PDA

View Full Version : Corsets 101, any advice

britney1
11-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Ladies,

I just received a new corset from Glamour Boutique. Very nice quality for the money by the way. Obviously in an ideal world, a partner would definately come in handy when lacing it up. But, since I live in a closet, I don't have that luxury. Any advice on putting on a corset to give it the best look? My one trial run was ok, but definately could be better. Just looking for some tricks of the trade.

Thanks

Shelly Preston
11-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Britney

Try the axfords web site

I have attached a link

http://www.axfords.com/Site/index.cfm/fuseaction/Info.Read/Topic/Put_On.cfm?CFID=28693130&CFTOKEN=90781190

Toyah
11-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Pull the middle strings top and bottom set evenly. Then starting from the top set pull in each set of crossing laces untill you get to the middle then pull from the bottom. Dont go mad in one go and take it easy. You will find that after half an hour or so you can pull in more again do not go mad and find the level that you can comfortably handle. Hope this helps hun

TGMarla
11-25-2005, 02:44 PM
It's a good thing YOU were at home to intercept the package from Glamour Boutique when it arrived, or your wife probably would have hit the roof with you again. Geez, what a row that would have been! I don't have a corset, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you there.

PaulaJeanette
11-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Britney,

I once read somewhere that to help with tightening of the corset strings in back, devise a hook-like mechanism that you can attach to a fixed point, such as a door handle. Once you have the corset on, you can hook onto the appropriate string then pull away from door, etc.

Like anything else we do, it will require some practice. I know it sounds complicated, but think about the first time you hooked on your bra. Today, I can put on my waist nipper with 14-hooks in back as though it were a two hook bra...very little effort and problems.

Of course, Britney, you MUST show us a picture in your new corset.

Enjoy,

PaulaJeanette

Bonnie D
11-25-2005, 03:04 PM
My corsets have hooks. I put it on with the back in the front and hold my stomach all the way in while hooking from bottom up. When that's done I slowly pull it around so that the back is in the back and the front in front. :)
I then put my arms through the straps and hook the garters to my stockings.
Ta-dahhhhh!

I don't have one with the cords, they look like you would need someone else to tie them in back for you because of the tightening process.

Bonnie

Rachel Morley
11-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Britney,

Here's a link.
http://www.melanies-tv-zone.com/features/tiedup/corsetindex.htm

Keep practicing and be patient with yourself. The trick is in keeping the lacing even, i.e not too pulled in at the middle but not enough at the top and bottom.

Good luck

Lilith Moon
11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Britney,

I once read somewhere that to help with tightening of the corset strings in back, devise a hook-like mechanism that you can attach to a fixed point, such as a door handle. Once you have the corset on, you can hook onto the appropriate string then pull away from door, etc.
PaulaJeanette

My corset laces have two loops, so I use a half open door and hook them, one on each doorknob. Then lean to tighten the laces.

britney1
11-25-2005, 04:38 PM
It's a good thing YOU were at home to intercept the package from Glamour Boutique when it arrived, or your wife probably would have hit the roof with you again. Geez, what a row that would have been! I don't have a corset, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you there.

That's why it's really nice to have a business P.O. Box to receive my packages. Relieves the stress of trying to catch the UPS guy

Jakie_Rose
11-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi Britney

He is a good link for the proper way to lace a corset . I have change the way mine is laced to this method and got better results with it

http://www.waspcreations.com/howtol.htm

Hugs

Jakie

Ellisia_Lynch
11-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Jakie's right - I changed my corset lacing & this works much better.

I also find if you wear something under the corset to line it, it will glide & tighten easier as opposed to pulling against your skin. It doesn't have to be bulky - even hose with the legs & crotch cut off will do the trick.

Can we see photos of the corset - I have been wanting to get one from GB for a while as they are half the price as anywhere else I've found. Is it as good as others you can buy off the shelf? Is the boning strong and sturdy unlike the cheaper ones made for GGs?

Ellisia

Bernadina
11-26-2005, 12:49 AM
I've found that wearing some kind of corset liner under my corsets makes the corset wearing a lot more comfortable. I bought mine as tube tops from the lingerie department. Here is a link which explains it better.

http://www.waspcreations.com/cliner.htm

Diann
11-26-2005, 03:52 AM
I use three sets of laces and tie them separately since I have to do it by my self too. Diann

jo_ann
11-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I bought the same corset like 3 weeks ago, and it's really not that hard. I start by pulling them all evenly tight, then working my way from the top to the middle, and bottom to the middle (helps if you hold onto the loops or they might get pulled back in and you'll get confused what string to pull on). Plus if you bought it from the same place, they should have come with 3 pages of instructions on how to use it silly. I love the comment "by careful when lacing it without help as you might get stuck and have to call the fire department to get out of it".. Only way for that to happen is if you somehow got a knot and couldn't get a pair of scissors back there.

Maid Barbara
12-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi,
I agree with Lilith, I hook the loops on a door Knob to keep the laces under tension, then hook the laces as they cross and pull. Work from top to middle then bottom to middle. Do this as many times as you need to.
Good luck.
Maid Barbara.

dawnmcdaniels
12-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Tie them to the gutter and jump from the roof....Then after they are snug just tie them tight! LMAO I too have a problem tying one as the strings are in the back..I get my GG to do it.

Raychel
12-03-2005, 08:50 AM
I must admit that I have always wanted a corset, But I never knew just how I would get it tightened. Maybe with the help of the posts in this thread, I might just give it a try someday. But for now I can only imagine how great it must feel.