PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Service

joebee
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Girls, im new to this forum,
i am married with children and i have been dressing for many years, but as the children are getting older i am finding the opportunity to dress difficult,
i have only dressed in the privacy of my home while been by my self but now i would love to step up a level and learn to apply make up and eventually go out in public.
I live in the West Midlands UK, and wondered if any of you girls could recommend a good dressing sevice.

Joebee

Carla Stevens
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Joebee, welcome to the forum from a fellow UK girl.:D
I can't recommend anywhere in the Midlands, as I live in the North West, but if you don't mind a bit of a drive 'up north' I can recommend Dee Selecta in Bolton. www.deeselecta.co.uk
Last November I paid a visit & this was the first time that I had dressed infront of anyone.:eek:
I've made many more visits during last winter for one of Dee's regular Saturday social gatherings, even arriving dressed a few times.
Dee & staff are very understanding & helpful & will make you feel at ease.

joebee
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi Carla, thanks for the info, i have come across their web site before and it does look an impressive place, its only the distance thats put me off, but having a recommendation i might just bite the bullet and take a trip up their

Carla Stevens
10-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I visited Dee's after another girl on this forum mentioned what a great place it was. I'd never heard of Dee's before & didn't realise there was anywhere in my area other than 'the expensive CD'ing shop in Manchester'.
On one of my visits, a girl had come all the way from Newcastle for a make-over as there wasn't anywhere local to her.

joebee
10-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi Carla, i have almost made my mind up to take the plunge to pick up the phone and make my first appointment, its just having the courage to finally dress in front of strangers for the first time but im sure i will get over the nerves lol.
How soon can they normally get an appointment ?
And is their easy parking nearby ?

Carla Stevens
10-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Joebee,
Dee can usually fit you in at short notice. Don't worry about being nervous...remember that any other girls you meet there will have been where you are now. Everyone remembers where they started.:bighug:
Believe me, it is so liberating to be able to dress in a safe & understanding environment away from the confines of the home.:D
If you feel more comfortable, you can request an appointment for when the shop is closed.
There is a free car park about 100 yds away from the shop that you can use. Just ask Dee for directions when you speak to her.

I'm having withdrawl symptoms, having not had a chance to dress since May due to work committments.
It'll be mid to late November before I get a chance to dress again & head to Dee's to meet up with some other girls.:cry:

Make that call....you won't regret it.:thumbsup:
Enjoy your experience.

Carla

EDIT:
I should have added that identifying the entrance door to Dee's can be a little confusing.
There is a sign above the doorway, but the more predominent sign above & each side of the door is for 'Farnworth Signs'. Don't worry though as they are on the ground floor & Dee's is upstairs. Simply go through the doors from the street, turn right & go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs Dee's is the doors to your right. You will need to push the buzzer & you will be buzzed in.:D
Below is an image from 'Bing Streetside' showing the entance to Dee's. The car park entrance is to the far left of the photo.
Hope this helps.