PDA

View Full Version : Do you think crossdressing makes you healthier and better? I do.

Jaymees22
10-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I know I feel so much better when I'm dressed and even when I'm not, just knowing I'll be able to again. I feel I'm eating healthier and have gone from a size 10, 6 months ago when I started dressing, to a size 8. I lost about 16lbs. Instead of stuffing myself to feel better, I can release my tension and frustrations through dressing. I feel I'm taking better care of myself too, as far as my appearance goes. Before I usually accidently shaved myself when cutting, now with some tips from here I get a real smooth shave without injury. Also get to shave things I never thought of shaving before. Who knew wearing nail polish was such a kick, not me. I've never felt better in my life and wish I would of started this journey sooner. Any thoughts on how you feel???

Meghan
10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Without a doubt yes.

I am off my anxiety meds now that I am out

I have lost about 30 pounds since April and am eating better than ever

The acne on my legs, which as there since I was a kid, is gone now for whatever the reason

I use lotion, moisturizers, conditioner etc where I didn't use any of that stuff before

Most importantly, I am now exercising at least 3x per week

My makeup doesn't go bad from sitting in a hot storage closet hidden away from the world

Not to mention all of the organization that has come from being connected mentally with my physical self.

My health has absolutely improved beyond anything I ever felt was possible.

Thank you for the interesting question...Meghan

kimdl93
10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
If CDing helps motivate you to maintain a healthier weight and diet,then that's great. I would acknowledge that I feel better when I'm dressed from an emotional stand point. That counts for something.

Michelle 2
10-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi Jaymee,

Crossdressing is healthier for you. Caring for your skin, eating smaller portions and healthier to wear a smaller dress size is all part of being feminine. Add womans workout exercises for toning and over time you have a healthier more glamorous you.

Inna has stated numerous times in her posts that it is a conscious shift on how you view your self. As you progress your self confidence will build and your mind and body comes together in sinc. For some it is easier, others take a little longer but in the end I believe we will add a few years to our lives by staying the course. It takes time and effort but like anything else in life there is a reward for us at the end of the rainbow.

Michelle

ArleneRaquel
10-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Having a serene life while CD'ing (24/7 here ) is a great benefit to my mental/physical health. I also eat better when a female, but I'm still far from perfect.:)

Veronica27
10-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Crossdressing is one of the best stress relievers you can find. But don't take my word for it. Dr. Vernon Coleman has been writing about this for about two decades. The link below, is a list of his writings on a wide variety of subjects. If you scan down the list, there are about 6 or so essays on crossdressing which stress the benefits of dressing up.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm

Veronica

Jess Marie
10-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Good for you for living a healthier life style. Be careful talking about how dressing has made you lose weight. The ladies on this forum jump to conclusions that you are doing it only to look prettier or feel more feminine. If dressing is helping you eat healthier and live a happier lifestyle, what should hold you back? I'm in the same boat as you, when I am dressed its like all my problems have gone away and I've stepped from my body into another. It is marvelous! You go girl.

heatherdress
10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Agree with previous comments. If it - makes me happier, inspires me to stay in shape, helps me feel better, inspires me to think diffrently and openly, increases acceptance of others, offers stress relief, lets me be creative, offers greater self-awareness, and is fun - then it makes me happeir and healthier.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
I look at crossdressing as a vehicle that helped me to get in touch with my feelings and helped to integrate them into my overall self. CDing is a process and like any other process, it can run amok or you can learn to control it. The choice, it seems, is ours.:battingeyelashes::)

Marissa V
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes it did. My mental health increased dramaticly ever since. Lot more confident, self awareness, you name it. Almost feel i got my dignity back since i embraced it completely. Even told some of my friends...none acted like a jerk thank god. I feel human again.

JamieQ
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Absolutely...both mentally and physically! I feel alot healthier and I am way more aware of what I eat and I have clocked many mile walking the parks...and I am down 28lbs.

Melissa73
10-22-2012, 11:08 PM
oh it sure is a stress relief!!!! even this morning, i went to dress for work (drab) and came out of the room. Wife said i was irritant and crabby And that i was a whole different person when i had my bra on. idk, maybe its tru. I already told her (and she agrees) when it comes to men's clothing, i dont care about what i look like. I dont like them and theres no variety (pants and a shirt or shorts.) w/ womans clothing, i can change up and have pretty colors on. (example, as i was getting dressed i smiled at myself as i choose what color panties to wear to work. (never was i excited when i was putting on mens underwear....

mike~the~islandman
10-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I do recall a hefty amount of anxiety in my life until I finally admitted that this was something I need to do. For far too long I denied it, and said when I first started back in high school it was only a phase, but it absolutely wasn't. I had been thinking about it long before even trying it back then. I went through those moments too "I'll just do it a few times, and then throw these *super cute* clothes away and move on). But why? Why move on from something that's clearly just who I am, and not a mood of day?

I felt so much better when I finally made it a part of my everyday life (which, really, it only happens at nite) but still, its a part of me, and I don't want go through thinking its only a "phase" ever again :D

Tracii G
10-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I think its a great thing and a good stress reliever for me.

Meghan
10-23-2012, 12:35 AM
I think its a great thing and a good stress reliever for me.

Me too Tracii!

It's so cool, testing the world to see what happens. I have been wearing sparkling clear nail polish for three days now, and not one person has noticed.

I literally have experienced a rebirth this year. I wouldn't trade anything for what I have right now, getting to live as Meghan. It has unlocked so much, so many opportunities and possibilities that I had not seen before, probably because I wasn't looking in the right places.

My old profile quote came from a line from Gaff in the movie Blade Runner.

"Too bad she won't live. Then again, who does?"

I used to think that applied to Meghan. Needless to say, I no longer use that quote for my signature line!

Meghan

Cynthia Anne
10-23-2012, 12:41 AM
I've always said let me live my life as I see fit for it's the only thing that keeps me from going insane!

Meghan
10-23-2012, 12:45 AM
I've always said let me live my life as I see fit for it's the only thing that keeps me from going insane!

Exactly! I am learning to be more of a "beg for forgiveness" instead of an "ask for permission" type of girl.

Meghan

Lorenqt
10-23-2012, 12:55 AM
I always feel better when I can dress.

ClaudineD
10-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Definitely my femme side works on health!! Have been power walking(and a little jogging) in my cute dolphin shorts/tops etc and find it great to be working out as a woman. Has had some defnite advantages

Angela Campbell
10-23-2012, 08:53 AM
In order to look like a woman it requires a lot of work. I have a lot of respect for all GG's in that department. Crossdressing has motivated me to lose weight and excersize more, to use lotions, exfoliate and so on. So yes it has had a positive effect on my health. I guess I can now tell someone if asked why I crossdress that I do it for my health...LOL.

Sarahcd_legs
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
I also agree that it does, my diet for me and cosists of no processed foods- all meals are homemade. This greatly helps my weight and figure.

NicoleScott
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
If CDing helps motivate you to maintain a healthier weight and diet,then that's great.

Sure, I agree with Kim, but non-crosdressing men find other motivations for keeping fit and healthy, like wanting to excel in their chosen sports, wanting to be more attractive, and wanting to live longer.

Danielle_cder
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Simply put yes. :) :d

Stephanie47
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I was diagnosed as a diabetic on the low end of the scale. I had this condition for years and years, but, was never diagnosed. Well, it was suggested that I change my diet and lose some weight. Now I was not into eating junk food or beer and soda to begin with, but, I did ditch the white bread, white rice, pasta and mashed potatoes. Portion size went down. I exercise five time a week. I have dropped 15-18 pounds and have lost the male pregnant look. Yes, I do have a goal of looking my best in a dress. I would say, accounting for age, I physical stature is better than at least 75% of the GG's I encounter. The same can be said of the males.

Cross dressing is also a great stress reliever. It is comforting to sit here and bang away on the keyboard in a pretty dress by Merona.

Terri
10-23-2012, 11:56 AM
I really do think that it makes me a beter person, there is a nice balance between my fem side and my masc side...

Jaymees22
10-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi Meghan, Thanks for your friend request. I've been using moisturizers too. I'm not too much into excercise, but walk our dog about 2 miles a day which I think helps. Hugs Jaymee

Maria_1969
10-23-2012, 12:29 PM
The difference for me is big, so much so, I xdress every night.... Keeps me calm and relaxed.

Stacy Myrdin
10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I notice the difference in myrdin and must say since the CD is fully accepted he is much happier, healthier,calmer
and both of us get the benefits of that, he's a magnificent person!!
and it becomes more outspoken now then before...
It's a wonderfull transformation and we both love this
xoxo

Beverley Sims
10-23-2012, 01:22 PM
To look like a lady you have to discard those slovenly male habits you have built up over time.
You learn to diet and eat healthier as you wont fit into that size 12 dress either. :)

SashaJade
10-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I agree, dressing finally made me start to work out and watch what I eat. One, of the biggest helpers has been a calorie counter on my phone. So I feel much better physically and mentally.

suchacutie
10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Absolutely better! And here is one oddity:

I had (notice the past tense) a bad lower back. when it went out I'd be laid up for a week. Since I started wearing high heels my back feels fantastic!!! When my back feels weak and tired I just slip on some heels and I can feel the tension drain out of my muscles! So, I wear heels every morning for about a half hour no matter what!

carhill2mn
10-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I always feel better once I am en femme!

NicoleScott
10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
I had (notice the past tense) a bad lower back. when it went out I'd be laid up for a week. Since I started wearing high heels my back feels fantastic!!! When my back feels weak and tired I just slip on some heels and I can feel the tension drain out of my muscles! So, I wear heels every morning for about a half hour no matter what!

"Honest, honey, I'm only wearing these for my back!"

I never underdress (for crossdressing purposes) but I discovered that a waist cincher I wear when en femme makes my back feel better (and a corset makes it feel EVEN better). I now wear a waist cincher every day under my guy clothes, but I don't consider that crossdressing.