PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Like A Woman Or Man?

Victoria P
10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi,
having posted a number of threads and replied to others,I can see some traits in certain replies and comments.Some seem to be written by women and some by men.

I believe some of us think more like women while others retain our male thoughts and thought processes. When dressed I think like a woman all the time.
Of course life often limits this and forces us to think as our biological gender more than some of us would like.

As I age I think much more like a woman,as I've been told I do by co-workers,relatives and friends. I know I am sensitive to my own and other's suffering,hate hostility,conflict and selfish ,inconsiderate people.I am mostly gentle and avid confrontation as much as I can.

My question therefore is ' Do you think more like a woman or man? or have a balance of both?"

Thought this would be interesting to see the results,

Thanks for your time,Hugs Vicki xoxo

bridget thronton
10-16-2012, 08:45 AM
As much as i would like to think i do not think like a man - I often disappoint some of my female friends because I do not think like a woman (I guess I am some where in between)

May(be)
10-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm against the idea that one thinks "like a woman" or thinks "like a man". The gendering of thought is probably what led society to be fractured and rigid in its perceptions in the first place. Either/or dualities keep us from realizing our full potential as people.

But then again, the female brain and male brain are physically and structurally different from the other, so maybe i'm just being naive.

linda allen
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I think like a man but since I've been dressing more (and around my wife), I am more kind and sensitive. I like it.

Jenniferpl
10-16-2012, 08:56 AM
According to my wife, even though she said there is a lot of woman inside of me, I think like a guy. Or to put it another way, a guy with a strong desire to dress as a woman.

Cynthia Anne
10-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I quit thinking a long time ago! It just gets me in trouble!??????????

EllenJo
10-16-2012, 09:17 AM
I am somewhere in between. I still think like a guy in a lot of ways but am also more sensitive than most of my male friends. I also have several female friends that I am able to relate to which I find nice.

Beverley Sims
10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I have always thought like me.
I go down the street and admire female fashions on women and in stores.
I do not look in men's shops or admire the male populace at all.
I like seeing a good drag show or girl show but when I go with a bunch of women to see male strippers I fake the enjoyment to blend in.

janet54
10-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I do not know how a woman thinks. None of us could. We try to think like a woman. But how do we really know.

linda allen
10-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I do not know how a woman thinks. None of us could. We try to think like a woman. But how do we really know.

Live with one for 35 years and you'll know. :D

Meghan
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm against the idea that one thinks "like a woman" or thinks "like a man". The gendering of thought is probably what led society to be fractured and rigid in its perceptions in the first place. Either/or dualities keep us from realizing our full potential as people.

But then again, the female brain and male brain are physically and structurally different from the other, so maybe i'm just being naive.

I think this is a great point. Ultimately, even if I were thinking like a woman, how would I know how a woman thinks, and how is it different?

Communication, on the other hand, is a different issue. Lots of posts here are very verbose and are about "girly" topics, obviously. There are some writers who absolutely communicate like GG women I know. The verbosity, the descriptive adjectives and the details they notice are quite feminine in their structure and subjects.

Personally, I do know that sexually, I am not aroused by visual imagery like men. I love reading, hearing, talking and experiencing intimate things and stimulating my brain through the experience. Not that men don't do this, some do, but most don't (that I know of). My wife and I have talked about this since we met because she picked up on it right away. That suggests to us that my brain is wired differently than most generic males. Whether or not it's like a female's brain is unknown for sure.

Meghan

Gina X
10-16-2012, 10:06 AM

I know the problem !!

Karren H
10-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Since I'm not one.... I really don't know how women think..... I do know that I don't think like my wife.... I have no clue wtf she is thinking most of the time! lol.

Kate Simmons
10-16-2012, 10:16 AM
There are two sets of neural pathways in my brain. They are intertwined and inter-connected. By virtue of this, my thinking is additive and much more than just a man or woman alone. I was previously fragmented but by hard work and dedication, essentially re-wired my brain to be the person I have become today. To answer your question, I think like both or neither depending on what the circumstance calls for. I am more or less my own person and independent. :)

Marleena
10-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Since I'm not one.... I really don't know how women think..... I do know that I don't think like my wife.... I have no clue wtf she is thinking most of the time! lol.

Probably better you don't know! Same goes for me.:D

suchacutie
10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
The research my wife and I have read indicates that there are differences between the "average" organizational thought patterns of women and men. There is also the well-defined urge for men to "slay the dragon" which translates into modern life as "solve the problem and move on".

One of the items that led us to understand that I was transgendered (or bigendered) is that my organizational skills can adampt themselves to women or men supervisors that I had reporting to me.

The differences in my thinking have led us to understand which parts of my thought process belong to Tina and which don't. My wife has had conversations with both of my gendered selves to see if the same topics generate the same opinions/results. Interestingly enough, some topics did generate the same opinions, but others did not!

It seems to me very likely that all of us will have different opinions on this, parallel to the spectrum of opinions we have about our transgenderdness (if that is a word). It seems likely that those of us who have completely transitioned and live as women would much more likely be thought, by others, to think like and BE women. Those of us who live in two genders likely have parts of our thought, on some sort of sliding scale, that would classically be associated with women and part that would be associated with men.

This is really a fascinating part of being transgendered, and is probably the best documented and studied!

Tracii G
10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
My two ex wives told me I was hard to argue with because I argued like a woman.I would remember times and dates and little things like they did.
I never thought much about why I would do that but they both found it frustrating.
I don't think I could ever truly think like a woman because I am not one.
Women are very complex and wonderful, trying to understand them would ruin the fun.
Put it this way it seems I relate better to women than most of my male friends do.
I guess women think I'm gay and non threatening.IDK.

Wildaboutheels
10-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Like a man.

And having read Mars/Venus [twice], I would find life very difficult if my thoughts were along the lines of how MOST women think.

When one [and I have seen this in MOST women] allows their "feelings and emotions" to OFTEN overrule their logic or better judgement, it's a prime recipe for MISunderstanding. As in hearing what you WANT to hear. And in seeing what you WANT to see.

It's pretty obvious that many who participate here, think along these lines. Totally understandable really and quite illuminating at a Forum where many, even those that have no tempation at all to transition, seem to "like" their female self, better than their male self.

I'd be willing to bet that reading Mars/Venus could/might help many here with any "issues" they have with their SOs, CD related or in general.

Stacy L
10-16-2012, 11:04 AM

It all depends on what I'm thinking about. lol

Thera Home
10-16-2012, 11:32 AM
My question therefore is ' Do you think more like a woman or man? or have a balance of both?"

Hi Victoria
I believe Im getting better at balancing both, I enjoy being able to bouce from one to the other at times when either or is necessary. This way I don't feel restricted by either one:D

Thera

ArleneRaquel
10-16-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't know how woman think, but I do know that I don't think like most males that I know. :)

Jocelyn Quivers
10-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Same here, especially when those thoughts come out of my mouth. :eek: Back to the original question male brain in this bod.

xdressed
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I think I'm pretty much in the middle but lean more to the male side than female. I've noticed a lot of the things that say, a male comedian is likely to point out about women in relationships apply to me far more than my girlfriend (things like perfect memory and hogging the bed) but overall I'm more male oriented, particularly with emotional issues.

Sarah Doepner
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm reminded on a daily basis that I don't think properly or about the right things, ever. I have discussions with my wife and she can't understand why I don't respond like she would have in any situation. Even if I try to focus my thoughts on our loved ones, I'm unable to drag up the issues she is concerned over. Nope, I can't think like she does, even if I try. But then she can't think like me and occasionally I do get something right.

Alicew
10-16-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't know how woman think, but I do know that I don't think like most males that I know. :)

This ^^^ so much this ,i like to think i think like me but i have no idea what that is.

BillieJoEllen
10-16-2012, 12:54 PM
My thought is that we all think like individuals whether male or female. There are some characteristics that probably could define 'male thought' or 'female thought'.

In my own life I had to struggle to amplify those characteristics of 'male thought'. If I knew then what I know now....

KellyJameson
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Being part of nature we are designed to procreate so how someone thinks and feels is partly shaped by the forces of procreation in their lives and this is true regardless of being heterosexual or homosexual, the urge is there only the target changes.

I have noticed a number of men talk about how they became strongly interested late in life with crossdressing and I wonder if this is due to dropping testosterone levels that than expose the more feminine disposition underneath.

With others the male sex hormones take the feminine disposition and they sexualize the crossdressing.

Remove the sex hormones and the person that was there before puberty emerges.

Any differences in thinking between men and women I would think come from the sex hormones and how they shape the brain during fetal development and than throughout life.

Some men and women are very competitive with their own sex in relationship to the opposite sex while others are not and in my mind this is partly influenced by sex hormones.

Aggression is common to both sexes but different from person to person and once again I think the sex hormones play a role.

I was born with an absence of sex homones and this has clearly shaped my mind where I feel foreign in relationship to most others and do not share in what is commonly valued.

There is a large part of being human from a sexual stand point that was left out of me but this was replaced by something else that seems to be found almost exclusively in women but I have it even more than women and it is thought of as those aspects of nurturing which become very intense in the absence of sex hormones.

Two forms of connectivity, one is sexual and the other is not so in the absence of one the other is greater.

Sex is an undercurrent that influences what we notice, how we act and what we feel and or think. You cannot cut it out of you by choice but when it is not there you experience yourself and others very differently.

I think of it as the difference between emotional tunnel vision that sex causes where you always are being influenced by the sex hormones compared to emotional peripheral vision where you experience everything.

It is a very Zen experience of living without wants but still having the desire to be part of life because you feel connected to everything.

Sex and the experience of gender seem to be separate but yet interrelated where they shape each other yet pull against each other.

dallasmann
10-16-2012, 02:40 PM

What a brilliant point. While there are some differences in brain physiology, you're correct in stating that a majority of thoughts become engendered because of socialization. Because of reproductive motivations, there is some gender-based thinking that's divergent at birth for most (then subsequently influenced by societal forces, of course), but the process of thinking is hardly gender-specific, even if our choices and decision-making are or seem to be.

Debb
10-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Sadly, depressingly, I don't think like a woman, at least not stereotypically. It's all wishful thinking for me.

Brianna612
10-16-2012, 02:42 PM
After reading all this I don't know what to think???

Samantha43
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
I think like a man.

How women think is a mystery to me. I have been trying to understand the female thought process for 35 years and I'm no closer to understanding it now than I was back then.:strugglin

Lorileah
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
seeing as how I really don't know how anyone else thinks, be they male or female, I would have to say, I think like....me

Lorri_c
10-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Did anybody do the "sex ID find out how your brain works" from the BBC? It is a website to accompany a documentary on this very subject. It gives you a series of tasks to do and then matches it up against the normal results for women and men... I got 52% female 48% male when I did it, but then again my step mother got something like 70% male... google bbc sex id to do it if you like, good fun!

Lorileah
10-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think like a woman, at least not stereotypically.

There is the crux of the matter. You all are making assumptions based on what you THINK a person should think like. I love how people who want acceptance seem to always have preconceived notions of others.

Veronica27
10-16-2012, 03:35 PM

But then again, the female brain and male brain are physically and structurally different from the other, so maybe I’m just being naive.

I don't think you are being naive. The differences in brain structure simply mean that women are more adept at certain types of thinking and men are more adept at others. Men can visualize spatially, while women tend to have an advantage in verbalizing. Hence the tendency for men to excel at maths, while women do better in the languages. This of course is a simplification, but we are speaking here of tendencies. Both sexes can do maths within the limits of their own capabilities, and both sexes can develop language skills. If you present a man and a woman with the same problem, the man will tend to visualize the situation and rationalize a solution using logic. The woman will tend to utilize her intuition, instincts and reasoning abilities to formulate a solution. The difference has little to do with the topic, but more to do with the approach.

I agree that "think like a woman" or "think like a man" are meaningless expressions because they are not absolutes, but are just tendencies. These tendencies become more entrenched because of environmental factors. Boys are brought up to emphasize their masculine qualities and their approach to thinking, while girls are brought up to emphasize their feminine qualities and approach. The big difference is that boys are also instructed to suppress any of the feminine qualities while girls are encouraged to express their masculine qualities where appropriate.

Human nature is a huge collection of various qualities, capabilities, instincts and sensitivities. Every individual possesses each of these, but the relative extent of each can vary widely from individual to individual. This collection of human characteristics that we happen to possess in our own unique blend is what comprises our personality. Our culture, through the ages, has developed a system of categorizing some of these characteristics as being more applicable or useful to the male, while others are viewed as being more appropriate for the female. Some are looked upon as being useful to both sexes. When viewed in this light, it is logical that everybody, both male and female, possesses both masculine and feminine qualities.

It is unhealthy for an individual to totally suppress any aspect of their personality, and the stronger it might be, the less healthy that suppression becomes. Such suppresion leads to stress, which can eventually be a killer. Some men have discovered that the simple act of wearing female clothing, allows their mind to give vent to their more feminine qualities, while others have found alternate methods. Some never find any solution, but may require none because their feminine tendencies are much less pronounced. For the crossdresser, this need not have any connection with feeling like a woman, wanting to be a woman or being confused about one’s “gender”. It is purely the expressing of an aspect of their overall male identity that they are otherwise forced to suppress.

This is not so much a problem for women, because of the encouragement they recieve throughout their lives to express their masculine qualities. Also, excesses of certain personality traits or differences in brain development could lead to confusion as to one's mental concept of their sex. This has come to be referred to as transgenderism and in the extreme can lead to transexualism.

The “gendering” of thought is indeed sad, and everyone should be allowed to be who they are without any societal recriminations.

Veronica

Marissa V
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
I think like 'me' either way and thats hard enough... Well, not entirely true. I do seem to react differently, when dressed the sharp edge is gone so to speak. I usually am a very verbal person, outspoken opinions and so on, but when dressed up that hard edge dissapears (so my gf tells me).

JamieQ
10-16-2012, 07:24 PM
My wife always said that I think like a woman...I am starting to think so too.

julia marie
10-16-2012, 07:48 PM
While I can think that I feel somewhat like a woman, I can't really put myself into a woman's place without having had their life experience and, certainly, without having the same wiring in the brain that they have. Yes, I'm saying men and women think differently. No scientific proof, but it's a belief. The thought processes aren't better or worse for men and women, just somewhat different. I find women incredibly sexy, but at the same time I've always related better to them (as friends, not just lovers) than men. So, maybe dressing puts me just a bit closer to them.

kimdl93
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Having never been a GG I can't say that I know how a woman thinks. I know the stereotypical male and female models...but suspect that all of us, TG or not, can think in ways that may be characterized as male or female at different times and in different circumstances.

Mythic
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Sorry I will never know what it truly feels like to "Think like a woman" so I can't say.

JenniferLynn0370
10-16-2012, 11:32 PM
I would love to say I've never thought like a woman, but I have been told by family and coworkers more times than I can count that I think like a woman, process information like one, etc. I usually get that comment right after I do something that I don't give a second thought about. I've had to think at times and rehearse things in my mind so I can look/act like a man (demonstrating that I think like the man people think I am supposed to be)...I know for sure that there are those who see right through me; I see it especially with the other ladies in my office. I'm happy though; I've always been that way and it's just who I am!...and I love it!

Moxie
10-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Interesting question, but utterly pointless. I have a vast collection of close girlfriends and I can readily say we all think differently. Very differently.

In fact, the only thing we all really have in common is our utter confusion over how men think! That, and a lifetime of social engineering that let's us be more open with our emotions, words etc. Though, some of my younger male friends are less concerned about what society thinks and are happily in touch with their 'feminine' sides, too.

Whatever that means. :)

noeleena
10-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Hi,

There are some very major differences between men & women that are inherint in each of us,

Of cause the first is for us in regard to haveing a womb giveing birth , & the prep for such , & thats just the start of our differences , our thinking is very different no matter what some think . im not a male never thought as one nore could i because of my differences, never related to or with men & those i did get along with had to be very understanding ,

I belive some were though they did not know what made me tick though i have found out others did understand i was different. yes i was percived as a male because of how i looked, after that there was nothing that would say male .

I did not struggle with who i was i struggeled with haveing to be around men my saveing grace was i did learn about things or had a gift to work with my hands , could i talk thier langage well i had to to be able to learn & comunicate . yet there were details i walked away from , as some things that were said by them & unbeknown to them was i could not relate with thier talk about women & thier degrading of us, so i had to get away from that,

Even though then could i have said im intersexed, dought that very much , more like they would have thought i was nuts or belonged in a nut house, i learnt early keep my mouth shut, school no different, abused,

There are core issues that are only womens , & how many men understand us , those who are G P's & the like, & then only a few, i do know many men & one detail stands out they do not understand us , end of, they have no idear, & never will.

Psychologically ..Mentalally ..& Emotionally We are very different. how im wired how i think is so different & its there ,

We can compliment each other we can not do some things because of how our bodys are ,
I know some are saying they think like a woman , being one is very different, & for myself its in the being that seperates us .

The thinking side is one thing , its the core of who we are, that makes all the difference, & its whats in our makeup,

...noeleena...

Rianna Humble
10-17-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that I have never thought like a man - even when I was pretending to be one.

Apart from not really understanding what goes on in men's heads, I can base my opinion on what friends used to tell me whilst I was in denial. On more than one occasion a GG friend has said to the old me "It's easy to talk to you because you're more like a big sister".

I also tend to get very frustrated when I see obvious male posturing in discussions.

krissy
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
When dressed i think like a woman .it feels right .i should say i think like myself

Julie Denier
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I think like a man.

How women think is a mystery to me.

I'll second that -- except for the dressing, I'm all guy. A close second in the mystery derby is why I like to wear dresses ;)

angpai30
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I really don't know if I think like a woman or a man; I would guess that I think like both mostly male sometimes and mostly woman sometimes so I guess I'm self centered, lol!!! I don't think like most males do and I'm constantly getting told that people around me are starting to forget that I was once a dare I say it? a MAN? Um, no... I was never a man as most people I know say they never considered my gender because I was to feminine to be a guy and yet I was a straight male so most kind of thought me as an inbetweener. I have been told though that I have a "Male energy" but I act so much like a woman and look the part that they tend to look over that, which I don't know what they mean by that really.

Angela

Angela Campbell
10-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Did anybody do the "sex ID find out how your brain works" from the BBC? It is a website to accompany a documentary on this very subject. It gives you a series of tasks to do and then matches it up against the normal results for women and men... I got 52% female 48% male when I did it, but then again my step mother got something like 70% male... google bbc sex id to do it if you like, good fun!

I took the test here and scored as 50 towards the female side. It said the average score for women was the same and the average score for men was 50 on the male side.

sometimes_miss
10-17-2012, 11:02 PM
First, a disclaimer: None of this applies to everyone. There will be women who think as men usually do, and men who think like women usually do, but they are in the minority. I will not get into arguments should you insist that you think like the opposite gender. Now then.
Wow, what a thread full of misconceptions. While there are a few good lines of thought, for the most part, everyone seems to believe that 'thinking like a woman' is defined by thinking about topics that women think about more often than men do, such as relationships, clothing, being more sensitive, etc. But none of that involves HOW we think. Rather than re-write or quote entire books related to the differences between how males and females tend to think (and yes, I used the word TEND because like anything else, there's a bell curve at each end of the diagram, with some individuals in the middle as well), You can pick up simplified books by Barbara and Allan Pease about how men and women think differently, and if you want, look up their references to find out more (as I did).
A few items, simplified to keep from writing a whole page on each one. Women speak in indirect speech, men in direct. Women navigate by landmark, men with distance and direction. Women interpret speech more with sound and pitch, men with literal meanings of words. Men are way more visually oriented, as what we see defines our lives, while women are relationship oriented and define themselves by their relationships. Male speech is defined by specific statements and problem solving. Women's speech will often seem completely random to men, because they bond with each other through talking about, well, everything; it's not primarily used for problem solving as it is for men. Some other interesting observations: Men don't like change, except in their mates/partners. Women do like change, except in their mates. Women accessorize, decorate and change their home and themselves, and often buy plain cars (by which I mean, they do not accessorize and modify their cars). Men decorate, and change, their cars, while their home and their wardrobe remains pretty basic decorative wise (this last will be a bone of contention because all crossdressers will argue that point because of our large female attire collection, but in our male wardrobe, well, it's usually pretty DRAB as we all know in comparison to what women wear: Example is simply shoes. How many men have huge collections of mens shoes? Very, very few. But nearly every woman has at least ten pairs of footwear, usually more). For women, sexual activity is primarily about intimacy; for men, it's primarily about orgasm. Yes, both can enjoy both, but the primary drive is usually different for each.
Well, that should stir up the hornet's nest. Now go read some of the Pease's books, you'll be amazed at what you find.

Ceri Anne
10-17-2012, 11:22 PM
There is a lot of guy and a lot of girl in my thoughts. I have always been sensitive, and am attracted to decorating, musical theater and of course cloths, but I also have a very macho side to me. My wife and I have always joked that she thinks more like a man and I like a woman, now if I could just get that to translate into an open mind.............

Alice Torn
10-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Back when i had someone to date, it seemed like the women i dated were more manly than i was. I was always the sensitive one! " I tried to think, but nothin happened!" - Curley of the 3 stooges. Truth is, I think mway too much, and it gets me into depression. Sometimes i think more normal guy, but mostly way too sensitive, and woman like. I guess i am just me, a crossdrser from a family of hell.

STACY B
10-18-2012, 05:51 AM
How do I think ? I'm the worse kind of person on earth ,,I got a mean girl brain an a big girl mouth an the body of a man to back it up ,,, America's Most Dangerous Kind !! LOL,,,,

miss robyn
10-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I would say that I think more like a woman then a man, but while at work I try to be manly as possible.

Madam Rose
10-18-2012, 04:49 PM
I think more like a woman in which I think things through more and how they can effect people or what ever. It depends on the situation I mean. But mostly a girl though.

Brittany CD
10-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I think like a man, not a woman

Victoria P
10-22-2012, 03:35 PM
I think more like a woman in which I think things through more and how they can effect people or what ever. It depends on the situation I mean. But mostly a girl though.

Finally a great answer! Thanks hon for being brief but yes probably thinking like a woman if not very close to one and not knocking my question as some of the more 'manly' ladies in here have done lol

Hugs Vicki xoxo

Victoria P
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Lorileah,

you just answered my question by stereotyping many of us, particularly me!! Thanks!

I'd like to know what makes you an expert on these matters?

from what I see your answer is very typical and confrontational just like a man ' so I have an idea how you think!

Thanks dude' lol!

:)

Victoria P
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Very interesting reply makes a lot of sense. Thank you for helping clarify the fact that I do not think like my male friends,my brother, my uncles or co-workers for the most part.

I meet almost all of the above criteria in relation to how women think,act and live as stated above.
I always knew I was different,

Victoria xoxo

ReineD
10-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I believe some of us think more like women while others retain our male thoughts and thought processes. When dressed I think like a woman all the time.
Of course life often limits this and forces us to think as our biological gender more than some of us would like.

As I age I think much more like a woman,as I've been told I do by co-workers,relatives and friends. I know I am sensitive to my own and other's suffering,hate hostility,conflict and selfish ,inconsiderate people.I am mostly gentle and avid confrontation as much as I can.

Having not lived in a male body, it's hard for me to define what, specifically, is "thinking like a man". I do know that the men that I am close to experience the gamut of human emotion including love, compassion, the ability to nurture, a desire for peaceful resolution to issues, a generosity of spirit, sensitivity to others' pain, etc., in addition to being competitive, analytical, independent, sometimes aggressive when angered, etc. I also know women (including myself) who are competitive, analytical, independent, sometimes aggressive when angered, and who also demonstrate the first set of traits that I mentioned. Some women communicate poorly, and some men are excellent communicators.

I do not believe there are thinking patterns or personality traits that are exclusive to just one gender, although it is true that young boys might not want to be too "touchy-feely" with their friends on the football team. But, these boys do grow up to be nurturing fathers. And not all women fall into a puddle of emotion when things go wrong in their worlds. The basic differences between both genders are in the realm of attraction, sex, and biological functioning. There is a wide range to everything else.

Edit - I'm not wanting to get into a competition of who is more "female-acting" than who, since both women and men can be confrontational, but how can you call someone a "dude", when you clearly are being confrontational by your very remark? :p

I'd like to know what makes you an expert on these matters?

from what I see your answer is very typical and confrontational just like a man ' so I have an idea how you think!

Thanks dude' lol!

Ddannie
10-22-2012, 04:41 PM
I think differently when femininely dressed (or at least I think I do). My "dressed" thinking has more of the female thought patterns described by others here. As others have mentioned I can only truly say is I think like me all of the time and my thinking is affected by dress, environment, stress etc... Life is more interesting thinking about things in different ways to me.
D

mike~the~islandman
10-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I guess I tend to switch sides, when I go into any specific perspective. Definitely dressing up as a woman can lead me to believe I'm no longer thinking like a man. Personally, I never really think from any kind of spectrum. So many factors (personal philosophies, experiences, literature etc) can be more dominant when I make decisions...

But, I guess I think like a woman mostly ^_^

ElleduSud
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
If you want to know if you think like a man or a woman, then take the tests. There are several of them, available to be administered by psychologists and reputable education companies:

Myers-Briggs
EQSQ
DiSC
Even the old 7 Habits training.

None of these are designed specifically to test for brain gender. They test for personality, communication styles, interests, reasoning abilities, etc. In other words, all the stereotypical factors that make up the social construct of gender. But all of these tests are well established with statistics from millions of participants over decades. And they all provide cumulative statistical results by sex.

All you have to do is check what percentage of men have your same test results, compared to what percentage of women have your same test results. If your results are historically matched by 32.4% of men and 67.6% of women, then yes, you probably do think like a woman sometimes.

If you take all 4 of theses tests, and you CONSISTENTLY obtain results in the 0.02% of men and the 99.98% of women range, then you definitely think like a woman.

Even better than just your test results, several of these tests may include peer evaluations, as well. When those results are a factored into your test scores you will learn how others perceive you, and these services provide statistics on that by sex, too. So, you will learn if your behavior and communication, as perceived by others, and not just your internal thought processes, are historically more aligned with women than men.

Regardless of your gender curiosity, the results of these tests provide very good self knowledge that will improve your ability to interact with others - on the job, at home, everywhere. Most large employers will pay for you to have these tests, as their value in improving work relationships and cooperative initiatives has been well proven. When you get your next performance review or craft your career development plan for 2013, make sure you indicate you need/want some of this testing in order to improve your work effectiveness. If your employer won't, or can't, pay - then pay for it yourself and deduct it from your taxes.

Another thought to keep in mind, the use and acceptance of these tests in the general business world may be something you can use in discussions with your employer about transgender issues and any desires to transition or dress on the job.

If your employer has already paid for these types of tests in the past, even if they didn't provide testing for you, but did for other employees, then you can prove that they consider the results to be valid. If your results over several of these tests do show a significant, recurring correlation to the opposite sex, they can be used as additional support to "prove" that your transness is a very real thing, and is not just a letter from your local psychologist. If your testing included peer evaluations and the results of those peer evaluations had a strong correlation with the opposite sex, it makes it much easier for HR or your boss to believe that "you are still the same person" on the job no matter how you are dressed. This is especially true if your employer did pay for you to be tested in the past, say 10-15 years ago, or in the case of Covey, you were "trained". Your old test results can clearly show that your femininity has remained constant over time, it was perceived by others regardless of how you dressed and has not been a hindrance on your job performance.