PDA

View Full Version : A day of firsts!

Daisy41
10-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Friday was a day of firsts for myself. I was going to Nashville with a group of friends to spend the day on the town and end the night at the Play. I was going to be en femme out in public for the first time ever. A lot of fears were setting in and I of course considered abandoning it, but I stuck in there. Of course, I noticed all of my flaws, but my wife reassured me I looked fine. We started the day with... Waffle House. I had already eaten breakfast so I declined to eat but went with friends anyways. We decided to sit right in the sun, of all places :doh: I sweat it out (no pun intended) and we made our way to Nashville.

Once we got to our first destination, I was faced with the first time of deciding on where to use the restroom. There were no family restrooms available and I decided to stay legal and use the men's room (with a friend). That went well until I walked out of the restroom where I was greeted by a younger guy who just looked surprised and greeted me with a "oh hello!" and a smile. Whew! Glad that wasn't a bad confrontation!

The day goes on without a lot happening. I tried to go in and out of my fem voice depending on the situation. The real test came when we went to the mall and walked around (those heels, ow!) Being my first time and all I was worried about being noticed or outed. Any one experienced in going out can probably guess what I realized later on: no one noticed or no one cared. I was blending. I didn't turn any heads, parents weren't hiding their kids from me, simply point: no one cared. It's one of those things that until you experience it, it doesn't really seem to make sense.

We went into several shops and I look at clothes the way I did as a guy: sorta eye something, hesitantly walk towards it. But then I realized: I look like a woman, now is the time I can look at stuff and NOT get strange looks! So I let it all go!

Long story short, we ended the day with some food and the Play. It was my first club and my first drag show. It was very entertaining and I give kudos to those who perform and really move it in those heels. That takes some serious skill that both genders have to nod their heads to.

Lessons learned: despite all of the flaws you notice, people take the whole package and no one cares as long as you don't act suspicious. It's more important to enjoy the experience than it is to focus on what other people probably aren't even thinking.

kimdl93
10-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Getting out and realizing that we can blend in and that even if we dont no one cares....its a genuine epiphany and the ultimate liberation of our femme side. Glad you had a completely enjoyable day. And thanks to your wife for her support!

Lorileah
10-20-2012, 11:54 AM
:cheer::cheer: Things are never as bad as we imagine they will be :)

If you feel safer using the men's room then by all means continue. To me it seems MORE dangerous because men are men. Use the women's room and just do your business and get out. Never hurts though to have a wing woman with you

Warcraft_Girl
10-20-2012, 12:18 PM
What did you think of Club Play? I have had a few chances to go there but chickened out and didn't go.

Beverley Sims
10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Going with friends takes th centre of attention away from you.
Most people notice a single woman but in a group every one gets sized up a little more quickly.
For your first time out congrats. on a BIG... experience.
Your next outing should be a breeze.
I would be interested as to your reactions going out solo. It is a different experience by far.
No one to hide behind. :)

JamieQ
10-20-2012, 06:21 PM
It sounds like it went great! Just act the part and go on. I am sure next time will be even better.

Daisy41
10-21-2012, 01:30 PM
What did you think of Club Play? I have had a few chances to go there but chickened out and didn't go.

It was fantastic. The drag show was superbly entertaining and worth the $10 cover alone. We didn't stay for dancing afterwards (we live 3 hours away in Knoxville, lol) but it's convinced me to try other clubs. There was only one other guy crossdressing that I saw (and he wasn't dressing to blend).

I'm not sure if I'd ever go out by myself. I rarely go to things by myself as it is and I'll shop for clothes in drab anyways.

I actually went out again last night as Daisy, though we were doing Boo at the Zoo at our local zoo so being clocked wouldn't be a big deal, although I blended rather well as it is as a lot of people had to do a double take when I talked out loud. Several people got a kick out of it and my wife was with me and ended the night with a "told you that you'd pass :P". My wife's the best <3

Edit: Below is a picture of me at Suzy Wong's (great food!) I wasn't dressed for clubbing, more sensible styling is what I prefer.

Roberta Marie
10-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Congrats on getting out.

While I don't have any personal experience with the group, I feel confident enough to recommend "The Tennessee Vals" http://tvals.org/ . I have a close friend who has been on a job assignment in the Nashville area for some time, that says that the Tennessee Vals have made her time there go much better. They are quite active. You might concider giving them a try.

JamieQ
10-21-2012, 05:17 PM
I have been to Nashville alot. I always figured it would be a great place for CDers. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Daisy41
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't really live in Nashville, I live in Knoxville. As far as Nashville being more CD friendly... I suppose if you're into the night life. I have a 1 year old so night life for me means past 6pm (I'm in bed by 9 usually lol). Otherwise it felt about the same as anywhere else.

JamieQ
10-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't really live in Nashville, I live in Knoxville. As far as Nashville being more CD friendly... I suppose if you're into the night life. I have a 1 year old so night life for me means past 6pm (I'm in bed by 9 usually lol). Otherwise it felt about the same as anywhere else.

Well..how about the other way?... Morristown...been there alot too...and Knoxville?

Daisy41
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Well I literally just started to go out as Daisy in public. Being Halloween time I can use that as a safety net. However, I apparently pass well enough as nobody noticed or cared to say anything to me. Your mileage may vary. So to answer your specific question, I haven't been outside of Nashville or Knoxville so far en femme 8)

nomoon
10-22-2012, 01:50 AM
wow good too hear that!!!

Diversity
10-22-2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks for sharing your adventure! I am glad you had such a great experience and a wonderful time. Best wishes on your next outing!
Di

linda allen
10-22-2012, 06:12 AM
It's great that your wife and friends were willing to support you and go out on the town with you.

As for the restroom, I seem to go back and forth on this, but if you pass, I would use the ladies room. You said a friend went with you to the men's room, why not have your wife go with you to the ladies room? Women often go to the ladies room in pairs and she would be your cover.