PDA

View Full Version : Young Women and Sweatpants?

erika_kerrie
10-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm only kinda kidding with this post but it pains me to see young women wearing sweatpants and running shoes while out shopping, and I'm not talking about the tight yoga pants, but the regular sweatpants. There are so many cute outfits they could be wearing! :). Just saying :) I guess I must be jealous :)

BillieJoEllen
10-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I can only say "yuck!" to sweatpants unless they are worn at the gym. I agree, there are so many cute outfits and girls don't realize how fortunate they are....

Tracii G
10-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't find them attractive at all.

Kate Simmons
10-19-2012, 11:29 AM
You mean that you are jealous that they are wearing sweat pants and not you? Just kidding. :heehee::)

Stephanie47
10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I go to a 'Y' five plus times a week. I see many young women who do NOT wear sweatpants. They know they have attractive bodies and show it. Others, well, maybe they need baggy sweatpants. When I see young women at the mall or shopping in sweatpants I really cannot figure it out.

UNDERDRESSER
10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Maybe they don't want to be showing off their bodies? I know I usually do prefer to do so, but I understand not everybody does...

cyndigurl45
10-19-2012, 11:56 AM
About the only reason I can figure is this, when I'm power shopping, an example, I need a new dress for a special occasion, I have an idea what I want but not sure, so I slip into something comfy easy on and off sweat pants if it's cool and hit the mall dresses to the changing room I go on off about a hundred times LOL then it's back to probably the first or second dress that is unless one of them just talks to me.......

DebbieL
10-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm only kinda kidding with this post but it pains me to see young women wearing sweatpants and running shoes while out shopping, and I'm not talking about the tight yoga pants, but the regular sweatpants. There are so many cute outfits they could be wearing! :). Just saying :) I guess I must be jealous :)

What women would really like is the "Magic Dress", the one that would ONLY attract the attention of handsome hunks and complements from other women who liked them - but would make them invisible to the jerks, pervs, and catty women who would call her a **** because she was too attractive.

When women go shopping, they like to be able to quickly change clothes and a sense of how they would actually fit. If you are wearing shorts, or leggings, you can just pull the outfit on over them without even having to change. If you are wearing sweats, you can quickly strip, try on, 4-5 outfits, and then slip back into the sweats to do more shopping elsewhere.

Normally, when we cross-dress, the jerks tend to make a bigger deal out of checking us out so carefully that after 2-3 minutes, they figure out that we are guys and then want the WHOLE FREAKING WORLD TO KNOW how clever they are to have figured it out.

When you get to where you really pass, and your are hanging out with other women who are also very nicely dressed, you begin to experience the lewd, rude, crude, and socially unacceptable behavior than so many "Real Men" think they have to exhibit to prove their man-hood.

Thank goodness the jerks are fewer and further between, but dressing situation appropriate is still a challenge for women. That short skirt, high heels, and satin blouse will play great in a night-club on Friday or Saturday night, but in a shopping mall, it's easy to get taken for a hooker.

When young girls go shopping in the mall, they need to consider the weather, the day of the week, the other girls who will be there, and what kind of shopping they will be doing. Shopping in summer is easy. Spring and Fall is more tricky because shorts or skirts will be too cold and you end up showing chicken-skin, but tight jeans and boots are hard to get on and off in a dressing room.

This is also a time of year when many women grow their hair out - then get it waxed for their very sexy Halloween costume in which they will be showing LOTS of leg, and hopefully catching a nice guy in the process.

kimdl93
10-19-2012, 12:02 PM
honestly, if a young girl with a nice tush is wearing sweats, I'm perfectly ok. Anything looks good on them!

erika_kerrie
10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Wow you ladies have some good points, I never really thought of the ease if trying in clothes when you wear sweatpants, I guess I'll give those young ladies a break...but I'm still jealous :)

kellycan27
10-19-2012, 12:16 PM
How about comfort, convenience, and utility? Girls don't worry about looking like girls because they are girls. A trip to the mall is simply that and not a fashion show or attempt to garner attention. How are you going to complain about not being able to dress the way you wish ( dresses, skirts, forms, wigs etc) and then turn around and opine how others should or shouldn't dress? Try as you might, you'll not be girl-ier than a girl. Get over it.

BRANDYJ
10-19-2012, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with sweat pants? I don't get it. An attractive woman is attractive regardless if what she's wearing. Nice hips, thighs and waistline look great in anything. Seriously, unless she is wearing torn, dirty, ripped of otherwise messy clothes of any style, who are we to judge? I have a bigger gripe on the way men dress. tee shirt and baggy pants around their knees is just plain gross. Some of these garments look used and well worn right off the shelf. I don't get it.
And have you seen the way many CD's dress?

PS: Well said Kelly and Kim

Marleena
10-19-2012, 12:34 PM
How about comfort, convenience, and utility? Girls don't worry about looking like girls because they are girls. A trip to the mall is simply that and not a fashion show or attempt to garner attention. How are you going to complain about not being able to dress the way you wish ( dresses, skirts, forms, wigs etc) and then turn around and opine how others should or shouldn't dress? Try as you might, you'll not be girl-ier than a girl. Get over it.

Kelly I think you'd look real cute in sweatpants and a baggy T or even a burlap bag.:) For women it's just not that important what they're wearing. Being comfortable and relaxed is.

linda allen
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
A trip to the mall or grocery store is not a fashion show in most women's minds just as a trip to the home center doesn't require us to put on a suit and tie. I think if we had been dressing as females for our entire lives, we would probably just throw on something appropriate and do what we have to do. Save the cute outfits for dinner or the club.

Kelli Ca
10-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I think most women can look amazing in whatever they put on. Think about it, a girl wearing dumpy little sweatpants and a t shirt, but her hair is pulled up with little wisps hanging to and fro. Very sexy to me. Btw this is my 500 th post

Jenniferathome
10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
It is the crossdresser's lament. Women dress for comfort. We dress for femininity. Ironic.

Foxglove
10-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Women dress for comfort.

How dare they? Who do they think they are?

~Joanne~
10-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I have no problem with any woman dressing in sweatpants and tennis shoes or anything else considered casual wear, I agree it makes trying on clothes easier, my problem lies with the pajama bottoms (or whole pajamas), men's boxers and flip flops. Dressing for comfort is one thing, dressing like a total slob, that's another.

Wildaboutheels
10-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Comfort ALWAYS rules in my world. IF a woman is not actively prowling for a man OR simply enjoys the power she has over men by "dressing attratively" at every public outing, I think a woman shows "confidence" in herself by wearing such items or going w/o makeup 7/24/365. It's neither their job nor obligation to always dress "fashionably".

Besides, some women do "present" better when they hide their particular body style rather than try to display it. IMO anyway.

JamieQ
10-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Comfort ALWAYS rules in my world. IF a woman is not actively prowling for a man OR simply enjoys the power she has over men by "dressing attratively" at every public outing, I think a woman shows "confidence" in herself by wearing such items or going w/o makeup 7/24/365. It's neither their job nor obligation to always dress "fashionably".

Besides, some women do "present" better when they hide their particular body style rather than try to display it. IMO anyway.

I almost always wear knee high skirts when Im out. So far that has been the most comfortable for me, physically and emotionally!

RitaJanelle1964
10-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't mind seeing women in sweats so much, but I can really do without the hoodies. The Bill Belichick look is not cool on women...

sometimes_miss
10-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Looking hot is work. While we may enjoy the occasional dressing up routine, women think of it as a chore, a chore they'd simply rather not do any more often than necessary. If they're not trying to be attractive to anybody, I see no reason why they should dress up fancy if they don't want to.

docrobbysherry
10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
We have a lot of big girls here. I've come to think of sweat pants as a blessing.

Compared to skin tite jeans anyway. And, the even worse, dreaded muffin top jeans!

toriwilliams
10-19-2012, 10:20 PM
:) i don't mind women wearing sweats, ball caps, hoodies; just so darn hard for me to pull off that look while trying to present as female.

Jilmac
10-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Unlike us, GGs take their femininity for granted, and many don't worry about how they look, as much as comfort, when they dress. I've observed females, young and old, and many very attractive, in clothes I wouldn't use for rags. As crossdressers, we are somewhat more particular about our feminine appearance and strive for our perception of perfection.

Eryn
10-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I find it ironic that CDers, who above all else would like to wear whatever they want, would impose a dress code on the very people they emulate. Sorry, but I don't want to conform to society's strictures so I'm not going to tell anyone else to do so.

As others have stated, shopping is a dynamic activity and it pays to wear garments that are easily removed. After my first shopping trip en femme I learned that wide necklines are wonderful for removing over a wig. Easy-to-remove bottoms and shoes are great too. I like to wear exercise wear around the house. It's comfy.

ReineD
10-19-2012, 11:32 PM
What women would really like is the "Magic Dress", the one that would ONLY attract the attention of handsome hunks and complements from other women who liked them - but would make them invisible to the jerks, pervs, and catty women who would call her a **** because she was too attractive.

Sorry, but this is a figment of your imagination.

First, any woman worth her salt (and women are a great deal stronger and more independent now than they ever were), knows how to put jerks in their places, and they know enough not to hang out where they congregate. lol. They won't be hanging out in bars down by the docks ... but they will feel perfectly safe going to the mall.

Second, women are not catty. You're describing scenes from teenager movies. I've been to a lot of places in my life, moved around a lot, have travelled in many different circles, known tons of women, and I can honestly say that I have not once seen or heard one woman call another a b*tch because she was jealous of her dress. :rolleyes:

Last, if a woman chooses to wear sweats, it is because she knows who she is, she finds them comfortable, she doesn't feel that she needs to dress up to just go to the mall, and she is not out to impress anyone there. Also, why does everyone assume that women who wear sweats at the mall are always wearing sweats? It's just the mall, not an office party or a date.

Sara Jessica
10-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Women are beautiful, simple as that. Their femininity is not defined by what they wear while in our community, ours might be enhanced by clothing choices. The trick is to get to that place where your own femininity is evident despite what you are wearing (as in if one chooses to dress down).

But in a thread full of zinger replies, this has to be my fav...

Unlike us, GGs take their femininity for granted, and many don't worry about how they look, as much as comfort, when they dress. I've observed females, young and old, and many very attractive, in clothes I wouldn't use for rags. As crossdressers, we are somewhat more particular about our feminine appearance and strive for our perception of perfection.

How about a tweak to make it resemble the other side of the coin...

Unlike us (women), men take their masculinity for granted, and many don't worry about how they look, as much as comfort, when they dress. I've observed males, young and old, and many very attractive, in clothes I wouldn't use for rags. As women, we are somewhat more particular about our feminine appearance...

See how that works? A dude running around in town in ratty jeans with his butt-crack hanging out and a greasy t-shirt with unkempt hair would be just as unnerving as the OP's premise. The thing is, who cares? People, women & men, are simply living their lives and yes, they sometimes throw on clothes you might prefer not to be seen in. But at the same time, those same people might see what "we" wear and say "what the heck". Live and let live.

Maureen
10-20-2012, 08:33 AM
I have no problem with women wearing sweats, jeans, or anything else they choose. I work out in women's athletic wear all the time. If, or rather when I am fully out, I'll be wearing comfy yoga pants and athletic wear when I run errands too. You see, for me, being a woman is about a whole lot more than the clothes.

Jenny Doolittle
10-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Yea. I know what you are talking about,,,, the ones that say "Pink" or something like that across the butt. The only thing I can say is they are comfy and easy to get in and out of while trying on clothes.

I think it is also says that girls like us view every opportunity to be out and about should be done so dressed to the nines.

I Am Paula
10-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Sweat pants,and baseball caps on women have thier place. That is, on their way to the gym, or on their way to the salon. Any other use is a waste of x chromasomes. Remember, anything bad can be made worse. Put the words 'juicy', or 'bum', or anything else on the seat of said sweatpants.

Leah Lynn
10-27-2012, 10:30 PM
My late wife was concerned about her appearance. She wouldn't answer the phone without makeup on.

Beverley Sims
10-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I can get away wearing a track suit, and I pass better than dressed up.
I get overlooked and disappear into the crowd.
With my joggers on I can run fast too.
It is not what you wear, but how you wear it. :)

lingerieLiz
10-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Lets face it some girls look great in sweat pants and some girls look bad in anything they have on. The same for guys and CDs.

I saw a gal the other day wearing sweat pants at the mall and she turned heads. I think some sweat pants are cute, but I saw some very large woman wearing a pair that should have looked cute that should never have seen daylight.

ReineD
10-27-2012, 11:53 PM
The trick is to get to that place where your own femininity is evident despite what you are wearing (as in if one chooses to dress down).

You get it, Sara! Women do not feel the need to be dressed up all the time, because they know they don't need the clothes to look like the women they are!

Lets face it some girls look great in sweat pants and some girls look bad in anything they have on. The same for guys and CDs.

I saw a gal the other day wearing sweat pants at the mall and she turned heads.

Case in point. :)

Aloha Jayne
10-28-2012, 12:38 AM

You nailed it Kelly. It's about comfort and convenience.

ArleneRaquel
10-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I have never worn the hateful wear & never will. :tongueout

Vanessa Amber420
10-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I agree girls have so many options of clothing to wear (they are so lucky)...

Sarah V
11-25-2012, 08:29 AM
You think that is bad. I travel (via air) a lot for work. Over the last 2-3 yrs now, I am seeing more and more young women (and not just teens) wearing sweats/t-shirts and flip flops on planes. What is even worse, is I am seeing more of them (mostly teens) wearing their PJ's (or at least PJ bottoms) on the plane. Talk about yuck!! The days of woman fully dressing in formal attire for a plane trip are long gone, and nothing wrong with that, and I think a woman being dressed casual and comfortable (e.g.: slacks, jeans, leggings, etc). is good for plane trips........ but these young woman today have really taken casual way to far. I wish their parents would tell them they look terrible.

CarmenSkye
11-25-2012, 09:23 AM
This^. I've gone out shopping in sweats before. Not only does it make it a lot more easier to change in a fitting room it makes it easy to get dressed. You don't always have to diva-up when going out on a few errands. Plus, they are comfy :)

Sally24
11-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I understand the comfort level thing but yoga pants are just as comfortable in my opinion. I think another thing is trying to avoid unwanted male attention. I've noticed that almost every female that is wearing skin hugging lycra for running, also wears a top that covers their bum. They want comfort but don't want every male nearby to be staring at their lovely backside outlined perfectly by the stretch material. Attention is nice but can be very annoying!

As far as trying clothes on..... I usually wear slip on shoes for speed and a loose top or dress. Wearing anything tight and clingy when clothes shopping just makes the changes that much more difficult. If I had my weight down where I want it then yoga pants might be an alternative to jeans.

Eryn
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
This^. I've gone out shopping in sweats before. Not only does it make it a lot more easier to change in a fitting room it makes it easy to get dressed. You don't always have to diva-up when going out on a few errands. Plus, they are comfy :)

And, if the goal is to blend with the GG population, it pays to wear the same things!

Richelle423
11-25-2012, 04:53 PM
when I go shoppimg I see girls in lounge pants and slippers all the time.