PDA

View Full Version : crossdressing shows

TeriAnn
11-26-2005, 12:04 AM
What do you think of Maury Povich doing crossdressing shows? Is it cool or not so cool?

Bernadina
11-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Sorry, but I've never heard of Maury Povich. Can you provide more info please?

Sindy
11-26-2005, 12:38 AM
They're ok for me. Most of the cd's that they use in my opinon fall under the transexual catagory, due to their surgical implants. I would perfer a show that showed more of a real cd, one that has to either make or create their breasts from scracth and more of a serious type show that shows the struggles that we have when it comes to shopping, going out or just acceptance. When Maury does those shows it seems as if its a circus. With the crowd trying to guess which one was born a woman. Just would like to see the topic of crossdressing done more seriously. I remeber years ago, Montel Williams had a great show on crossdressers where the focus was on acceptance. Oprah has also done one also.

Kierci
11-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Thank You Sindy I dont think I could have said it any better, I agree completly!!!!

celeste26
11-26-2005, 02:35 AM
To show how old I am I remember the Phil Donohue show where he dressed up, yes the male show host dressed up himself completely and did the show(actually the staff I'm sure helped him). Now that was a show. Maurie Povich is not quite as bad a Jerry Springer (who I despise) far worse though than Oprah.

Diann
11-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Has anyone caught the HBO previews on gender scheduled for 12/06/05. I'm going to set my PVR. Who is Larry any way. Diann

KatieZ
11-26-2005, 06:38 AM
They're ok for me. Most of the cd's that they use in my opinon fall under the transexual catagory, due to their surgical implants. I would perfer a show that showed more of a real cd, one that has to either make or create their breasts from scracth and more of a serious type show that shows the struggles that we have when it comes to shopping, going out or just acceptance. When Maury does those shows it seems as if its a circus. With the crowd trying to guess which one was born a woman. Just would like to see the topic of crossdressing done more seriously.

/\ I agree.

The only thing I can add to that is that any shows on CDing are at least bringing CDing into the public focus. As long as we are getting recognition we are gaining acceptance.

Hugs

Veronica E. Scott
11-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I did'nt vote because I don't get to watch day time tv I do know who Maury Povich is he is married to that georgus woman Connie Chung wow.

eleventhdr
11-26-2005, 08:19 AM
I have vagely heard that name. But do not know what he she is doing about this so can not say. What does he she do about crossdressing show's!? Suzy!.

Lauren Mitchell
11-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Problem with Povich, is that he is one step above Springer. Not worth the power to run the TV. Most of his shows are to scandalize people. Springer is just plain trash.

Williams and Oprah do try and run a good show. Oprah especially seems in touch with what CD's are all about.

But those shows still do not do us justice. I think there should be more, prime time TV, that shows what Crossdressing is about. Too often we are depicted as freaks or ****s or mental cases.

The Drew Cary show, as funny as it can be, had his 'brother' as a CD, but as the butt of jokes. Cpl Klinger of MASH, was based on a real life person who if memory serves correctly, was in the Navy, but still was a joke. The movie "White Chicks"?? I will not even dignify that one with a comment. The old TV show, "The Worlds Ugliest Woman" again treated CDing as a joke.

On the other hand CSI did a good show on how TS's were being taken advantage of. NCIS did a show about a sailor who was a CD and that was murdered. The subject was delt with in a professional and dignified manner. Barbara Streisland, did Yentil where she became a F2M CD just because she wanted to study the Tora (forbidden to women at the time the movie depicted).

Mainstream, prime time TV, needs to address our culture more in a positive light. I hope that in the near future, producers will wake up and realize that we are not pieces of meat for the picking, we are not mental cases, nor are we the targets for jokes.

That is just my opinion.
Lauren

mmandy31
11-26-2005, 01:16 PM
i never watched that show but i have watched maury before and his show is more on the serious side than jerry springer

BrendaChristine
11-26-2005, 09:10 PM
I would like to see more focus on CD's and TV's,besides Transgender. even a lot of the serious documentaries focus more on people interesting in changing gender as opposed to those of us who like living on both sides of the fence.

lawnmanmo
11-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes girls, especially you Sindy...I agree with you totally. The shows are really stupid in that sense thats its always the same type of pattern AND makeup. The "girls" are all TS and with their surgical enhancements its pretty obvious that they are MORE than CDs. There should be real CDs on the show showing what creative and real effort can do to make a man into a women. In my book the show really is garbage.
Jerry

Dixie Darling
11-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I agree with a lot of the respondees here. Maury's presentation of crossdressers, although usually dignified, leaves a lot to be desired in the area of informing the public as to what a crossdresser actually IS. Oprah, on the other hand, treats the subject with respect, dignity, and usually provides facts that are a lot better at explaining crossdressing (as well as it can be for the CD uneducated public) and the guests on the program are usually genuine heterosexual CDs.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

jo_ann
11-27-2005, 04:40 PM
springer used to do ok TG type shows with really beautiful female impersonators, but now it seems like it's mostly either crossdressers with serious issues (either they don't know what they want, or they're not honest with SO's before having sexual relations), or it's fake crossdressers "let's dress up bubba in a dress and have him pretend to be a crossdresser". I wish there were more shows like "he's a lady"

coco8132
11-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Myself I wish he'd go back to his original formula for those shows and focus on the girls that are there.He used to talk to them after they revealed their true gender, even if it was a brief encounter. Instead we get this incessant stupid "That's a man Maury", "I can tell a mile away","Adams apple Maury" comments from the audience. Actually there is probably more footage of the audience on those particular shows then of the girls. A few years ago he had this one girl who was apparently postop, she was absolutely gorgeous. She appeared on two of his shows.Have never seen her on the web. By the way, that's my little fetish--postops.

Billijo49504
11-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Jo ann, I think I saw the show on Springer, where they dressed up Bubba. Granted a lot of us don't look like models, I look like an old woman of 58, that has had a hard life. But bibtops and a blonde wig just make a mockery of all of us. That was when I quit watching. I think Maury is on when I'm working.

Julia Cross
11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Personally, I don't feel Maury Pauvich does crossdressers much good, usually it's all about getting people worked up, the guests are not shown in a positive light and the confrontation seems to be encouraged as it seems to be what they like. I agree that getting it on TV is exposure but at what cost?

There was a great reality program last year on Fox, He's a Lady. Initially I feared it would be a mockery as the weekly episodes appeared stereo-typical. However, after a few shows the participants really were appreciating the complexities of being a woman, they actually were getting quite emotional and overall the whole experience shed a very positive light on the effects on the men dressed as women. Some even said they enjoyed the dressing up. This show really was a great example of gender bending in a positive light.

Otherwise, keep an eye on SexTV or the Bravo and Showcase, they often feature transgender programming and often in a positive way.

julia

TeriAnn
11-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Well I guess I got my answer to my poll. Thanks for being so candid. Never did a poll just wanted to get your comments on the show. Thanks again

Daphne Renee
11-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Maury show is just ok.. most of the shows I have seen arent that great.