CindyB
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM
When applying your mascara:

Upper lashes
1) Open your eyes
2) Place mascara brush underneath your eye lashes
3) Gently wiggle the brush side to side to "seed" your lashes into the brush
4) Blink (don't stroke the brush)

If you want to apply a second coat, wait for your lashes to dry before applying.

Lower lashes:
Hold the brush straight up and lightly sweep side to side, just barely touching the lower lashes.

These tips ought to help prevent the globs on your lashes and get the most out of your mascara. Too may girls get the mascara on their lashes but not between them, which will lead to a fuller looking lash.

Hopes this help
Hugs,
CindyB

kristi cd
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
I'll have to work on that tonight. :D I almost always end up with clumps when I put on my mascara, so hopefully this will help. :rolleyes:

Bri
09-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Yes, I consider myself pretty naive at times... now, what's the best (and/or fastest) way to take the mascara off?

--Bri

Bernadina
09-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes, I consider myself pretty naive at times... now, what's the best (and/or fastest) way to take the mascara off?

--Bri
We use makeup remover pads by Revlon or Almay.

CindyB
09-16-2004, 05:38 PM

--Bri
Bernadina is correct. Use an eye makeup remover that will also condition the skin. I like Mary Kay's eye makeup remover.

jessicadiane
09-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the tip Cindy.Please feel free to share others

LilSteff
09-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Great tip Cindy
Thank you. Makeup is a probelm area for me and I could use all the advice I can get. I have alot of trouble getting my lips to look fuller.
Thanks again
xoxo
LilSteff

CindyB
09-17-2004, 04:08 AM
I have alot of trouble getting my lips to look fuller.
Hi LilSteff! I have a great tip for exactly that, but you'll have to wait for next week's installment of "CindyB's Tip Of The Day" :)

LilSteff
09-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Ok Cindy I'll be sure to check it out
Thanks
xoxo
Steff

pedebra
09-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the tips, especially on removal. The only time I wore eye make up,
I did not get it all off. The next day at work, I looked in the mirror and said
" OH S_ _ _ _!!!" I was the boss.

Debra

Bernadina
09-17-2004, 08:06 PM
When applying your mascara:

Upper lashes
1) Open your eyes
2) Place mascara brush underneath your eye lashes
3) Gently wiggle the brush side to side to "seed" your lashes into the brush
4) Blink (don't stroke the brush)

snip snip

Lower lashes:
Hold the brush straight up and lightly sweep side to side, just barely touching the lower lashes.

snip snip

Hugs,
CindyB
I tried these tips last night. The upper lashes were great. Couldn't quite master the lower lash technique though. I'll try it again tomorrow night.

Thanks.

Lee
09-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks CindyB,
It worked great for me. Looks alot better then in some of my past attempts.
Do you have any other tips like that one?

Darby
09-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Just my 2 cents CindyB and others, I also use a lash comb which brings the lashes out and seperates for that look that I like "come hither".