PDA

View Full Version : A wee bit long but encouraging for those frightful to go out...

JamieQ
10-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I leave early for college in case of flat tire or something since it is over an hour away. Got down there real early so I told myself take a stroll thru Walmart. I had on my usual outfit except I went in wearing the 3" high heels. I grabbed a cart and pushed it in. First stop women's restroom and then I casually strolled thru the superstore for about 45 minutes. Went extremely well again! I went over the way and pumped in some gasoline and then thought I would use the womens' restroom. I went in the station but it was closed due to construction. I was eyed by an older man but probably for only fact of wearing the heels.

After class I got dressed again and decided to try the mall again. I wore the high heels in and then changed into the nurse's shoes and used the womens restroom in the back of the mall. All went extremely well so I drove up to Kohl's and wore the high heels in. Stayed about an hour in there. I wanted to up the stakes a bit so I went to Kmart, again in the heels and bought something ( a new toilet seat of all things). Changed into a slightly longer denim skirt (to mid knee) and then went to the city park again. On way home parked a bit far from the post office and went in up the sidewalk stairs wearing the heels. The only responses I got today were "hi's" and smiles. I usually just smile back.

In it all I just want to add that I checked myself out in the mall mirrors everytime I got a chance and I still think I have that definite male shape. Just not enough butt and hips. Probably more people read me than I think, but if anyone its the 40ish aged women who seem to look the most. I passed people real close again, some really close, like 1 1/2ft. I must not stick out too much. I know the Kmart girl cashier did but she did not say a word, a smirk or nothing. I even looked back as I pushed the cart in its spot and she was not watching me.

My advice is simple; the heck with "passing" ( whatever that really means)... you may look quite manly, but, dress age, weather. etc. appropriate, walk with good posture, hold your head high and look at the people when they pass you (I do wear sunglasses though), but most importantly just stroll along at a real slow liesurely pace like you have a bunch of time to kill. You will highly value every second of this time though and after a time or two you will beg yourself to go out more and more... please play it safe. I think broad daylight is the safest and a larger number of people is probably less likely tocause you problems...unlike in the dark running into one individual... IMO...enjoy! I can do it so I know you can do it!:):):):Amanda

Cynthia Anne
10-18-2012, 11:43 PM
I read your story and I agree passing is not as hard as most thinks it to be! Just get your butt out there and enjoy it! Glad you had a good time!

Tracii G
10-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Going out enfemme is not that hard really and passing is relative and is not something I feel I have to do.
If you act the part most will view you as a female.Or a really ugly woman that is dressed nicely..........................J/K.

Beverley Sims
10-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Like Tracii says, dressed nicely but an ugly woman. I like that one.
Whatever the more you go out the more confidence you will acquire and you forget the little things that do not matter anyway.
A lot of girls in hiding do need some company to take them out, get away from that deer in the headlights syndrome.
So girls find a confidante and away you go.
It really is easy after the 5th time out. :)

Angela Campbell
10-19-2012, 02:31 PM
I have always wondered.....would you rather be an ugly woman or a nice looking man? For me an ugly woman would be very nice indeed.

Joanne.England
10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
A lovely story. thank you for sharing it. The more I read on here the more I think that it is we who have the fear / phobia about coming out and wearing what we really want to in public. Not that I could do it but so many people seem to have good experiences or no bad experience. Maybe society is more accepting!
Thanks again for sharing this.
Hugs
Joanne

JamieQ
10-19-2012, 06:25 PM
I think society has come a long ways in especially the last 10-20 yrs in regard to Cders, Tgirls, TS, or whatever term you deem appicable. I think it is not a big shock to see a CDer out in public. I think so many times the general public are not really sure if it was a man or a woman they just passed by. I almost always wear sunglasses and knee length skirts so they "assume" it was a woman they passed. Im about ready to scrap the sunglasses eventhough I cant pluck/shape the brows much. Maybe a bit of eye makeup, hairspray so the bangs somewhat cover them, some clearer girl glasses and go on. I was just told by another college's nursing student that I have gorgeous blue eyes. We just do not know where that gene ever came from, but family always told me I am very lucky. Blue eye shadow?

The worst thing that has happened so far happened today and it is not really even worth mentioning. I went to Salvacion Army and tried on a tan skirt. It did not quite fit so I left. As I got in the car I seen the 70+ y/o lady cashier with her face in the window and her neck stretched out to watch me. I smiled and waved at her as I pulled out. Other than that I go about anywhere now without any problems. The men, boys ,girls I get by really easy, its the 40 something women who seem to look a bit longer. Wearing the sunglasses inside was most likley the give a way for the clerk. Are they jealous? I know a bad experience will pop up unexpectedly eventually. Thats why I now prefer daytime and at least a little crowd. I feel someone would intervene if it got really ugly.:)

Wildaboutheels
10-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Most people's main concern is how you TREAT them. If you treat everyone you meet with respect and courtesy, [until they "clearly' demonstrate they are unworthy of it - "clearly" - sometimes being tricky] chances are they will give you a free "pass" no matter how you are dressed.

RitaJanelle1964
10-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Walmart stores in general have become such a freak show anymore more that I wonder why I ever got so worked-up about passing while shopping there in the first place--a man dressed as a woman at Walmart looks positively normal now...