PDA

View Full Version : I guess I look like my sister after all

Miss Trudy
10-18-2012, 06:24 AM
My mother has Alheimzers and is in an extended care facility (fancy name for a nursing home). My sister take turns visiting her. Both my sister and my mother knows about Trudy, well Mom did when she was well, so I have no qualms about being en femme around them and even when visiting her in the nursing home. The staff knows and besides what do I care what hey think anyways?

I went yesterday to visit Mom and she kept calling me Sharon, my sister's name. I never realy thought much about it but when I got home I took a look in the mirror and there was my sister staring back at me, granted a few pounds lighter :), hair a bit longer and lighter, boobs a little smaller and perkier :o, and God knows much more fashionably dressed:D but there was the family resemblance. I did call her later to talk about Mom and mentioned it to her and she said she saw the resemblence quite a ways back, I never did.

Are we blinded by the image we see or it is the image we want to see?

Do any of you girls look like your sister?

Kate Simmons
10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
I look a lot like my Mother when she was younger.:)

BLUE ORCHID
10-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Trudy, Many times I thought that I saw my mother or sister looking back
at me in the mirror depending which wig that I was wearing that day.

Ms Deidre
10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
I have 3 sisters all older than I am and there is definitely a family resemblance among us. :) I am not sure it was there years ago but now that I have been on HRT for years I see it a lot. They all tease me about being the "little" sister in two ways, age and bra size. :battingeyelashes:

linda allen
10-18-2012, 09:15 AM
I have no sisters and I never thought of comparing myself to my (late) mother. I think I'll dig out some old photos of her and take a look. The problem is, of course, the hairstyles and clothing back then were way different.

~Joanne~
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
A couple of halloweens ago, I went out fully en femme. My GF didn't say much about it one way or the other but she did say how scary it was that I looked like my little sister. Different hair style and clothing style but I could see the resemblance. When my sister does go the whole nines, she can be a very pretty woman, so I have this advantage that if I can get my make up down, I may look a lot like her and might even pass here and there. time will tell.

sometimes_miss
10-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Yup. Didn't when I was young, but sure do now.

Michelle V
10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
My Mom when young, just took some pics and noticed it

Tracii G
10-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I look a lot like my Mom when I'm dressed and I'll take that any day.
My Mom and her sister were models back in Cleveland Ohio in the 1930's.
I was told by one of my older brothers that my parents were hoping for a girl before I was born.
I think my Mom would have been cool about me being a CD she always had a wicked sense of humor.

Beverley Sims
10-18-2012, 10:50 AM
When I was twenty I just looked like a girl and any guys that knew me had to be introduced and convinced it was me in drag.
Not my imaginary sister.

xdressed
10-18-2012, 10:52 AM
My sister is a couple of years younger than me, so technically she looks like me ^_^

Barbara B
10-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I always see my youngest sister staring back when I look in the mirror these days.

Amanda_P
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
I have 1 sister and she is the oldest of us kids. 5 in all. Now I see what everyone was talking about. We all look alike. Only bad thing is my sister would never win a beauty contest. LOL

biggirlsarah
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I am the middle one of three , two sisters , and on many occasions I have said to my wife oh my god I look so much like my little sister , how uncanny is that . maybe its in the genes?

Debra Russell
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Yep, me too - 3 sisters an we all look alike, even strong resemblance in nephews and nieces and my mother. Thats how I eased into being Debra. I found a blond wig at goodwill and tried it on in the store !!!! zingo I couldn't believe my eyes ----- my sister was looking back !! I had been looking for a way (hence the wig) to tell/show the wife about Debra and this was it - the first and only time she accompanied me out enfemm, after that it was just Q&A time and a level of acceptance that sort of works. E-mailed a pic to all my sisters -- they all said I was supposed to be a girl anyway, they don't know the extent that I go to but yess strong family trates and kinda cool.........................Debra

P.S. I'am the pretty one, tee hee

Leann68
10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Much unlike most of your comments I do not look any thing like my Sister. However that being said I do Look like my Daughter, just about 30 years older.
I was out in Denver Colorado and had a Makeover done at a place called Studio Lights, After they had completed their magic I looked in a mirror, First I was shocked to see a Woman, and second I saw my Daughter with a few more years on her.
If you are ever in Denver or traveling through I recommend Studio Lights as a great place to get a Makeover or shop for something sexy, they are wonderful people and are very professional and friendly. They even offered to let me go out with them to the local clubs. This was my first makeover and had no idea what to expect, from the minute I walked in they made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Angela Campbell
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM

I think I might BE my sister......OK I never had one but if I did it would be me.

WyrmQueen
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't have a sister but I'm so much prettier than my brother. =P

UNDERDRESSER
10-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah, big family, and the resemblance is pronounced. My brother looks like me when he puts on my glasses, i could probably do the same with my sisters glasses.

sandra-leigh
10-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I have a family resemblance to my sister, people can recognize that we are related. I do not "look like her", though -- though my wife says I do. However, take off my glasses and take a picture of my face looking up slightly (as most people would normally be looking, as I am 6'), and my face looks a lot like my mother's face looked just 3 years ago (she added more wrinkles since then.) Yeah, I look like a 70-ish year old woman.

Jorja
10-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Just before my father passed away a few years ago, I was sitting in his room. He woke up for a while and called me by my mother's name. I said no dad it's Jorja. He said I looked so much like her he thought it was her.

TeriAnn
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I saw my Mom looking back at me the first time I put on make up. Was very shocked. In a good way

docrobbysherry
10-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes, Trudy.

I ordered a new wig a while ago. Altho I don't resemble my sister at all and I wear a mask anyway, I tried on the wig and saw my sister in the mirror! Haven't worn it since!

heatherdress
10-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Trudy - It must be very hard for you visiting your mom. It touches me that you are able to visit as Trudy. I hope all your visits bring your mom joy.