PDA

View Full Version : A Week oF "Firsts"

Maureen
10-19-2012, 12:54 AM
While I have worn some makeup in public, shopped in drab, driven around late at night en femme, and had several makeovers where I left in drab, and one on Halloween where I drove home made up, I really pushed my personal boundaries this week.

I just got back from spending Monday through today in Las Vegas. The wife and I stayed at the Cosmopolitan.

On Monday, I got my first set of acrylic nails! They were applied by a sweetheart of a woman named Dina at the "Trendsetters" salon. She was so kind and kept me relaxed the entire time witha non-stop stream of "girl talk". I was in drab, but it was an awesome two hours and I left with a beautiful set of French tip nails.
The nails were "active length", but still noticeble to anyone I handed anything to or interacted with for long. This sparked two great encounters on subsequent days. The first took place at a Walgreens on the Strip. As I paid the cashier she smiled and said "You have such pretty nails. Are you gonna paint them another color so they stand out more?". I told her no, that I prefered the French tip. The next person to say anything was a young woman working the check in desk at the Cosmopolitan fitness center. As she handed me back my driver's license, she blurted out "Oh let me she your nails!" I was grateful there was no one else close to the desk as I stuck my hand out. "They are so beautiful... why do you have them?" I started to blush and just told her the truth. I said I like to crossdress. "That is so cool. Be who you are, girl!" I told her thanks and went and got on an Eliptical machine and started to work out. About five minutes later the young gal got up and walked over to me. She said "Hey, I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. Your nails ARE really nice, and I'm always impressed by people who aren't afraid to be themselves." I told her I was not offended and actually appreciated her comments. She then said "Great, and Honey, if you need anything, you just holler at me." She then turned around and walked back to her desk. Her shift must have ended by the time I finished working out because there was a young man at the desk when I left.

That same Monday, shortly after I got my nails, I had a makeover with Amy at the "Just You - Glamour Boutique". I have had two other makeovers with Amy over the past few years, but I always cleaned up and left in drab. This time I went for an Instructional Makeover and told Amy in advance that if I didn't look ridiculous that I might consider leaving dressed.

Amy worked her magic as usual, but I felt far too self concious to leave dressed. I was terrified. I am a big man. I stand 5'11" and weigh in at 235 lbs. I have broad shoulders and look more like I should be in an article on retired football players in SI, rather than gracing the cover of Allure. Amy had to coax, nudge, and talk me into leaving dressed as a woman. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say she somehow managed to convince me that I was deep in denial about my being transgender and that I would never be happy unless I came to terms with that fact and that part of that would involve going out into the world... so I did.

Instead of going to a safe place that Amy had chosen for me to go, I decided to return to the Cosmopolitan. I drove back and parked in the underground lot. I stayed in the car for about 15 minutes just trying to work up the courage to walk to the elevator to the lobby. Finally I got out, and started moving my feet in their 3" heels. I was dressed in a casual black outfit made up of skinny jeans and a black top from Lane Bryant that had shiney black ruffles under a black cardigan. I was carrying a black clutch purse.

The elevator from the parking garage goes up to the area right across from a cocktail lounge and the main lobby where you check in. You must then walk across the heavily trafficked lobby to one of three sets of elevators that go to different floors. I lucked out and rode up from the garage alone. The door opened and I stepped out onto the tiled floor and heard the clicking of my heels. I took small steps and tried to stay calm and relaxed. I rotated my hips slightly with each step to mimic the walk of a woman. I tried to make eye contact with everyone I passed. I heard some laughter from the lounge, but wasn't sure if it was directed at me or not. I had to wait for the elevator, and was soon joined by 2 men and 3 women all speaking Spanish. I never phased them. We all got on the elevator and they continued the conversation with out stopping to stare or gesture at me. I was on the 43 floor and they got off on 41. When the elevator opend there was a young woman waiting to go down. we smiled and nodded at each other as I exited and headed back to my room.

I still can not believe that I walked through a crowded hotel lobby dressed as a woman and the world didn't end. I am both excited and terrified at where this is heading.

JamieQ
10-19-2012, 05:42 AM
See there now! its really not that hard. I do not like to keep "track of things, but I have recently been out 30-40 hours (3 hrs per time) , with out any decent makeup skills and ALWAYS! in a skirt. I basically use just enough makeup to cover beard and I wear sunglasses. I think people really do not notice as much as we imagine they do, its all in our head..well not all but 99.9% in our head! Laughter?...I bet about 100%they were not laughing at you, just going on thier business. Where is this headed? I will bet you this will lead to more and more getting out enfemme. I do think that acting the part and not turning away when someone approaches goes a long way!:)

Beverley Sims
10-19-2012, 11:58 AM
In a big hotel and riding elevators that contain "foreigners" you are usually quite safe.
Their reaction is the locals dress funny and curiously.
I assume the same when I see an odd sight.
I usually ignore it and life goes on.

Janelle_C
10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
What a great stories thank for sharing it. One day hopefully soon I will have a story to share.

AndreaS
10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Real GGs come in all shapes in sizes. Don't let your body shape get in the way of getting out there and enjoying yourself. Maybe next time you can "let your hair down" and go out for a meal, a drink, or a movie. Have fun sweetie!

MsRenee
10-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Amy does awesome work Ive been in her stores numerous times just to say hi and see whats new. She does a girls night out each minth. Ive run into her with her girls at the club usually during drag shows at Flex. The Cosmo hotel is one of many here in town that do cater to the alternative lifestyle. you should have said something and I would have given you some nice spots to go to. Completetly safe and very nice. Keep me in mind next time sweetie and well have to go out together. It be fun to take someone around.
Renee

cdxmatty
10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
that is awesome! good for you sweetie

Bree Wagner
10-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I still can not believe that I walked through a crowded hotel lobby dressed as a woman and the world didn't end. I am both excited and terrified at where this is heading.

Amazing how that works, isn't it? Somehow the world just keeps on spinning and you get to have a great time! Congratulations on your steps. Hopefully the excitement far outweighed the terror.

All the best,
Bree

Maureen
10-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the support. Apparently there is no putting the genie back in the bottle. The wife is even willing to go out with me next time we are in Vegas. She is going to help "coach" me as best she can. ( She is sort of a tomboy, so high heels and makeup are not her forte.) I had orgiginally called her to come walk me up from the garage, but she told me "You're a big girl now. You need to do this by yourself". She was right.