I'm careful.

RebeccaLynne
10-15-2012, 01:06 PM

My crossdressing definitely influences my eating habits, although not as to dining en femme; I'm referring only to the choice of eating healthier.

I don't do sweets. Cakes, pies, doughnuts, ice cream... just don't care for 'em.

I choose beef, pork, chicken, and fish. Prepared spicy and tangy. Portion size is important; eat to be satisfied, not stuffed. Vegetables. Fresh, steamed, or grilled. Fruits.

I believe in weight control through CD'ing... I don't want to look fat in women's size 8: I'd love to wear sixes, but I simply have an affinity for micro-brewery craft beers; I blame it on genetics.

I'm Irish!:drink:

Paulette
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
I eat the same no matter how I am dressed, I do however stay away from foods that would ruin my make up.

Debglam
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM

It does, but not because of my tastes. I won't order anything I have to eat with my hands because it is just too messy! Also, I eat pretty healthy and keep a close eye on my weight for cycling. I am really vain though when dressed and I tend to eat even lighter than normal because the last thing I want is a "food baby" showing through my top!

Maybe not vain so much as the fabrics and cut of women's clothing is pretty unforgiving!

rachaelsloane
10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I go out regularly in SF and it's more what's in the neighborhood I'm in that decides where to eat and can go from Pizza to Steak. I try not to eat real messy foods anyway.

~Joanne~
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM

Great question Eryn! finally a thread with some meat! pun intended lol

My eating habits don't change based upon what I am wearing :) of coarse no one sees me eating in the closet lol If I were out and about though, I seriously doubt it would change much. I am rather picky about what I eat to begin with.

On a side note, it's always great to hear that You and Mimi are out there enjoying life :)

Stephanie47
10-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I like my steak-period. And, all three generations of women in my family will eat steak over chicken any day-period.

Eryn
10-21-2012, 01:25 AM
I find the responses so far interesting. One thing that resonates for me is the selection of food that is neater to eat. I don't want to get my fingers or makeup messed up with awkward foods like ribs.

My late grandmother said "A lady is able to eat anything with knife and fork." but she probably would have been distressed to learn that I was the lady in question.

Daisy41
10-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I am becoming more conscience of what I order. I choose less crumbly foods and prefer to eat with utensils. I also have to avoid eating my hair from my wig.