PDA

View Full Version : Who is your style role model?

Tiffini Marie
10-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Just curious what celeb you think of as your makeup and fashion role model?

Lauren Conad for me!

Tabitha Storm
10-19-2012, 11:10 PM
I love Pink! And all the 40's pin up models

CorsetAngel
10-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Dita Von Teese. Although, I have no where near the body style she does. She is absolutely Gorgeous, and in my opinion the MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN on the Earth.

Here's a picture of her.

Melissa73
10-19-2012, 11:32 PM
never had a style model! never even had a role model. I dress according to what i like, and over the yrs oive learned what fitrs and what doesnt by trial and error.

Amy_Love
10-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Most girls on theChive, hot and (mostly) real........ wish i could dress like that... someday... someday

Julie-Ann Fletcher
10-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't really have one at the minute but it used to be Avril lavigne,I still think though she looks gorgeous the way she dresses,I guess I need to start dressing for my age :( and not a teen queen :(

Cynthia Anne
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
No one for me! Other then myself!!!!

Heather Daniels
10-20-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't think I've ever really had one, but if I had to choose.... it would be Jennifer Aniston.

noeleena
10-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Hi.

Oh dear ,how can i answer a ? like that. that would be like saying whats the difference between a , i was going to use an animal , thats just not fair, so ill use . i cant ...... so how do i compare to a lovely looking woman who has the beauty to show & is just so lovely. no comparison im sorry , i just dont stand a chance , in fact i would not even stand next to her,,,,,, blushing.....

forgot i'd be so embarrist .......

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
10-20-2012, 04:15 AM
I think it would be Meredith Viera for me ... she's always put together and polished. She's not flashy or trashy and always looks wonderful.

BLUE ORCHID
10-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Tiffini, Not anybody famous Just when I see a lady that's dressed very nice looking I will try to copy her look.

xdressed
10-20-2012, 06:46 AM
I think I've actually absorbed the style of some of my female friends more than celebrities, but I think I do often look to Mana from Moi Dix Mois and Amy Lee from Evanescence or any similar person from any similar band

kimdl93
10-20-2012, 08:13 AM
My wife. I figure she's a reliable fashion barometer, since we have so many interests in common.

Maureen
10-20-2012, 08:43 AM
I have had many over my life... Marlo Thomas, Jacklyn Smith, Delta Burke, Susan Dey on "LA Law", Kirstie Alley, and now Megyn Kelly and Alyson Cammarotta of Fox News.

Miss Trudy
10-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Not really sure I have a style but instead I have "I sure I hope I don't look like that style models"! I see a lot of women in the 40's, 50's and 60's runing around in stores, malls, the bank, etc. looking just so not put together. Baggy sweat pants or jeans, an ill-fitting t-shirt, baggy sweat shirt, etc., :thumbsdn: you all get the picture. I sure don't want to portray that image so I try to dress classy, stylish, and age appropriate. I may be pushing 60 but have been told I look 50ish :daydreaming: so I try to dress in feminine stytle for that. Just because I am a mature girl means I have to look like a washed out, tired housewife. :)

Karen Jane
10-20-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the TV series Matlock with Andy Griffith but for part of its run he had a daughter named Leanne played by Brynn Thayer. As a lawyer she wore power suits, both skirted and pants suits. She always looked classy with her skirts just above the knees, pumps, and of course pantyhose. God how I love that look and try to emulate every opportunity I get.

Meghan
10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Hmmmm...I don't think I have any one person at the moment. I try to take what I find interesting from what I see and experience and incorporate into my look.

For example, my workout trainer has a great sense of fashion so she inspires me somewhat.

Katy Perry's eyes are drop dead amazing, but then I love the 40's style eye in general too, so I've been working to blend the two, somehow.

I am not consciously channeling a particular look at the moment but I have to think about this one a little more.

Great question!

Meghan

STACY B
10-20-2012, 11:53 AM
TRACY G !! She is mine ,,, I try an look just like her ,,,,

Beverley Sims
10-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone that is wearing my style of the day and looks better than me.
That last bit is real easy, they would all look better. :)

Megan Thomas
10-20-2012, 02:01 PM
British comedienne Miranda Hart is someone who I think offers good everyday fashion style - especially given her height and build. Trousers that taper in with the leg, similar to leggings but not as close fitting, and a long'ish loose fitting/floaty top with a cami underneath seem to work quite well for her.

That style certainly has benefits for many MtF crossdressers as the trousers will give the appearance of wider hips compared to the ankles whilst the top is long enough to hide any unsightly bulge and if cut well can flare out from the waist downwards giving the impression of hips too.

prene
10-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Olivia Wilde she is my girl.

Love her in jeans.

Karren H
10-20-2012, 02:43 PM
I really don't have one either..... I've developed my own style and taste over time.....

Marsha Riley
10-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Liz Taylor, and your typical midwestern hoursewife. Kind of like both ends of the scale!!

Kate Simmons
10-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Years ago it was Diana Rigg and Stephanie Powers. Nowadays I just have my own style.:)

toriwilliams
10-20-2012, 05:46 PM
i really like how halle berry and jessica biel dress. they can take simple pieces and look wonderful. and they are not the only ones, just two of my favorites. :)

Jenniferathome
10-20-2012, 06:41 PM
It's my wife. Real, upscale, understated.

Lucy Lou
10-20-2012, 06:55 PM
For me any voluptuous woman works. Marilyn Monroe was a real beauty for me, I just don't have that rounded body she had. But she was one of the best ever.
Lucy

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Cate Blanchett, and Stevie Nicks :)

ChelseaErtel
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't have one, and probably won't. I see women whom there is one or more aspect I'd like to emulate, but I can't just narrow it down and certainly not to someone famous - to me that is not real.

I am evolving my own style and it tends to be age appropriate for someone in her fifties - kind of a "Talbots" style of the 90's or Chaps, Ralph Lauren perhaps.

Fun post, thanks.

Amy Milnet
10-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Mary Ann and Ginger from Gilligans Island!

Stephanie47
10-20-2012, 07:22 PM
June Cleaver of 'Leave It to Beaver!" Ah, to be a homemaker in dresses and heels all the time! I know it was BS. But, Iam living it now whenever I can. :)

sometimes_miss
10-20-2012, 07:53 PM
No celebrities. Just my sister's best friend when I was 10 years old. She was 14. That's the style of clothes I wear most as a girl. After all, it's her clothes I was wearing when I was a kid; plain button down tops with mostly plaid skirts, cute dresses, cheerleader uniform.

Eryn
10-20-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't have any real role models from the media. I see something I like on a mannequin or the "woman on the street" and I try it.

STACY B
10-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh yea Peppermint Paddy on the Peanuts ,,,, Wooo,,,,WOOO,,,Wooooo,,,,,, OR,,, Rosanne ,,,,,

Samantha43
10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't have a role model. I just try to make myself look as good as I can look with what I have to work with.

I must admit that I have always liked the way Pam Anderson wore her makeup back in the '90's.

saramurphy
10-20-2012, 09:44 PM
I am an unabashed fan of the all out flouncyness of Sarah Bareilles and Taylor Swift.

ArleneRaquel
10-21-2012, 12:00 AM
I try to look like Beyonce, but I end up alas looking like Phyliss Diller. :Angry3:

Diane Smith
10-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Not just in terms of appearance, but turning the clock back a few years, it would be Audrey Hepburn. The main problem is that I'd have to lose about half my body mass to look anything like her.

It's a little more practical to do Dolly Parton.

- Diane

Amy Milnet
11-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Mary Ann and Ginger from Gilligans Island I watched them growing up and wanted to look just like them.

franlee
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I have to be honest it has varied but only from the woman I'm involved with at the time to the next one in my life. So it started with my girlfriend that became my wife and stayed until I became involved with my next wife and the same until the one I have now. Each had their own twist in styles because of their occupations but due to them all being from within a 40 mile raduius they shared basics. And that was fine with me! I enjoyed each one and didn't have to giveup anything as I have moved through my life.

I Am Paula
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
While not a celeb, my mother was my fashion icon. She is the epitomy of the society matron. A patron of the arts, philanthopist, and a bon vivant. All through my childhood are memories of an endless stream of ball gowns, cocktail dresses, and evening wear. I think my mom (she's in her eighties now) in her prime had 100 pairs of designer shoes. Her gowns were often auctioned later for good causes, as she usually wore them once. I don't dress at all like my mother in her prime, but her appreciation for fine things, her general sense of style, and air of sophistication have definately rubbed off on me. I can't smell 'Shalimar' without thinking of her. -Celeste

TxKimberly
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Dont really have a fashion role model. Plenty of women that I think are beautiful, but no one I really thought of as a fashion role model.

ArleneRaquel
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I love the fashions of the 1950's & 1960's. Also the lingerie styles of today.

CorsetAngel
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
While not a celeb, my mother was my fashion icon. She is the epitomy of the society matron. A patron of the arts, philanthopist, and a bon vivant. All through my childhood are memories of an endless stream of ball gowns, cocktail dresses, and evening wear. I think my mom (she's in her eighties now) in her prime had 100 pairs of designer shoes. Her gowns were often auctioned later for good causes, as she usually wore them once. I don't dress at all like my mother in her prime, but her appreciation for fine things, her general sense of style, and air of sophistication have definately rubbed off on me. I can't smell 'Shalimar' without thinking of her. -Celeste

I think that is the Sweetest thing I've heard.

Kaz
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
I am with Kim, I don't really have a style role model as styles change... so a role model would be someone whose styles change? Madonna? Maybe not!!

I tend to spend time working on what looks good on me rather than what is in fashion...?

helena.gcd
11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm always checking what do girls wear, but from the celebs, i always have an eye on Alexa Chung

daphne_pynk
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Zooey Deschanel, her mix of classic and modern style with a twist of cute nerdy its just how i love to dress myself!