PDA

View Full Version : An involuntary time out

kimdl93
10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I recently spent two weeks away attending to family and business matters, during which time I was obliged to be en drabbe full time. Those of you who know me are aware that I live about 70% of the time en femme. I have to admit, I found that I was less than happy with presenting as a male for even this relatively brief interval. It renewed my appreciation for those of you who have far fewer opportunities to express your feminine side.

Beverley Sims
10-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Similarly to you Kim, about 60% of the time here.
I have a reluctance to change until the last minute before going out.
I am dressed at least sometime every day and if I missed I would feel frustration with not being dressed.

Amanda22
10-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Kim, I am so spoiled being able to dress en femme whenever I want. I can't imagine how hard it would be to wait for an opportunity months into the future when events aligned to present some dressing time. I'm really blessed.

Stephanie47
10-22-2012, 12:32 PM
For several years my wife took off in the fall to visit our daughter in the mid West. She went for seven to ten days. That presented the opportunity to be en femme 24/7. Unless it was imperative to be in male clothes, it was en femme 24/7. As a cross dresser in a DADT relationship, I cherished those days. Our daughter moved back to our area, so my wife's trips are a thing of the past. Unless I have to do real 'manly' chores that would be best suited dressed in male attire, I'd never take off my dress. I remember the days when I use to have to rely on an hour or two. Now I have seven hours a day for Stephanie. I know it is nerve racking for many to only be able to grab an hour every month or so. Be there, done that!

suchacutie
10-22-2012, 12:46 PM
One of the challenges for us who found our feminine selves late in life is that we were in male mode for so long that we have established male lives. It's even crazier when we had great male lives, with activities we loved to do that our femme selves really don't care about at all!

Thus, it becomes an evolutionary process where we learn how to rearrange our lives in order to give our femme selves enough time to flourish...and enough time to learn how to shorten the transition time! :) The most effective nuance for me has been to work the things that Tina likes into our lives, so that to get those things done we need Tina! That mode of operation also slowly evolves some of the things that my male self cared less about, but which Tina likes, into the Tina mainstream, making Tina more and more a natural part of existing!

Being transgendered really is fascinating!

Megan Briana
10-22-2012, 01:06 PM
I generally get to dress when I want to, but there are times when I can't. Those are usually short periods of time running a couple of hours. My worst was when I was on a summer vacation with my children and my ex-in-laws for eight days. I was able to wear my undies, but I was always worried that my ex-mother-in-law would scoop up my laundry and see them. She never did, but it was nerve racking. A Summer vacation to Orlando in the middle of the Summer! Boy did i miss my cami's and capri's, nightshirts and silky gowns. Since then, I have not had a day where I could spend at least a few hours wearing more than just underwear; an unfilled, soft cup bra hides very well under a knitted polo shirt btw.

linda allen
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I have to go into male mode when I leave the house and I occasionally have to stay away in male mode for days at a time. Well, "male", but usually in panties and sometimes a bra.

It's frustrating but when I get home, I try to resist the urge to run in the house and stick my boobs on, just for my wife's sake.

But like Kim, I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to dress more than I used to and more than a lot of folks here.

Laura912
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Kim, I cannot resist this. Are you bragging or complaining? You are being teased by one envious of your 70 percent. :)

kimdl93
10-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Kim, I cannot resist this. Are you bragging or complaining? You are being teased by one envious of your 70 percent. :)

Neither. Life happens. But it reminded me that I actually have it pretty good.

michelleddg
10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Kim, that had to be tough on you, but your posts always exhibit thoughtfulness and consideration for others as a priority, so I'm sure you took it all in stride and made the best of the situation until the time was right to return to your happy place...Hugs, Michelle

Cynthia Anne
10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
I would call that kinda' like a wake-up call! Sometimes we forget how good we have it! Thanks for the reminder!

Megan70
10-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Next summer I plan to go to the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg, Plan on traveling down and back en femme and at least 2 days in town and battle reenactment as female, other 2 as costumed(male) reenactor. Thats 50% for me. Evey you both.