PDA

View Full Version : Breastforms? How to measure?

sandra_lee
11-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Hi, all, I've been wondering how to measure myself to get the correct size for a breastform, but so far the websites give details on women's bust sizes. Anyone knows any webpage that shows you how to measure bust size for a CD? Thanks alot.

KatieZ
11-26-2005, 06:49 AM
I got these forms from this site: http://www.thebreastformstore.com/transform-classic1-breastforms.aspx

There is a size chart at the bottom of the page. I would strongly recommend going up one size from their size chart however unless you are very small framed. Most other sites recommend the next larger size also. I called to order mine and asked why they use the smaller size in their chart and they told me it was because of frame size. Since this site (the breast form store) caters mainly to CD's it surprises me that they use the smaller chart at all.

Hugs

Veronica E. Scott
11-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Just wondering Katie are they as life like as they claim and which one did you get been thinking on purchasing a pair but cant figure how to bet them in the house .(SO) is very much against the whole CD thing.

KatieZ
11-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I got the ones on the page in the link I posted above.

Yes they are lifelike except for the weight. I've read that real breasts weigh 12-15 lbs, these weigh 2 or 3 lbs (muscle vs silicone). And they don't jiggle as much as a GG's breast would but they do have a lot of jiggle to them. I'm very pleased with mine. They are by far more lifelike in feel and weight than foam.

Hugs

Deena
11-26-2005, 08:43 AM
I got mine from the Breast Form Store and found the people there to be great and very helpful. A few minutes on the phone with Victor will get you the best size. I also recommend their bras and their nips. As for getting them in the house--use your imagination and that should be the least of your problems. I really would be lost without my forms. I love the feel, the look and don't feel fully fem without them.

Hugs, Deena

Raychel
11-26-2005, 08:59 AM
I have to tell you sandra_lee that I also got my forms from the Breastform Store. I first purchased a pair of foam sleep forms because they fit into the budget better at the time. Then when I went to order the real thing. I had no idea which ones to order, Oval, Triangle I or Triangle II with all the choices I had no clue what I wanted. I contacted them thru e-mail and the took the extra time to make sure that I knew the differences and was getting just what I wanted.

What the recommended for me was the Transform Triangle Super Soft Breast Forms. I bought the in a size 9, which is just right for the look I wanted. I have a 39" chest.

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/transform-triangle-breastforms.aspx

You should contact them if you have any questions they were a great help to me. :thumbsup: :)

suzy
11-26-2005, 09:12 AM
This is a good question to be discussing. I have been in the market for some breast forms for months now and just don't know what to get. Of course each place says theirs are the best and some are silicon, some aren't. Some fit in the bra and some may attach. Different types of adhesives....it's just very confusing and then the cost makes it important to get it right the first time.... I'm still searching.....but leaning towards the Super Perks....:rolleyes:

Christina Nicole
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Over the years, I have purchased four pairs of breast forms. The best way to purchase them is in person so that you can try them on. Look in the yellow pages under "mastectomy", "breast forms", and "lingerie". The "distance search (http://yellowpages.superpages.com/yp.basic.jsp?&STYPE=D)" on BigYellow.com is great for that. You can enter a distance that's far enough from home to be comfortable, but not too close that you'll be seen.

Now call the mostly likely looking places. I try to avoid the medical supply places and call the ones that seem more feminine. (IE: I say no to "Towne Medical Supplies" and yes to "Linda's Orthopedic Boutique" The women have been very helpful and understanding to me. I've never been their first CDing customer either. When you call them, be nice, polite and ask if you can look at their forms. Usually they say it's fine. Sometimes they will suggest a time that's after hours if you feel uncomfortable about shopping when other women are around.

When you go, bring a top or two. I usually bring a sweater and a silk blouse. The best sweater top is the cami part of a twin set. They tend to be form fitting and not too thick, so shape is obvious. A button down silk blouse is my other choice. The sweater and blouse should be your size. You can bring a bra, but they'll have ones, too. The sweater top will help you visualize your shape and size. The silk blouse will show shape and size. But since silk doesn't give, it will be really obvious if the forms are too big. And since the silk drapes, it will show when the forms are too small. The sweater is good to show off any unnatural shape that's hard to see if you're not wearing a top. It's hard to explain, but it's really obvious that this works when you're in a bra with forms that looks fine, then looks bad with either the sweater or blouse. You'll see.

The fitter will ask you what size and shape you are looking to get. They'll show you different styles. Read over the information on the web so you're familiar with the terminology, types, and styles. I have a preference for the type that attach. They don't move around in a bra, nor do they require a mastectomy bra to stay in place. Some work very well braless. The ones I have work fairly well braless, but are better with some support. Since some of the clothes I wear out look better without bra straps showing, so the attachables are what I prefer. The do cost more, however.

Since most women are a B cup, that's the size that I try to get. I've had B, C, and a D. Naturally, a "TG" shop sold me the "D" sized forms. I hated the look I had with them so I bought new ones pretty soon after I got those. Now I don't wear those big ones anymore. Anyone want a pair of Camp silicone breast forms in size 6? If you have a large frame, you may want larger forms. I'm small framed, so large looks bad on me.

The new Amoena forms I just bought are size 4 and they look perfectly natural giving me a slightly fuller B, but not quite a C cup. I bought a pair of Amoena Tria Contact Light. They are a little lighter than a natural breast, but they tend to adhere better since they are not as heavy. Their movement and shape is very good. Most women prefer the lighter forms, so I decided to try them. The woman I bought them from sold them to me for the same best price that I found on the Internet. No tax or shipping, so it was cheaper. I was fitted by an expert, so they look great.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Felicity
11-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Agreed. The local places tat sell these have CD's come in often and are used to the business. Just find a place that sells prostheses in the phonebook, or mastectomy supplies and give them a call. Ask when their least busy hours are and come on in if you are shy about it. They have private rooms where they will help you. Bring in the bra you want to fill in however!

I've gone into two places myself, and they are not shy about getting you into the fitting room and having you take off your shirt!

Robyn2006
11-26-2005, 10:33 PM
I've bought two different forms through the BreastFormStore, but like KatieZ, I was really surprised that their size chart was quite a bit on the small side. I'm a 36D and their chart calls for a size 5, which hardly did it. I returned my first order (which they took back with no problem whatsoever, btw) and have since purchase them in size 7, which is a perfect fit! And has been said... I couldn't imagine being without my forms! There is NOTHING to compare with how much they are needed to feel completely fem. No girl-to-be should be without a great pair of breast forms!

FYI: I have recently bought their new "GoldSeal" forms which are made to be readily worn attached with either adhesive spray or tape, having a bit of a thicker backing to help in this endeavor. And although they are just as advertised and wonderful in their own way, I really miss my old "transform triangles." They conformed to my chest much better and just felt more natural. I bought the GoldSeal forms because I finally wore out my transform triangles, having put them through just one too many adhesive wearings (but they did last for over two years!). REALLY wish I had ordered a new pair of these rather then these GoldSeals forms. (Ok, now you've done it! You've got me thinking about splurging and buying a new pair of the Transform Triangles! I do miss them so!)

Robyn

MarieTS
11-27-2005, 02:51 AM
I ordered the Transform Classic in a smaller size based upon the BF store's recommendations. They were right on. The classic has that nice underarm extension like a real breast, giving a more realistic look. The supplier told the store that they ran a bit on the large size. So I ordered the size 4. They slightly overfill some of my B cups, but stay nicely confined in a C. As for the weight, balance, and bounce... they're heavenly!

freshfrankie
11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
I purchased mine from the breast forms store also. I wear a 36C bra and they fit perfectly. Always buy a fuller cup because a demi bra won't hold them as well.They're fake but they're fabulous! I always put a bit of talcum powder on before I put them on. I sleep on a water bed and leave them under a pillow so when I put them on in the morning they're warm and toasty. I don't go anywhere without them. Remember. Breasts are like toy trains. They're meant for the kids but Pop always ends up playing with them! Hugs and good hunting.

Love
Jeannie

PS-The breast form store also have great padded panties. I'm 5'5" and 136 and don't have much of a booty. No problemo with the padded panties. J-lo eat your heart out!