PDA

View Full Version : Ok, What am i doing wrong here

Lucy Lou
10-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I have not been on here that long, not many weeks. I keep trying to make friends with people and i get one or two Pm's and then nothing more. I would Like to get to know people who are like me. This acceptance of my cross dressing has been really so big for me. i wonder what i am doing wrong. Any ideas. or pm's.:battingeyelashes:

Stephanie Miller
10-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Gifts! Shower us with gifts! :D

Lucy Lou
10-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Ok, good answer. will a on line hug and kiss do???

27th Jennifer
10-19-2012, 06:22 PM
I understand how you feel. It's tough to make friends here, it seems. The fact that CD'ing is the main thing we all have in common, without much else, might have something to do with it. I don't get on here as much as I would like, but I'll certainly be your friend.
Welcome to the community!

Wildaboutheels
10-19-2012, 06:25 PM
I am not sure I understand? You have been here 30 days and already have 190 odd friends. I take it you mean you would prefer 1 on 1 correspondence? I think as people see more of your posts and figure out how you relate to their OWN situation, people might be more wanting/willing to do private email.

Alberta_Pat
10-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Lucy, Attend ta image!

Peut etre, c'est trop risque. ( translation: Look at your profile picture. Perhaps it it a little risque.)

We all have a bit of a personality "disorder". Not everyone will be compatible with you. Perhaps you are expecting too much?

Take a bit of time to get to0 know the members here. Once that happens, you may be surprised.

Anna B
10-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Lucy Lou, I would love to be your friend! PM me and we can start to chat!

ReineD
10-19-2012, 06:35 PM
You could just talk to people through the threads? Give your opinion about things, debate an issue, joke around in the less serious threads, discuss media events, share your expertise in the Beauty & Fashion sections, share your CDing experiences, ask other people their opinions about particular situations ...

And then you'll find some people who see things the same way you do, they'll get to know you and you'll get to know them. It just takes a little longer than a few weeks to make friends. :hugs:

PS. Mes ancêtres viennent du Sud-Ouest de la France, près de Pau. :)
(translation for non-French speaking members: My ancestors come from the Southwest of France, near Pau.)

heatherdress
10-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Lucy - I would be very interested in learning about your life and experiences as a French member of this site. What is it like where you live? What are your challenges crossdressing? How are they similar or different? I would expect that we share many of the same feelings, challenges, enjoyments. I welcome your posts.

Lucy Lou
10-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok, so one person has said that my avatar picture is a bit too much. I do love and need to ware stockings so I thought that it wasn't going too far. My profile picture shows my face and looks good to me. Lets see when I get some more pictures done that are better. Lucy

Nicole Brown
10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Lucy, you are here because you enjoy crossdressing. When you crossdress you try to look like and emulate a woman, I know that is why I started here. Take a look around and see how many woman you see dressed as you are. Now, don't get me wrong, I love wearing stockings also but I always try to present myself as a lady. I also enjoy showing others what I look like and have been told that this simple action tends to help others get to know you better.
Try to get some pictures taken of yourself which focus more on your face. I know for myself, when I communicate with another girl, I like to know what she looks like. I am less interested in her garter and stocking tops.

Lucy Lou
10-19-2012, 07:43 PM
My profile picture is more of a face picture. Maybe I should change my avatar picture.

Brianna612
10-19-2012, 07:58 PM
You could just talk to people through the threads? Give your opinion about things, debate an issue, joke around in the less serious threads, discuss media events, share your expertise in the Beauty & Fashion sections, share your CDing experiences, ask other people their opinions about particular situations ...

And then you'll find some people who see things the same way you do, they'll get to know you and you'll get to know them. It just takes a little longer than a few weeks to make friends. :hugs:

I agree with Reine here. Friendship is a lot deeper than just CDing. CDing brings us all together on this site and it is a good thing, but that doesn't mean that we would all make good friends even though I appreciate each and everyone of you. Stick around long enough, be yourself and you will find some friends.

sinderella
10-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Lucy, personally I like your current picture. 1st and foremost be true to yourself. Don't let others dictate how you should look or present your character. You will never please everyone, allow your persona to attract friends of your nature. I'm new here myself and have yet to post pictures (soon, I promise lol). We all have our likes and dislikes. Just take it one post at a time and I think people will become familiar with who and what you are inside. Good luck sweetie ;)

Barbara Ella
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Lucy dear, you have been here since September, and have 90 posts. Just talk to more people. I joined last November. read the introductions and give an heart felt welcome. Post your ideas and opinions on other posts. take a deep breath and relax, and sit back. Friendships do not develop overnight. There is nothing wrong with your pictures, but pictures will not get you friends. You words and opinions, and expressing your feelings will attract more people who are like minded and want to talk.

Personally, I consider all the girls here my friends and would consider them worthy to discuss my personal problems with should i choose to do so. I know they all share at least one important thing. We like to dress in women's clothing, as do you, that makes you a friend. Nothing happens overnight, except for the realization that I am a crossdresser, that was a shock, and a pleasant one.

Barbara

ChelseaErtel
10-19-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm new here too and have established several friendships.

I agree with Nicole: to present myself as s lady. My goal is to be and present as a lady. I have concetrated on my face and that is why I chose the photos Ive posted. I showed some cleavage but that was for a specific question and only after I had posted and bagan friendships.

I've met some on this site that I know, if given the opportunity, could be real friends in male or female mode as well as a few where there was not much in common. There is a vast range of age and experience differences here so don't be discouraged.

There are different reasons and motivations why we CD. So eventually you will find some others who are like minded. To me the profile photo and avitar should reflect who you are. It is up to you to choose to highlight your personality through your photos or avitars. First impressions stick as we are visual creatures.

Be true to yourself and friends will come. Don't be discouraged.

docrobbysherry
10-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Remember, this is only my opinion.:brolleyes:

U can change your avatar, u can do a little dance, u can pour your heart out, u can exchange nude photos. And yet, the BEST we can be here is supportive ACQUAINTANCES! :eek:

I've have made what I think r real friends here! I'll define a "real friend". They're folks I've met on line. Then, in person. U don't have to correspond often with them and they still remember and think of u!:daydreaming:

U must actually MEET SOMEONE to become Friends. I recently got an email from Suzy from Oz who was passing thru and wanting to meet up. I hadn't heard from her in about a year. But, we both know whenever we DO contact each other, we'll be fine with that and will get back ASAP. I met Suzy at 2 SCC's.

There r a number of girls and GGs I really like here. But, it would be naive and silly to think they were my "friends". They r acquaintances, at best.

My suggestion to ANYONE here is;
get out there and meet other girls! U WILL make friends! If folks will make friends with Sherry, anyone can make CD friends!:o

Nicole Erin
10-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Lucy, Attend ta image!

Peut etre, c'est trop risque. ( translation: Look at your profile picture. Perhaps it it a little risque.)

Yes, and Simon LeBlanc fait un beau ronde de jambe en tournant pendant que mangeant des maisons avec un corissant.
(transaltion - That guy in duran duran likes to do ballet while eating a croissant with houses.)
So my french is really rusty.

ANYways - Yeah the whole random friend requests is a facebook nuisance. Some minimalists like me try to keep lists like that clean instead of having so many random names that they have to have categories. (Translation - random names on a "friend" list is not a group of actual friends)

ChelseaErtel
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Well said DocrobbySherry, i agree fully.

Jamie Christopher
10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Hey Lucy give it time, it happens eventually! Have fun,

Jamie

Stephanie Miller
10-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Almost a whole days gone by........ and STILL no gifts! Pretty slow on the uptake aren't ya girl? :waiting:

Momarie
10-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree with the others, your avatar is unpleasant and way over the top.

paulinescotlandcd
10-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I agree with the others, your avatar is unpleasant and way over the top.

Sorry I am with Momarie in that I would tone down the avatar, but hey, it's your shout. Any chance of a wee holiday in France? Cheap flights are available from Scotland.

Kate Simmons
10-20-2012, 03:13 PM
That's just the way it is sometimes with some folks. If you E-Mail or PM me, you will always get an answer Hon.:)

Lucy Lou
10-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I have deleted my avatar picture and hope that people will look at my profile picture. I will change it next week. Lucy

Beverley Sims
10-20-2012, 07:35 PM
You are doing nothing wrong. Over a period of time you will build a lasting friendship with someone.
Those that communicate do so out of interest in the other person. Once the question has been answered networking and pm's tend to go to others.
What goes round comes round. If you have an intersting situation or need assistance readers here will step in and help.
Once the crisis is over we all shuffle around a bit.
That having been said you may find someone living close to you that wants to meet up for coffee or whatever.
It all takes time and you and I may not meet again for a while.
If you keep posting interesting threads you will get known and people will send friendship requests and PM you as well.
There are quite a few people on this board and you can't talk to them all.
All the best on your journey. :)

I read your post and replied to it. I usually read other comments later to see if they agree with what I have said.
I never saw your avatar, if it was unpleasant to others maybe that is a problem.
An avatar does attract others to you and if you can make it attractive all the better.
One thing you have had here is the truth as so many agree.
So carefully select your avatar as it is a reflection of you and your personality.

Babeba
10-20-2012, 08:02 PM
What you really need to do is participate and get to know people on the forums instead of spamming us all with friend requests. I always turn down requests from people I have not had meaningful conversations with, and I know most people on here are like that.

I know that's probably not the answer you want to hear, but that's just the way life is.

sometimes_miss
10-20-2012, 08:09 PM
I have not been on here that long, not many weeks. I keep trying to make friends with people and i get one or two Pm's and then nothing more. I would Like to get to know people who are like me. This acceptance of my cross dressing has been really so big for me. i wonder what i am doing wrong. Any ideas. or pm's.:battingeyelashes:

Congratulations, you're thinking like a woman. Men don't talk, or write, unless we have something in particular to say. You need girl pen pals; people who will write to you every day, sometimes several times a day, to say, well, usually nothing at all, they just ramble on and on to seemingly no point at all. There are a few people here that I consider friends, yet I might not have written to them in quite a while. I recently googled a high school friend from what, 40 years ago, found him, sent an email and then called. It was like we've never been apart. On the other hand, if a woman doesn't hear from her friends in more than a few days, she automatically thinks that there's something wrong. Not so with men. So don't fret; we're your friends, we just don't always write.

Eryn
10-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Being "friends" on a forum has very little meaning. I'll accept just about any requests that come along to be polite but I never make a request myself. It doesn't affect what you see on the forum like it does on other social media.

The way to get along on a forum is the same as any other social situation. Participate in a thoughtful, intelligent way and you'll find that friendships develop naturally. Behave in juvenile or thoughtless ways and you won't do so well.