PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

StephanieJ
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Is anyone else addicted to the AMC show, "The Walking Dead"?

I have a real quandary about the show... Sunday afternoons are the perfect time for me to get dressed up, but I've found that Stephanie really doesn't like watching scary shows. It just doesn't seem very lady like...

So who do I spend my evening with? Stephanie or AMC?

gonegirl
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
That's a fun show. My vote is for you to spend an evening with Zombie Stephanie.

:)
Mac.

Lady Catherine
10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Which one makes you more happy? Or, DVR it and watch another night.

StephanieJ
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
That's a fun show. My vote is for you to spend an evening with Zombie Stephanie.

:)
Mac.

Zombie Stephanie... I LOVE IT!!! Perhaps that's what I should do for Halloween.

girltoy
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Every week we gather at my girlfriend's place for dinner and the dead ... great time to socialize and do something our entire group enjoys. This season, due to scheduling issues, we're watching it on DVR on Mondays... SO NO SPOILERS!

NicoleScott
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm not, but my teenager is addicted. I'm somewhat bored with it.
Kill zombie - splat - on to sub-plot - kill zombie - splat -move to safe ground - kill zombie - splat - another sub-plot -etc ad nauseum.
In need of resolution (my guess, it's all a dream).

Jenniferathome
10-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm hooked on that show!

Bree-asaurus
10-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Umm... you ARE Stephanie... so if you wanna watch it... then watch it.

Last I checked, women are free to watch zombie movies.

Colleen1989
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Love the show! I understand your dilemma, but a girl needs a good scare every once in a while.

Eryn
10-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I was going to move this thread to Media, but it seems to be more about crossdressing than the show so I'll leave it be.

Braaainnssss....

Bree-asaurus
10-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I was trying to find my zombified Facebook picture from last year... but I can't!

But zombies and women mix quite well! Maybe I'll make a new picture this year :P

EDIT:

<----- There! Female Zombie. And the world hasn't ended.

Yet.

TGMarla
10-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Oh brother! Spare me the "Stephanie doesn't like scary shows" crap. You're still you, and if you like the show, toss on a skirt and enjoy it. Sheesh!

Beverley Sims
10-21-2012, 10:25 PM
I see more zombies at the mall during the day.
Dress up, go behind the television and scare the hell out of them. :)

CorsetAngel
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm so addicted to that show. Mmm, Brains.

Anyways, I just have a little problem with the show, and the continuity of the story line. Like the end of season two, then Season 3 began last week, and Laurie is about to pop like she's 9 months pregnant, when she just found out at the end of season 2. And where the heck did they get silencers for their guns? Lots of unanswered questions left opened. Biggest one is, how's it all going to end? My bet is it'll last maybe 4 or 5 seasons, and they'll rebuild civilization after losing many key characters and gaining newer ones. But, it would be cool, if it ends with Rick waking up from his comma from the beginning of the show, to find the whole thing has been nothing but a giant dream.

girltoy
10-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm so addicted to that show. Mmm, Brains.

Anyways, I just have a little problem with the show, and the continuity of the story line. Like the end of season two, then Season 3 began last week, and Laurie is about to pop like she's 9 months pregnant, when she just found out at the end of season 2. And where the heck did they get silencers for their guns? Lots of unanswered questions left opened. Biggest one is, how's it all going to end? My bet is it'll last maybe 4 or 5 seasons, and they'll rebuild civilization after losing many key characters and gaining newer ones. But, it would be cool, if it ends with Rick waking up from his comma from the beginning of the show, to find the whole thing has been nothing but a giant dream.

Go to AMCtv.com for the 4 part webisodes that connect season 2 and 3. I'm guessing (based off the comic books from which the show is inspired) that it's not just a dream...

oliviall
10-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Big fan here of many of the AMC shows (Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Hell On Wheels)...

mirandacdgirl
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
I find I'm a big horror fan! I'm not too different when i'm a girl then when i'm a boy as far as the things I like ;)

Kelli Ca
10-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Watching it now as a mattater of fact you can always DVr it

kymmieLorain
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
yeah I am addicted to walking dead, along with SOA and Revolutuion. Being Kymmie is a closet tomboy she is addicted too.

Kymmie

Bree-asaurus
10-21-2012, 11:17 PM
yeah I am addicted to walking dead, along with SOA and Revolutuion. Being Kymmie is a closet tomboy she is addicted too.

Kymmie

I love SOA.

I thought it was pretty cool that they had a tranny on the show (the sex worker, boobs and penis variety) without making fun of him/her.

Jess Marie
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Love Walking Dead and so does Jess! Nothing like eating some chips and dip while watching Walking Dead.

Random story: Friends and I try to eat lasagna and other things that look like the zombie all bashed up. First one to lose their appetite has to buy the beer for the next Sunday of Football.

Nocturnal Kaylee
10-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Umm... you ARE Stephanie... so if you wanna watch it... then watch it.

Came to say this. I never understood how anybody can disassociate while cross dressed. Its just clothes.

Bree-asaurus
10-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Came to say this. I never understood how anybody can disassociate while cross dressed. Its just clothes.

It happens to some people who grow up repressing who they really are. They figure it out in time, but until they do come to terms with their true identity, it's easier for them to think of themselves as two different people.

Meghan
10-22-2012, 12:13 AM

In my opinion it's not just clothes. It's an expression, a point of view, a statement and/or an art. Disassociating may or may not be a way to describe the process. Perhaps what looks like disassociation to an outside observer is actually an inward connection, or more specifically a way to tune into what is usually dissonance.

Meghan

Erina
10-22-2012, 12:19 AM

My thought exactly. But it's quite common on this forum to talk about yourself in second person. So if this is meant to be like one of those jokes then I see the fun. If this is more serious, If being Stephanie spoils for some reason. Then you should watch the series in guy mode, how many good zombie series exist in this world? Take this opportunity!

I rarely ever watch TV. But I love that show. Real zombie fan here! :)

Nocturnal Kaylee
10-22-2012, 12:30 AM
I love SOA.

I thought it was pretty cool that they had a tranny on the show (the sex worker, boobs and penis variety) without making fun of him/her.

Why does it seem like anytime there's a trans person on TV their either being laughed at, a sex worker or being murdered? Where are all the normal trans folk?

Bree-asaurus
10-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Why does it seem like anytime there's a trans person on TV their either being laughed at, a sex worker or being murdered? Where are all the normal trans folk?

Trans people are usually only used in media for shock value because they are not well understood by the general public.

As far as the tranny in SOA, that didn't seem like a mockery of trans people, because there are trans people just like the tranny in SOA. And no one was disrespectful of her either. In fact, a few of the other characters actually had a thing for her.

I didn't really like how transwomen were depicted in Rescue Me... that was horrible. Nip/Tuck was a little better, but still had problems.

Now, if Family Guy or Southpark mocks a trans person, that's a good thing. They mock everything. If they don't mock something, that's when you should be worried :P

Meghan
10-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Now, if Family Guy or Southpark mocks a trans person, that's a good thing. They mock everything. If they don't mock something, that's when you should be worried :P

Bree...Two things...

1. Great point. If something isn't the subject of satire then it might not be relevant.

2. Your profile pictures are getting progressively more scary. Nicely done!

Meghan

Gizmo, Debbie
10-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Not long finished season 2 of "The Walking Dead" here in the UK. Great program the concentrates more on the humanity side of things as apposed to the blood and guts action of other zombie programs/film.
I've got both seasons on my harddrive and thinking about putting it onto DVD for safe keeping.

Erica2Sweet
10-22-2012, 07:03 AM
...but I've found that Stephanie really doesn't like watching scary shows. It just doesn't seem very lady like...

It's true in exploring gender boundaries, we often possess two separate presentations in terms of outward appearance, one male, one female. But the bottom line is, both sides of us share the same mind and body. You will do yourself a huge favor in the long run if you get out of the habit of treating yourself like two entirely different people and realize that what Stephanie enjoys, you enjoy in boy-mode too. You're making life more complicated than what it needs to be.

True your current approach does afford the ego some protections, but I think you'll realize one day that they are unneeded and are just a hindrance to better understanding your internal self.

I know this sounds a bit cryptic, but once you realize what I mean I think you'll have a truly "ah ha" moment. :)

StephanieJ
10-22-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm not, but my teenager is addicted. I'm somewhat bored with it.
Kill zombie - splat - on to sub-plot - kill zombie - splat -move to safe ground - kill zombie - splat - another sub-plot -etc ad nauseum.
In need of resolution (my guess, it's all a dream).

Oooh, that's an intriguing possibility for an ending. Very insightful for someone not into the show...

StephanieJ
10-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Every week we gather at my girlfriend's place for dinner and the dead ... great time to socialize and do something our entire group enjoys. This season, due to scheduling issues, we're watching it on DVR on Mondays... SO NO SPOILERS!

Dinner and the Dead sounds AMAZING. Okay, no spoilers, but - will Hershel live or die? I'm stumped...

PS. Love your avatar girltoy. Very Zombie esque..

StephanieJ
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
It's true in exploring gender boundaries, we often possess two separate presentations in terms of outward appearance, one male, one female. But the bottom line is, both sides of us share the same mind and body. You will do yourself a huge favor in the long run if you get out of the habit of treating yourself like two entirely different people and realize that what Stephanie enjoys, you enjoy in boy-mode too. You're making life more complicated than what it needs to be.

True your current approach does afford the ego some protections, but I think you'll realize one day that they are unneeded and are just a hindrance to better understanding your internal self.

I know this sounds a bit cryptic, but once you realize what I mean I think you'll have a truly "ah ha" moment. :)

That's actually a very good point and amazingly almost exactly what my therapist has said. Perhaps next week Steph will have her first date with a zombie. Maybe I'll even cook up some lasagna and see how it goes...

Simone.B
10-23-2012, 08:07 PM
So has anyone besides me considered this: Would I still find a way to dress if there was a zombie outbreak?

laura_09
10-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I love SOA.

If you watch FX at all, you might recognize that tranny on SOA as Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) from Justified. Goggins can play some very diverse roles. Justified is another great TV show (is that a pun?) but it's not on AMC. I like it for Timothy Olyphant and Natalie Zea.

laura_09
10-23-2012, 08:36 PM
So has anyone besides me considered this: Would I still find a way to dress if there was a zombie outbreak?

I'll bet you would find a way, but it would be hard to out run the zombies while you had heels on.

Ashley D.
10-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Walking Dead ans SOA are the only shows I watch.
I don't have TV so I wate for them to hit Netflix.

Tera
10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Omg I absolutely LOVE The Walking Dead! It may very well be my favorite show. I've been a fan of the comic series for longer and I gotta say I like how they're two somewhat different stories. But haven't reached the end yet so I have no idea what's gonna happen! And I actually just started watching SOA today per a friends recommendation and I'm hooked. One thing: anyone who knows the show tell what it means when they say SAMCRO? I fear it may be a dumb question but answer it anyway please :)

Bree-asaurus
10-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Omg I absolutely LOVE The Walking Dead! It may very well be my favorite show. I've been a fan of the comic series for longer and I gotta say I like how they're two somewhat different stories. But haven't reached the end yet so I have no idea what's gonna happen! And I actually just started watching SOA today per a friends recommendation and I'm hooked. One thing: anyone who knows the show tell what it means when they say SAMCRO? I fear it may be a dumb question but answer it anyway please :)

Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original (the redwood chapter was the first)

Tera
10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Aha! That's what I thought but just wanted confirmation. Thanks Bree

sometimes_miss
10-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Male or female, I like watching romantic dramas. As there aren't many currently in the U.S., I'm right now focusing on South Korea's many mini series. Right now is " Boys over flowers'. found on dramacrazy.net and crunchyroll.com. Free, with english subtitles. Lots of shows there.