PDA

View Full Version : Handing out candy on Halloween crossdessed?

JamieQ
10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Handing out candy on Halloween crossdessed to little kids? Is that really a good idea eventhough it is Halloween? Thats what I thought about doing but I think it is best to bypass that and do something else.:)

StephanieJ
10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
That's an excellent question. I have wondered the same thing.

A few years ago I dressed as a witch. My wife hated it, but all of the neighbor ladies who brought their kids over thought it was great. I would say keep it "G" rated and you'll have a better chance of acceptance.

Lady Catherine
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
I've done it. Kids and parrents got a big kick out of it.

Jamie Christopher
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
That IS a tough question, depending own your circumstance, oye veh, I'll watch for more comments....

Jamie

ArleneRaquel
10-21-2012, 07:20 PM
I've done it twice, about 2008-2009, I received no negative feedback. I don't believe that I was in my flapper outfit, but it may have been, the flaaper outfit I believe I purchased in 2010.

JamieQ
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
A witch outfit...I have all I need but wanted to wear a black miniskirt, black tights with highheels. Is that just a little bit sleezy..how about a black skirt just above the knees?:)

Rachel Morley
10-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I think you'll get away with it if it's a female costume rather than just dressed en femme in regular female clothes. Just my 2 cents.

JamieQ
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
I've done it twice, about 2008-2009, I received no negative feedback. I don't believe that I was in my flapper outfit, but it may have been, the flaaper outfit I believe I purchased in 2010.

What is a flapper outfit?:eek:

I think you'll get away with it if it's a female costume rather than just dressed en femme in regular female clothes. Just my 2 cents.
Well yes I agree...got to kind of make myself uglier than usual...not look too good.

ArleneRaquel
10-21-2012, 07:36 PM
In 2008-2009 I belive that I wore a Wonder Woman outfit, if my memory isnt' playing tricks on me.

Jenniferathome
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I would say no. You'll become to be known as that weird dude in "xyz" colored house. It's odd, it will be seen as odd.

famousunknown
10-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Bypass that and do something else. You will creep your neighbors out.

rhonda
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Not a halloween person so leave it a lone all together

Alice B
10-21-2012, 10:01 PM
I've done it and had no negative reactions from neighborhood kidsnand lots if positive comments from female parents about my legs. May do it again this year.

bridgetta
10-21-2012, 10:02 PM
No. Dont dress up as a woman for the display to children. Its their holiday. Not an adult holiday.

Eryn
10-21-2012, 10:02 PM
What is a flapper outfit?:eek:

1920s clothing for women of, ummm, wobbly moral compass.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2413/2413304592_14ecdcced2.jpg

I've considered it, but the problem is that I don't consider Eryn to be a costume. I'd rather be doing somethng that I enjoy if I'm going to go to the trouble of getting dressed and made up.

jsunic_1978
10-21-2012, 10:17 PM
its ok to be a which on halloween

Beverley Sims
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Dress in a costume for sure and it would not seem sinister as it would regularly dressed to pass as a female.

I also agree Eryn is not a costume, neither is Beverley, but what about that flapper outfit? :)

Erica Marie
10-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I guess it depends on how open minded your neighbors are. Then if you decide to, I would suggest a modest witch costume or something on that line. To go enfemme may not be just the best idea.

jsunic_1978
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
This is the problem why we think we are not accepted. dont dress how you normally dress as a female, but really over do it for hallaween. I could care a S less if im known as that weird dude, tough i have never passed out candy. I come n go from home all the time dressed. Were not harming anyone and overall good neighbors so were not weird.

famousunknown
10-21-2012, 10:26 PM
its ok to be a which on halloween

I'd say neighbors will think you're very strange and don't do it. People will think you're like the guy from 'silence of the lambs'.

Bree-asaurus
10-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Do what you want. Just watch that fine line between what people perceive as you just being a weirdo crossdresser and you being a weirdo pedophile crossdresser trying to lure kids with candy.

People jump to all sorts of conclusions and you don't want to end up on the evening news.

jsunic_1978
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
if anyone wants to pass out candy, dont do it dressed period? I dont get it. Im sure our neighbors see us as we come and go. I really dont associate with neighbors. just hello and good bye, thats it. Keep the yard yp and the curb appeal, its ALL THEY ASK and quiet

when is society going to educuate people? it starts with kids. were ot weirdos, we are just in the wrong bodies and need to express out fem side. Let that be known and thats all that has to be known.

girltoy
10-21-2012, 10:45 PM
No. Dont dress up as a woman for the display to children. Its their holiday. Not an adult holiday.

I should inform my sister that it's not an "adult" holiday so she can call off the party and not have to worry about decorating the house for 30+ adults...

Personally, I think that Halloween is for everyone. I still keep candy around on the 31st, but more just in case. I've had 5 groups of trick-or-treaters in as many years. My costume this year is femme based, however I'm not using Halloween as my reason for dressing en femme. "It's Halloween!" does seem like a handy excuse for answering the door dressed as a woman...but I still prefer the fun of adding a costume to the mix! :D

jsunic_1978
10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
i agree. I guess dressing how we usually dress to pass would be king of weird, just like any genetic male or female without a costume.

Bree-asaurus
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Yup. Halloween is for everybody. But adults who want to enjoy it might want to dress up and go hit the clubs. Far more fun than passing out candy to kids who don't need candy in the first place :P

heatherdress
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Much of this decision depends upon your neighborhood and the outfit you wear. If you live in a neighborhood with a lot of young kids, some accompanying parents may think you are a bit creepy if you dress in a sexy outfit to hand out Snickers to their little kids. If your neighborhood is more established with older kids, or if you live in a diverse city neighborhood - no one will care and you may get even get compliments, no matter what you wear.

JamieQ
10-22-2012, 04:49 AM
There are not hardly any kids on our neighbourhood, its an older person street but people view it is a richer part of town so they will come in droves. I am going to go with my gut instinct and not hand out the candy dressed enfemme. It is kind of the same philosophy that I never walk enfemme near a school zone, specially near a primary school. I can just imagine people viewing me as a child predator. Eventhough its Halloween I think its best to do something else.

linda allen
10-22-2012, 06:07 AM
Bypass that and do something else. You will creep your neighbors out.

That's my thought. Men who dress as women and hand out candy to little children are suspect no matter what their motives. Best not to give them the opportunity to even think about it.

Now if you and your wife stand side by side and hand out the candy, it would be a little less creepy so if you just can't resist, get your wife into costume as well and both answer the door.

Erica2Sweet
10-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Handing out candy on Halloween crossdessed to little kids? Is that really a good idea eventhough it is Halloween? Thats what I thought about doing but I think it is best to bypass that and do something else.:)

Why do you think it is best to bypass it? Is there something about your crossdressing that, perhaps, makes you feel like a corruptible influence?

There are not hardly any kids on our neighbourhood, its an older person street but people view it is a richer part of town so they will come in droves. I am going to go with my gut instinct and not hand out the candy dressed enfemme. It is kind of the same philosophy that I never walk enfemme near a school zone, specially near a primary school. I can just imagine people viewing me as a child predator. Eventhough its Halloween I think its best to do something else.

This is yet another post where you seem to be suggesting that you feel your crossdressing paints you as some sort of corrupting influence on young people. Why? What does presenting yourself as a member of the opposite gender have to do with you being some sort of a predator? Further, why are you seemingly so wrapped up in what other people, whom you do not even know, might think about you?

You seem to be operating on assumptions made regarding total strangers, before any of these strangers even have the opportunity to judge you. So, if you've not yet put yourself out there to be judged, then where do you suppose this rush to judgement is coming from?...yes it's a loaded question. :)

linda allen
10-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Erica, there are people in our world and our neighborhoods who equate crossdressing with being some sort of pervert and of course, perverts are a danger to children and a disgrace in our neighborhoods.

We may know that we are not "perverts", but that's not what matters, it's what others may think and what they may do that really matters.

It's a cruel, messed up world we live in, but it's the only one available and except for those among us who really don't care, we have to live within its limitations.

You make be willing to stick it in people's faces and say "I'm a crossdresser, so what?", but most of us can't put ourselves and our families in that position.

Erica2Sweet
10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Erica, there are people in our world and our neighborhoods who equate crossdressing with being some sort of pervert and of course, perverts are a danger to children and a disgrace in our neighborhoods.

We may know that we are not "perverts", but that's not what matters, it's what others may think and what they may do that really matters.

It's a cruel, messed up world we live in, but it's the only one available and except for those among us who really don't care, we have to live within its limitations.

You make be willing to stick it in people's faces and say "I'm a crossdresser, so what?", but most of us can't put ourselves and our families in that position.

You are operating on assumptions about people you do not know. There are no laws I'm aware of that state a crossdresser who is out on public is breaking any law. Actually, in many places there are laws that categorize threats against us as hate crimes.

I don't feel your assertion is correct. I don't stick anything in anyone's face when I go out during the day. When I'm out I mind my manners, treat the people around me with respect and expect to be treated similarly. "Not caring" isn't the right attitude to carry at all. What I'm doing, like others here are, is actively "taking my place" in the world. Believe me, I care. But what I refuse to do is subscribe to a way of thinking about my gender expression that forces me to not be able to exit the front door without fear of attack in some way, shape or form.

Other people do not have the right to attack you, and if you present and conduct yourself with dignity, and use good common sense, you likely will never be attacked, verbally or otherwise.

Living in fear of what may or may not come to pass is a CHOICE we each make for ourselves. I strongly feel your enemy here is not the big bad world, it's your own subconscious. It does mean things to us we don't fully realize sometimes, and making us doubt our place in the world, and the spoils that come with that is one of them. ;)

kimdl93
10-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I'll be out of town for Halloween or I'd be en femme at the door. I doubt that anyone would object.

Ressie
10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Dress as a hooker and hand out condoms! Seriously, I would try to find an adult party to attend if you want to cross dress.

Amanda22
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Since I dress en femme almost constantly, I'll sit with my wife on our front porch drinking wine, laughing, and handing out treats.

linda allen
10-22-2012, 09:54 AM
You are operating on assumptions about people you do not know. There are no laws I'm aware of that state a crossdresser who is out on public is breaking any law. Actually, in many places there are laws that categorize threats against us as hate crimes.

I don't feel your assertion is correct. I don't stick anything in anyone's face when I go out during the day. When I'm out I mind my manners, treat the people around me with respect and expect to be treated similarly. "Not caring" isn't the right attitude to carry at all. What I'm doing, like others here are, is actively "taking my place" in the world. Believe me, I care. But what I refuse to do is subscribe to a way of thinking about my gender expression that forces me to not be able to exit the front door without fear of attack in some way, shape or form.

Other people do not have the right to attack you, and if you present and conduct yourself with dignity, and use good common sense, you likely will never be attacked, verbally or otherwise.

Living in fear of what may or may not come to pass is a CHOICE we each make for ourselves. I strongly feel your enemy here is not the big bad world, it's your own subconscious. It does mean things to us we don't fully realize sometimes, and making us doubt our place in the world, and the spoils that come with that is one of them. ;)
Erica, I know I'm not going to convince you so I won't even try. At the same time, I hope you understand that my world may be different from yours and I have to live in my world. You can see that the responses on this issue are divided with several pretty much sharing my view.

Barbra P
10-22-2012, 10:06 AM
I’ve been married 42 years and have lived in the same house, in a quiet neighborhood, for 36 years and I have passed out candy on Halloween dressed enfemme something like 30 of those years. The only comments I have gotten have been positive, most years I get a question or two prior to Halloween confirming that yes I am going to dress this year too. The women in the neighborhood seem the most supporting but when my own children were younger and I’d walk them around the neighborhood I had men tell me to come back later for a beer. I dress in semi-casual women’s clothes, nothing sexy, with makeup, wig, perfume, some jewelry, and while my feet don’t complain, heels.

Close to 30 years ago my Wife and I took our Daughter to the Elementary School’s Halloween Festival; Halloween festivals are no longer PC here so now it is a Harvest Festival, same festival, nothing has changed but the name. Anyway, I went enfemme and had absolutely no problems. Actually, the local National Guard was there displaying some equipment and a female sergeant made me, not all that to do, and came over to chat.

Other than Halloween I have always been in the closet. Then in early 2011 I told my Physician and I started seeing a Therapist a month later. Pretty much everyone on the circle (block) knows I dress on a fairly regular basis now. I have had female neighbors come over and ask if I wanted to walk my dog with them when I’m dressed enfemme. I’ve been given a dress, jewelry, and some makeup; one woman works at Macy’s in the lingerie department and she has told me I should buy my bras from her. One neighbor around the circle, a particularly ignorant, bigoted Neanderthal sometimes gives me a dirty look but he has never actually said anything to me about the way I dress; he has bigger fish to fry, like the neighbor woman who admits to smoking pot and the neighbors across the street from him who have committed the sin of being Black.

Many years ago I attended a Halloween party at a police lieutenants home and it turned out I was not the only one there enfemme, the Principal from the local Elementary School was also enfemme, and looking very good too. Another year we held a Halloween and a fellow police officer came enfemme; he was a bit miffed when a slide of the two of us was part of the slide show at the department’s Christmas Banquet. And one year the Chief of Police came to our party, he was dating a friend of my Wife’s, and when the party died down demanded that we go out on the town and I literally became part of the floor show at one of San Diego’s most prestigious night spots; one of the scantily clad females in the show came over to the table asked for the house lights to come up and I had to stand so I could be seen by a few hundred party goers.

I don’t think Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s famous line “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself” is quite true yet but I agree Erica that far too many here on the forum take their personal fears to the extreme. Folks, by all means keep it safe, yes there are some people out there that would hurt you given the chance, but many of those same people would hurt you no matter how you are dressed; you don’t have to let your fears dictate your life. The vast majority of people don’t care anything about you and won’t give you a second thought, they are entirely wrapped up in their own lives and their own problems and fears.

famousunknown
10-22-2012, 10:56 AM
This is yet another post where you seem to be suggesting that you feel your crossdressing paints you as some sort of corrupting influence on young people. Why? What does presenting yourself as a member of the opposite gender have to do with you being some sort of a predator?
Nine out of ten people will tell you if asked - yes, they think it’s either weird or creepy to see a man dressed up as a woman. If you want to become known in your neighborhood as the ‘weird pervert’ that’s your call.
I get your point of view, but I can assure you that society doesn’t.

jsunic_1978
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
In my case, I use to DRINK A LOT! I MEAN A LOT I was afraid of comming out. People like me today. most importanly, I like my self. People cant get close if we dont like our selves. I have nothing to prove today. I can just be my self and enjoy life. some people may not like us at first, but our mannerism and pliotness and confidences really sells. thats what people protray us as.., how well we treat others and with no motives, just being good people.

pretty messed up if some still dont like black, mexican and any others REAL MESSED UP. the ignortant has bigger problems with them selves. ignorant people cant be happy with them selves nor acceot certain things about them selves so its easier to hate evreyone else.

GeminaRenee
10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm of the "don't do it" camp.

While I fully understand that there is no correlation between corruption of youth and crossdressing, I just don't think the rest of the world shares that opinion. Furthermore, people get astoundingly protective in matters related to their offspring. Why chance it? Is there something to be achieved by handing out candy dressed en femme? Your mileage may vary, but I know the answer would be a firm 'no' for me.

There's a million other times and places for us to assert ourselves as trans. The child-oriented facet of a major holiday is not one of them, IMHO.

Cheryl T
10-22-2012, 11:18 AM
If you're in costume I'd say it's fine...
If you're just dressed in everyday clothes then I wouldn't do it...

jsunic_1978
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
no matter how a paeson dresses, people are viewed as child preadotors if anyone engages conversation with the kid instead of a friendly reply hello back when the kid sais hello. Just hi and good by, no negative views.

Stephanie47
10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
I often wondered what it would be like to hand out candy at Halloween totally en femme. This morning as I am banging away on the keyboard I'm wearing a Merona black and white knee length print dress, black thigh highs and black heels. Underneath are the proper undergarments. Grey wig. But, no makeup! Apply makeup and hand out candy? I would be totally hesitant. It only take one person with no sense of Halloween humor to make life a little hectic. Sure, if you are out already and everyone knows you like wearing women's clothing and you're known for it, then what the heck.

I will make a suggestion. If you and your wife wear matching attire, then you may be able to pass yourself and your wife off as 'DoubleMint" twins of the chewing gum commercials. You can tell those making an inquiry at the door, that you and your wife are going to an adult party after the treats have been distributed.

If that does not seem OK to you, then I'd go for an obvious female costume, such as a witch. Then again, you can be the witch and your wife a warlock. Or just plain role switching!

I'd would just try to do something that would put any fears of a 'dirty old man' or 'pervert' to rest. I know there are those who obvious feel everyone should be out there regardless of the consequences of the reaction. That's great! Only each individual has to deal with the personal consequences of their actions.

jsunic_1978
10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Ok, so what happens if a person transitions? do they have to move to a totally different state and start all over? My answer is NO but schools teach graphic sex education as early as fifth grade, but no one teaches acceptance of how people like to dress, as long as we dress properly for public, whatever if its en fem or any other way. How come its acceptable for women to wear all mens clothes and no make up? I was fully dressed yestreday presenting as a guy. when I do this, im in just jeans, womens flannel, can be mens to, but the material is lighter, uggs clogs and a t shirt under the flannes. No one batted an eye nor looked at me any differently.

jsunic_1978
10-22-2012, 11:41 AM
also, when I go to stores as Jen. sometimes kids say hi to me, but I shy away, but there parents will say hello and smile, its ok. The more we get out and show were just human and great people like evreyone else, society will adapt, not chance. Thats all we want.

Debra Russell
10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
It's Halloween - dress as you wish - behave appropriatly and nothing to worry about. I have dressed totally femmed up to look as pretty and passable as possible - enjoyed every minute of passing out candy to all ages - no problem........................Debra

Chickhe
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
There is one rule I go by... It is a costume, it is not becoming another gender for the night. You want to keep it light and fun for everyone even if it is not as enjoyable to yourself to not -be- yourself. People will respect you for the effort you put in to your costume and they will enjoy it if you joke with them. Doing just a plain female can weird some people out...but doing a theme... ugly witch or a bride or something a little more outrageous is good. I've done it and I've tried to look as female as possible (female in costume)...and its funny, I think I actually did 'fool' mostly everyone except a few teenagers and for them I give a deep scarry evil laugh as they run away! My excuse, its halloween and what could be more scary than putting some of my own fears on display and having fun too. Also, there are benefits to being known as the crazy guy down the street...but give out good treats so they don't egg your place. My answer to anyone is ...'its all in good fun!'

Angela Campbell
10-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Parents get weird sometimes when it involves the children. If you live alone and dress in a female costume and have an exchanged with kids be prepared for the possibility of a parent not liking it. They may not care if you crossdress on your own in private but it will come down to "not around my kids" Be careful. I live alone and No neighbor has a clue I dress up, but my light stays off for Halloween. I don't even give out candy in drab. I did when I lived with my ex.

Veronica27
10-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I dressed up to distribute the candy about 10 or 11 years ago, and received nothing but positive responses from everyone. At the time, I was totally closeted, and it was my wife's suggestion that I do so. She realized that being closeted could be a bit frustrating, and felt that being seen under the guise of Halloween might be fun for me. She was there as well, but not in costume, and a few times I answered the door by myself. My daring adventure was the talk of the neighbourhood for a day or so, and those who missed it told me they hoped I did it again the next year so they could see. The only tense moment came when four teenagers showed up, three boys and one girl. The boys laughed, and then pointing at my chest just said "are they real?", while the girl, who seated herself in one of our porch chairs, smiled and said "you should shave your legs".

I was not as adept at dressing back then, as I had not been dressing fully very long, and I had no delusions about being passable, even though I tried to dress as "normally" as possible for a woman. I live in a rural village, where everyone knows everyone, and the kids are always accompanied by parents at Halloween, because of the darkness and distances between houses. How closely they come to the door, depends upon the age of the kids. The thought that anyone might consider it "perverted" never crossed my mind, because of our circumstances and the fact that we are well known. I was more concerned that they might think that I did this all the time, rather than just for that Halloween.

I did dress again the next two years, partly because of the reactions of those who had seemed disappointed at missing me, and partly for the thrill of allowing myself to be seen dressed again. I camped it up a bit the next year, trying to look like a friendly witch and then quite a bit more the third year dressed up in a white lacy and frilly outfit looking like a cross between a bride and a wingless angel, to make it appear more like a costume than crossdressing. I stopped doing it after that, to prevent giving the impression that I actually was a crossdresser. A few couples, expressed disappointment that I had not dressed up again, but it appears to have been forgotten now.

Whether or not it is advisable to do this depends upon your personal situation and the nature of your neighbourhood. I don't think that many people look upon it as being creepy or perverted, especially if you are well known in your community. It is Halloween, after all, and people do all sorts of wierd things on that night.

Veronica

Ressie
10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe a Mrs. Doubtfire costume. But most kids are too young to have seen the movie.

famousunknown
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
How come its acceptable for women to wear all mens clothes and no make up?
Oh please, don’t run that tired scenario in this thread. That’s not what this thread is about.

Parents get weird sometimes when it involves the children. If you live alone and dress in a female costume and have an exchanged with kids be prepared for the possibility of a parent not liking it. They may not care if you crossdress on your own in private but it will come down to "not around my kids" Be careful. I live alone and No neighbor has a clue I dress up, but my light stays off for Halloween. I don't even give out candy in drab. I did when I lived with my ex.

Exactly. Most parents will not like it. And, you’ll gain a rep for being the neighborhood freak show. It’s not worth it. If you want to CD for Halloween, go out to a night club somewhere.

Madam Rose
10-22-2012, 06:29 PM
No No you should totally do it. It's Halloween. Kids will just think your dressing for the day. And hey atleast you won't be the 7 year old in a Barney costume.