PDA

View Full Version : Could YOU be bribed to Quit?

Wildaboutheels
10-21-2012, 12:02 AM
At least temporarily? Think of all the stuff you could then buy with the money!

There are threads all the time of how people have "chosen"/been unable/been unwanting to dress for days, weeks months or years. Sometimes MANY years.

What if... someone offered you 200 bucks... to not dress at all for one month? Would you take it? And the "catch" would be that IF you can go two months, the next month you get 250 MORE bucks on day 60 and then 300 bucks more on day 90 and so on. Go 180 days w/o dressing and on day 180 you get 450 bucks. 1950 bucks, TOTAL, if you could last 6 months. Would you be willing to give it a shot and how long do you think you might last?

What IF the pot were sweetened a wee bit? You could STILL do hair, makeup, nails etc., to your hearts content but absolutely NO clothing articles. [designed for and marketed to/for women]

Make any difference?

This thread IS just for fun.

ArleneRaquel
10-21-2012, 12:06 AM
CD'ing is such a large part of my life that I doubt that a bribe could temp me, but maybe if the bribe was for a billion bucks, and my giving up was for seven days.

Jennifer Sophia
10-21-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't have a job now, so I don't think I could say no.

NathalieX66
10-21-2012, 12:11 AM
No. WTF??

I am me.

Cynthia Anne
10-21-2012, 12:32 AM
I doubt it! But as Arlene said; one week for ONE mill might tempt me!!!!!!!

Miranda-E
10-21-2012, 12:56 AM
no way, wouldn't do it

Meghan
10-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Nope. There is not a chance. There is no amount of money or anything else that could buy me off.

There is nothing to quit. This is who I am. Might as well ask if there is any amount of money out there that could pay you to drown yourself. I have come way too far to turn back now, I have already been on the wrong road for way too long.

Meghan

docrobbysherry
10-21-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't spend much on dressing. So, I can afford the other things I want and need.

However, Wild, what about bribes that DON'T involve money!?

Like, if I met a nice GG that said, "Give it up for me?" I'll bet there's LOTS of girls here that have and would go for THAT BRIBE!

sterling12
10-21-2012, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't last for very long, but anyway, I wouldn't try to do it!

It would be Manipulation by the person offering The Bribe, and I don't do manipulate worth a damn! I think I would flee that manipulator very quickly.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Tracii G
10-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Not sure I could do it to be honest.
Not for chump change anyway.

sandra-leigh
10-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I have thought about my personal bribe point more than once. (A) I've had some university students offer to pay me to do assignments or major projects for them; and (B) I won't do military work but the variety of work I do is desired by the military and I need to consider that some day they are going to attempt to hire me.

What I at least tell myself is that my price point is very high. Win-a-major-lottery high. High enough that if anyone actually offered me that much, I would laugh at them as being obviously not serious -- and high enough that if anyone claimed to be serious about it, I would have to assume that it was fraud or the sort of enterprise where I would not be left alive long enough to enjoy the money.

But that's easy for me to say as I am not nearly homeless or broke.

JenniferUK
10-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Not a chance, money can't buy happiness

J

Vickie_CDTV
10-21-2012, 03:09 AM
I don't spend much on dressing. So, I can afford the other things I want and need.

However, Wild, what about bribes that DON'T involve money!?

Like, if I met a nice GG that said, "Give it up for me?" I'll bet there's LOTS of girls here that have and would go for THAT BRIBE!

Good point. When I first saw the question, I thought not for money per se, but if a woman bribed me with love and affection it would be very compelling.

noeleena
10-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Hi,

Can i be bribed. he he ...... oh yes ...... i do have my army boots & work snow boots yes this is good, now hats sun hats ... well yes it is summer here, looking better, shorts , yes i have 3 pairs two tee shurts . wow this is going well.

if it gets cold i can wear a lovely. er, ummm jacket.that Nathan our son gave me. , well what else, now i do have overalls & bib ones , yes , so how am i doing. id say pretty good, now i dont have any hair up top, so thats even better.....

Now no makeup, dont care, jewery not bothered there ether .

Now what about my name ill just be who i am , noel....well it is my birth name, so thats cool.

Okay wheres me money oh yer one month okayill do it,,,,

Oooops allmost forgot ummmm not sure about this its only a miner detail my breasts ummm now then cant hide them..as to my er ummm.... womens ummmm you know down there, cause i dont have those er ummm you know ball's & thinge whats it you know thing'e.....

Dont spos thatll matter ...a....

Right do i pass, as a oh dear a ummmm hate this word .....you know,,,,,not so loud....... boy,......you did not not hear that
from me.

...noel.... ...

Cheryl T
10-21-2012, 04:48 AM
That's a very small pot that was sweetened to convince me to relinquish myself for that 6 months. They'd have to try a whole lot harder. A WHOLE lot harder...

xdressed
10-21-2012, 04:56 AM
As a student I think I would probably do it for the first month, or at least try to anyway.

RileyEvans
10-21-2012, 05:00 AM
I could, I've given it up for months at a time. All I would have to do is make it through the first 2 weeks, by then my facial hair would be too thick for me to want to mess with and after that it would be pretty easy.

Rachel05
10-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Ten years ago, I would have given it a go, don't know if I would have succeeded but I would have at least tried, today, no chance, wouldn't even bother taking the challenge, I know I would fail !!

Raychel
10-21-2012, 05:23 AM
I certainly could use the money. But I am not sure that would be enough to shelf a so important part of me.
Maybe if the $$$ were larger the decision would be easier and I may just give it a try.

Angela Campbell
10-21-2012, 05:27 AM
make it 10 x the money and we may have a deal. $1950 can't even buy me a good Les Paul.

Kate Simmons
10-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Money aside, I'm wondering just who this mysterious benefactor would be. That, in itself, would help me to decide whether to do it or not.:)

Karren H
10-21-2012, 06:29 AM

J

No but it can buy chocolate cupcakes and that's the same thing! lol

I have more money than I will ever need and anything additional will just become my kids inheritance ..... so money no longer motivates me.....

Gina X
10-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Apart from anything else I would have to buy a whole wardrobe of Male clothes eeeuuucccchhh!!! nothing could induce me to do that!!

BOBBI G.
10-21-2012, 07:32 AM
I get up in the morning and the second thing I do is put on my bra. The first is my cup of coffee. I considered not wearing one to work the other day, but said why. I dress every day, not in dresses or skirts though, because of the dress requirements of all the employees (safety reasons). I run the risk of being let go every day for some reason or another, so why would the possibility of extra money have anything to do with who I am and what I am comfortable doing.

So, I guess the answer to this, for me, is no.

Bobbi

Claire Cook
10-21-2012, 07:36 AM
CD'ing is such a large part of my life that I doubt that a bribe could temp me, but maybe if the bribe was for a billion bucks, and my giving up was for seven days.

Hmmm .. maybe for an hour???

Maria 60
10-21-2012, 07:52 AM
The money could only buy me material things, it could not replace the pleasure dressing brings me.

Sara Jessica
10-21-2012, 08:20 AM
My mom recently offered me a pretty sizable chunk of change if I were to cut my hair.

I refused.

Wildaboutheels
10-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Any other "bribes" that MIGHT be worth a try? Doc would seemigly give it a shot for a real live woman of his very own.

Samantha43
10-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Sure! I only dress for 6 months of the year anyway. I'll take their money!

beccaturner
10-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Add an extra zero to those numbers you are quoting and i would seriously think about it. If you are only talking hundreds.....not a chance!

TxKimberly
10-21-2012, 08:38 AM
You would have to offer a LOT more than that to even make me pause to consider it

kimdl93
10-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Everyone has a price.

beccaturner
10-21-2012, 09:37 AM
You would have to offer a LOT more than that to even make me pause to consider it

what can i say?.......i have a bit of a cashflow problem at the moment! lol!

Jenny Doolittle
10-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Being me is so inborn, I don't think any amount of money would change how you feel inside. It is like asking the question, would you like to be rich, but unhappy?

Shelly Preston
10-21-2012, 10:10 AM
They say money is the root of all Evil.

Thats good enough for me to reject it :)

Karren I can and will make my own cup cakes

I dont think I could be bribed to stop for any meaningful lenght of time.

Jorja
10-21-2012, 10:19 AM
I have more money than I will ever need and anything additional will just become my kids inheritance ..... so money no longer motivates me.....

Karren, keep me in mind when you are making out your Will. That is J-O-R-J-A. ;)

Babeba
10-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Seriously?

If someone offered ME that much money for a social experiment to get me to wear non feminine clothes for six months, I would totally do it. And I don't have a large non feminine wardrobe. Either I would put that money towards a sweet vacation, or I would make sure I bought myself some very nice quality boots that will last like ten or fifteen years plus a smaller vacation!

I guess that's one difference between being a GG and knowing exactly who I am, and having gender issues or a huge amount of pleasure tied up in the feeling of fabric.

weekend woman
10-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I can be had but I'm not that cheap, it would take at least 3 more zeros after those numbers.

Beverley Sims
10-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Maybe a thousand bucks for one month. BUT THAT'S ALL!
Then back into it. :)

Foxglove
10-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Wow! A whole $1950? A whopping $1950. For six months?

Jeez, Wild, what kind of girl do you think I am? If you're offering to buy me a drink, what's it going to be? A Coke? With a straw?

On the other hand, if you held a gun to my dog's head and said, "Give it up, or the mutt gets it!", I might consider it.

Annabelle

sandra-leigh
10-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I guess that's one difference between being a GG and knowing exactly who I am, and having gender issues or a huge amount of pleasure tied up in the feeling of fabric.

When gender issues are present, it is not just a matter you knowing exactly who you are: it also becomes a matter of other people knowing who you are. You, Babs, could shave your head and wear a unisex uniform and everyone would still know in a fraction of a second that you were female, but I have to dress fairly obvious on the female side to get more than one "m'am" in any given season. It might not affect who I am, but it still hurts, not unlike how it hurt that for decades strangers passing by me would yet "F-G!" at me.

bridget thronton
10-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I never have been motivated by money - why start now

JenniferUK
10-21-2012, 12:57 PM
No but it can buy chocolate cupcakes and that's the same thing! lol

No chocolate here hon, a girl has to watch her figure ;-)

J

Lorileah
10-21-2012, 01:19 PM
"Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"

Yes

"Would you sleep with me for 10$"?

What do you think I am?

"We have established that we are just negotiating price now"

For 200$ I would quit for 15 minutes.

Tina B.
10-21-2012, 01:58 PM
I get busy and don't dress for long periods anyway, so sure I'll take that money, at least until I'm in the mood to dress again, then I'll take it down to the mall and buy a few pretty things for Tina, how much I would buy of course would depend on how long it was before I wanted to dress again. Would I not dress for the money, no, but if I'm not dressing anyway, why not cash in on a dumb offer. Karren I know I'm a little old for it, but I would gladly let you adopt me, unless your feeling real healthy, then there's just no point in it.
Tina B.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I actually tried something similar to this in my younger years when I attempted to stop blowing money on fem items that I did not really need and instead blew it on male items (electronics, guy toys, etc.) that I did not really really did not need. All that happened was I wasted a lot of money on complete junk. I know better than to ever attempt this again and it would be impossible for me to bribed to change who I am.

Foxglove
10-21-2012, 02:21 PM
All that happened was I wasted a lot of money on complete junk. I know better than to ever attempt this again and it would be impossible for me to bribed to change who I am.

Good point, Jocelyn. I mean, if I did accept this bribe, what could I do with my time and money that would make me happier?

Wildaboutheels
10-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Ok, So "Every dog has it's day" might still be true but "Every girl has her price" can be put to bed.

?

Lady Catherine
10-21-2012, 02:35 PM
I enjoy dressing very much. However, I have no overwelming NEED to. So, I'd take the money so when it was over I could buy more girlie stuff. Plus, I am getting married in June and I coould put it toward the wedding.

BLUE ORCHID
10-21-2012, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Lorileah;2996055]"Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"

Yes

"Would you sleep with me for 10$"?

What do you think I am?

"We have established that we are just negotiating price now"

Hi Lorileah, ROTF LMAO That was a good one.

BLUE ORCHID
10-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Hi WAH, After 65yrs. of dressing you can't teach an old crossdresser new tricks.

Jilmac
10-21-2012, 03:35 PM
I would lose because I wear panties 24/7 and have no intention of ever going back to men's briefs.

Wildaboutheels
10-21-2012, 04:43 PM
No investors here apparently. Making it a full year would put $5,700 in your pocket total for the whole year. But then one might be tempted to go for a second year and the additional $12,900 in your pocket? I'll let someone else work out what a third year would do.

So hair, nails, makeup and skin alone still wouldn't cut the mustard?

Still gotta have the clothes and forms?

xdressed
10-21-2012, 05:39 PM
No investors here apparently. Making it a full year would put $5,700 in your pocket total for the whole year. But then one might be tempted to go for a second year and the additional $12,900 in your pocket? I'll let someone else work out what a third year would do.

Absolutely, only dying could stop me for a whole year or more

Samantha_Smile
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I'd probably take a month's pay off then dress for 3 days straight with all the clothes and makeup I got with the money :D

Stephanie Miller
10-21-2012, 06:01 PM
So a guy cuddles up to a nice looking lady at a classy bar and asks her
"Would you go to bed with me for a million dollars"?
With a mischievous grin she says "sure".
He then says " would you do it for 1/2 million?"
Now she hesitates but decides to bite " yea, I guess so."
He then says " How about for $5?"
She whirls around quite irritated and states
"Please! What do you take me for? A *****?"
Without missing a beat he says "We've already established that, now were negotiating on price"

I bring this little, well torn ditty, back to life only to state the obvious. Almost all people have a limit. It's just a matter of where that limit is. And for what reason.
For me? Put her away for a little while? Been doing it for about 8 months now due to family reasons. Can't stand it, but it can be done.
Look at all the wonderful women now serving in the armed forces out in the field. They have to put the "pretty" away and grab the drab. They do it, and I thank them. And I haven't heard any rumors that the makeup trailers are going to start showing up at the front lines soon.

sandra-leigh
10-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Almost all people have a limit. It's just a matter of where that limit is. And for what reason.

When I was "working poor" in London UK, I might have considered it seriously. It was Not A Fun Time. I can talk about turning down contracts now in my life, but that wasn't always the case.

Mind you, when I was working in London, I hadn't yet discovered I was a cross-dresser, so it would have been trivial for me to "stop" wearing women's clothes for some months. I would, though, have had a quite hard time if you had asked me to give up books!

PaulaAnn
10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Hah,not a chance,I've wanted to be a woman for over 50 years.All the hurt,tears and sacrifices I've had to make negates any amount of money offered.No doubt a lot of girls here probably have similar thoughts.
Paula.

Miriam-J
10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
A day? week? month? Certainly, especially if the pay was good. Longer ... better be really good compensation. Beyond a couple months, might be pretty difficult.

RADER
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I would lose because I wear panties 24/7 and have no intention of ever going back to men's briefs.

I say "Me To" I have been wearing panties for over 5 years, And now that I am retired, and have the time, Why
would I want to go back to DAB wear.
So keep your money, I am having fun.
Rader

NicoleScott
10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Wild, I'll refuse to answer until I get a bona fide offer, with deposit, and it better be for a lot more than you suggested.

Diane Smith
10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I'll do anything legal for a sufficient price ... but you'd have to increase that offer by two or three orders of magnitude before it would start to sound interesting to me.

(I always tell my students on the first day of school that good grades are totally for sale in my class -- but the bidding starts at a value sufficient for me to retire on in style, since I obviously couldn't ethically continue in my job after taking a bribe. One cute young lady once drew a fake "$1 million" bill with my picture on it and handed it in with her final exam.)

- Diane

mirandacdgirl
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
It would have to be a substantial amount of money to get me to stop all together for a long period of time. I dress when I get the craving to do it, so I never can really tell when or when i'm not.. its just something I do.. and at-least once or twice a week. The money would have to be big..if someone offered me say 3 million id stop form a year. It would be hard to do.. but 3 mill in the bank pretty much would allow me to live comfortably and could buy a lot of clothing!! I know to be happy this is who i am and a part of me.

Jess Marie
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
If there is one thing in this life that can make me happier than anything, it is money. I'm very greedy, so naturally, I will do just about anything for "easy" money. I would drink a glass of milk a day for $10 a week (milk is NASTYYYYY).

I'm probably the only one who will admit I can be bought out of anything for money. So, yes. I could give it up for $2,000 in 6 months. That is $2,000 more than I had before .

sterling12
10-22-2012, 12:25 AM

Your quibbling! I think it's obvious that if someone actually made you the offer, (like an unhappy spouse) then you would also be expected to give up all aspects of your supposed "affliction."

The person requesting wouldn't be interested in just making you abstain from the clothing. They would want to try and expunge all of your behavior(s)! They would NEVER settle for "half a loaf," and if you tried to wear the makeup etc., they would certainly consider that to be breaking the deal.

Peace and Love, Joanie

NicoleScott
10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
With all that money I could buy a new wig and high heels and.......... wait a minute, oh darn.

eluuzion
10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Only if you include health insurance coverage...
That stuff is expensive!:D

Sure, I could do it...

"I am the LIZARD KING, I can do ANYTHING!" :heehee:

Matter of fact...I have been "clean" since February, lol. Not by plan or any "goal"...just busy doing other things. CDing is just not a life-altering experience for me...just another curiosity "toy in the toybox."

There is never a "beginning" or "end" to most things in my life. I just follow my curiosity and motivation at the time. :thumbsup:

Never say never...right? :hugs:

:love:

Frédérique
10-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Could YOU be bribed to Quit?

Crossdressing, you mean? Could you be bribed to quit breathing? :eek:

There is never a "beginning" or "end" to most things in my life. I just follow my curiosity and motivation at the time.

Eluuzion – now there’s a name I haven't seen for a long time! Where have you been? Welcome back? :idontknow:

Stephanie47
10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Would you stop cross dressing if your wife said to stop or she will leave you?

Wildaboutheels
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
There was some kind of study done... Or maybe it was Internet folklore. Something to the effect of they asked a bunch of kids...

You can have one cookie now. Or, IF you can wait till the class period is over... you can have a whole bag of cookies or something like that... with the expected results.

Of course kids and cookies and CDers and dressing is probably not a real good analogy. But haven't most folks had to make various "sacrifices" [at least temporarily] in a number of other aspects of their lives?

sandra-leigh
10-22-2012, 01:03 PM
There was some kind of study done... Or maybe it was Internet folklore. Something to the effect of they asked a bunch of kids...

You can have one cookie now. Or, IF you can wait till the class period is over... you can have a whole bag of cookies or something like that... with the expected results.

This sounds like the Marshmallow studies (Stanford U., 1972), which really did happen. There was a recent study (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/13/the-marshmallow-test-revisited/) that came up with a significant twist to it that showed the results were much more conditional than was thought before.

Jorja
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Would you stop cross dressing if your wife said to stop or she will leave you?

I think most of us have heard that one.

Madam Rose
10-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I believe she should accept you for who you are. No bribing or anything like that. I bet you a\had to put up with crap from her.

Megan_Leah
10-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Probably, but I seriously doubt anyone would or could offer me that kind of money.

bridgetta
10-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Quit? Quit identity? Impossible. You cant stop being you. You cant run away from yourself

krissy
10-24-2012, 11:06 AM
i would not take the bribe ,i cant go with out my bras or panties

May(be)
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Interesting question! I've never considered it before. I guess I could make my JOB not cressdressing. I would have nothing but free time at that point, and then all I would want to do is crossdress!! OH, irony! I'd have to find a distraction. I guess I'd find a job...

Eventually it would be worth it, I think, because once I've made my fortune I could quit my "job" and travel the world crossdressing in new and interesting locations. I could go clubbin' in Dublin. I could be pretty in Paris! Maybe I could go to Bangkok and... nevermind...

sometimes_miss
10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I could probably manage a month o.k.; two would be pushing it. By three, I'd probably be so tense that I'd punch anyone's lights out if they even spoke to me, I'd have to find some other kind of defense mechanism to deal with the frustration, one that I haven't found yet.

Rachel2000
10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Nope. Would not even consider it. I've tried quitting many times on my own and failed miserably. Considering $1950 is far less than my bi-weekly paycheck, I wouldn't even give that challenge the time of day.

Tara D. Rose
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes I could be bribed to quit, but it would take a lot more money than $1950.00 for me to do so.

Rachel2000
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I think most of us have heard that one.

Yep. I've heard it too and I haven't stopped nor has she left me.

suzy1
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM

J

Money can buy you happiness!
But not when it comes to giving up Suzy.
What a grey world I would be living in.

Foxglove
10-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Money can buy you happiness!

I'm glad you said this, Suzy. A friend of mine once said, "If you think that money can't buy you happiness, you're very much mistaken!"

Annabelle

Deborah J.
10-24-2012, 02:10 PM
make it 10 x the money and we may have a deal. $1950 can't even buy me a good Les Paul.

Ahhh, another guitarist. I would not give up my crossdressing or guitar playing for any amount of money. PERIOD!

sissystephanie
10-24-2012, 10:27 PM
There are 3 people in my life for whom I would give up crossdressing if asked! No bribe would be necessary! The request of any one of the three would be enough!!

Barbara Ella
10-24-2012, 11:40 PM
I will just follow Stephanie's lead. Only one person could bribe me, and it would not really be a bribe, all she has to do is ask. She might have a very miserable husband on her hands, that she might not really want to live with. She has said she will never ask this, as she knows how important it is to my life. So just saying..

Barbara